Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Best part about moving offices is buying new toys:

HP m476dw Color laser, fax, copy, scan. I've also spent more than I expected on office supplies, but I won't bore you with pictures of paper clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Destiny because what else am I going to be playing? The limited edition because I am a consumer whore.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I bought a classic:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I don't understand the thing I'm looking at here.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Dumb shirt to wear around the house (and play robot dressup) Profits are going to Nepal, so its not a complete waste.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

And a red type cover, and office, and a case. Its technically for work, so at least its a tax write off.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

couldcareless posted:

Been having this on my wishlist for awhile to add to the collection. Dropped to $5 on amazon with prime shipping, so I couldn't say no

Where first got a bluray player I bought this just to show it off. So pretty.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

travisray2004 posted:

Wasn't 4 Loko banned for being too strong? Don't recall the specifics but that poo poo tasted like turpentine.

They had to remove the caffeine and stop marketing it as an alcoholic energy drink. Which was the only reason anyone cared about 4Loko.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Best Buy finally unfucked their rewards points so I cashed some in and pre-ordered this:

https://i.imgur.com/SnVD5LN.jpg

for half off.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

A book!
https://i.imgur.com/hA46PYE.jpg
This is apparently a "fictional" story about the coke trade in a town near where I live.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Where at Walmart are the Ozark cooler things? Can't find em in my local store but it'd help if I knew where to look.

Sporting Goods I believe. But the last time I saw the tumblers they had them on an end cap up front.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

fyallm posted:

Yeah, I got the one's in March of next year or something... It makes me sad I have to wait that long

I want one, but I kinda don't want to pay $20 for one.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

betterinsodapop posted:

I remember liquor laws in Louisiana being VERY lax.

I had a roommate from Louisiana describe how drive throughs would get around open container laws by leaving the paper on top of the straw in the daquiri.

I also bought some computer parts, and will be buying more tomorrow.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

Can Hue bulbs shut my goddamn neighbors up so I can sleep?

If you throw them hard enough.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

spog posted:

Can you use old macs for anything?

I've always thought that the G5 Powermac's metal case looked really cool - but can it still do useful things if I bought one on a whim?

I have an old blue and white G3 tower that I'd like to stuff a mATX motherboard in at some point. I genuinely love that era of apple's design and the fold down case was awesome for working in.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I bought a taco truck:

and some screwdrivers

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

yes, I got 'em from amazon since I had some credit left over and the price was a wash with their site after shipping (prime 2 day helped too). been wanting them for a while, don't specifically need anything in it, but figure it will come in handy.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Trabant posted:

Given how much of a non-impact they've had to the bottom lines of the big vendors, I seriously doubt there will be a few more generations.

As long as apple keeps trying, there will be android watches

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Does that have the same kind of effect on game loading times as it does on everything on a pc? I assume disc based games would still be slow, but I really don't know how much data gets transferred to the drive when you play a game.

Unless he has a PS4 pro it won't make as much of a difference as you'd expect. The Normal (and launch) PS4 hard drive runs on SATA 2, while the Pro is on SATA 3. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-is-it-worth-upgrading-your-ps4-with-an-ssd

That said, all games install completely to the HD now; a disc version just saves you the download and is used as a license check.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

You were at Costco and bought just one hotdog? :crossarms:

I'm more impressed that they sell Toyotas now.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Because it was $7 and I was ordering some other stuff from Amazon.

Mainly a UFO:

and railroad tunnels:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

They stopped free upgrades almost a year ago.

yeah, but you can still put one in and it works.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Shanghaied posted:

I was about to say, hasn't difficulty gone up so much that only ASIC farms in China are making a profit? I haven't really looked at it for a while, but has price gone up/difficulty gone down so much that it's profitable to mine with GPU again? Also wasn't AMD GPUs better suited to mining when GPU mining was still a thing?

There's a new bubble mining something similar but distinct from bitcoins. Prices are high enough and nVidia's lead big enough that their lesser efficiencies are overcome by overall speed.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Ultimate Mango posted:

Care to explain for us who don't get it?

James Jones and his followers pre-Jonestown https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

So are they just not going to make are more of the NES classics? I would love one of those but have no nostalgia for SNES and am too lazy to gently caress with an emulator.

