Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChaosArgate posted:

Throw in Trauma Team as well, that's a fantastic Trauma Center game.

Also you should go play those ASAP, they're dirt cheap at gamestop. :colbert:

If you play only one of the Trauma Center games, it should be Trauma Team if only for the novelty of seeing Atlus USA hire on a voiceactor you'd normally expect to be way out of their league. :v:

and it also has more variety than SURGERY SURGERY SURGERY all the time, but pfft seriously what is Nolan North doing here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ultigonio posted:

:mad:

Here's a quick look at what the Recommended Wii Games will look like:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=20252

Feel free to let me know if you see something that makes you want to, like, blow homeless shelters up or set fire to daycares or something.

Instead of using covers, why not take a cue from the Vita thread OP and separate them into text lists by genre? It'd help people find what they might be interested in much more quickly.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Taint Reaper posted:

yeah but Trauma Team has an entire 1/4th of the game dedicated to butt stuff. So getting the series on the Wii by any means was worth it.

It's even mentioned multiple times that the girl even comes from a long line of proud butt doctors. So Trauma Team is the best out of the three.

No, I'm pretty sure they're just ninjas.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

gay skull posted:

I'm pretty sure game series can jump from console to console without porting over one of the previous games.

I mean they could have at least called it "Trauma Center: Under the Knife: Wii Edition" or something, but gently caress me for thinking "Second Opinion" doesn't mean "Same loving game but with weird Wii controls"

Well, yeah, but then people wouldn't realize there was a whole new character added in who's playable in a later game.

Also Wii controls rule.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VelociBacon posted:

2 token 'hot chicks' ugh.

I mean one of them used the word "headcanon", so...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

JordanKai posted:

So, here's a little developer interview with Platinum Games about the development of Bayonetta 2 for Wii U:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ggn-vhUxrw

What's interesting about this video is what the producer says at the end of the video. He says that there's something he can't reveal yet that we should be excited for.

Could it be that Nintendo hired Platinum Games to make a third game for them? :flashfap:

quote:

Initially we were a little concerned about having to adjust the game to Nintendo users, but Nintendo actually came back and really gave us free reign.

So in terms of Bowser summoning, we said, "Is it okay if Bowser's going to be killing angels?"

And they said it's no problem at all.

:allears:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

spudsbuckley posted:

Well, you press a couple of buttons lots and your guy/gal hits things until they die in all of their games. This goes on for 5 or 6 hours and is supposedly a good thing.

You press a few buttons on a keyboard lots and you share your opinion with the internet until your body rots away. This has gone on for at least six years and supposedly continues to be worth doing.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, as I said, I've played the original, I just haven't played it in a long time and have been wanting to replay it and playing the sequel first might make me less likely to ever do that. Plus the costumes should be fun.

And I definitely am not replaying it for the story seeing as I thought the story in the original was horrid.

By the way, while the game runs better than the PS3 version, somehow it apparently still runs worse than the 360 version.

That's not actually true.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's a gimmick for the sake of a gimmick. And I don't want to move my body when I play games, I'll go outside if I want that. To me a game is like reading a novel, I want to relax and move as little as possible while doing it. The only reason I am considering a WiiU is because they ditched that particular gimmick and replaced it with one I care about somewhat less.

Are we talking about the Wiimote, Playstation Move, or Xbox Kinect.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

noirstronaut posted:

Annoying rear end in a top hat for not liking Bayonetta and saying so.

I mean dude, it's like the difference between saying "noirstronaut is a lovely loving poster lol" and "Noirstronaut sometimes makes seemingly unprovoked incendiary posts that incite responses in kind." They're basically the same sentiment but one implies basic respect and discourse while the other is not too useful unless you want to rile everyone up for fun.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

irlZaphod posted:

There's still the ones where you have to mash the button after killing a boss, or when doing torture attacks.

You don't get an instant game over if you don't press the button in two seconds though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

absolutely anything posted:

hey you. yeah you motherfucker. i don't care how great you think game of thrones is. you loving downloaded it off the internet you piece of poo poo

You should get hosed if you aren't American, imo.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoctaFun posted:

I haven't seen any real deals on the Wii U for black friday, the best I've seen is Target is doing 10% off gift cards on Black Friday(up to $300), so you could buy a $300 gift card and use it towards a Wii U.

