Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ What this guy said

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Since this is a new thread and all, and also because all the previous ones have shown it to be inevitable, I'll take this opportunity to suggest that anyone who's new to freep should take a few minutes and read Umberto Eco's essay, Ur-Fascism. We tend to reference it quite a bit, sometimes to the point of distraction, as freepers tend to straddle the line between "ordinary reactionary rear end in a top hat" and "brownshirt in waiting" (and many have already merrily goose-stepped their way over it).

Points 7 and 8 are particularly relevant, but all are useful to understanding the freeper mindset.

Yeah, put it in the OP with a few :siren: around it and then let it never be mentioned again. To be honest that thing is starting to grate on my nerves, it has become predictable to the point where I can almost infallibly tell when someone is going to bring it up. Worse than that, it always comes as a 1-2 combo:
- but how could he be both stupid and genial at the same time? these people are really something, right guys? *wink* *wink*
- oh you know what this reminds me off? Thus, by a continuous shifting of *faaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

Good lord, everybody who follows this thread knows that poo poo by heart by now.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

bpower posted:

Ahaha He's responding to every "LOL are you mentally ill" in the comments.

This guy is pretty great.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Drone posted:

This one is best read if you imagine him breathing heavily and gasping between each one, clearly overexerting himself as he wanks to his CW2 fantasy.

"Pockets of resistence...."

"Rural... southerners... aw yeah..."

"Did the Serbs.... unnngghhh fuuuuck."

I just heard in the voice of that general of the New New Confederate Army.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DemeaninDemon posted:

In their defense, FEMA water is scary poo poo that comes in a can.

Though I'd trust something from a can labeled FEMA over a dusty jug of Freep Water.

And you'd be dead wrong, freep water comes from the purest springs in WV. Tastes like Freedom.

railroad terror posted:

I just read through this entire thread. I think a little piece of me just died.
I'm on my fifth commission. I can no longer fit in civilian society.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 18, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Badera posted:

What's going to happen? This.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201401170030

They don't give a rat's rear end.

This. :psyduck: This is a thing of beauty! libertarianism.txt

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

To: markomalley

Brewer shows that she opposes the First Amendment in her veto of this bill. The next stage of this slippery slope is to force a God-fearing doctor to perform an abortion. The bill was a stand for freedom and liberty and was based upon the Eternal, Inerrant Word of God.

7 posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:00:06 PM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)

Alternatively the next stage of this slippery slope is forcing a God-fearing ER doctor to perform a blood transfusion.
Where will the madness end?

e:
Freepers: Worship of the anus

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 27, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3127891/posts

quote:

To: Cincinatus' Wife
May 5 - Mexican Flag Burning Day.

Pile ‘em high!

3 posted on 02/28/2014 12:24:41 AM PST by Ray76 (How modern liberals think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c)

To: All
Let’s take it nationwide: May 5 - Mexican Flag Burning Day

11 posted on 02/28/2014 12:48:17 AM PST by Ray76 (How modern liberals think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c)

Can American kids beat up mexican kids on May 5?

23 posted on 02/28/2014 2:01:35 AM PST by Right Wing Assault

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3127887/posts

quote:

Americans are just going to have to resort to violence in response to Cinco de Mayo celebrations.

5 posted on 02/27/2014 11:11:42 PM PST by P-Marlowe (There can be no Victory without a fight and no battle without wounds)

Here, have some STDH and STWNH to clean your palate.

quote:

I’ going to buy several Flags of Islam and have them go to school and see what happens. Awhile back I called the Freedom From Religion Foundation and told them there were Muslim students pushing Islam on me and pretended to be athiest. They hung up on me. Need I say more?

22 posted on 02/27/2014 11:53:48 PM PST by jsanders2001

quote:

You must be on drugs or smoking something!I have never met an obama voter yet.

31 posted on 02/28/2014 12:21:58 AM PST by plainshame
Well, that settles it then.

e: Nice

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3127888/posts

quote:

Police, FBI investigating Muslim student’s bullying complaint (Haines City, FL)

[..]Fourteen-year-old Zarah Habibulla says the bullying started last December when she began wearing a headscarf to school as part of her Muslim faith.

quote:

There is such a thing as “asking for it.”

