Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Klyith posted:

So apparently there's a Drifter vs Amarr Navy battle going on, and it's all NPC on NPC fighting. As much as I don't care about eve lore, that's pretty cool. Also shows that work on their new "whiteboard" AI has gone well, if it's being used to direct two NPC fleets to attack each other.

The chance of this being AI and not CCP actors is almost precisely zero.
They ran similar events leading up to Incursions being released and they were a badly-designed shitshow from day 1. The people getting excited about this are a mixture of naive newbies and battered housewives Eve players who still want badly to believe CCP can change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Klyith posted:

I don't know what to tell you, there were lots of ships which appear to be NPCs fighting. Even if CCP had a way for them to pilot a ship without the visible character inside, there are more of them than CCP has employees. They may well be manually controlling the whiteboard to move the ships around and make them fight, but that's still impressive.

But if Drifter incursions are on the horizon this might be close to what they'll look like, which would make perfect sense for this to be completely automated.

Yeah it's what they had with Sansha incursions; they'd spawn a mass of Sansha ships then move them about according to whatever was meant to be happening, then they'd engage and fight capsuleers but it was pretty obvious most of the control was actor-led.

Expecting the end-product PVE to be engaging is .... optimistic. It'll be the same AI just with different triggers and players will min/max it in the first week all the same.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Didn't Xenuria get outed as being unironically attracted to underage kids when he was running for CSM?

No you see he was just trolling / collecting secret evidence for the FBI when he tried to get a 12 year old (boy) to undress on webcam.
He gives off a massive enough creep-vibe that when he attended fanfest he largely made people leave / ask him to leave / threaten security when he was around them.
People who speak for him tend to handwave this all away as autism, but you can be autistic and not be a hyper creep. Much like you don't excuse the "I was just drunk" guy who is consistently violent when drunk, there's enough in his behaviour to make you want to stay away.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

One clear benefit of Fozziesov is that the enemy has a lot less time to impart upon you how much they didn't want their space anyway, and how bad we are for not winning fast enough.

Never seen the threads overlap on r/eve before.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I was superhyperdunking, then someone reported me to CCP and got a gm to delete all my shuttles. He killed them one at a time with his god powers.

CCP won't give you a number, but I can tell you for free anything over 100 and they are more likely than not to deem it in violation.
This amount absolutely causes client lag so I don't know why you don't see the issue.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Since the thread can't get any worse now, I thought I would illustrate the problem of cloning with a cute video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBkBS4O3yvY

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

time travel is completely unrelated to everything that was being discussed though:shrug:

The guy is literally killing himself in order for his clone to continue an existence after him.

That's precisely what was being discussed but some people (pretty sure that was you) didn't seem to get the concept.
I thought maybe the video would underscore the concept in such a heavy way that it would be obvious what the shortcomings were to the idea but lol.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

So I'm just re-starting playing eve again after actually having a life for a while, and the most confusing thing thats happened is the Eve news sites. What the poo poo happened? EN24's articles are legitimately better.

http://evenews24.com/2015/09/06/nulli-secunda-lose-2-titans-in-aridia-to-pandemic-legion/ (actually explains what happens)
vs
https://www.themittani.com/news/two-titans-down-aridia (is pointless and more information is available literally anywhere else)

The TMC article is completely useless on every level. The site is also frightfully useless and doesn't do anything you might expect. e.g. one might expect clicking the author's name to take you to an author page where you can see other articles written by them (it used to do this?) but no, its just a whole page to show the bio that was already on the previous page.

Who signed off on an article which includes the words "Reddit user Survilus reported having a feeling" as explanation?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Xolve posted:

Mad Ani's stream looked like a geocities revival, with uncredited music being played 23/7- the only time his stream was semi-bearable was when he wasn't home/sleeping/etc. Otherwise it was a non-stop cringe horrorshow of awkward skype calls, fanboys, and other random clop-crap.

