Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I hilariously typed in the wrong billing address for my card, and now trying to update it is starting the entire painful process over again. Never gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yep they are officially sold out. Missed it by minutes with the wrong address. Godddamnit.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Real hurthling! posted:

its a cosmetic change to a console you probably already own so maybe worry more about your health than being a colossal nerd

He prob wanted to flip it for eBay cash to pay the medical bills (they're going for about 800-1200 dollars right now).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

holocaust bloopers posted:

^^^
The developers did a tech-oriented interview with Digital Foundry where they said that during the weather development that the water actually collects. They noticed this when the lakes on the maps began to rise. Evo took this poo poo seriously. Their maps are all built to properly work with the dynamic lighting and weather.

Uh that's just a triggered event. Not actual water collecting in lakes. Unless they are doing real time particle simulations for trillions upon trillions of particles (they aren't).

The actual windshield particles et al are cool though.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

He went from looking like Nathan Fillion to looking like Matt LeBlanc.

Eh I'd say he went from "Drew Struzan Drake" to "Realistic Drake."

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Awesome! posted:

i think i saw a bf deal posted for a 299 ps4 but im not gonna go searching for it

BestBuy will have the Uncharted bundle for $299

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/11/10/best-buy-black-friday-2015-ad-ps4-uncharted-bundle-299-grand-theft-auto-v-ps4-35/

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Nuebot posted:

I was kind of hoping for a new one, I'm weird like that. But I'll definitely check this site out if things don't work out, I found a few with controllers.

Thanks! Hopefully I can get it online, or amazon does a similar deal come black friday.

I'm almost positive Amazon will match it in some form or another. I think a lot of retailers will.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

the truth posted:

If anyone in this thread still cares about FF VII (or owns a Nintendo system), then they might already be aware that today Cloud was just announced as a DLC character in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_MdaIHOtk

This is real.

You misspelled Gamecube. Oof. Those graphics.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I must be an old because that game looks like some boring poo poo.

Uh. Have you ever played Just Cause 2?

edit: Also that video is infinitely quotable

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

El Hefe posted:

so you are basically rear end in a top hat Spiderman in this game?

Yup and that video is like 1/100th of what you can do. It really is the best sandbox game.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It just capitalizes on the human need to youtube cuh-ray-zee exploits in lieu of playing games in the same room as other people. You know, like how we all used to boot up GTA and pass the controller amongst our drunk selves at the age of 19 or 22 or whenever the gently caress it was when physics were new in games?

Just Cause 2 and 3 are basically a lame version of that nostalgia.

good god what is wrong with you people

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't even understand the complaint, why can't 19-year-olds boot up Just Cause 3 and pass the controller amongst their drunk selves because physics still remain cool and are improving

Man I wish we had that poo poo when I was in college.

Now it's "when can I sneak game time in with a baby" and the answer is "HAHAHAH loving NEVER"

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Feenix posted:

Sup soul-brother.

I have a friend who is having a baby in February and he said "Man I haven't played any video games in forever.... I figure I'll probably get one when the baby is born though so I can play it while the wife and I take shifts."

I didn't even have the heart to tell him.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ufarn posted:

Expect to see a bunch of Uncharted 4 MP footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIMwOyJtBOw

Is that "you can see the silhouettes of players behind objects" a common thing now?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I wonder if Just Cause 3's collectibles are actually 100%-able. I spent well over 100 hours in Just Cause 2 on the 360 only to realize you couldn't actually 100% the game due to an unfixable bug. I was at 99.97% or something like that.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'd sit on it for a few days and see if it drops. It normally goes down to around 50 bucks when on sale.

I'm still waiting on my $30 pair from Jet.com - should be delivered tomorrow but goddamn that took over 2 full weeks.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mordiceius posted:

Meh. I'm not too concerned. I'd prefer getting it sooner rather than later. I'd rather not wait for a sale price that may or may not happen over the next week or two.

Yeah not to mention that, according to camelcamelcamel, it only ever hit $50 once and that was on Black Friday:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-4/product/B00HVBPRUO?context=browse

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah I had the verification issues as well but I just hit "resend the email" three or so times and it popped up in a few minutes.

Also I'm an idiot for buying the ps4 on black Friday but waiting until Christmas morning to open it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

sellouts posted:

Yeah you're an idiot for opening a Christmas gift on Chirstmas and expecting it to work

It wasn't a Christmas gift ya dingus.... I bought it for myself and just happened to open it on Christmas morning because it was the first break I had had since I bought it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Playing Fallout 4. I loved 3 and never played New Vegas.

The graphics don't feel that much better than 3 at all and holy loving poo poo for a AAA game you'd think they would hire some decent voice talent instead of whatever regional improv troupe they decided to get. Good lord.

Still fun though so far but it just feels like a 3 expansion way more than a new game.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Love the Gold headphones I got on that blackfriday deal. The sound is freakin' excellent and I often forget that I'm wearing headphones and go "poo poo I gotta turn that down or I'll wake the baby."

However, as a glasses wearer, they hurt my ears and end up giving me headaches after 45 minutes or so of play. It's a shame.