7 posted on 02/28/2014 1:12:54 AM PST by tuffydoodle (Shut up voices, or I'll poke you with a Q-Tip again.)
:regd03:

e2: :asoiaf:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3127871/posts

quote:

These Shocking Abortion Statistics Might Be Hard To Believe

[..]Almost 72 percent of parents who decide to murder their child in the womb in the state are black. More than 39,000 abortions ended the lives of black babies in Mississippi between 1995 and 2010

quote:

you cant fix stupid

you cant even vote it out

but if they want to kill it before it multiplies is pure genius

4 posted on 02/27/2014 9:14:51 PM PST by bigheadfred

quote:

To me it is not hard to believe, this is their way of life and their culture. This is what they are taught and this is what they live by. Amazing how people will fall in line for the crap that Demonkrats promote.

15 posted on 02/27/2014 10:40:55 PM PST by Busko (The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain.)

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Feb 28, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BadOptics posted:

This Tyson hate just blows my mind. From all the videos and interviews I've seen of his he has a real passion for trying to explain a lot of confusing scientific models/theories to the average layman without talking down to his audience. He's like the exact opposite of the stereotypical ivy-tower intellectual that looks down on the unwashed masses. I just...:confused:

Why are you implying these people are confused by science? Would you like to have some affirmative action thug talking down to you like you were a dummy that needed explanations? They get all the science they need from the source, the bible.

TheIllestVillain posted:

I thought AA was only a factor during the admissions process, i mean black kids still have to do all that fancy book learnin' the white kids are doing. Or do people think that it's some kind of magic wand that guarantees a testamur?

It's the same nonsense that you get with Obama, that affirmative action was somehow the sole reason he succeeded academically and earned his JD while graduating magna cum laude from Harvard.
I bet his dissertation was all written in ebonics. That's an instant PhD.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

Funny thing about "Rules for Radicals" is that its lessons can pretty easily be applied by any outsider political group of any political persuasion. It's basically a book about how to play hardball with the establishment.

The only true manual for playing hardball with the establishment was the product of Johann "Dyna" Most.

quote:

The existing system will be quickest and most radically overthrown by the annihilation of its exponents. Therefore, massacres of the enemies of the people must be set in motion.
:getin:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

VitalSigns posted:

Coming up with a new religion is one thing, but not obeying your dictator (whom God divinely selected) and supporting a republic instead, now that's some real bad poo poo.

Yeah lets support the ruling aristocracy instead of the populist leader, eventually it will all trickle down.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Iraqis angered by draft law proposed by Shiite-led government to legalize child marriage

quote:

It WAS fixable:

1. Burn the mosques and korans.
2. Kill all the imams and scholars.
3. Forbid all muslim practices.
4. Crush all resistance mercilessly.
5. Take all the children away to Christian schools for 18 years.

Basically do what was done to the American Indians.
It was a successful model against Druids and Saxons as well.

6 posted on 14/3/2014 16:28:38 by UnbelievingScumOnTheOtherSide (HELL, NO! BE UNGOVERNABLE! --- ISLAM DELENDA EST)
:regd02:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Alter Ego posted:

--a thing said by a guy who loves freedom

He's just pointing out that "fixing" the native problem was a prerequisite for that freedom.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Billionaires With Big Ideas Are Privatizing American Science (focusing on white diseases)
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3133780/posts

quote:

This is a basic Darwinian process........ survival of the fittest.

Being a minority with special needs means those needs can not be met because limited resources are expended for the greater good.

The whole point of the Obama presidency was to destroy the natural order.

10 posted on 3/16/2014 12:32:11 PM by bert ((K.E. N.P. N.C. +12 ..... History is a process, not an event)
:regd98:

e:

quote:

Feminists often bloviate about medical research being done for men. Actually, men are experimented on more. This is because they are more stable subjects. It is simple biology.

Of course people donate on diseases that affect or are affecting them. Only a deluded leftist can suggest that these people donate to research on diseases that will never affect them or their heirs... especially demanding contributions for diseases that are afflicting segments of society that are pulling the country (and maybe the world) into the gutter.