He did take a bunch of money from people to get a new PC so he could 'provide a better quality' stream, played ARMA2 for about a week, and hosed off entirely with that Twitch mentality of 'if they're not going to pay me to stream, I'm just not going to do it anymore'. It was also about this time that his Rusky mail order bride left him, he got laid off, and a I think he got kicked out of NC. for some breach of OPSEC. AFAIK he hasn't streamed in a year or so, and stopped streaming things not EVE related because he tried to get his girlfriend a new computer with donation money and his meager fanbase trolled the poo poo out of him for it.

The real hilarious thing about Mad Ani, was that he spent so much time blocking anyone in his stream chat that said a bad word against him, that he seemed to genuinely not know he was widely disliked. He then makes this thread on Eve-O asking for a job from CCP and it became one of the better threads in the history of Eve-O.
Falcon banned me twice for making mockups of his stream overlay.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

YouTuber posted:

PL doesn't have a capswarm style group where people tell you that you're not allowed to fly. There is a subforum and irc channel that give out pos locations and fitting standards but if you just tag along on cyno in your shitfit there is nothing people will do beyond mock you hardcore. PL expects it's players to sort their own poo poo out, very few things are centrally planned beyond staging points and staging pos.

No one is telling anyone what they can and cannot use, there is simply a base requirement for strat use / SRP.
This is just about the most forced complaint I've seen about how we organise anything, used to defend a super that can't use it's weapon system?
Weird.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

grymwulf posted:

I'm betting corporate reward payout is Incursions - since the rewards are issued by concord reward for the site being completed, not as bounties on the rats being destroyed.

Incursion payouts do show as corporation rewards, so this is likely the answer.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Kesper North posted:

This pubbie left an Ibis they'd ejected from on a POCO in Pure Blind, which I exploded due to boredom while hunting MOA. Their bio was cringeworthy enough to share:
Add a few titties and whips, and this is basically every bio in Star Trek online.
These people are too numerous

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

vitamin the d posted:

Goons are actually incapable of just not biting. For example: the yosposters who still reply to stymie in 2015.

Calling it 'biting' is just legitimizing what that poo poo for brains thinks he's doing.
In fact, he rather desperately hopes you think he's smart enough to troll and can't work out that just literally being retarded isn't some clever ruse that only he's in on.

It takes entirely too much to be banned in this thread. We have been forsaken.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

mikey posted:

I like the concept of the Cyclone, but it definitely still blows overall. All it's really getting is 10% more MWD speed (9% base), a minute amount of agility, and a range bonus it basically can't even use because it can't apply meaningful damage without a scram and a web (limiting it to a two-slot tank). The only reason anyone even uses the Cyclone at all is because bonused XLASBs are absurdly good in small engagements and it has enough CPU to fit one fairly comfortably.

A 3-BCS HAM Drake does 533dps from missiles and 633dps with Hob IIs. An equivalent Cyclone is only doing 395dps from missiles and 550dps with Hammerhead IIs, and it's got one less slot for tank and about 20% less EHP before considering the extra slot. The Drake has a 35% DPS advantage from missiles alone, meaning that even ignoring EHP, the Cyclone is worthless as a large-gang or fleet ship and not a very good kiter against anything other than other BCs (rendering any projection bonus basically worthless).

As for mobility, even after Vanguard it will have an 11s align time with MWD and a max speed of about 1450m/s, which doesn't even begin to make up for the lack of EHP and damage compared to other BCs-- nevermind that the Hurricane will have 95% of its speed and agility, far more damage with better application, more range flexibility with short-range guns, more EHP, a much better slot layout for brawling, and still has the same awesome dual utility highs (:rolleyes:). Even if you fill the Cyclone's two extra highs with 220mm ACs, you're barely breaking 600 paper dps, and the application is worse than all but the Drake's.

So among BCs it's still the worst brawler other than the Ferox, the worst kiter other than the Brutix, and the worst overall in large engagements, but it's 2/3rds as fast as a cruiser so we can't buff it at all, sorry guys.

You're not wrong, but you are forgetting it can select it's damage type, meaning the difference in actual applied damage vs the drake can be much smaller in many cases. You're also ignoring in your number crunching an XLASB fit will tank ~1000dps until it exhausts its charges, which can situationally be rather amazing.
As a bit of a hail-mary the HAM fit also fits a medium neut and small NOS(why would you fit ACs?). If you want to be a dick it's a cheap way of doing it, and no one expects anything useful to happen.

