Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I have a feeling they may have just copy+paste'd a list of every WWE PPV and the person who put that up didn't realize what Over the Edge '99 was. I don't think that show is going to be on the Network, or at least for very long if it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DudeDeuce posted:

So what the hell is Wrestlemania Rewind tonight? Preview last week said Hogan vs Savage from WM5 but schedule says Triple H vs Jericho, which I think they already showed. I remember that episode was 90% HHH return, 10% HHH-Jericho feud.

Funny enough, that's actually how the feud went in real time as well!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shawn Michaels doesn't count because

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I'm not sure if it's just me but the network has been running like poo poo lately. It's been freezing a lot and dipping in quality as well. I'm using my ps3.

Its been getting worse the last two months, though I use a browser. Flash keeps crashing on that page randomly and only that page. Sucks when I have to keep refreshing the live feed, and even worse when I need to start whatever PPV I was watching over again and find the right spot I was at.

Worked perfectly for the first 4 months though, but man they're really trying their hardest to get me not to resub, it seems.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Memento posted:

I've definitely had some Flash crashes in the last week or so. Whenever something like this happens, I always assume it's my computer or my internet letting me down.

I would too if it happened on any other website, but it only happens on the Network

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Astro7x posted:

Well to be fair, the only promoted matches were fine. It was just the rest of the PPV card being filler that nobody cared about.

One of those promoted matches was an Elimination Chamber that had one of the advertised participants replaced with Bob Holly, the only two people the crowd gave a poo poo about eliminated first, and ended with a really loving boring slog despite being the shortest Chamber match ever. It is easily the shittiest chamber match by a large margin. So no, even the "promoted matches" weren't both fine.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 15, 2014

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

These are all people who didn't like Jarrett's work until a bunch of people came out to and interfered in their thought process until Jarrett hit The Stroke once and now they love him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Great White Hope posted:

He's a man who chants USA! So Daniel Bryan with different letters.

This post circa November 2013

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Baby Babbeh posted:

Here's a question: are there any GOOD Hogan matches? I certainly can't think of any but surely he wasn't unremittingly awful for his entire career?

His match against Ultimate Warrior is probably his best WWF match. This is also either Warrior's best or 2nd best match, depending on if you like the Warrior/Savage match more. Also Savage/Hogan from Wrestlemania 5 isn't that bad.

I can't recommend his match against Triple H because the 12 year old in me is still pissed off that old, orange bastard won the world title :mad:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

And gambling when the UK version launches

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Astro7x posted:

THere is one line in particular that Bryan says about when your favorite wrestler doesn't go up the card, that their wins and losses don't matter. You stop caring about them, and you get tired of them. That is my biggest issue with the product right now.

hell this has been my problem with them since WCW closed down and they didn't think they had to worry about these things called "new stars" anymore and killed Chris Jericho's push before his title reign into Wrestlemania was even close to over

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sleepingbuddha posted:

Oh yeah, I remember Netflix being crappy too until they gave Comcast millions of dollars. Isn't that poo poo supposed to be illegal?

:911:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:laffo: yeah like payola doesn't happen either

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I can't see how he could pick any match but the WM27 Taker match as his best.

Even with his Taker matches at Wrestlemania, the 28 Hell in a Cell was way better. And the three stages of hell is up there for one of the best WWF matches ever.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ehhh agree to disagree then since I can name a few moments I think are better, especially the ending to the Three Stages of Hell match. Then again I didn't watch the Wrestlemania 27 match live and it seems like that's the big divide on people who think it's great vs. people who only think it's ok.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Someone else needs to do what RVD did and just use it get a title shot they normally wouldn't get and use it at a PPV. The "cashing in to steal the title" was great, especially the first time with Edge, but it's been done to death at some point using it like the Summerslam equivalent of winning the Royal Rumble seems like the obvious place to go.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

triplexpac posted:

The problem is that I'm not sure how you book someone like that and not have them look stupid.

They've conditioned us to think of MITB as a "win the title for free card" for so long, doing anything else seems foolish.

Only heels want a free title. A real wrestler wants to prove himself. It's really not as bad as you make it sound and practically writes itself.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

The briefcase as a plot device is loving horrible. I also don't know how they can possibly get rid of it when MitB is one of their big ticket events now and the matches are unique/fun.

Change the rules of the briefcase. Like, it only guarantees a title match in the Summerslam main event, or the holder has to announce their cash in ahead of time. Even if you don't have a good guy win who wants to use it the "right" way like I was saying earlier, this is just a way to hard code into the rules that "we're getting rid of the surprise cash in because it's been done a billion times."

Of course, again, I just say have a face win it and announce his cash in like RVD.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

edit: wrong thread

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Gonna go with the assumption that it was the Royal Rumble.

Same here. The increase was before the show not afterward. I can't imagine them retaining 1 million in July or October no matter who's on top.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Answers Me posted:

What are the best and worst Wrestlemanias between 20 and 29 that i should make sure to watch before my free month runs out?

20, 23, 24, and everything after the first hour of 28 are good

25, 26, 27, and 29 are all really bad minus one match, that match being the undertaker match that year

21 is good except for the last three matches

22 is bad but has some cool moments

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

or when they really hated roman reigns so they put him in a fatal four way for the title for no real reason

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Those houses in Waco burned for a reason brother, just like Right Guard burns away B.O.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Senerio posted:

So I have a few friends who will be getting the network soon, and one of them has asked me for a list of must-see things on the network. Is there a list like that anywhere?

Wrestlemania 4, 9, 2000, 27
WCW New blood rising
WCW Uncensored 1996
ECW December to Dismember

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I got a downright :psyduck: tech support suggestion from WWE Network on Twitter but I'm gonna try it tomorrow I guess.

"While on the error screen press and hold X button. While holding it click RB continuously. While holding X button and continuously pressing RB button, press A button to exit WWE App. Then launch the app." :psyduck: What the Christ could that possibly do?

p sure this is how you unlock big head mode

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Stardust owns and Cosmic King Barrett owns, sry.

it's perfectly fine to like complete failures and horrible poo poo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Thats because Miz loving ruined the buyrate.

that's not true at all and is a complete bullshit corporate excuse

r-truth helped ruin it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

you're confusing the big dog for the asskicker, a completely understandable mistake

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

roman reigns is the big dog

not until he beats taker in his own yard

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

mclast posted:

Right after the Shield broke up, I watched every RAW and SD from the beginning of 2012 to the present. It took me a year and a half.

Godspeed and good luck.

you're retarded but i hope you now know why cm punk is the best in the world

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

mclast posted:

I never watched wrestling till like a week before WM30, I had to know why the SHIELD was so good. And yeah, I'm definitely retarded cause I'm gonna get a Punk/Bryan stylized tattoo for New Years. Don't judge me.

you're actually very cool, let's be friends

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

warrior was taking steroids long before he met charles wright

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

A billion CDN is like 80 bucks USD.

earlier today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seams posted:

sorry, what i meant to say is up to the point i'm up to. in the middle of 1999 is HHH is basically still just a mid to upper card guy in a stable, which is what he's been since the attitude era began.

Get ready for 2000, the best year of booking ever and Triple H might have been the best wrestler in the world at the time.