What if, just what if.... these afflictions and disease are Divine Judgment? I don’t know... but don’t demand I go against God.

51 posted on 3/16/2014 1:50:47 PM by Ex-Pat in Mex
Forcing me to threat black people is against my first amendment rights!

e2:

quote:

I agree; hwo much more research needs to be done once you know how it all works? I’m tired of hearing commercials asking for donation and asking for help raising awareness.

67 posted on 3/16/2014 3:41:56 PM by CorporateStepsister (I am NOT going to force a man to make my dreams come true)
If only those ivory tower eggheads would ask CorporateStepsister's help he would long have sorted out this whole cancer hullabaloo.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 16, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kilmers Elbow posted:

That's adorable.

He further doubles down on it.

quote:

the NatGeo Cosmos special last night took a trip to Titans seas of Methane and Ethane and made the statement that Titan has “more oil and gas” than all the known deposits on earth

Just sayin’ what they told my kid last night

66 posted on 3/18/2014 3:46:29 PM by silverleaf (Age takes a toll: Please have exact change)
:v:

ColdSnickersBar posted:

Oh, he was burned alive mostly for not believing in Jesus, and only partly for his ideas on the cosmos? Oh, okay then. It's cool. No biggie.
They are right on this one though. I already got into a fight on the TVIV thread over this but Bruno was killed because he was a serious heretic, not because his of his heliocentrism and it's disingenuous to claim him as some sort of martyr of science.
Claiming that Galileo and in particularly Bruno were martyrs for our cause is like Freepers claiming that JFK was murdered by a leftist because of his conservative views.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ColdSnickersBar posted:

I still don't even get how you can type something like that. The entire point was that he was killed for thinking differently.
No, that isn't the entire point. You could get killed for saying that Mary wasn't a virgin but that wouldn't make a science martyr out of you.

quote:

How can someone even be a "serious heretic"? Being a "heretic" is not serious, because it's not a crime by any reasonable metric.
Not serious to you or me sure, but to them having an ordained priest claiming that Jesus was a con man was a pretty serious crime.

quote:

The authorities at the time were not reasonable and suppressed thought and education through terror. That was the point.
Again, this is unreasonable to us. poo poo, I've been posting in this thread for years I think most of you are familiar with my politics and religion so I won't waste time showing off my "atheist cred" but people at the time lived in a completely different society.
When you are one social unrest away from having to feed your toddler to your other children to get them through winter your social_peace/freedom_of_thought goal ratio will be severely skewed in favor of conformism. Anyone teaching things that will get people to oppose one another will be severely suppressed, this is a common element in all agrarian societies, not exclusive of the christian church.
Nowadays we can afford dissent and even discarding the moral element tolerance for dissent brings us a lot of benefits. At the time all dissent brought you was massacres and civil war.

quote:

His heliocentrism was part of his entire "heretical" worldview that got him killed.
Look, it's the same as if Luther had been a heliocentrist, the church might not approve of that but they had a much bigger axe to grind with him.

quote:

The show is about science, not theology, so it highlighted his differences with the Church in that regard and how that contributed to getting him killed. If the show took a massive digression into theological differences, it would have been stupid. The show wasn't dishonest in the least.
No, but I think that presenting the case as simply "religious persecution and the need to not go against church doctrine had a detrimental toll on the development of science and technology" would have been enough. They could even give some examples of how the beliefs of the time constrained scientific innovation by both suppressing "undesirable" ideas and limiting what people thought was possible (Earth was created in six days et all).

