Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Soulfucker posted:

I did a ram today I thought it was funny and decided to youtube it.

When your tank is just sitting there on top of the other for a while it makes me think of a really big dog sitting in too small a chair or your also very likely too small of a lap. :3:

If I could snag a Ram II on the super cheap would it make for an alright American medium trainer? Or should just I stick with my Sherman addiction based Fury for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm always working on too many tanks at any given time.

Ditto! :negative::respek::negative:

Solid run of games last night though. Let's do that again. Plus as a side effect I actually have credits and am way closer to researching the E-100. Less than 45K xp to go. Which isn't too bad in E-75 if you just mildly pay attention to the game while you play it. I really had a god drat blast when I raged out in the Type 59. Too bad that game wasn't winnable. All those scared enemy tanks were prime for killing, but oh well pub teams.

And it was great to go out on my IS finally hitting enemies and scoring its only win of the night even if I blew up half way though the match.

Thanks for all the Ram II discussion. I might grab it sometime if I still have the chance to pay pretty much nothing just to check it out and at worst end up with a garage slot to put another fascist brick in (or finally play around with some glorious Soviet people's brawley tanks I'd probably do better in). Amazon credits are a cool thing like that.

Oh, and I'm totally up for the occasional goon team for random tourneys if anyone needs a fairly competent spaz to pad numbers, goof around, and (try to) kill some pub squads.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Last night in Pansy dongholds I killed a guy by driving off a cliff, flying over him, and my Crommy B's rear end goomba stomping him a second after my front touched down thinking I had overshot. I floored reverse and the stars aligned.

An artist's rendition of the magic moment about to happen:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Ditto, only I'm more generally more competent as a benchwarmer.

Forgot to reply. Whoops. Hit me up in game, we can figure out what low stakes fights throw our hats in for for some practice. I know your schedule can change suddenly, but we can find some prime bench warmer games and brow beat some goons into joining.

Hey goons, join my poo poo when I do it or I will find you and admonish you sternly while you chug your vodka and not care.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I saw, and it was beautiful. Strongholds are the most fun I've had in this game since I came back. Probably since I played companies back in 2012.

There was also the round where Deviant suicide-rammed a T150 to death in his Cromwell to end the game. I'm not sure if that was even what he was planning, but it was funny.

You did a solid job calling given the years of rust you're shaking off. I'm looking forward to more Pansy adventures intermittent or no.

There were a bunch of delightful goon antics. I really loved when the round that got finished out with that Oh-Ho ram kill. I forget which one of us was running it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQts7E1FvrE

Now if you'll excuse me I need to figure out how to customize my radial chat spam menus.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Eh.... it's not really a tournament type thing. You just get like 7-10 guys or so and fight matches to get points for your "Stronghold" where you upgrade buildings and get perks that your clan leader can activate.

It's fun though and the consequences of losing are basically nothing, which takes the sperg rage out of it.

Well, we can include those too, but I meant seeing what ones of these we have bored goons interested in: http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Nope, gonna die violently and on fire in my SU-100! :suicide:

And still get gold from technical victories while I read some more Conrad like last time.

If only it had been tier 7 so I could take advantage of the fiendish German goblin that is the E 25.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

I'll start making teams for the Memorial Day fights. And maybe I'll even remember to show up!

First off, T7 tanks for Friday the 27th:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000177/team/1000043871/

The password is the same as the goon channel.

I'll start one for the next day's when this fills up or 3 other goons yell they can make that one instead, and then the same for Sunday's. And, of course, I'm picking the high tier option those as well because GOLD AND PRIZES.

Edit: no more password, just sign the hell up. Good work though, Paul.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 24, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So, what are the tanks of choice for Tier7 and 3?

We are only doing 7.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Captain Blaargh posted:

I'll start making teams for the Memorial Day fights. And maybe I'll even remember to show up!

First off, T7 tanks for Friday the 27th:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000177/team/1000043871/

I'll start one for the next day's when this fills up or 3 other goons yell they can make that one instead, and then the same for Sunday's. And, of course, I'm picking the high tier option those as well because GOLD AND PRIZES.

Get in here and fill the team out goons. Don't worry if you're bad. I am bad. We're all bad.

And here is one for Tier 8s on Saturday:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000198/team/1000045283/

Password on both: Blaargh

Edit: rejoin if I kicked you off the team. Got full of pubs when I had no password up for a little bit on the first one and threw out everyone I didn't recognize. rip

Edit 2: Tier 9 on Sunday. Get in. http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000199/team/1000045295/

Edit the third: All tournaments start at 8:30PM EST

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 26, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

I just won 50 gold for not showing up to that TD 1v1 tournament. Wargaming rewarding me for not playing tonks. :toot:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

WG should honestly just give everyone 50g per month on general principle. Call it the 'We're Sorry' reward.

