Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wish I could change the controls in smash but I'm poo poo anyway

I was sure we wouldn't get the demo for a month but woke up to email from nintendo lol

Also gtav release date yesssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Miley Virus posted:

idk what happened over the last 2 years but sleeping dogs is great fun and pretty much just gta

Sleeping dogs is fun but I don't think it has the same general loving around potential as gtav

It's too bad the actual missions in gta are getting even more linear if anything

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So is destiny another failed mmo or what?

Next gen gaming looking good

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

destiny is pretty great so far

im not one of the many in games who are level 20+ which requires like loving 20+ hours to get and bored of the game already, declaring it poo poo

reminds me of the thin glasses wearing fuckos in mmos who rush to get to the end game then complain there is nothing left to do

my babby warlock is only lvl 10, suits my needs

Just lol if you find the games forum too critical

Fabricated posted:

finished the second strike in Destiny

-fend off x waves of enemies
-big stupid HP sponge boss with instagib laser beam and shittons of adds

so basically all of these are going to be exactly the same

Just buy all the dlc and then the sequel and it will be good I'm sure

I'm glad we are getting all of these new ips so that we can be excited about the sequels

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Reminder that there used to be annual mmo recruitment threads in games

SynthOrange posted:

is arghage bad?

It's an mmo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i'm really glad, since the ds3 was a huge pile of poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

i dont get why I needed to kill leoric (and listen to his dumb CORRUPTION backstory) when he got his asse boned twenty years ago; dota was forced to namechange baller king for this? there is Butcher on some ads, will i need to listen how he fell from grace of being the best baker in the kingdom?

Lol the butcher is played for laughs (mostly intentionally)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think there bonus was supposed to kick in at 85 and they got 84.

And Bethesda (who would have to pay up) did the bug testing lol

To be fair I thought a 90 for destiny would be guaranteed no matter what

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Beast of Bourbon posted:

drank all day and played density, went from lvl 6 to lvl 18.

same game all the way through, you just go from black caves with purple highlights to brown caves with green highlights and sometimes the bad guys are robots and sometimes they're weird reptile people.

i made it to mars where the bad guys are all the brutes from halo. the jackals/sangheli/kig-yar/unggoy from halo are all the fallen and the halo sentinel/robot guys are "the vex."

like straight up ripped off they own drat game.

the "strikes" are sort of like dungeons from WoW or something, you get matched with 2 other peeps and go down through caves to a midpoint where you have to defend peter dinklage against like a billion waves of lovely enemies, and then once you do that you can continue on past a few more enemies to the final boss guy who literally has more hitpoints than the entire rest of the dungeon several times over.

seriously you just have 3 guys unloading on the dude, reloading and then doing it again until they're all out of ammo, and then they spawn more basic enemies who you melee to death and then get more ammo and keep shooting the main bad guy (who is leashed to a tiny area and you basically just play peekaboo to kill him). this has been the exact same plan for all 4 strikes I've done so far.

Don't play mmos

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lol that the borderlands presequel has a season pass, can't wait til the saints row expansion thing announces one as well

Gross

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Miley Virus posted:

huh the new 3ds is coming out in australia / nz this year but not europe / america

that's fuckin' weird

Cool

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

speaking of dont the aussie 3dses use the pal region??

Pretty sure yes

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

cool
gonna import it if i manage to find my games before 2015

Don't know about how the eshop will work though, if anyone even cares

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Playing shadow of mordor, it's good

I think knuc recommended it in this thread so thanks

That alien game looks bad though

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Katana Gomai posted:

noted wrong-be'er michael pachter claims the xbone has outsold the ps4 325k:250k in september, which i am only quoting because the real numbers aren't out until thursday and i wonder if i can bet against him somewhere

Hope he's right

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Every civ game I've played has had broken ai and broken multiplayer so it's hard to see the appeal

Wish gta was coming out for pc this month, I bet Sony don't have their lovely os bugs fixed in time

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

is anybody else having trouble signing in to psn?

Psn and Xbox live are down every other day

Because unlike pcs consoles just work

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

pokemon status: still fantastic

wish they would give me fly though :(

you dont need to bother with fly after a while anyway, The alternative is good enough I still havent bothered

I already caught them all in xy but Im not gonna cheat and transfer them all (until it gets too annoying)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What happened to all that civ be hype?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

does dragon age 3 ever stop being a bad single player mmo with 2 fetch quests that are repeated endlessly?

FIND THE SHARDS
GET THE SHARDS
GET THE MEMORIES
CLOSE THE RIFTS
WHO loving CARES

i'm 19 hours in and this is all i've done :mad:

it's very pretty though

You don't have to do that too much but there are only a handful of story quests.

The Dragon Age thread says to avoid the hinterlands but you need to get power from somewhere, just do enough to unlock whatever area you have to get to.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

yeah, i didn't realize i didn't have to do the endless fetch quests for tokens of token. i found a dragon in the hinterlands and was having a great time fighting it and then it brought out its little dragon babies and :supaburn:

e; i don't use varric because crossbows are dumb & bad. shame

There used to be people saying that some of the fetch quests lead to actual plot stuff if you do them but I haven't seen one yet.

I don't use varric because he has an annoying personality.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Probably forgot the Vita existed like everyone else

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

Last time I played there wasn't much of a market for mats or even crafted goods because too many people consider their time worthless and just dump crap on the auction house for a pittance.

If you are playing an mmo your time is worthless.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Good sensible advice for any next gen console.

Good luck if you buy a pack with game download codes though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hubris.height posted:

open the gift so that it can't be exchanged lol

lol What kind of idiot opens a console before christmas

*xbox live and psn down christmas day, can't update new console*

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Turns out Xbox One owners are the real heroes

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's cool that the lego Batman games keep using the Burton soundtrack, bet they haven't fix every lego game crashing occasionaly tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So has dota reached the point where there are a group of nomads playing every dota rip off for a month then coming back to the original to feed their addiction yet?

• Locked thread