The way the show presented it just reinforced the popular narrative that Bruno was a martyr of science when it was no more the case than all the heretical preachers that got whacked over the centuries. There was a reason they picked Bruno instead of Jan Hus for example and it was to draw the connection between his fate and his belief in heliocentrism.

quote:

Also, this whole argument smacks of "oh, okay, well they only killed him for his religious views. I guess that's more understandable." It's not more understandable. It's the same underlying culture that killed him for his heliocentric views as well. It's the same culture that killed Galileo for his heliocentric ideas. It's the same culture that causes Texas to fight teaching evolution in public schools. And that's why it's there. To help us understand why some people try to push back the hand of time. Even now. Even here.
You are conflating understanding with approval. You can understand why some system emerges and is maintained over the centuries without thinking that system was good or desirable. poo poo, I'd be burned at the stake in a jiffy. (actually most goons would probably be Jesuits but eh)
Also, the church didn't kill Galileo :psyduck: and he was arrested for being dumb and poking a bear in the face with a pointy stick until the bear was reluctantly forced to swat him down. Really, if you are going to undermine the power of the church look at Voltaire and the Encyclopedistes, Galileo is only an example of what not to do.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 18, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
By the way I just clicked the linked "Cosmos rating" article they were commenting on and then clicked the link to the ratings inside that and guess what, Cosmos was the second most viewed show in that time slot and the forth most viewed the entire day. Pretty outstanding for a science show I'd say.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 18, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

The beauty of an unchanging infinite God is that what was right and wrong is still right and wrong.

2 posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:50:57 PM by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)

quote:

Genesis 6:6
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Sorry god but no takesies backsies. :dawkins101:

quote:

Look at this idiot not knowing about papal infallibility. The Pope could say that green is blue tomorrow and he'd be right by the laws of the Catholic Church.
That's only true for theological matters though, if the Pope came out and said that green is blue all that would happen would be a flurry of phone calls of cardinals vying for support in the upcoming conclave.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 19, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
loving democrats and their ever intruding big government!

* wants government to order the relocation of most of the population and force them to work in the fields *

Did this guy take a page from Pol Pot?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Gay-marriage foe to march in NYC gay pride parade: Anti-same-sex-marriage banner will be allowed
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3135815/posts

quote:

Methinks the gays have called the bluff.

The gays are smart enough to realize that they need acceptance by straights. The gay attitude is not everyone has to be gay, but everyone has to accept gay. They are perfectly ok with heterosexuality and heterosexual marriage, they just want acceptance for homosexuality and homosexual marriage.

Too bad. They don’t get acceptance. It is a sin. Plain and simple.

13 posted on 3/21/2014 6:45:49 PM by ForYourChildren (Christian Education [ RomanRoadsMedia.com - a classical Christian approach to homeschool])
He almost had me for a minute. :negative:

e:
School allows bullied boy to wear My Little Pony backpack
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3135818/posts

quote:

And when the kid is on his knees in a rest stop men’s room, with a size 13 sphincter and 4 raging STDs and a meth habit, the parents will be SO proud they were progressive.

5 posted on 3/21/2014 6:26:59 PM by jonascord (Hurrah for the Bonny Blue Flag that bears a Single Star!)
Hahaha these loving people!

quote:

I know it sounds odd, but bullies do perform a service of sorts. At a young age, children are compelled to want to learn conformity and social order. It is important that they learn the parameters to conformity, so that they learn both how conformity and non-conformity work.

But some parents are so desperate for their child to exhibit uniqueness, that they do not appreciate their child’s need to learn the rules of society safely. The result is children who in public are out of control.

For example, in a restaurant, the child pulls down his pants and poops on the carpet. His mother chastises the horrified waiter because “he is expressing his creativity.” For his part the child is confused, because he never gets a reaction other than praise when he does that at home.

Bullies, however, are attracted to unusual appearances or behavior, like predators are attracted to limping prey. No mistake, they bully because they like to bully, but in their own weird way they feel they are acting like social police, keeping order in school.

In this case, the principal was spot on in recommending that the boy not bring his My Little Pony backpack to school. Because even if the faculty sit on the current bullies, new bullies will emerge to perform their function. And not just boys, but if they have to, girls.

28 posted on 3/21/2014 7:04:11 PM by yefragetuwrabrumuy (WoT News: Rantburg.com)

Literally "children must be beaten until they submit and conform". :catstare:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 22, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Actually I have no idea about this but at a guess I'd imagine most people probably didn't own slaves? Weren't the vast majority working on plantations?