Also the button placement on the sides is a bit strange and hard to get the feel of, but that's a small complaint.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ludicro posted:

I think I'm already leaning towards yes but need that last bit of confirmation. I'm looking at picking up the Star Wars Battlefront PS4 bundle, and the 1TB one is £20 more than the 500GB one. Would people agree that its worth spending the extra £££ and getting double the storage capacity?

If it's only 20 pounds more then I say definitely for for the 1TB upgrade

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
VR just saved a baby's life. That's the only talking point they'll ever need.

Welcome to da future.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/07/health/google-cardboard-baby-saved/index.html

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Obama 2012 posted:

I'm looking at trailers for No Man's Sky, Elite Dangerous: Horizons and EVE Valkyrie, and all I can think is why don't they just do this with Star Wars already!?

I imagine it's probably more strictly adherent to rules (especially for a huge open world) than an unlicensed universe. And navigating those waters is probably a nightmare.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ramagamma posted:

Man I had no idea, my first 360 was an elite, that's hosed up, those component cables are a garish nightmare.

Eh they were fine. At the time HDMI offered a more tidy cabling solution, but for the 360, the quality output of HDMI and component was very similar.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mycot posted:

Are refurbished PS4s basically brand new like Nintendo's refurbished items, or is there likely to be something wrong with them?

If it's certified refurbished then there is no reason there would "likely be something wrong with them." How on earth do you think they could sell them if they were potentially defective?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mycot posted:

I thought I should ask in case I was being naive/spoiled.

No worries, wasn't trying to be a dick (but my post definitely sounded like a dick).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
So important question: Did they officially fire the person(s) from the DS4 team that designed the "start" button as a flush button right next to a giant gently caress off flush clickpad? And the person(s) that approved that design? Good god what a bad choice.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The DS4 is the best-feeling gamepad in its design and if my left stick rubber didn't start flaking and the stick itself start sticking after 2 and a half years, I would have no complaints about it

I like the DS4 and like the touchpad. It's not quite Xbox level of comfort for me, but it's close.

But the options button is so so so close to the touchpad that when I go to press it, I often press the touchpad down too. Very frustrating.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

morallyobjected posted:

I don't understand people who have this problem. the buttons don't feel the same at all, they're far enough apart, so how are you pressing a touchpad instead of a small tactile button next to it?

They're not far apart at all to me. If I'm playing a game where I hit start frequently it happens all the time. Basically when I got to hit it I swing my thumb up from the left and the button is close enough (and my thumb angled down and to the left) that it presses both buttons ALL the time.

I mean it's really only a problem where you are accessing it a lot and try to start doing it faster (aka restarting challenges in Just Cause 3 or something).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The FULL PSVR bundle is announced.

$500 and contains:

PS VR headset
PS VR cables Stereo
Headphones
PlayStation VR Demo Disc
PlayStation Camera
2 PlayStation Move motion controllers
PlayStation VR Worlds (disc)

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/18/11260808/playstation-vr-bundle-preorders

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The one real "Black Friday" purchase I made was going to Best Buy at the end of the day and waffling back and forth between TitanFall 2 and Deus Ex.

I went with Deus Ex... good call? Confirm/Deny?

I used to love multiplayer but just can't do it anymore with my family so I like to get games I can chip away at after hours.

edit: I heard TF2 had a great single player campaign which I want to check out but I loved the last Deus ex... soo..

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I haven't played a Final Fantasy game in a long time (since VII although of course I've watched others being played, etc) so I picked up XV. Serious question: why do the menus STILL look like a PS1 game? That 90s generic blue gradient thing they use is atrocious good lord.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

SettingSun posted:

What would you prefer? I think they look pretty ok.

Any design that matches the rest of the game's design?

I mean it's not a deal breaker (clearly) ... it's just ugly to me. Then again I primarily don't like the PS4 default OS design either.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

There's a trophy for beating UC4 in 6 hours

Uncharted 4 is just stunningly beautiful in some parts. Especially going through some of the cliff-cave sequences. Just insanity.

What are some other games on that level? I have a soft spot for playing beautiful games regardless of how good they are.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I guess that would depend. Do you see beauty in frame-rates/resolutions, or in unique artistic/thematic design?

Well, of course I like all kinds of beauty (Journey is great - I already have it. But so is UC4 - they're just different kinds of beauty). So, in this instance, lemme just narrow it down to more photoreal beauty such as UC4.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

In the UC4 technical vein you should play The Last of Us for its facial tech, and The Witcher 3 for its mix of everything.

In the unique art vein you should most definitely play Bloodborne and The Last Guardian. Also Inside, Transistor, SOMA, and probably The Witness.

Perfect thanks! I have LoU Remastered but haven't played it yet. I heard great things about The Witcher too.

Inside is on my list (loved Limbo) as well as Transistor and The Witness. Haven't heard of SOMA. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Wandle Cax posted:

Who cares about video game endings. It's about the journey not the destination

I too am a fan of stories that have unsatisfactory endings

• Locked thread