Being completely serious they should do that as it would addict lots and lots of players to buying fucktons of gold.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can I join with my O-Ho? I have literally no other tier 8.

Or wait, I have a KV-5
\

Oh, and what time is thiS?

Go for it . I care not whit. Bring a loltraktor if you have to.

All the Tournaments start at 8:30 EST. I'll add that to my post. Thanks for the reminder.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Which Russian TD line is the one to go down these days? I seem to have a bunch of credits for whatever reason suddenly :getin: and I forget what grab after the SU-100.

If these rental bux don't get rolled back I'll be able to afford the E-100 when I unlock it soonish. Thanks, WG coders!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Please don't help hallsau have a type59, it is written that he shall never have one.

It would just ruin all the magic of mentioning I have one almost every time I post.

Edit: Two more tourneys this weekend I put in for if you want at some free stuff. Let's get at least one of these running.

Captain Blaargh posted:

Get in here and fill the team out goons. Don't worry if you're bad. I am bad. We're all bad.

And here is one for Tier 8s on Saturday:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000198/team/1000045283/

Password on both: Blaargh

Edit 2: Tier 9 on Sunday. Get in. http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000199/team/1000045295/

Edit the third: All tournaments start at 8:30PM EST

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 28, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Jokes on you, we lost two! One because we went in short, a second because we're bad.

Why didn't you press W and click red tanks though?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Well then... time to unlock more?

Hey Celt, look what did it. Ha!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

:toot:

:toot:

I foresee a lot of pref 8 games for panzer-funbux for in my near future.

Thanks for all the platoons today, several cool goons.

Edit: T7 Clown Car platoon ruled. :getin:

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 31, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

I joined Captain Blaargh's tournament team for the 4v4 tier 5s

Yup, that's me. Cafone's parachute account. :wave:

Hey Hellsau, would flinging gold in a Church I work, or is that asking to die?

Edit: Or my T1 Heavy.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 1, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Stand To team for June 3rd, Tier V 4v4:

password: blaargh

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000226/team/1000049231/

Come be bad and earn a pittance of gold for the home planet. We shall dine on cats in hell! :black101:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

CitizenKain posted:

I think the 57mm on the KV-1 is a good gun, but I preferred the 85mm while using it. The gun has a fast enough ROF to brawl if necessary, but you can shoot someone and duck back into cover if needed.

I refer to 57mm equipped KV-1 with a rammer as the Poor Man's Church III. It's really funny and a mindfuck to your opponents in many games. But of course it is useless if you are bottom tier.

Try to explain to many a goon you're doing it because it's funny and they just babble you shouldn't and numbers. rip internet comedy forum

Cardiac posted:

Doesn't it say in the OP to do the KV1 to IS3 line first?

Yeah, but reading is hard and it actually can be a good idea to check after every big patch cause that stuff can shift. Not that line though. That line will always be people's stronk mlg line of the great Mother Russia. :ussr:

Edit:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

How much does a T10 get discounted by in the On Track event? I'm thinking about playing nothing but premiums for a few weeks in case I decide to buy the 50B.

edit: They don't do discount packages on gold ever, do they? I want to buy some gold and premium but I don't want to find out tomorrow that they've done a big discount just after I dropped money on the game for the first time.

Check the main WoT site for discount news. I think details drop on the 3rd for the On Track event.

And gold does get fairly regular bonus deals. Generally it will be that you get extra for using certain payment methods. It cycles which one and shows up every two or three weeks. It will be things like paypal, amazon payments, sprint bullshit bux, and such. Generally unless there is a tank you want and can't get any other way always just buy gold, and always do some simple math to check bang for your buck unless you got oil money/lawyer cash or whatever and don't need to care.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 2, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Congratulations on earning 2nd place for the Heavy Throwdown.
Your account has been credited with your 400 gold.
-Wargaming America eSports

Yay, finally.

I placed first in my group! :hfive:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Someone tell me the new VK 45.03 heavy is bad. I don't want to drop money on it.

Same with the Mutz. Oh god, help I'm too poor for this.

Edit:

VVVVV I filled an O-Ni full of gold when I was low on hp in an E-75 and wanted to ensure more crits. The angry and sad pub messaged me for a couple days after. Lesson, always have gold ready to load. VVVVV

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 3, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Nordick posted:

On a completely arbitrary gut estimate I'd say 20% of my gold firing instances is because I actually need to. The remaining 80% is half "lol can't be arsed" and half pure spite.

I'm the opposite ratio gold ammo use wise. As much as I joke, I'm actually pretty judicious about when I fling gold for comedy. But flinging gold for comedy is totally worth it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'd say about 90% of mine are from needing it to pen something which then dies before I load, so I just end up wasting it.

