Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There's gonna be like a hundred thousand Ghost Nappas and Weedlord Gokus by day one and I will grade all of them harshly. :colbert: I can't wait for the Goon World Tournament where we can all pit our abominations against each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Harlock posted:

I liked Battle of Z but some of the later fights got to be too hard because of the insistence of online co-op.

Will I like this?

You can play it alone, with friends or AI of everyone you can punch in the face.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Correnth posted:

Is there any information on exactly what the differences between the last-gen (PS3/360) and current-gen (PS4/XB1/PC) are outside of graphical enhancements?

It's probably just going to be prettier graphics on the higher end machines and mods on the PC.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

PantsBandit posted:

But here's the question: Is it more important that he can go super saiyan or that he can regrow limbs like a boss?

I think CoCks can only go up to SS2 so you don't get that much of an advantage to being a Sayian that you wouldn't get in other races.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I've never like, felt 'hype' for a DBZ game. I've played plenty of DBZ games and thought 'this is a good game' and had fun, but I've never done some poo poo like preorder a loving dragon ball game.

Dragon Ball Z games are good, guys, I'm scared, hold me.

This is the anime singularity, brother. Hercule-mania is coming for you!

Still trying to find if there are any good beards besides Roshi and King Vegeta Beard, but here's how you get all your weighted clothing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Don't worry, Goku won't be able to do much in this game without THE HERO THAT IS YOU if you play the game well enough.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Battle of the Gods literally spent more time in a birthday party and discussing a bingo game and its ramifications than it did on the battle of the gods, so it was the best DBZ movie ever.

It was a return to what DB was always about, goofy humor and puns.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Don't sayian armor leggings count as jorts?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Scalding Coffee posted:

What can you wish for and is immortality one of them?

Mostly just for money, special cosmetic stuff, and the ability to rearrange your character's stats and looks.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

As Kami intended. :goku:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I think the loot farming is just extra incentive to get people to train some more instead of thinking they're done with quests after beating it once.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

NomChompsky posted:

So I picked up a seven starred dragon ball from a quest but it does not show up in my bag. Is that normal? Are they in some special dragon ball place?

Yeah, I think the game will tell you can make a wish if you have them all.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Ciaphas posted:

Huh, well, how 'bout that.

Too bad I'm frustratingly poo poo-tier at fighting games :(

Don't worry about it, dude. You can play with other people who are better at fightmans, with friends or just grind until you smash anything in your wake. This game's about having fun doing goofy poo poo and punching people in the face.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

A Spider Covets posted:

im gonna be a buu then. thank you goons for helping me solve this identity crisis.

If you get bored don't hesitate to make something of another race. You have 8 slots to mess around with.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

ZenVulgarity posted:

Can I make a fat saiyan

EDIT: poo poo, I think only buus can be fat, but being taller or shorter still affects how hard you hit and how fast you can go.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 25, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You might also be doing the female restricted combo set from Android 18. Haven't seen it enough to know if its alot of back teleporting or not, but it's noticeably different.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I could really do without this game not immediately trying to connect to the XENOVERSE server. It's an alright single player and offline game when the servers are completely off.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
How the hell do I raise Ginyu's approval?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The VC effect is in full bloom here as Bamco never expected this game to be this well revived just as much as the community was not expecting the game to be this good. DIMPS is probably getting barraged by calls asking when Xenoverse 2 is going into production.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Great Beer posted:

Some ui improvements, more color customization options for the clothing, some more pq quests, and some balance tweaking are all a potential xv2 really needs to be the best since budokai 3.

I wouldn't mind that theory that someone said about going as far back as Dragon Ball to find Goku/maintain time as best as you can until you find him wouldn't be a bad story for XV2. Have a the weirdest parallel like quests be main missions where you have to fight an army of Red Ribbon Androids and whatever poo poo you hear NPC time patrol talk about doing in this game would be great.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
With any luck Xenoverse 2 will allow us to just skip right past Super 3/4 and go directly to Super God and Super Cyan. Why worry about programing in giant hair effects when its stronger to just either glow red or blue.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The RNG grind finally got me in trying to get Videl's I'm Okay to complete Gohan's training. They really need to have getting Z rank unlock most, if not all the things a Parallel Quest lists as there really isn't any other point to get a high rank unless you want speed through training sans the fetch me poo poo part.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Considering its getting near Dark Souls 2 territory as far as sales go, I'm pretty sure they're a little bit beyond amazed that a anime game did this well worldwide.

EDIT: I mean as good as it is to see Goku Simulator do this well, I feel sorry for whoever is involved with directing Xenoverse 2 as now a several million sales expectation has been set.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 16, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Testekill posted:

Hopefully the great and powerful Dumplin is a secret character.

I'd kill for some more Time Patroller characters to be involved in the story, particularly if Dumplin' is one of the two Majins you can punch mans with.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

e X posted:

I think you don't even take damage, you just gain some stamina.

Yeah its just a mutual build up of Ki energy for both parties. No one takes damage because you're both perfectly parrying the other. However, if the AI are doing it to each other, you'll get hit by backlash if you try to interfere with it.

mycot posted:

Goku Simulator is my new favorite name for this game. (Hell you could claim it's even Goku MMO Simulator at the same time).

Thanks, the only thing its missing is having a ridiculous sized meal with Goku for it to be complete. Give Toki Toki some poo poo to do in just for funzies like drive cars with Piccolo recklessly and more co-op able story modes and the sequel'll be perfect.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Please let God Ki Release be some sort of high powered Kaioken for all races while only Saiyans can go Cyan.:allears:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

-Fish- posted:

I didn't see that power mentioned anywhere. Where was that mentioned? I'm really hyped about what that could be.