It's actually an awesome brawler within a small scope, similar in use to a Myrm.

Syndic Thrass posted:

Have you read this blog post?

http://targetcaller.blogspot.de/2015/09/goodbye-null-sec-hello-small-gang.html

Tal is leaving null for low-sec because of the pressure groups like MoA are putting on CFC. Being forced to defend them space and to participate in counter-entosis fleets just ain't fun to him. It's a good example how smaller groups can infact hurt goons.
This guy was wailing about how the Imperium does wars during provi. I don't think he really understood us at all.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Also, it's utterly unpredictable. For ex: Eve has a slightly dirty reputation for having a sturdy population of neo-Nazis. You can put loving 1488 in your player name, and CCP won't blink an eye (and might even give you a warning for harassing the guy in local over his white supremacist references)...

... right up until a self-avowed neo-Nazi runs for CSM, and generates a bunch of negative press for doing so, at which point CCP goes "we don't like racists" and frantically starts laundering their panties, forcing a rename for anyone with 1488 in their name.

Actually they didn't care that he ran and they let him run the previous year despite being fully aware of his views.
They only put a stop to it because a core few posters (basically the GSF Eve-O few) whipped up as much noise as possible until CCP took a soul searching few days to decide it wasn't kosher. Up till that point, they were still probating people in the thread and silencing people pointing it out, even going as far as to sanitise his post history of his racial purity rants without probating Fon himself.

Then there was one guy who was so literally grrGONS that he was supporting the neo-Nazi views on principle just because we were arguing against them.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Klyith posted:

The real story is that CCP thinks streaming and the AT can push interest in Eve for people outside the game. So they're gonna try to make the AT into something that's not really Eve anymore, a part of the game that's fair competition and free of metagaming. Which I think is pretty dumb because the AT is un-ficking-watchable to someone who isn't already into the game. It's really inside baseball.

mudstone posted:

i'm back in widot... someone please loving help me. also i watched AT and half the time donno what's going on... CCP expecting outsiders to watch it. That frankly blows my mind and they can't be that stupid... can they?
I pointed this out to CCP and they seemingly don't see the issue, believing that there are people who will consider Eve an eSport if they just try hard enough. Despite this there's not a sub-spike around the ATs so I don't know what metrics they go on; maybe it inspires unsubscribed players to come back?

It has zero hallmarks of a good eSport, principally that it is impossible to tell what is going on by watching the action on screen.
e: The other criminal problem with that as a marketing concept is that the experience on-screen can in no-way be replicated ingame, whereas with every Moba / SC clone you can actually do what you see on screen on an amateur level.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 7, 2015

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DarkMalfunction posted:

I feel we haven't had enough recipes recently, so here's Beans on Toast:

1) Peel back lid on plastic pack of beans (I recommend the brand Heinz), or open and partially cover can with clingfilm or the base of a plate. Microwave for about a minute or two, depending on microwave strength.
2) Toast some bread, either in a toaster or under a grill. Bonus points for using a George Foreman grill or a spit roast setup.
3) Optional: Butter bread - some people like it, some people don't.
4) Put beans on toast, ensuring maximum coverage without beans spilling off the side. Butter assists with this.
5) Optional: Lightly season with pepper/other spices - there's already more than enough salt in baked beans, so additional salt shouldn't be required unless you're one of those salty fucks crying about wh escalations. You can also get different flavours of baked beans to begin with, I quite like the spicy variety.
6) Get a responsible adult because you live in your mother's basement to cut the toast into triangular pieces.

I'm too lazy to actually go make some, so here's an MSPaint mock up of the finished product.

If you don't put Worcestershire sauce on your beans-on-toast you're worse than the boiled ribs people.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DarkMalfunction posted:

For those of us in the UK, for burgers I can wholeheartedly recommend Frankie and Benny's - the burger in my av is from there, a Black Pepper Mayo Burger which was loving ace. They also just generally do great Italian food and I spend way too much money and time there.

Frankie and Benny's is loving awful.
If you live in some complete shithole and it's somehow your only option, maybe, but basically anywhere half decent will have a dozen better local options.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DarkMalfunction posted:

source your quotes
I have a working palette.