They've said they're going to, but haven't said anything beyond "hey this is coming".

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

colas posted:

Are these Alexa/Google talkie whatever devices worth getting and why are they worth getting?

They're neat. Being able to yell in a room "Hey google, question?" and have a voice answer you most of the time is pretty neat. I had thanksgiving with the family last weekend and could just yell Hey google, play Christmas music, and it would.

How worth it is to you is going to depend on the novelty of being able to do that and how much you're willing to invest in the rest of the home control infrastructure.

That said, I just bought a smart plug so I can command it to turn the Christmas tree on/off.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Not my photo, but I bought a new monitor

Made the trek to Microcenter (its not quite an hour and a half drive away) because they had it for $200 cheaper than anyone else. Its pretty.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Ooo, what did you end up paying for it if I can ask?

$599 plus tax. Its already got me planning a GPU upgrade.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Bought these like its 2002 all over again:

They have bluetooth now at least.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Trabant posted:

I thought that by now everyone had heard of the line at

Why yes, that line is wrapped around the block, and 3+ hours for lunch is not that unusual these days. I love it and live just 1.5 miles away but still haven't gone in more than a year. You should still do it once if you like bbq at all. After that, get 90% of the flavour for 10% of the wait at Micklethwait's.

This has been your Austin bbq derail.

To continue the derail, I know Frankin's is supposed to be amazing, but I have a hard time believing anything would live up to that much hype.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's less than 25 cents a beer! Why didn't you buy a pallet of them?!

Have you ever had Hamm's? There's a reason it's that cheap.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

I don't want to carry it all home on transit, really.

My headset stopped producing sound, so I got a new one that finally ticks all the boxes for me: wireless, good sound quality, comfortable, swappable batteries, switches to speaker output when headset is powered off.

So far so good. Mostly tested with:

The Arctis 7 is a really good headset. Having the passthrough for speakers is really handy and I've never seen it on anything else.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

The problem with TVs is that they last forever. I bought my first ever HDTV in 2007 and it's still working like a champ. Yeah it's plasma and it's heavy but it still looks good IMO and I can't justify buying a new TV.

This is the problem the manufacturers have been trying to combat for a while. First, it was 3D and higher refresh. Now, they're trying to get everyone to transition to 4k.

I bought my tv in 2012 and it's still fine. Athough, for what I paid then, you can get one that's at least 10" bigger on the diagonal and 4k.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Thanks! Doesn't seem like there will be much unexpected PO nonsense. Almost everything that really matters has been replaced or updated already. Had all the proper inspections done and everything is in order. No horse infestations or anything. It's a meager 1/3 acre anyway so it's Shetland ponies for me if anything. Its enough space for my wife and I, our kids and cats. Been trying to talk the wife into getting a Corgi though. That yard is plenty big for a dog with tiny little legs.

The place has all new appliances as well, aside from a fridge. Been looking at one like this..

Anyone have any advice? We'll be getting a chest freezer so that isn't really an issue. I love the idea of a windowed door. Gotta have an Ice/water dispenser too.

That looks real similar to the one my parents bought 18ish months ago. The door in the door is convenient when you get used to it.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

An outdated set of the Indiana Northeastern Reporter. Finally have something to put up in my office.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

T-Square posted:

Man, I got a silver one for Christmas last year but now I want this one :(

Honestly, upgrading from a 5qt to 6qt bowl was well worth it (and the 6qts come in colors now too...)

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Been sitting around quarantined enough. So I got this:

And something to watch while using it. My launch chromecast isn't that great any more

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

tangy yet delightful posted:

How do you watch the tube when it's shoved up your rear end?

asking for a friend

Mirrors and practice.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Magic Underwear posted:

That poo poo looks like something the us army would feed to GIs in Korea in 1950 and 30 years later would be found to cause mesothelioma. I wouldn't trust it at all.

Flavacol is why movie theater popcorn tastes like it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

OniPanda posted:

You sure it was burpless and not Burpee? Burpee is a common seed/plant brand. I'm actually really interested in what specific variety is, cause the leaf/stem structure is very different than the cucumbers I grow (spacemaster pickle bush).

Odds are it said both: https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/cucumbers/burpless-cucumbers/