Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

The colored pencils really make this.

Regarding Rep:
Soon to be recruited by Am0k.

Chillingly accurate.

Regarding EVE:

Play EVE. Try everything, Groon included. Be sure to be inconsistent and slightly useless everywhere, and also a spy for FIX (or I guess Black-Mark or IRC, if you want a more modern dead alliance) to be sure to never get promoted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is my stash of Cerberuses in Syndicate buffed yet? Or should I just disappear into a wormhole with MY MUNINN whenever this stupid client reinstalls? I was finally seduced by the thoughts of 2012-era SV all being in hole squad, a squad more useless than post-SUAS SV.

RLML cerbs would probably fit fine into MWD gilafleet as anti-tackle. Muninns don't really fit anything we do but I'm sure you'd find some use for it when we aggressively kitchen sink at poo poo. Right now we're eyeing Taloses as something with amazing damage output that's also moderately expendable to gank marauders and poo poo with smaller numbers and 1-2 logi.

Really, it's a good time to be semi-useless and watching from the wings. If k-space gets really interesting, who knows WHAT we'll do.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

mikey posted:

Making stock is the only time it's acceptable to boil meat, and even then it should be mostly bones with a little leftover meat. A whole pork shoulder should be braised, which implies less liquid (and usually juice/vinegar/alcohol), sub-boiling temperatures, and a long duration. Maybe we're having a confusion of terminology?

In practice, I've found boiling inexpensive pork is the way to make carnitas (you dry roast it after, then fork it), and it makes awesome stock. It's a win/win, only downside is that it takes a fair bit of time.

That pork stock makes the best risotto - you can do risotto with lots of stocks, but I've found this ends up creating the nicest flavor.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Omi no Kami posted:

Here's another lovely one, which probably constitutes the single most WTF thing I saw while I was there: I ran two characters for most of my time in eve, one focused on manufacturing and trading skills, one on combat skills. I realized that the uni only wanted characters who were in the uni in a lot of fleet actions, so I asked them to let my secondary with all the combat skills join. "You can only have one character in the uni," they tell me, "If he joins the other guy has to quit. Fair?" That sounded fine, so I did just that... then when I asked one of the officers to reinstate the various ranks + hangar access my guy had, they went "You can't access those anymore- rank is based on the time a character has served in the corp, not a player. Feel free to go through the application process for all those ranks/privileges again in two months when your character is old enough.

I've read a lot of stupid poo poo about EVE but this is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long, long time.

Join GSF, GROON, Karmafleet, HV, Pandemic Horde, loving whatever you can to get away from that sort of poo poo. It sounds like a bad tabletop group horror story metastasized into one of the largest 'new player' groups in EVE, except it fucks them.

(Join groon if you want to shoot eve-uni in syndicate)

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Half of the regions you named are aggressively useless, as they don't really have much in the way of stations or agents. Notably, northern Venal is poo poo, as is basically all of Great Wildlands. Outer Ring is pretty awful logistically but it does have OK stations and LP. Syndicate has a good layout and stations but its LP is loving worthless, so the worthwhile NPC agents aren't. You missed 2 of the better NPC pockets - Fountain and Pure Blind, both of which have great LP targets. You also missed Stain existing. This still doesn't change the fact that the deep southwest, northwest, deep southeast, and the entire drone regions in the northeast have no NPC space.

Lots of regions have no pockets of NPC space, and even more space has no NPC space that is useful in having stations with profitable agents. Pure Blind, part of Venal, Fountain, Delve, Curse, and Stain have worthwhile LP, while lots of other parts of space have poo poo LP, or no stations.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

If you even care about killboards being green, you're doing it wrong. I'll gladly welp a hundred cheap ships if it means I get one amazing fight that I'll be talking about for weeks afterwards.

Grumps' post really doesn't capture what HS actually does.

We took a few brawls this weekend, good ones, and came out the worse in both of them. Neither was a total welp, but both involved losing 1b+ ships while learning the WH AHAC brawling meta against decent opponents. The Isogen-5 fight grumps died in went south due to a combination of 3 things -

https://beta.eve-kill.net/related/31001741/201505241900/ - this was actually their 13 vs our 11 in our home with links, so not that 1-sided

1-it started as out before we were completely ready with the standard flirting baiting -ganking-counterganking shuffle, which resulted in a notlupus being in a blackbird rather than something heavier, and our FC, dom, in one of the logi and a jamming tengu. This is what killed us.
2-Isogen got some really good hits with the ECM from their stratios and the ECM drones on Dom's logi, 4 cycles. That'd be the back luck
3-We didn't get perfect calls on neuts and jams being split on their guardians, and DPS on the third. So, we couldn't break them before they sorted out neuts and DPS on our 3 guardians.

