Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Just shoot both Mandrakes? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

If he could pull the guns out of their hands, why was all the cloning stuff necessary?? :psyboom:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

I was going to say the janitor, because I hope that the manager and violinist are literate enough to not write "It'll will".

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Has Brooke ever seen anyone hold a gun? Ever?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

If ZNJ had done the No Code storyline first, it would have been a thing worth reading.

If it had been written well, flowed properly, or was interesting in any way at all, it would have been worth reading.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Somebody please get Boyce some help

Do you think he's actually used anything electronic in the past 50 years? It always seems like he has a really fundamental misunderstanding of everything he tries to write about.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What the gently caress? What the gently caress?? :psyboom:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Never seen a Red Box rental machine?

Clearly not. I thought movie vending machines were just some insane fever dream that Boyce had but apparently they're a real thing!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Can this strip just be about Mandrake's dad now? It's a million times better like this :allears:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tomorrow: SURPRISE :pervert:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

A clamshell phone with an antenna that takes batteries... Happy 2015, Boyce :allears:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

Mandrake is so loving good, you guys. I'm still not tired of Theron being a jerk to absolutely everyone.

I know, right? I wish this strip could just be about Mandrake's dad loving with people and not giving a poo poo because it's 100x better since he came in :allears:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

This is strangely lucid and almost funny for Boyce.

He has a strange pattern to his 'jokes'. About once a week, he'll write something absolutely impenetrably bizarre or blatantly incorrect/misspelled, and then the next week he'll write something completely sensible, and if not funny, then understandable. Clearly, Compu-toon is actually a medical thesis on stroke victims rather than an actual comic.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Wasn't this exact same joke done before, and without a typo?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sony has to deal with Oreos flying out of their computers? :confused:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

I'm actually colorblind so I can't tell if there are numbers in either circle :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

This isn't a joke, this is the sad reality of male pattern baldness. :(

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ms Boods posted:

I can think of a happier and more heartwarming version of this strip.

Is it sending the kid for cancer screening and speech therapy?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well yeah, everyone scrolls past Working Daze.

I've been reading this thread for years and never realized that strip even existed until you told me.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

NEXT: CELL PHONE

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

He throws pumpkins at people??? :haw:

They're just pumpkin-themed grenades. Laaaaame.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The green label is one of those "healthy" labels they put on poo poo.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bizarro is living up to its name. I get the joke, but :psyduck:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bismuth posted:

I get that newspaper comic characters dont usually age, but for some reason it bothers me so much that the baby in this strip is old enough to speak and eat baby food but has no hair. Ok fine some babies are born bald, but gently caress does the kid have cancer or something? What is the matter with it?

Judging by its speech patterns, which are advanced, fluent English sentences but horribly mangled beyond belief as if it has some kind of eldritch accent, it may actually be some sort of atrocious hellbeast mimicking a human child.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SomeMathGuy posted:

You know, until it got fouled up by the subsequent strips, we very nearly came close to someone in Intelligent Life realizing that being a huge manchild is a bad thing.

Welcome to "self-insert" cranked up to an extreme :(

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Did Mandrake get a new writer or something? The text is actually coherent and not ultra truncated anymore.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze references recent nerd thing.

(Seriously, though, DD is awesome and you should watch it)

That's not the only thing DD in this comic

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Spiders are nature's electricians :pseudo:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Now that's a colourist gaffe. Look at that arm!

No, it's just part of the exciting new irradiation subplot.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What the gently caress does this even mean?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ema Nymton posted:

Wouldn't it wacky if one of them forgot they were herbivorous and started loving eating people? :haw:

That would be fun and interesting and therefore will never happen.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bismuth posted:

I never quite understood what was going on with the Osbornes hair in Spiderman, can anyone explain it to me? Cut in stripes? Really weird cornrows? I've seen modern pictures of the hair too and its still perplexing.

I think it's supposed to be like, sheen on slicked back hair.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I envy the dead.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Really Pants posted:

Everett True wouldn't swear. And he wouldn't need any hired muscle.

Ah, so this is Everett False.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

NOW: TIGER

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Can we get someone to go check on Boyce and make sure he's taking his meds?

Once a month there's a joke that makes sense and is funny (well, comparatively) and once a month there is complete stroketastic nonsense like this. It's uncanny how clockwork it is.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Because everyone knows teenagers are extremely responsible, rational actors, especially about sex and the eminent possibility of it. :rolleyes:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

My eyes glazed off this, caught "to thine own self be true", and I started thinking about Dead Rising. That's probably better than actually reading whatever insane poo poo the comic actually says, right?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

How many times has this weird obsession come up? It's kinda getting fetishistically creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

It's been brutally obvious for like a month now that the "race" in the Phantom is actually a test of character over skill, so what inane conclusion will be made so that Guran wins?

• Locked thread