Whoever the song is directly glorifying the fact remains that honest or not they were suckered into fighting to protect other people's interests that actually went against their own best interests. There's no way slavery could have been good for wages, so it's always the same resentful conservatives who bought into the dream but never quite made it that end up getting manipulated into loving everything for everyone including themselves out of misdirected spite.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

The Romans were relatively pluralistic, provided you conformed to their cultural norms.

And they still beat the poo poo out of "lets just enslave our neighbors, look down on everyone not us and not even bother to produce anything of worth, ever" spartans that freeper types love so much.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

To: RonPaulLives; All
There are a number of Freepers who like to snipe at the ‘Dixiecrat’ Democrat party and all the bad things Southern Democrat white guys did to the blackamoors after the War between the States. After 1865 white people in much of the South were faced with basic public order issues with masses of the most ignorant and debased former slaves either hanging about the towns to collect rations from the Freedman's Bureau or roaming about the country stealing what livestock the federals hadn't taken or killed and engaging in arson and , if they could get away with it, mayhem, rape, and some murders. White people in Dixie reacted harshly and the violence that ensued was directed at the carpetbaggers and their black dupes and stooges. Thereafter the belief for decades was that blacks could never be allowed to have any political power and were to be ruthlessly subordinated and controlled . I remember older white people back in the 60’s saying the same thing would occur again if the segregation regime were dismantled. I dismissed such talk as foolish reactionary ignorance. Today when I see events like this reported constantly and with increasing frequency and when I see just how vicious and debased many blacks are where I live i can only feel a chill of apprehension that those now dead white men where right.

54 posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:48:20 PM by robowombat
This entire post needs to be bolded just for it's "but democrats are the real racists I tell you" value. I just love in particular the part I bolded because it's the racist equivalent of "I used to practice black magic and animal sacrifice at a satanist church and had 2 abortions per year and do drugs and had homo sex all the time but then I found god".
No you didn't, you're full of poo poo, you've always been like this.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

StandardVC10 posted:

If there was some Iranian or Pakistani plot to blow something up with an airliner, why would they steal one and therefore be using the most sought-after airplane on earth for their mission, when they could use any number of airliners already on the ground within those two countries?

The US wasted millions on the F22 when apparently Boing 777's are already great stealth planes. I mean, how else do they propose the thing fly from the Indian ocean to Miami completely unnoticed? No one is going to find it strange that an unidentified plane is approaching the city? So much for nevah forget...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Rokstar posted:

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the main reason why you'd set off a nuke for EMP is to disable a country's defenses for long enough to lob more nukes at them without retaliation (from them, anyway). An EMP is never the goal in itself.

I would imagine all military installations, especially nuke silos, would be protected though. Cities would have to be abandoned and millions of civilians would die in the following months but that would be irrelevant because odds are we'd all be dead in the next couple of hours anyway.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

cafel posted:

The terrorist would be relying on the fact that as soon as the power goes out black people around the nation would rise up and try to kill whitey. This is a thing Freep actually believes.

Feral thugs are extra dangerous because you can't even see them coming when the power goes out. They're like stealth zombies and on top of that they run very fast. You better carry all the time, can't relax, can't relax,.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

To: PrairieLady2; SunkenCiv

In ancient Greece there was an elite unit that was encouraged to be all homosexual, the Theban Sacred Band. How’d that go? Not too good! Phillip II, Alexander the Great’s father, wiped them all out in the battle of Chaeronea (338 B.C.).

That is the only example I need to know that gays in the military aren’t a good idea.

229 posted on Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:40:32 AM by Berosus (I wish I had as much faith in God as liberals have in government.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]
How peculiar, he forgot to mention that the Sacred Band wiped the floor with the Spartans.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

1% milk is junk. My diet lady said to put 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee. It has fewer carbs.

18 posted on 4/7/2014 2:21:05 PM by Mercat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Is this guy taking nutritional advice from Paula Deen or something?

quote:

The photos are appalling. No child is going to eat half a kiwi. Kiwi is used as garnish on the tv show Chopped! It’s one thing to overfeed a kid but to dish out food that would be ignored by inmates at a Japanese prison of war camp is child abuse.

Or getting them used to the upcoming famine...