Best Buy is doing a $360 bundle for a 32 GB with Nintendoland, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and Smash Bros.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I remember just cheesing all the boss fights I had trouble with in Bayo 1 with yellow lollipops because I was very bad.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ultigonio posted:

A graceful endeavor that takes about 4 times longer than it should, thus feeling like careful brush strokes. You can tell they learned a lot about what did and did not work when they revisited the general concept. For example, "don't make everything a circle."

The Wii controls actually can be pretty quick once you get used to some of the more finicky brush techniques. Flicking the wrist for a line or circle can take like a second.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

zfleeman posted:

Alright. I've seen enough descriptors that I don't like describing TW101, that I can just pass and watch an LP or something. Any good ones out there?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3645180

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cloks posted:

I can't buy Wonderful 101 because I don't have twelve GB free on my Wii U. Is there any way to get around this?

You can buy a download code online.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Argue posted:

I read the article and I don't understand what it means for their profit to triple. Given their performance last year, wouldn't... wouldn't that mean they're going to be losing thrice as much?

They probably just mixed up income with profit. I can't say I expect much from an article that cites VGChartz for some of its numbers.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

PirateDentist posted:

I just want a new Harvest Moon for the Wii U. So I can obsess over crop rotations and animal husbandry in glorious HD. Come on Natume!

Maybe they were just following the Nihon-shiki romanization system for that one. :shobon:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Legdiian posted:

This is the angriest thread about a children's gaming system I have ever been in.

I wouldn't want to go into the Xbox One threads either.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Austrian mook posted:

I'm sure I'm just being dumb, but where can I just check my rankings for every level in Bayonetta 2? I wanna try out all the different characters but I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to access post game stuff so I just figure I'll try to plat every level on normal for a while.

If you select any chapter, there should be an option called Play History.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

Apparently new rhythm heaven for 3DS announced on the JP Direct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sizap1jvoI8&t=44m8s

New minigames and minigames from all previous titles.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

noirstronaut posted:

One of you should make a Bayonetta thread since this thread is reserved for cute and rape isn't cute. Rape jokes aren't cute either. Hell, none of Bayonetta is cute.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

noirstronaut posted:

I don't know what suburb of Kansas I have to grow up in to think anything about Bayonetta is cute. It's basically a game using some goth kid's sketchpad.

What is with this needless antagonism against Kansas.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

homeless snail posted:

That doesn't matter, the only reason people say to play W101 before Bayo 2 is because there are references.

There are MGR references in both 101 and Bayo 2 though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kaubocks posted:

correction: there is nothing on the wii that interests me that I didn't already experience on the wiis all my friends owned

Pretty hosed up that a self-professed rhythm game fan doesn't care enough to own Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lblitzer posted:

TBH I started laughing at the title screen when whatever character meowed. It's a fun game but lol at a meow coming from a person

Have you ever played Metal Gear Solid 3

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

You sure about that

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I's apologies.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

njsykora posted:

So it's apparently the pre-E3 (prE3?) leak/fake season. A brochure at a job fair has apparently let slip that Intelligent Systems are working on a Wii U Paper Mario game. Though the only mention of Paper Mario I can see on there is under 3DS.

The Fire Emblem under the 3DS list is just Awakening's name.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

RyokoTK posted:

I don't care. FF7 was my most-played PS1 game by a good margin -- I was mostly an N64 kid, so the only games I really played on the PS1 besides that were the Doom port and Assault Rigs. It'll be worth my :60bux:

e: Also I haven't played any of the FF7 spinoffs or any FF game since 10.

Curtain Call is fun, man.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Persona series never had the SMT prefix in Japan, and they started dropping it in the West with the first Arena game. The Devil Survivor 2 port came out this year and still carried the prefix.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 3, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate the P4 spinoffs except the ones I like.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

epitasis posted:

I only know like three animes and two resu promotions and one vocaloid so idk about squid girl sorry

hosed up.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
#FE us gonna own for finally allowing me the chance to experience texting with friends.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
My biggest wish for the #FE localization is that they change it from sharp FE to FE sharp, because it really bugs me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Excels posted:

i dont want this avatar. it was given to me almost a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I dunno Blow:

I really thought that they've toned down the amount the amount of hand-holding in recent years since like, around the end of 2011 or so. Pretty much everything post Skyward Sword I'd reckon.

I mean you see the result data from your own Mario Maker levels and you can see just how many people don't keep persevering through something tough.

Man, the writer must hate this guy.

• Locked thread