So, a damned good fight, but one we lost. I got my poo poo out this time, but not the last, where we made a more basic mistake (I was the only guardian :downs:). Still, learning experiences.

What grumps means is that w-space also provides a steady trickle of people doing stupid poo poo in expensive ships:

https://beta.eve-kill.net/related/31001069/201505252200/

Wolf Rayet, Paladin Pod, active Gila. One of these is not like the other. Totally worth collapsing the connection behind ourselves to murder that.

KaoliniteMilkshake fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 26, 2015

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Nietzschean posted:

The World of Yesterday's Goonfleet dot Com, prior to the advent of Siege Fleet, must have been a dreadful environment for those who yearn to shoot pos and take territory in this space empire simulator.

The first step to dealing with a problem is to admit you have one.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

CommonShore posted:

is it my imagination or has this thread moved on from drama/controversy to some kind of weird inexplicable meta-drama/controversy?

Christ, we've become kugu.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

nah i don't hate hole squad

i just like making GBS threads on wormholes

:unsmith:

FWIW I'm kinda sad the directorate is pushing hard to kill off SV by pulling reimbursement. Syndicate is an absolute poo poo for making money - it doesn't have Guristas, Serpentis, Angel, or Sansha missions, like Venal, Fountain, Curse, or Stain. Syndicate LP is available in the S-U pocket, and kind of lovely. I guess the SV moon empire needs to ride again.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Numismancer posted:

SV isn't being shuttered (the gently caress did this thread even get that)

Kicking BOS followed by killing reimbursement for the regions SV is active in gives that impression. BOS was half of SV's active members, and they were taking active fights in Syndicate, a region known for being poor as poo poo.

Numismancer posted:

BOS was kicked for the same reason any corp that loses its stakeholder on month 1 and is told to shape up by month 2 and doesn't,

This is fair.

Numismancer posted:

Burn Amarr is still cancelled because of FCON
:smith:, grr FCON, etc

Numismancer posted:

and I have no clue why anyone thinks we'd give a poo poo about Hole Squad from an alliance level. The past few pages of this thread is full of Hole Squad discussion, we never talk or care about them as they're in a goddamned wormhole and it doesn't matter.

And that's how we prefer it. However, we still actively play EVE, are goons, and sometimes like to talk about it.

Numismancer posted:

If you want to feel like a rebel who ~the man~ is breathing down the neck of or something, you gotta talk it up or invent some kind of mystical conspiracy to feel oppressed?

Membercorp rules are crystal clear to every CEO in GSF. BOS isn't blacklisted or banned from the coalition in any way, which is standard for metrics/stakeholder kicks (kicks 'for cause' get you blacklisted). They were an old PL corp for years before Suas brought them over, Suas left a year+ ago, and they'll be happy in Syndicate forever like they always have been since like 2004. vOv

Really, the :tinfoil: seems to come from the timing on the first point, and the fact that this smacks of Darius calling all active squads home including GROON and EO home for war, and then purging people that hinted that that wasn't what they were about. Well, that and apparently the BOS services were pulled suddenly, iirc previous membercorps got a couple days service grace along with the standard week to move their poo poo out.

People are bored, so we want drama, squad poo poo amuses us on some level, but the prospect of internal drama suggests maybe might actually happen.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

andromache posted:

Yeah, I don't have a grudge against holesquad or even think about holesquad really. The last time I thought about holesquad is when mandozer got me involved in some kind of drama around getting broadcast rights.

Holesquad is ineligible for GSF reimbursement for two practical reasons:

1) They bill themselves as a coalition sig and are open to any alliance in the CFC. While I'm sure we can link holesquid members back to their GSF forum account and then selectively reimburse GSF holesquid people if I wanted to, there's no need or reason to because...
2) We don't reimburse any pvp by any group done in wormholes.

Occasionally bomberwaffe or EG will tell me they are going to stage from Thera for mini-deployments, and I reimburse those losses, but as a whole, the alliance has no interest in wormhole poo poo, so we don't reimburse for it.

And we're cool with that. We unfucked our finances a while ago, and do OK. Only thing that sucks on a coalition level is that our retard allies won't blue us, so we can't take our pilots on coalition fleets, but whatever. I'll eventually ram my head into that wall because while I personally don't care, a lot of other people would like to do it.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

I thought he got hellpurged years ago under the "no tiberizzles" rule.

