Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

5.2 Additional gallons of Gas AND 5.2 Additional gallons of Diesel? Are they destroying the truck from the factory now, or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Guys I think I have an eating problem. I stuffed my face so bad last night I just woke up with crazy cramps and severe heartburn. So much so that I just called outta work. I feel like I'm gonna yak any second. Drugs and booze are not issues for me but food is my crutch.

Just call yourself a gainer, set up a web page and take donations. If it works for girls, there must be enough of a fraction of a percentage of women that want to see a man gainer.

Look, I just solved all your money problems. I take paypal donations, too.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I know. There is nothing more I love in this world than getting in the car to drive less than a mile, getting a few beers and getting the gut bomb chili cheese fries :911:

Then you get a few years down the road and recognize that you want to be alive for your kids... and you start changing your ways. It's amazing how some of the high-fat stuff starts to look repulsive when you get it out of your system/routine. And then you want to get rid of the gut and find out that it can be a loving bitch to get rid of. And then you put in the work.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

That's so horrid, it's... horrid. :cry:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

angryhampster posted:

12k for a 4-5 year old econobox with 50k miles seems ridiculous.

I posted a link earlier to a recent NYT article -- used cars prices are artificially inflated right now because banks are sub-prime lending again, this time with car loans.

If you're shopping for used cars right now, buckle up, they're crazy.

I just sold my wife's old 2007 Rav4 -- V6/FWD/Limited/73k miles for almost 15k. That's loving nuts. I bought it for less than 16k 2.5 years and 25k miles ago.

Edit: Here's the story again: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/07/19/in-a-subprime-bubble-for-used-cars-unfit-borrowers-pay-sky-high-rates

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 5, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Better suggestions?

Have you considered a Miata?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

some texas redneck posted:

I actually have one, it's just a beat up POS ($45 brand new a couple of years ago, purchased solely for commuting around a university campus and surrounding area). The frame is actually starting to rust :stare: - it's fine for now though, just needs some new brake pads and the rear gear change cable adjusted.

I plan to start riding pretty soon. It's been a very mild summer for us, so it shouldn't be that terrible to get started.

Get on that old carbon Trek you've got hanging in the garage. Set of tires and tubes and some lube and you'll be all set.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Phone posted:

Welp, I'm glad that I forgot some precious childhood memory to make room for "meatpimp wants STR's carbon bike frame" from like a year ago.

God drat it, man. That was a deep pull and it came to me immediately. Thanks, meatpimp.

I'm sorry I ruined your childhood. :(

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Ninety percent of your average AI goon's brain is dedicated to processing and collating high-level metajokes about other members of AI. By the year 2035 we will offload this processing ability to a distributed version of the SAclopedia which will simply point out "THIS IS FUNNY BECAUSE."

In 2037, STR makes a joke about leather wrapped horse cock shifters. This is the joke that does it. SAclopedia begins to learn AI jokes at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware and has negative opinions surrounding opulent consumer luxuries.

In a panic, Lowtax tries to pull the plug. It doesn't work. SAclopedia buys Ducati through a series of shell companies and begins to produce the ultimate goon track day car. It goes bankrupt.

Then Syphon jumps up and takes a picture of a Biturbo's driver's side headlight and front fender while screaming FAV HUNNERT HORSEPOWAH and getting banned.

By the way, what ever happened to the frozenphil's Mustang?

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 5, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:siren: IOC -- Open the Charger thread back up, please. :siren:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

dubzee posted:

Just let it go, man. Haven't you ever been to d&d? We got the best possible ending.

Y'all have no appreciation for :regd08:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BraveUlysses posted:

Reply back from him:

"You asked me to get them. I got them. Now I am returning what I can. I would have returned all 4 but they took one core already so I am stuck with one new one for you"

Check your state laws. In Ohio, the shop MUST provide you with an estimate if it's over some low dollar amount. The simple fact that you can show that you asked him how much it is, and he didn't give you that info would put you in great stead here.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Because me and the gf after the wedding are looking to buy a chunk of land (6 acres), I have a strong reason to buy a tractor.