Its just a dumb name I threw up for being on a power level par with post Battle of the Gods Goku and Beerus. Let every type of CAC have it as its basically Kaioken but with red hair if they don't want to share Potential Unlocked.

I really hope they officially trim down SSGSS to just True Super Saiyan God in the dub. We'll still have Cyan and blue jokes, but for the sake of the voice actors alone they should probably cut out some of the redundant poo poo.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Exercu posted:

What, you don't think Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku, or SSGSSSG for short, is great?

I don't think anyone could say it fast enough unless they were part snake god.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Is there anyone on the steam version that has the "I'm okay" z soul or point me to a good save editor? I've tried to grind for that thing about the whole steam sale and the RNG just refuses to let me have it.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 22, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Did you buy the DLC while it was on sale? The elder kai can give you a guaranteed drop of whatever you're looking for.

I bought the game a while ago on PS4 and I was still considering picking up the combo deal on Steam! I have yet to buy the DLC on PS4.

The DLC went on sale for PC? Yeah I have the whole thing. Now how do I use Elder Kai to finally finish off Gohan's mentorship?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Danaru posted:

I genuinely feel bad for that guy :(
At least he can sleep now that we helped him kill some Saibamen. If nothing else, I hope the side characters get some noticeably new designs in Super as its going to be hard to differentiate older Yamcha's hair from a older Goten.

Look, I know I enjoy Xenoverse for the punch mans, but could we please have some silly poo poo like riding around on the train car with the bra family in Xeno 2: Dimensional War of Z? It can even be just a side episode where we smack Vegeta around so he can stop whining and have some fun with his family.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

To be fair, Goku repeatedly tries to not kill people. He let Vegeta live. He would've let Frieza live if he hadn't have attacked Goku that last time. Although, Goku's final attack didn't even kill Frieza. I guess once the androids show up, Goku realizes the only way to deal with unrepentant murder-machines is to kill them.

I will admit, there is much more violent murder and brutality in the show than what I remembered as a kid.

To be fair, death/going to another dimension really isn't that big of a deal when you have magic balls that will bring people back at least once and magic beans that can heal near fatal injuries upon ingestion.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Jimbot posted:

The Funimation dub got incredibly better but boy I remember first hearing the new dub for the first time having spent all that time with the Ocean dub and absolutely hating it. Goku was fine but something was kind of off with the line readings, Krillin sounded like he was trying to pass a massive poo poo, Frieza sounded like he had a massive cold, Gohan sounded fine, Vegeta and Piccolo sounded ok too. The trouble with that early stuff coming off of the Ocean dub, on top of all that, is that they all sounded like they were doing something with their voices to make it sound like a character. The Ocean dub sounded way more natural to me. Yeah, they were doing it too but they hid that fact better.

They all got better over time. I fell off the series before Cell showed up but playing Xenoverse, they all sound really great. Except Trunks, I really can't stand the direction they have that voice actor going in. Sounds like he's talking like that because he has something stuck in his throat and is trying to clear it as he talks.

I think there was a scene that Trunks actually broke character and the VA used his natural speaking voice for some low "What". It kind of adds to the charm in a weird way how haphazard the dub job was because no one was anticipating this would be the new gold standard DBZ video game, but I'd like someone to actually listen to what the script says now and not have weird lines not match the characters say now in the sequel. It was funny the first time, but I doubt it'll stay that way for Xen 2.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The only thing that seems to work is just getting good rank grades. They all really like Zs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Does the mission matter? Can I spam 1 star missions for Z-ranks for instant relationship boosts?

Yeah you could scum around easy missions, but it can hurt you in XP gain and sometimes the game doesn't really give you a good grade because you're a little too over leveled or you brought help when you didn't need it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Section Z posted:

It's been a while since I played, but I'm drat sure leveling up counts.

When I made new characters, plowing them through monkey fights would notably raise my mentor levels, then stop when I hit "You unlocked the next mission, but this newbie isn't high enough level to see it!" (I'd regularly check the progress meter to see when it seemed it stopped moving entirely) then I'd switch to my higher level character and the mission icon would be right there.

Of course, I never got around to any of the "You must be level 70+ or whatever for me to give a poo poo" mentors, so I do not know if that would work for them.

The worst thing about Goku and Beerus is getting them to show up at all. I swear I've seen Tien, Elder Kai and Yamcha more than those two and I'm only wanting to train on them first because I'm about a level away from being able to get Mystic/Potential Unleashed. Leveling to 70 is nothing compared to climbing a over a million a level for 93. :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Why is it that perfect is so much better than super Kamehameha? I had to get to 70 to train with Goku and his trainer moveset is just so loving weak compared to stuff I was getting middle of the story path.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Perfect has more invulnerability during it's casting.

Perfect also seems to have a more reliable hit rate and a wider beam.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

UberJumper posted:

I haven't played since the game first came out. But have they fixed all the insanely random and grindy crap in the game?

Like trying to get certain abilities was basically borderline impossible due to RNG?

It's still problematic, but there is a DLC master that can randomly make it so you have higher chances for skills or z souls to drop. However, XP is still a terrible grind. They really need to loosen the gently caress out on all of this grind in the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
If you don't have the game nor its DLC this is a good sale for you curious to GOKU. Otherwise its kind of a wash to anyone who wants the extra content sold at a discount.

• Locked thread