Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
NNID: XadmiralMundane

I hope you're all ready to fight a disturbing amount of Mega Mans and Sonics :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I noticed there was a big post about some unlockable characters/music/stages, but none of the music was from Wonderful 101! Anyone have any of them so far?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Rhycool posted:

In all reality, the first thing I should've done is draw a mandatory dick stage.

Sadly, I had a guest with me that doesn't enjoy the finer things (dicks).

Literally the first thing one of my friends did in the stage builder. Except there are TWO dicks, with cannons on the tips that will very probably kill you if you fall into them.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

ultrachrist posted:

Is shoot lemons the peashooter? I haven't had much luck with that. I've definitely started gravitating towards slide. I'm gonna try the c-stick as tilts tonight because I'm not as consistent as I'd like.

Yeah, and definitely try the up tilt more, it hits really hard if you get someone with the start of it. It's kinda like Luigi's up-b but you have to be on the ground to do it. Also up throw into air shooter can be fun. Don't shy away from throws if someone is in your face.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Oxxidation posted:

Sonic's problem has always been that he's got so few attacks with any actual heft behind them and you can't just annoy people to death in Smash matches unless you're playing stock. It doesn't help that few stages are the right shape to take advantage of his speed.

That's what his problem was in Brawl, but now his up-smash and back air are awesome reliable ways to kill people. Forward and down smash too, but not as early. I played a shitload of Sonic in Brawl despite him being pretty bad, but I'd say he's fairly usable in Smash 4.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Cicadas! posted:

Oh, absolutely. Special Orders are the easily my favorite new mode, when they're not doing everything in their power to gently caress you over. Which is all the time.

For example, I had a great Crazy Orders run going the other night, 3 CDs and a ton of other crap, and I felt like cashing in. So I go to fight Crazy Hand and everything's going normally until he uses the space-goatse attack and one of his cronies kicks me in. Unfortunately, instead of spitting me back out, the hole closed and my nametag was stuck floating in the middle of the screen, forever. Nothing could hit me, and no amount of button mashing did anything. There's no timer during the CH fight either, so I couldn't even time out to salvage some prizes. All I could do was quit back to the character select screen and flush aaallllll of those prizes down the cosmic shitter. I can handle a hammer spawning right in front of a CPU or the game dropping a bob-omb in front of you, but this was new. Fucker broke the game in just the right way to piss in my eye, that's dedication.

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just incredibly unlucky?

Nope! That happened to me, too! I had a particularly good run going as Samus, had at least 10 orders done, and then I got nothing out of it because I had to exit the match due to being stuck in space forever. Dunno what caused it, either.

EDIT: ^^^ You are a mad man.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Keiya posted:

So I don't have this game yet, does it have at least one or two songs from the Sonic R soundtrack? If there's none of those on top of no YOU'RE TOO SLOW then they really must hate Sonic...

Honestly, the less Jason Griffith the better. Couldn't stand his voice acting for Sonic.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Probad posted:

All of these Sonic effort posts are disgusting. I hope I never run into someone who knows how to play him.

You're too slow.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

jivjov posted:

EDIT: Also, what's with the implication that it's somehow wrong to be okay with Nintendo's design decisions?

Some people really like to complain about videogames, I dunno. :shrug:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Balcony posted:

Am I the only one who spends a stupidly inordinate amount of play time in "My Music" fine-tuning the likelihood of songs being played?

Apart from making the final boss music from W101 be basically the only thing playing in the Mario Galaxy stage and the 1st stage music being played exclusively in the pilotwings stage, yeah I gently caress around with the likelihood of songs being played, since I don't normally exclude any songs.

Especially for the Sonic stage because I have always had Escape From the City with the highest priority, but the first ten times or so I played on that stage, it kept playing Open Your Heart/His World/Sonic Heroes/any of the other good songs that weren't at the highest priority so I was :psyduck: as hell.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

liquidypoo posted:

No worries.

Quick side question for the whole thread: how exactly does the voice chat work? Does it only broadcast to people who have it turned on? I get the distinct impression that I'm just talking to myself between rounds

No, it broadcasts to everyone who's connected, regardless of whether or not they have voice chat turned on.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

pulp rag posted:

Okay, I thought that was just me for the longest loving time. Good to know my hands aren't going to poo poo.

I thought something like this was happening to me (as Sonic though), until I realized the control stick on my wavebird apparently now has a pretty big deadzone in the top part of the control stick, meaning it's way less responsive to hitting up unless you smash it all the way up more or less. :( RIP my 10-something year old technology. My other three gamecube controllers (plus the new Smash one) still work fine though. Well, apart from the Pelican one where the Z button gets stuck sometimes...

So uh maybe check your controllers?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Stallion Cabana posted:

Do Training Final Smashes not count as the Final Smashes for the 'view every character's Final Smash'?

I thought I did all of them but apparently not?

Yeah, I just got that challenge by going through everybody in practice mode. Maybe you have to let the final smash wear out? Like if you get a landmaster and die, it doesn't count...maybe?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I hope they let customs through, because then Mega Man will have a useful side-B and down-B. Metal Blade and Rush Coil are fine, but I'm pretty sure something like Hyper Bomb, Tornado Hold, Danger Wrap, and Skull Barrier would make Mega Mans more fun to watch, since they might actually be using their specials apart from throwing metal blades everywhere. Danger Wrap is a pretty good KO move, too.