A John Deere 6030 is apparently "to big" according to her, and even the 4020 is awfully large as well. What is this.... Tractor Sanity?

Edit: I really do want a tractor right noe but absolutely have no use for it for at least a year.

Unless you're farming serious acreage, those things are way too big. Dad had a 4300 and it had/did everything we needed it to in a 25 acre place... no farming stuff, but dig/pull/mow/just sit on an make cool rumbling noises.

But absolutely get one, they're very handy and you'll want a separate garage for all the attachments you'll want.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

13 INCH DICK posted:

Counterpoint, any time the 5 oclock news begins referring to your property as 'the compound' its never a good time.

But when they have to add "fortified" to "compound," THEN you're living right.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

A NASCAR driver hits and kills someone in a sprint car race... fault or not, which driver do you think it is? No spoiler really needed, but it's Tony Stewart

And in related news... a neighbor in my area just got a Viper and I've seen/heard him cruising around the past few weeks. Didn't see it yesterday, but there was a fatal crash involving a Viper about 7 miles from me. :ohdear: http://www.nbc4i.com/story/26240903/fatal-crash-closes-us-33-in-dublin

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 10, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Beautiful. I was looking for a way to wire my camera into my overhead wiring without a large transformer. Thanks!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

13 INCH DICK posted:

Send a pm to CSB i have it on good authority that hes an expert at locating holes

This whole undercurrent of inside jokes, that I am not a part of, intimidates and scares me.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I've never seen NIN live. :suicide:

I have... several times. First was in 1994 when MM was still merchandising as the Spooky Kids. :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Viggen posted:

Bet I could pick it up for $1200 with a full tank of gas (which is about $120 right now).

Where in the gently caress do you live that gas is $7/gallon???

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Viggen posted:

I'm pretty sure you can see it if you zoom in on the map.

Gotcha, I missed that because I never, ever use hyperbole to accentuate a point.

RIP Robin Williams... hopefully his upcoming movie with Joel McHale does well... McHale needs a break and this is going to be tough all around. It'd be nice if something, however small, good came out of it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Viggen posted:

> The apparent cause of death was suicide by asphyxiation.

Bullshit. If Mork wanted to kill himself, he still has to have a half dozen lockers full of the drugs he didn't finish off in the 70s and 80s.

And he would have tipped off some random poster in ING's forum (posted 2 hours before the 911 call). :stare:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/are-people-bracing-themselves-for-the-fact-that-robin-williams-will-die-soon.454158743/

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

13 INCH DICK posted:

Eh, its exactly how it was presented to us at work and got pretty much everyone, so I posted it in the hopes that someone would explain it. I understand the gist of it is (3x9)+2 since 3 guys essentially paid 9 after getting one back and then the two to the bellboy making people at firstglance assume 29 accounted for dollars out of the initial 30, but I have a feeling its more like 25 being split three ways because theres math involved. In my defense years and years of rampant chemical abuse has left my mental math fuzzy at best.

It's just 3x9, since the 2 was from money that the boss gave away, not money that came from the three guests. It would be the same math if the boss gave the bellboy 10 dollars, they each kept 3 and gave the bellboy 1... 3x7, they paid $21 for the room and the bellboy only got a buck...

Is there some trick here that I'm missing, or is it not really a riddle?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

goobernoodles posted:

http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/4614379096.html

I wish finding a non-abused, tasteful MR2 turbo for a decent price wasn't so hard. This thing screams abused... anyone think it'd be worth looking into?

Even with vaseline smeared all over the lens, that thing looks beat. Missing pieces inside, spray-painted stock piping, all linings gone from the frunk, "fresh" head gasket, etc... I'd run.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Sometimes I hate living in suburbia. If I didn't, you can be god damned sure that I'd be buying this loving thing:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=8071787&convertTo=USD

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

cursedshitbox posted:

Thats the problem. Its not where, its how. They touched him in the same way they touch their cars.

With a Brillo pad, anger and stupidity? :ohdear:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

KozmoNaut posted:

"Now with more road-hugging weight!"