You know you can just reload your gun with regular rounds before you fire, yes? But yeah, sucks when you have to quickly plug the next guy in the firefight who is a softie of some kind with it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

You see this stuff is the real reason to goon up your gaming.

Hellsau posted:

Click and drag the corner of the chat window to enlarge it, and either use the snipping tool to quickly capture a short convo, or just take screenshots with the print screen button (which go to .../WorldofTanks/Screenshots) and then upload those to imgur (and check the edit box to not be really lazy or just post the whole garage whatever.)

You can also ctrl-c highlighted text from the game and paste it to a .txt or whatever e.g. this guy I confused the hell out of when I was bored:

moxxoflives posted:

maxxolives (10:45:53 PM) Btw nice Gold...teir7 vs teir9...You use gold...smart
Captain_Blaargh (10:46:28 PM) Gotta pen when it counts!
maxxolives (10:46:51 PM) Yeah even if its the scrubby way
Captain_Blaargh (10:46:59 PM) (also I thought you were the tier 8. lol
Captain_Blaargh (10:47:08 PM) Even better if it's scrubby!
maxxolives (10:47:10 PM) ...
Captain_Blaargh (10:47:59 PM) Do you want to know a secret, hot stuff?
maxxolives (10:51:03 PM) Hush
maxxolives (10:51:24 PM) Dont act like you are cute or know me:)
Captain_Blaargh (10:58:27 PM) But I am cute, and I e-know you now. :-*
maxxolives (11:00:49 PM) Sure...:)...Not really:|
Captain_Blaargh (11:01:14 PM) Sweet summer tanker
maxxolives (11:01:34 PM) Wat?
Captain_Blaargh (11:02:10 PM) Now if you'll excuse me I need to get in my Type 59 and fill enemy hulls with gold.
maxxolives (11:02:35 PM) Sure...?
Captain_Blaargh (11:02:54 PM) You know it!
maxxolives (11:03:12 PM) Not really...confused
Captain_Blaargh (11:03:40 PM) Yeah, yeah you are. Have a good night, sparkles.
maxxolives (11:04:05 PM) Thats creepy...
Captain_Blaargh (11:06:06 PM) Maybe, but look how you're dressed. That big green hull makes me blast all the gold.
maxxolives (11:10:01 PM) wow...
Captain_Blaargh (11:13:47 PM) We at Pansy pride ourselves in having the largest hardest blasts!
Captain_Blaargh (11:14:53 PM) Please address all complaints to AtomizerX
maxxolives (11:19:38 PM) You must be joking.....
Captain_Blaargh (11:22:45 PM) Joking about our love of sexy men and tanking, or that gold spam is a legit tactic, ya baby?
maxxolives (11:24:52 PM) :|...You said i know you...you are tanker?....
Captain_Blaargh (11:25:37 PM) Only as a screen name. Jeez
Captain_Blaargh (11:25:55 PM) At least take me to dinner before you get this familiar.
maxxolives (11:31:15 PM) wow...
Captain_Blaargh (11:32:17 PM) A man of few words, I like that.
Captain_Blaargh (11:33:18 PM) You're still picking up the check though, and no Marvel movies after.
maxxolives (11:39:30 PM) You are silly...Too say the least
Captain_Blaargh (11:40:22 PM) At least I don't whine about gold, darling. Nice chatting.
maxxolives (11:53:54 PM) Says the one typing this much?...lol
Captain_Blaargh (11:54:37 PM) Hey, something to do while I wait for countdowns. ;-)
maxxolives (11:55:23 PM) In garage?...sure!lol
Captain_Blaargh (12:03:01 AM) Yeah, mm can take a sec, my dear scrub.

He even got back to me to let me know I was the scrub even though we have comparable stats(!?!?). I just let him know it was cool he came back.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Played a round since I woke up way before I needed to. Already got hate for using the E-75 like a German heavy when top tier. Not my fault your team couldn't spot or come after me. I agree, though, it is my fault that I didn't rush the enemy front line to get all guns trained on me. God drat, having 10% snap shot on this tanks make a legitimately noticeable difference. (Combined with full situational awareness, full recon, and coated optics of course.)

WoT posted:

Serbian1 (6:44:54 AM) of course u have 47% of wins ....play well noob
Captain_Blaargh (6:45:06 AM) Noob? lol
Captain_Blaargh (6:45:27 AM) 49% in this tank!
Serbian1 (6:45:33 AM) hahaha ...u r not ace ...dont you ?
Serbian1 (6:45:41 AM) still on monkey level
Captain_Blaargh (6:45:44 AM) But yeah, your team needed to come after me.
Captain_Blaargh (6:45:48 AM) Ook ook!
Serbian1 (6:45:59 AM) bye
Captain_Blaargh (6:46:05 AM) Later!