That's just from reimbursement. I doubt tib was ever hurting for money.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

If that's how you see it. I've said I'm fine with poo poo where it is, and I'm only sad we can't have normal relations with the imperium.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

YouTuber posted:

Don't include the ISRAD incident on your :tinfoil: We were busy doing breakouts for slackers Goons in Delve with Morsus Mihi while running Awox missions that would have us travel from Drone Regions down through the South-East and South before landing back in Delve again for the night. Darius was busy telling us to deploy against IT in Outer Ring when IT Alliance didn't loving live in Outer Ring so we promptly ignored him. Blowing UaxDeath's ratting bot empire up in the Drone regions using Awoxers is what sparked the situation off.

Thanks for the history - I freely admit my information is second hand from a range of people that were playing during that period.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Get out of Deklein, then. :P

This is basically why I talk up squads, and getting out of Dek. Reactively killing the kind of nerds who will come to Dek to roam is mostly a losing proposition, and while modern theta is a whole different game than what I played with in 2012 (CowWarrior and literally no other organization), you're still mostly dealing with people that have no interest in a defense gang.

Also, mandozer, I'm sad I've not been xcommed yet, vyst ~space-doxxed~ me as Kyle Myr last thread so feed me to the meatgrinder or whatever.

Other than that the only surprises is that TEST apparently has something worth stealing. Power to you, garr khan.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Re: SV and Topgoon poo poo. I can only wish both of these squads the best, as old Topgoon taught me a lot of the basics of PVP, and current SV provided a lot of the active PVP pilots that make Holesquad a decent, open recruitment PVP squad that trains FCs, scouts, logo anchors, newbies, and bittervets alike*

*the ones that can deal with living in w-space, with random connections to good content, and the badposting disease that comes with playing EVE. Oh, and being stuck such that it isn't feasible to join main strategic fleets regularly.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

Keep track of paps from TG and SV. The squad with the fewest paps at the end of the Thera deployment gets absorbed into the one with the most.

This is a good idea.

Comedy 'hole squad eats both and they become holesquad thera branch SVU' option.

In all seriousness, roam was quite fun, and we mostly managed to deny BL.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

6. I read about the wiki and it made me sad because I pretty much learned the game off of it but what happened to the killboard? The plain layout of the old one was so much easier to look at than zkillboard.

This one I can actually answer.

A couple of years back, Luigi30 worked on updating the KB from its old, atrocious state, where it was only used because it was the only KB accepted for reimbursements. So, it was taken down. The new one never quite made it out of the womb, and reimbursement started accepting eve-kill, then zkillboard, so you're one of the very few people to miss it (which is fine, taste is weird.)

If you want an older style KB that still works, try http://beta.eve-kill.net/ , as it has a similar layout to the old eve-kill.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Zakrello posted:

:tviv: in a destroyer :tviv:

He's loving with you on exact numbers, though I imagine the reality is actually fairly close.

IIRC Steve's experience with running sites in a Svipul suggests that multiple web stacking might make those fits untenable in anything greater than c3 sites in the c6/wolf rayet frig holes that spawn, but given the lowish cost of testing, it might merit further investigation. Either way this looks like a super Enyo, which is already one of the best AFs. I'm looking forward to it.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

Time to disband hole squad and merge them back into the motherland before they go Black Ops on us.

Them and Groon. You can't trust the pineapple.

I've been looking at repurposing old cyno alts as a way to develop chains to hit targets. Goddamn this guy is spergy about it. I think he posts on EVE-O?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

As you should. Every day our tendrils dig deeper into the rotting, putrid goonflesh of the Powers That Be. In the Dark Unseen we metastasize. We wait. Cling to your status quo, nerd. It will not save you. :unsmigghh:

Or we're in one hell of a slump because Warships and also because our beating pvp heart got torn out when SV got :commissar:ed, whatever.

are you talking about holesquad, GSF, SV, CD, blackops, topgoon, EG, or ~the imperium~.

I am confused. This is the thread for salt baking, right? [TELL] me what cuts of fish I should be getting for my salt slab, and what kinds of sauces to use. Also, how do I clean the salt block after?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

It's SIGNIFICANTLY less racist.

I'm proud of that. :unsmith:

While this is unquestionably a good thing that is not a particularly high hurdle to have cleared. basically this is 'I didn't trip on the curb' :sun:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Hell no. Reasons:

1) Das Boot rarely fitted DDAs in the first place; you default to fulltank. We'd consider ditching Das Boot if they nerfed the ranges/tracking of sentry drones, but so far, CCP hasn't done that, because they are dumb.

2) Many of our erstwhile enemies are flying armor T3 cruisers, mostly Legions, with two TDs. This would be pretty nasty to Baltecs.

At least, for the next month or two, we're more likely to do a Raven doctrine than we are Baltecs :P

Phooooooooons.