7 posted on 4/7/2014 2:05:12 PM by miss marmelstein (Richard Lives Yet!)
If they'd given the kids a full kiwi it would have been worse than the Rape of Nanking. Where will the madness end?

quote:

I thought school lunch was great in the 80’s.

I remember getting the square pizza and fries just about every day.

I would take the fries, put them on top of the pizza and eat it like a taco. Straight outside to the courtyard where the jock/cheerleader crowd hang out.

And I’m still alive!

17 posted on 4/7/2014 2:21:03 PM by envisio (Its on like Donkey Kong!
:btroll:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 7, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

robotsinmyhead posted:

This is pretty standard practice for low-carb dieting. More fat, less lactic sugars.

Yeah but I doubt that the 1g less carbs per glass will make up for the extra 33g of unsaturated fat. I've done atkins myself and that's a terrible tradeoff.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha loving Canada is too foreign and scary for freepers. I hadn't had such a good belly laugh since I learned how Salazar died.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Finnankainen posted:

This guy is literally arguing that evolution proves white people are a separate species. :pseudo:

Actually he is arguing that since animals discriminate it's also right for people to oppose mixed-marriages.

I'd write an extensive reply but at the moment I'm busy cleaning the blood of my girlfriend's previous children from the carpet.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Finnankainen posted:

Sure, but the implication is that this discrimination constitutes speciation since you get two separate populations that don't interbreed even though they could.

Sure it's dumb. He things that simply forbidding intermarriage without exerting severely different environmental-social pressure we would somehow evolve into different species when we haven't in the tens of thousands of years we were separated already. But the real question is why the gently caress would he even want do something like that deliberately? The "oh well the geckos/pikas do it so I guess we should do it too" seems like a poor excuse to secure the existence of his people and a future for white children.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hitler was a leftist, dummie.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Cliven Bundy got one thing right: His claim is absurd, but challenging property law is not
Salon ^ | April 21, 2014 | Matt Bruenig
Posted on 4/21/2014 8:06:35 PM by 2ndDivisionVet

He may be a clown, but his actions raise a question: Who is the state to determine who gets to use what resources?

quote:

Dammit I hate snarky creeps like this guy. On what basis does he think Cliven Bundy is a "clown"? Why does he think that disagreeing with the abrogation of a century-old agreement is a "strange" legal theory?

Even if he's "kinda" agreeing and seeing that there is a valid issue to be debated, I'd still like to correct some of his perceptions with a 2x4.
6 posted on 4/21/2014 8:15:01 PM by BikerJoe

quote:

You took the words right out of my mouth, Clown Clown??!!!! Does this amuse this jack off matt??? Missing the big picture jerk wad. It all comes down to more taxes and when do we say enough!!! Clown. This guy is a clown in an rear end in a top hat suit.

9 posted on 4/21/2014 8:22:44 PM by longfellow (Bill Maher, the 21st hijacker.)

Yes, how dare this guy call someone a clown? Why is it that liberals constantly insult those they disagree with? It's not even a week since the fat lesbian wookiee