Also I have ace tanker on it... so, yeah. Gonna be a good day.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Soulfucker posted:

Found here: https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/06/08/sandbox-stats-sketch/

Doesn't seem worth judging until we get more sandbox info from the devs.

I like the idea that they're trying out wildly different things just to see what works. Glad I signed up for the NA one. Also agreed that it's probably best to wait for real news.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Valle posted:

Is there still some sponsoring mission thingy available for people who haven't played in a good long while? I seem to recall something like this existing but I can't find any info. Thought I might come back for the tank soccer, and it'd be a shame to waste any potential rewards.

Yeah, you can get a re-invite from another tanker and a bonus to platoon xp with them, and they get free poo poo from you playing. It's a good time. Make them throw you some gold, or a tank, or at least a handy jay though if it works out.

Edit: I think you have to have not even logged into the site for a year.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Valle posted:

AlleviatedRisk, if capitalization matters. Checking Wargaming's support database I found this article which claims that "inactive accounts that have not logged a battle for more than 60 days are able to be recruits." So according to this logging into the site shouldn't matter and I should be recruitable. You/someone try again?

I thought so, but after a buddy logged in it claimed he was active because Wargaming. ymmv

Edit: This was on Monday

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

I still play this game and have fun. There's plenty to grump about but the game I find is solid. Better than it was for a while a couple years back even. Y'all confuse me. Do guys just need a hug?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

For the last few months, it has been like everyone that looks at me knows.
When I close my eyes at night, I can feel their stares stabbing at me like thousands of needles.
Even the clouds seem to be hanging lower in the sky since those days we do not speak of, like an ashen blanket looking to constrict my breath as the road I walk seems to get ever longer.
My feet become as lead as I struggle to place one beyond the other.
My vision narrows, the horizon is no more.
The burden forces me to my knees
I am crawling.
The sun has died.

No longer can I live with the shame.

I rigged the T-22.

If I only I could have been as truly evil as you. :negative:

Edit:

NotWearingPants posted:

I also play tanks on the internet for fun.

What are these strange and foreign words? This must be a spell of sorcery most foul you type for my eyes and ears bleed if I speak them together aloud! That or I knocked some rat poison in my breakfast. One of those.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 28, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Greetings goon tankers, join me soon for our chance at fun and a pittance of gold for us poors!

Tier IV 3v3 Tournament tomorrow, Thursday the 30th at 8PM Easter US:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000257/team/1000061508/

Password: Blaargh

See you there! Or not! Maybe I'll go outside instead. I don't care! :getin:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Blindeye posted:

So a victory platoon of Matildas spamming gold for queen and country?

I'm bringing my D.W. 2 but your idea intrigues me.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah, sorry. Had to take care of my nephew. However, I did make a disclaimer saying that I might not make it. I entered because there were zero people who signed up after a day or two so I figured I'd be a reserve.

Thx for the call out though. I'm sure the Cap feels really bad about it. :thumbsup:

Bad about it!? Why the gently caress didn't you sign your nephew up too, ya jerk? :commissar:

I can read. I wasn't worried about it. Pants on the other hand? I'm beating him up and stealing his lunch money.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I'm sad the new German medium is being compared unfavorably to the m4 improved. Well just have to see what goes on sale for Bastille day.

Another tank that sparked my interest/I should be a sucker for. Alas, guess I'll blow my gold on something else.

On that note what's the word on that new kitty-Patton, anyway?

Tourney attempt neu!

Tier V on Himmelsdorf on Tuesday, July 5th at 9:30PM.

Password: Blaargh

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000278/team/1000063378/

Get in or not be in I guess or something! If in just show up this time, ya drat goons. :hurr:

Edit: Added the password to the post. This time I am the 'hurr'.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 2, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Guess I'm not springing for the Hello Kitty Patton. I love this whole not worth the bother thing with the new premiums. Thanks, goons.

Just get an IS-6 or something on a sale plan is still go.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

The little tourney last night went south real fast. Plus I was sick so it I was even 'better' than usual!

Thanks for tagging along though, you two. Hopefully we run into more shitter teams the next time, or get better at the whole team action thing.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

The KV-2 troll cannon on a the SU-152 is a pretty good time. And the addition of HEAT rounds made of the finest schadenfreude make up for it being so drat slow.

...with the engine upgraded. Nothing makes up for that stock engine.

I might actually be on playing badly sometime soon. Needed a breather from the misery simulator.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

R. Mute posted:

Don't play the SU-152 with the derp gun. Use the 122mm and just feast on your opponents. Best thing about it is that people expect you to be using the derp gun so they often don't bother popping back into cover if you've missed your first shot. And you've got a 3300dpm gun. Well...

When I have the other guns I will see about that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Quartet goes on sale again right after I buy my new bed and mattress. No tank dog for me.

This is probably a good thing. I shall remain satisfied with my Crom B.