In all seriousness if I wasn't currently in a place where BS mass were an issue I'd be trying to figure out a Phoon doctrine. You're better at this poo poo than I am, I'd love to see a pro take on it.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Xolve posted:

It's the big yellow chevrons on the lower left hand of the screen with the mouseover tooltip that says 'make sure you have no plans for the next 8 hours', or at least I think it does, that might just be my bitterness though.

I don't understand this docking thing you're talking about.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

orange juche posted:

Join hole squad, get dope-rear end alliance logo like this

As much as I like the final version, I'm still partial to the original

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

Orange sqwid is submitted. I think it works better as nose art, which is the only place the logo will be seen other than, say, zkill.

We ain't never gonna have no sov, is what I'm saying.

If I have my way we'll accidentally entosis troll our way to Sov in somewhere lovely like Impass or whatever, GROON in Tenal style.

ed: I like the hecate for a new frig doctrine, it seems cool as hell.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

CashEnsign posted:

Nugs still plays?

As funny as that would be, no. This is a Catpiss Everdeen situation.

Look who posted the mail and the answer of who ended up with that particular prize will be revealed!

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

this is really cool and makes me want to go burn provi :3:

Now literally anyone can do it!

(Dodfleet with Hole Control last night is proof why if you're in a fleet, wait until the FC calls for you to laser things because you get rooted in place for like 5min otherwise)

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Hexel posted:

I unironically wanted to log in today and help out the Pure Blind ADM because its easy to run my afktars at work but the drat thing has been down for hours :cripes:

What's ADM?

edit: oh, active defense multiplier. Yeah, no, an ADM >3 means the attacker is committing to sitting around for a long while such that even goons can form up.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Agrikk posted:

I really hope this is a thing.

RIP evoke whenever - 2012

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Yeah, if you aren't using drugs, you are doing pvp wrong. All you have to do is leave your ship and get back in to clear the drawbacks. The exception being the missile penalty on exile.

If this still works, I need a drug hookup.

So, uh, where can I buy some drugs?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Zasze posted:

They break and un break this work around every few patches.

:ccp:

still, though, drugs seem cool. Guys, where can I buy some drugs (totally not a cop).

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

also please do not adopt any form of the word "krab" as it is a wormholer lingo loanword and that pretty much makes it the worst type of lingo

I've been trying to figure out if this is some kind of russian thing or some kind of gang thing. I'm not really sure which it is.

RE: hostile entosising, HS has been playing with it off and on all week, and we've had decent results. EWAR is an interesting force multiplier as while you can't RR the entosis, you can jam off poo poo shooting it until it gets out, and blackbirds/falcons are pretty useful in the hostile gang that fucks around the area while we entosis poo poo.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

No, it's Russian lingo -- and honestly i'm using it everywhere because it's more interesting than using "jews" to refer to everything carebear

*snip*

So, yeah, krab (or krabit in verb form) is Russian slang for carebearing. It's not specifically a WH thing. However, the WH rental world attracts lots of Russian goldfarmers, which is why the Hard Knocks rental alliance uses a crab as its logo.

Thanks! I'd read an incomplete bit of the Putin thing, but the context is great. The bit that I love is that Hard Knocks puts their actual PvP corp in that alliance.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Enemu posted:

Yes but it's hilarious when it happens because of your space-wealth or your space-fame

Look man maybe she just dug his sweet tats

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

CommonShore posted:

It looks like CCP gave the skill points to the highest SP character on the account rather than to the one which was actively training.

I had a probing alt training last tues, along with my 90m SP main, and that alt got the SP. I'd rather have it on my main, as that alt finished out :argh: :ccp:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

please do not get too upset at the gift of 18 hours of SP being not exactly where you want it

I don't mind, I just find it silly that they're kind of inconsistent. edit: Honestly it's more useful on that alt, as my main only has long grinds to look forward to :shrug:.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Yall need to calm down and log in.

this pretty much covers it, for all that the nigh-uncatchable interceptors are annoying, they can't really do gently caress all.

The biggest kill of the week I got was right before downtime. The early bird gets the worm, sometimes (this was the 3rd of these in 3 days) https://zkillboard.com/kill/47987507/

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

vyst posted:

I post on Reddit but I post in actual non lovely subreddits

But you still shitpost right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Tai posted:

Lets talk about abusing the poo poo out of tracking effects and 1-2 shotting BS.

I was around for this, and I'll say now what I said then: death to all supercaps, remove them from EVE and biomass pilots,

... that was the party line at the point, and the death to supers bit still stands. We may be pro-skub now but there's nothing fun that's come out of the drat things, even still.

• Locked thread