Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Fox has forever tried to sell that a politician is good when they are a business man, an outsider, not afraid to 'speak the truth,' and tough on his critics. In reality, they just want whoever the Kochs or whoever is paying the bills wants. Trump is literally their perfect 'politician,' independent of the Koch brothers payroll.

It's like watching their bullshit narrative blow up in their face and its just magical to watch.
Fox's main problem with Trump is that he doesn't dogwhistle his opinions. It's more of a megaphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

A decision on Biden's candidacy (one way or another) will be coming in the next couple of weeks.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-joe-biden-presidency-20150809-story.html

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

Good, I don't wish ill upon that many people but Erick is human garbage, even Trump is an upstanding gentleman in comparison. I can't think of many other people more deserving of this sort of treatment.
Basically this, the guy is just as misogynistic as Trump anyway.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

MrBims posted:

The most electable candidate is the one currently in crisis mode over a legal investigation
I too agree that Rick Perry is the most electable candidate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Warren being offered VP would feel like an attempt by the Dem leaders/DLC to placate their big donors by getting her out of the Senate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm glad someone is saying it, even if it's blindingly obvious.

You also can't go negative on Trump. It's impossible.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Brannock posted:

Hot off the presses, the Donald turns his eyes onto the coming sandstorm:

Ohhhh he's done it, now he's going to truly FEEL THE BERN

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Deep Hurting posted:

"As always, 'Cheating Death' is brought to you by Prescott Pharmaceuticals. Prescott Pharmaceuticals: Yeah, we worked with the Nazis, but only for the money."

"That's why Prescott Pharmaceuticals is proud to introduce the latest breakthrough in campaign performance-enhancing drugs: VacsaJeb! Side effects of VacsaJeb! include chronic Iraq pain, lingering Schaivo, and Trumpitis."
It's really a National tragedy that we didn't have Jon Stewart to comment on the last debate, or Stephen Colbert to talk in character about the Rise of Trump.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Biden Warren could potentially take voters away from both Bernie and Hillary.
I would be surprised if Warren got in at all. I also don't want her as VP. She's way more useful in the Senate in a leadership position.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

If Biden gets in the race, are we assuming Hillary drops out?

It seems to me that a three way race with two establishment democrats on the conservative side would be a dream scenario for Bernie.
Why would she drop out?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

railroad terror posted:

Imagine that, the general public doesn't give as much of a poo poo about Emailghazi as the Beltway insiders
No kidding. It's almost like a scandal where nobody really knows if laws were even broken isn't going to stick.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

It's been "a thing" among autograph hounds to get signatures on baseballs for the last decade or so. I suspect some of the appeal is the quirkiness of it, but there's also the notion that the signature more likely to be a genuine signature obtained face-to-face (rather than autopenned or through the mail) and will therefore command a better price on the resale market.
Getting presidential candidates on baseballs is a thing going back way more than 10 years.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

DNC officials have flipped the switch from "anonymous grousing" to "open revolt" against Debbie Wasserman-Schulz's leadership at the DNC and handling of the primary.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2015/09/11/top-mass-democrat-compares-dnc-dictatorship/fbfonfjnDLQzhh3G2TdJvJ/story.html
Where have these people been the last few years? She suffered no consequences for the awful coordination during the midterms. There was no coherent message on a national scale for why people should go to the polls and vote for Dems even when they had a pretty decent list of accomplishments to tout.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm just saying, usually when a party loses Congress the head of that party tends to lose their job. We really don't want her as chair during the general, especially.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's probably the same phenomenon that shows in polls that 20ish % of people think Obama was President when the market crashed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I told you all Walker wasn't going anywhere, but nobody listened

Really happy that this loser isn't running anymore, regardless.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Based on those polls, I have a feeling you will soon see the GOP Establishment/Big Money beginning to line up behind Rubio.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Who are those two men on the right supposed to be

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Hillary just came out against TPP which is a bit of a surprise

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Montasque posted:

I'm ready.
How would you even make a parody of this thing, it's satire-proof

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Brannock posted:

Adding Trump, Fiorina, Carson together, a solid 55% of the Republican base is in support of people who have never ever held political office
The conservative plan to destroy government must be working then, since they no longer want to elect anyone who actually knows how to run an office.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2015/10/19/anthony-mackie-endorses-donald-trump-he-worked-his-way-up-from-nothing.html

"He worked his way up from nothing."

This has to be a troll. Mackie can't be this stupid, right?
I hope so, because most of the stories I've read make Mackie seem like a cool dude. Look up the story of him deciding to secretly autograph posters of himself as the Falcon at Michael's.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Just a reminder that Carson is going up in polling despite not actively campaigning in favor of a book tour. GOP2016.txt

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The X-man cometh posted:

"The twins' blood was drained, their hearts stopped, and functionality of their brains limited."

Non-functional hearts and brains - The GOP Base!
:downsrim:
Also, 'Literal children: the GOP base'

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Three Olives posted:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-10-23/jeb-bush-orders-across-the-board-pay-cuts-for-struggling-campaign

Tl:dr

Jeb! is officially toast and unwilling to admit it. Across the board pay cuts, major staff cuts, cutting back on fundraising, "focus on early states", i.e. what every candidate says when they start winding down their campaign.

:lol:
Yeah he's done...just shows how irrelevant money is in a campaign if people just don't like you

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

:allears:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I need to frame this, it's glorious

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Thump! posted:

Geez, what he hell is wrong with you Clinton? You don't even have a twitter, how the hell can you be considered a serious candidate? :rolleyes:
She's been on Twitter since 2013.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Montasque posted:

I just want to remind everyone that the only person with worse negatives than Donald Trump is Jeb Bush, and the only one with higher favorable than Marco Rubio is Ben Carson.
Up is down, black is white

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Do It Once Right posted:

I both love and hate my stupid silly country.

http://www.fec.gov/press/resources/2016presidential_form2nm.shtml

click the link, read the truth. A$$, DAT PHAT.

A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.

World Star.
Fidel Castro/AYYY LMAO for Communist Party Ticket

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

To me it's pretty obvious that he's not running because he really wanted to. Either that, or he assumed that the nomination was his and he could just sit back and do nothing while still getting it. Regardless, he looks miserable and I'm sure after that performance the donors are going to jump ship.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

One of Jeb!'s biggest donors, Paul Singer, is bailing on him to go with Rubio. I figure this will start the floodgates.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/u...v=top-news&_r=0

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rand is doing a pretty job trying to be more pathetic than Jeb!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Montasque posted:

I found Hillery's angle on Rubio:

I completely missed that happening at the time, and I'm glad I did.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

One of the demands should be to take that picture of Gil from the Simpsons and tape it to a podium since Jon Gilmore still hasn't qualified for a debate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SnakePlissken posted:

And what do you get when you click the link in that picture?
Spyware would be my guess

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

sharkbomb posted:

When does Rubio get involved in this election? Is he hoping to emerge from his cocoon a couple weeks before voting begins as the acceptable GOP butterfly?
His entire strategy so far has been avoiding any conflict and laying low while the others attack each other.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wait, how did I miss someone wading into the Terri Schiavo thing? And it's not Jeb!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: as President, George W. Bush kept us safe?
Agree that George W. Bush kept us safe........ 79%
Disagree that George W. Bush kept us safe...13%

lol
God drat America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

By Monday he will claim that a 'list' was a word made up by the Lamestream Media and bam, he's fully weaseled his way out of the whole thing.

• Locked thread