Unsurprisingly I don't think I've seen anyone use Crash Bombs or Leaf Shield in a tournament, at least not very much.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

I do agree that Rayman would be cool and good, but I'm French so maybe I'm biased :france:

Nah, I agree and am not French at all! I've liked Rayman since the first game, minus every game involving Rabbids.

gently caress Rabbids. I remember reading Nintendo Powers about the first rabbids game and it started as "a new Rayman game for Wii!" which then turned into "Now there are rabbids!" and "it's definitely NOT a minigame collection!"

Rayman 1, 2, and 3 are all fun games and Origins and Legends are fantastic. I welcome his maybe-inclusion in Smash. :colbert:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

.TakaM posted:

I was just smashing with my buddy and he managed to somehow reverse Fox's up+B upon firing into the stage, kinda like pikachu's quick attack. So I went into training mode and figured out how he did it:
You have to angle an aerial up+B down to the stage at the shallowest possible angle so they don't crash and bounce, (it can be easier on stages with slight slopes) and just before firing off in the direction held you hold back in the opposite direction- this will reverse their momentum at the point they would normally skim the stage and continue at a straightened angle.

Falco can do it too of course.

Does anyone know if there's a compiled list of known exploits like this for smash 4?

Not really an exploit, but recently I was playing with a friend, me as Pit and him as Pikachu. I didn't know that Pit's side-B reflects projectiles (or sorta punches them away?), but anyways I upperdash arm'd into his Thunder, and after punching the thunder, it kept going down and damaged and almost killed him. Dunno if that works with Dark Pit, too, but holy poo poo it was hilarious.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah that's intended, it's worked that way since the early games I'm pretty sure. Thunder is a projectile and when you reflect it it'll hit pikachu.

I know that Pikachu's thunder counts as a projectile since Villager can (hilariously) pocket it, but I thought if it got reflected it would change direction, like most projectiles. Instead, it just keeps going down like nothing's wrong and then hurts Pikachu.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dieting Hippo posted:

wonderful 101. yeah, all of them, hear me out:

- each attack is one of the 7 different wonderful one's unite morphs. fist, sword, whip for grab, all of them are in.

- when you use one of the attacks, the current leader is that color wonderful one. attack with a sword move, the fighter is now wonder-blue.

- make each unite morph chargeable. smash attacks, special attacks, even grab.

- final smash, wonder red yells "DIPLOMACY HAS FAILED" and unlimited form starts where all attacks are fully charged.

You are a person with correct opinions.

Even though I just voted for Wonder-Red and I think the FS should be Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow. :colbert:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I'm like a page late but what the gently caress is with the Wolf hate. Wolf is about as much of a "clone" of Fox as Luigi is of Mario, they play almost completely differently.

Roy hate is justified though, he's almost exactly like Marth and we already have a character who's literally just Marth 2.

Fox, Falco, and Wolf are the only three smash characters I actually don't like playing as, AND they all have the same, boring final smash. I'm not sure why they kept Falco's and Fox's as LANDMASTER for Smash 4. I figured they would have changed at least one of them.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Fhate posted:

-Wario now has a 20% to poo poo his pants and jump off the stage in shame if the Wario Waft fails to damage anyone.

Wario does not know of this "shame" you speak of.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Likewise I think Shovel Knight is just Mega Man enough for Japan, and therefor he should get in despite only have one game as an ambassador for Shovel Knight the game in Japan.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Mega Man isn't actually that popular in Japan, mostly just America :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

MithosKuu posted:

My roommate and I wanted to take the Smash Ballot seriously, put in more effort than just screaming "NARUTU 4 SMASH!!1" ya know? So, 11 hours of raw footage and an entire weekend spent editing later and I'm proud to present our pitch for Wonder Red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfGiS1-8AA

You are doing Wonderful things, sir.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

sharrrk posted:

i like how dr. mario was made to be different from mario, because even though mario is better there's still things that dr. mario can do that mario can't, so there's a reason to play him. and there are like 3 things that are different between pit and dark pit so that just comes down to player preference. lucina is just a bad design though. there is 0 reason to use her over marth because she's just flat out worse. i really hope she gets a redesign in a free update down the line (this won't happen). it's almost like picking between pikachu and pichu in melee, but at least pichu dealt a lot more damage and made your opponent feel humiliated if they lost.

Yeah, while I do like Dark Pit as a character, I wish he was more different in Smash from Pit. Especially since there are so many different weapons in that game, and the only thing they did was give him the Electroshock Arm instead of the Upperdash Arm for his side-B and kept everything else more or less the same.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SL the Pyro posted:

Young Link would be acceptable if he underwent a grand moveset revamp to involve his masks, but only then. If he comes back to Smash with his Melee moveset entirely copy-pasted then I will seriously not even buy him - and this is coming from a guy who usually scoops up all available DLC for the hell of it.

Yeah, I could almost see them doing something similar to how Young Link was handled in Hyrule Warriors--in that he would transform into Fierce Diety (or any other masked form) for special attacks or something like that.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Well, Hot Marth is already an assist trophy, so most likely Edgy Marth will be next.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I like playing as almost every character except for Fox, Falco, Diddy Kong, and almost Donkey Kong.

But if I'm doing For Glory I mostly use Sonic, Mega Man, Dark Pit/Pit, Roy, Roy, or Shulk.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

personally, I think they blow

I think we can all agree that windboxes do not suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Ruggington posted:

timing mega man's down taunt so you disappear when the game freeze frames is what I live for

This goon knows what is good in life.

• Locked thread