America's Meb Keflezighi Wins An Emotional Boston Marathon

quote:

~~~Meb Keflezighi~~~
Born in Eritrea. So he is an American by citizenship? What's the diference between Eritreans and Kenyans?

3 posted on 4/21/2014 7:13:34 PM by LoneRangerMassachusetts (The meek shall not inherit the Earth)

quote:

The crowd roared as the Eritrean-born runner who lives in San Diego...
Truthfully, how many folks know where Eritrea is? I've worked for a global logistics company for 33 years, with offices in 220+ countries, yet I had to look that up on Wikipedia. It's in Africa, by the way.

6 posted on 4/21/2014 7:16:46 PM by GalaxieFiveHundred
homeschooling.txt

Police caught off guard by huge park gathering where 2 women were shot

quote:

Keep your situational awareness and stay very alert especially when more than three or four feral teens start to gather. GTFO of the area as soon as possible. Let them kill themselves, not you!

16 posted on 4/21/2014 8:47:12 PM by Red_Devil 232 ((VietVet - USMC All Ready On The Right? All Ready On The Left? All Ready On The Firing Line!))
neverrelax.jpg

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha, this entire "old man executes 16yo girl with a headshot" thread is probably the biggest :flaccid: fest I've ever seen on Freep but even so this one really stands out:

quote:

not buying it....he's probably an arrogant old pr*ck....

I'm an old arrogant pri^k...

I'll still shoot anyone who comes into my castle. The drop gun will be next to him.
26 posted on 4/23/2014 2:39:22 AM by jy8z (When push comes disguised as nudge, I do not budge.)
:freep04: :stonklol:

e:
Some freepers are defending this guy's right to lay in ambush and not only shot but execute any intruders. But even if they were armed wouldn't an ambush and deliberate execution shots at best be looked in the same way as if he had simply booby trapped his house with shoguns?
Am I incorrect in thinking that setting up lethal booby traps for intruders is also illegal/murder in the US?

e2:

cafel posted:

'Why is urban music so full of anger and frustration and hopelessness? Oh well, gotta go support the war on drugs, slashing food stamps and a return to segregated schools.'

Also the Beastie Boys, Eminem and Macklemore never existed, and if they had they would have been run out of the industry because of reverse racism. God, every line of this post is annoying the poo poo out of me and I'm not even a huge rap fan.

It's actually funny because I've been reading cloudmountain's posts to see how she has escaped the zoot so far when most of her posts consist of rightfully putting down other freepers for talking poo poo they know nothing about the middle east interspersed with the occasional one liner shibboleth. Yet she then proceeds to spectacularly gently caress up when it comes to urban culture in exactly the same way she spends her day correcting others for.

e3:
I know nothing about guns so what's with all the wackos and Ruger Mini-14's?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 23, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bundy posted:

I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.
Hahaha holy poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ghetto Prince posted:

One thing I've noticed is that the self defense plea has become as much of a joke as the insanity plea was in the 90's. The culture is rapidly changing in a way that I didn't think would ever happen.

Difference being that people actually do get away by pleading self defense, while odds are that you'll end with a needle in your arm even if you were chasing butterflies in court.

e:

VitalSigns posted:

There actually is a Freep thread about us, but posting excerpts from either thread in the other is a bannable/zottable offense on each site. For obvious reasons.
What?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 25, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
How dare the government suggest that kids have healthier eating habits? Tyranny!
How dare the government suggest that kids take an STD vaccine? Tyranny!
How dare the government not forbid same sex relations when they have higher STD rates? Tyranny!

Who What Now posted:

Jesus Christ. I have no idea why this one really jumped out at me, what with all the usual homophobic bigotry they display, but this one did. Goddamn they really are just letting their seething hatred out on display in all it's glory now.
Actually while they have been slipping more and more in regards to racist epithets I still remember when they referred to homosexuals as "FDRQs" 9 times out of 10.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 28, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Go RV! posted:

I'm assuming some twitter people made lovely comments about the people who live in Midwest/South, which they of course would never do, no sir.

*Links to FR thread about literally any disaster in California or the Northeast*

Not to mention their constant furious masturbation over scenarios where society collapses and millions of their countrymen living in cities die of starvation.

Who's laughing now liberals? :smuggo:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Plinkey posted:

Does Freep ever hate it when an old white guy gets convicted of murder.

Little Falls Man Found Guilty On All Four Counts Of Murder

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3150105/posts

:stare:

:stare: again

Jesus Christ, RinaseaofDs is insane.

...and a voice of reason I guess.

This is actually kind of a misrepresentation. There are a couple of nuts defending the guy but most posts are people calling them out quite vehemently which actually surprised me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

lousy hat posted:

As I went to tap your link, I just thought, "Please be Marbury."

Regardless, their take on the role of the judiciary is just as backwards and self-serving as their take on the Constitution. If Obama or a Democratic Congress refused to enforce a SCOTUS decision, the entire site of Freep would be nothing but swearing, decrying the death of the rule of law, calling the Republic dead, and calling for mob lynchings of politicians.

...Oh yeah. But more! More than now! It's possible! And they'd be right to be furious, but not for the reasons they'd give.

To be fair if the constitution meant whatever the government said it meant the Republic would be dead. And freep would be fine with that if the ones calling the shots were Republicans.

• Locked thread