Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
"Guys care about looks girls don't, otherwise the hideous beast (dad) never would have been able to marry the HB8 (mom)."
"Aw, he called me cute."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

Well there are like a dozen animal witnesses around so he could just ask. And they'll probably help him nab the bad guy too.

That magic staff has the largest runic gem I've ever seen on a staff
Wait, that's the sun.

He yelled at the fish "HEY, are you a freshwater fish or saltwater?"
Alternatively, he takes a beaker of the water and tries to freeze it. If it freezes at a lower temperature than 0 C, it's an ocean. Unless they are at a high altitude, which may be the case if they are at a lake on a mountain.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pidmon posted:

USE [Hot Wax] ON BUBBLING POTION

THE GAS CLOUD WAS INFLAMMABLE

YOU DIED

Inflammable means flammable? What a country!

GET YE FLASK

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tiggum posted:

On the Fast Rack

Knowing how most businesses set up their computers, I'd be surprised if they weren't all still using Windows XP and Internet Explorer. There'll be some weird thing they have to use that would utterly break if you tried anything else.

My company (small retailer under a big corporation) basically sent out a memo saying "We know Microsoft is cutting out XP, but upgrading all our systems would be a pain in the rear end for our IT department so instead we're going to buy a perpetual service contract from Microsoft so they will support XP just for us, forever."

I'd be willing to bet nearly all businesses with corporate components will have an identical service contract.

(Fun fact: Large portions of the memo were in Comic Sans)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Pictured: 'Six-round' revolver

I notice a lot of Danger's evildoers are women when the choice comes up. :tinfoil:

Bonus

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

Stunning social commentary here.

"Welp, you're a murderer, cya later shitlords I'M OUT"

Are soundproof booths that soundproof? Guns are stupid loud.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

What's wrong with that? What is the word you'ld've used?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

holy motherfucking poo poo I wasn't ready for this :psypop:

I mean, I got this one only because I was thinking like a crazy person.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I was sure it was #3, since painting takes a longass time and you can't buy fruit and have most of a painting in the same afternoon (starting at 3 PM+)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The lower eyelid and both eyebrows being placed/used randomly makes me think everyone's drunk, or at least the artist is.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Uh pretty sure it's Quailman headgear

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I got Randy by reading this comic :heysexy:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

So it's not the first guy who has a shitload of trash despite no clients for a week, AND a coffee carafe that he could have poisoned?

E: And no hat at all.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Hel posted:

I know Holbrook is a nerd but is the barcode actually valid and if so what does it mean?

I would be extremely surprised if you could get any sort of valid barcode from just 11 vertical lines.

Edit: Maybe a 2-digit number, barcodes are designed to be read forward and backward, with 'backward' characters having a different bar than forward (so a backward 5 is different than just mirroring 5)

E2 Plus a 'check' digit, where you add all the numbers together so the reader knows it has read right

So the number '123' would have bars for 1,2,3,b3,b2,b1,6. Most characters are multiple bars (like morse code) as well.

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 23, 2014

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

As someone who hauls 70 lb things around all day

So, fingerprints on the ladder? Gunpowder residue on the corpse's hand? Left-handed pliers? Eh.

Nope, when the getaway driver heard the gunshot, he booked for the border, never to be seen again.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

:psyduck: Since when? Is this something new? I slap :burger:s on the grill pretty much as soon as I light it.

At worst, we're terrible cooks.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Green Intern posted:

They're just asking for the bird to constantly squawk out the victim's dying words.

BRAWWK "Who brings a parrot to a murder?!" BRAAWWK

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

"Hmm, slow day today. Hey! Hey you over there! Do you have an embarrassing story to tell??"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

corn in the bible posted:

thank you holbrook

Hmm I find fictional characters can do many things that real people are unable to do

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

The crappiest part of being a detective is how often your house gets broken into and ransacked. It's like unpaid overtime and job costs on a monthly basis.

No glass on the ground inside, Slylock broke out his own window for the insurance money.
:dangersay:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think Luann is going for a moral or anything. This is just "Look at this thing that has happened, there is a punchline in the last panel". There is no message, just a pun and a 'take statement literally'.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It's the only pair of doors in the world without handles on both doors, it seems

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

She's not using a crystal ball
That fortune teller makes her living looking deep into Uranus

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

This is clearly a double-framejob, he moved all his art supplies to the left to throw Danger off, but made a blunder: If he's so left-handed, why is he opening the drawer with his right?

E: Deliberate, well-planned, single shot fired kills target. Definitely the work of someone who doesn't own a gun.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

Wait so does this woman roam the streets with a cup of sugar looking for people to loan it to?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

"Aha! You've been to a shooting range lately!"

"Yea? I checked in and everything--"

"Case closed! Book 'im, Alfie!" :smuggodanger:

edit: Okay I misread that, I thought he picked up the suspects from 'has been at the shooting range today' list.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

So it definitely wasn't the gardener, who also had grassy shoes?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WindyMan posted:

Pointing a gun at an armored truck with bulletproof windows will surely get those inside to give up!

Hell, an armored truck can probably just plow right over the Dangermobile without particular effort.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

Ok yes a car hit him hard enough to throw him but not hard enough to break skin anywhere, that's some pro-tier police work

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

What freeway?

Ah yes, this 'professional' tow-truck-guy out in the middle of bumfuck Dirtroadsville doesn't know his exotic high-end sports cars!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

This is, no joke, like 90% word-for-word the training I got regarding Amber Alerts at my old retail job.
"See a suspicious person carrying a child matching the description of a child reported missing thirty seconds ago? Watch him go to the door and that's it! Don't you DARE follow him outside to see what car he's driving!"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

There's always a good reason for cake :smith:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

I instantly recognize you as a hitman, so I'm going to put you within knife-fighting range of my ward. Inspector Danger: Competent Cop

E: I need to kill a man, so I'm going to use a cover profession I have not seen in the wild for nearly 25 years or more, and is in fact so rare that I didn't notice its literal total absence for 5 years. Hitman: Good At Things

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 23, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kliban

Apparently, I'm not "deep" enough.

Don't get rides on your own supply

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I read this as "I'm the new Ra, the Sun God"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Just head down to the shelter and pick up a new bitch, what's the trouble?

• Locked thread