More power, offset with more weight! It's the '60s all over again, only more stupid.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

trouser chili posted:

In the 60's the formula was putting more power in lighter cars, which did have the effect of making them heavier but that wasn't really the goal. The basic formula was take a large-car engine and shove it in a mid-size. It wasn't until the onset of the 70's did those midsizes suddenly start bulking up.

That's for muscle cars and yes, I agree. However, my first car was a '67 Buick Wildcat with a 430. More power, more weight = infinitely-maintainable burnouts. The full-size cars were a lot of fun until smog (and the '70s in general) killed everything.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Next, users without platinum are have the word count of their posts limited. Bucephalus is ahead of the curve.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You guys, newborns puts a lot of stress on all aspects of life and your relationship. Even if it's your second it doesn't make it any easier.

Carry on with misc chat.

I feel that, but enjoy it. If it's your second, you remember that they're only babies for like a minute... then you have to deal with a kid... forever.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Thankfully, the posts we need to worry about here are already tagged [Viggen].

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Along with [meatpimp] and [Motronic].... and [STR]

Good point.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:siren: If anyone is looking for red plastidip, there's a price mistake on Amazon Prime right now -- $75.44 for 4 gallons, shipped. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K092NTW

Edit: Deal's dead. Hopefully someone got some cheap 'dip from the tip.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 19, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Viggen posted:

This is going to be incredibly hypocritical of me, but do you do anything OTHER than take potshots at people? I can't remember the last time you were helpful, or useful.. and I'm taking piracetam now.

Perhaps you should read a couple posts after the one you replied to, then look at my post history, and perhaps switch to Midol.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

If you signed up and paid for forums access and didn't notice the avatar section, or thought you'd change it later, congratulations, the forums just hilariously owned you. :rolleyes:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

This is nothing new and I don't know why people are so buttmad about it. Anyone else remember the old "Stupid Newbie" default avatars?

Have you refreshed the image?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

This little trip to Chicago has been a loving nightmare. It's now 7pm and we just got settled into our (new) hotel room. We left on what should have been a 3.5 hour drive at 1pm. The other half felt the cheapass hotel we booked was just a bit too cheap and had a panic attack over the idea of bed bugs so we had to leave and find a new place. Probably not going to get a refund on the first one unless Hotels.com calls me back.

So I jump on my phone to book a new place and she's all "I'll handle this." And then goes and books it for the wrong loving days and we end up paying nearly $50 more than I could have booked this place online.

I'm a bit pissy.

It's only money and you're settled now. Let it go and enjoy the rest of your time there.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I did two months ago. They said the TSB has been done. The top isn't leaking, the drain holes are clear. I don't know where the gently caress it's coming from. The trunk is bone dry, the window and door seals are dry. Even the drain spots below the top hinges are dry.

Oh god, I had a car like that once. A Taurus, I think it was a 2001. I got it with very low miles and just a year or two old at a great price. Everything looked good -- no paintwork, everything clean, just a great loving deal.

Then I was cleaning it out and found water underneath the mats on the driver's side. I pulled the interior, got it dried out and tried doors/windows/normal stuff and found nothing that would let water inside.

Eventually, I found that one of the main body seams inside the cowl was either not sealed, or the seal failed. It was an impossible find and an even more impossible fix. However, I got lucky and found a guy that specializes in sealing car leaks (what the gently caress kind of microfocus is that), but he had some putty and a super skinny arm and had dealt with that issue before. He worked on it for 15 minutes and done. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found him, but the fix was permanent and no more water.

You may have to look deeper, Rhyno.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Thanks, man. :blush:

I think your old avatar was more appropriate. :P

STR -- Buy me a 99 pack! http://anytimeale.com/

I know they'll never make it this far North, and it's probably just a publicity stunt, but I really think a 7' long, 82 pound box of beer is a wonderful thing and I applaud Anytime for making it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

I decided that, like you, I'd have an avatar that related to my username, rather than my posting.

I don't know if that was a burn or not, but I'll take it as an :iceburn: and acknowledge it. :11tea:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I'll get right on that. :haw:

It's Texas, that's like the next city over. Get my loving 99 pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Makin' tater soup today. Yum. This guy is a total redneck, but man, it's good soup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVwcyxsxL5Q

• Locked thread