It's a lovely chain using an oft-repeated theme to somehow justify huge markups on food largely carted in and 'cooked' by chefs that couldn't find work elsewhere.
Recommending them for burgers is especially bad, because even in the arena of "one in every town" there's actually edible stuff like GBK / 5 Guys that's not hard to find.

F&B is mildly impressive if you're like a first year student up to the point you get the bill then don't eat the rest of the month.

As an exercise try to find an F&B that breaks 3 stars on Yelp.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

causticBeet posted:

The worst part about all the impotent rage on Reddit is that it won't even amass to anything cool. Like how crazy and perfect for this game would it be if the lesser half of space united to try to purge goons over a failed Kickstarter and ~*the mittanis media empire*~?

But no, they're going to strategically retreat, caw on the way out, then shuffle around the south until this game finally keels over.

I don't disagree, but this is what you would want to do because you're playing the empire game. The eponymous they don't want to play sov wars, they want to largely do whatever it is they're doing. With fozziesov, there's even less reason for them to come and try to "take us down" than ever before. Nullsec has no conflict drivers for anyone not buying a ~~narrative~~ which is why you see so much over-wrought language on both sides.

The wailing monkeys are largely highsec nobodies who think someone should be sticking it to the Goons in 0.0 because miniluv is a thing and they can't organise to stop it.

I don't see all this "howling" and "screaming" and "primal screams" in anything posted on Reddit and it's honestly the same tier of jeering of the other side as you see ITT.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Yo have you seen marlona sky cause I mean there's one example of insane person screaming at max volume forever

Yeah there's some pretty unbalanced people, mostly on FHC, but if you filter out a couple of loud wailers the general consensus is more just "lol" and not whatever it is some people seem to think they're doing. The timer juke was legitimately funny, and you can't really saying they're over-egging it given there's a (frankly doomed) book in plans which will no-doubt make a large point out of sov-game fuckery that held us on in Fountain.

If the Imperium ~narrative~ is, as it seems to be, some form of "they're all hating us and plotting and what not" then just urgh. Because the general tone I get from the rest of the game is more akin to "post fozziesov we may as well just leave them in their ivory tower".

The viceroys plan is so devious because, assuming it works, it directly counters that mode of operation.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Look at that filth. It doesn't matter what you think of Mittani, goons, or this website. Treating a professional author with mean-spirited hate is a great way to ensure that EVE never, ever, gets a high caliber author.

Citizen Rat posted:

I didn't write the piece, so I don't know what the selection criteria was or how far the searching went. And no, the comment that you cited was just insulting. Sorry. "Harsh criticisms" aren't criticisms. They are not offered in good faith or with intention of critique. They are just insults hiding under the disguise of "just being honest~~."

This is my comment. I feel like there needs to be quite a lot of inherent bias to make a leap from reading what I wrote, to "mean-spirited hate". The sample was really bad. Properly, full on cringe-inducing bad, and made me avoid backing the KS like I was intending, which is why I wrote what I wrote. You have to, on your own assumption, then extrapolate "mean" and "hate" towards the author from that, because I said nothing of the kind.

I (when first hearing about the book) amazon-excerpted some of Jeff's other work and it all seems well written, so god knows why the samples are so bad. I assumed they were rushed, or incomplete, or something, ergo asking for more (better) samples.
Has Sion used the internet since 1998? Does he not get that for any single thing, you can find any number of people that hate it?

Assuming any criticism of the book is just "grr goons" is just one of the critical errors Sion's article makes.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'd say "dessies lol" was a pretty obvious troll, but this is the thread that just has to tell Garr Khan just how wrong he is every time he posts, so.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

blablablabla posted:

I got desses on my toonies cause wordies make me angries

Downvoting this comment

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Just out of curiosity what would you need for the big rear end fights just as a reference point?

Nothing/anything. There's simply too many objects for anything to do this. It's more a scale of "how far do I need to zoom out for a workable experience" which is always pretty far, but less so on a more modern card.
You'll be fine for anything; it's more "is your card made in the last 5 years" than "is it top tier".

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Countdown to Dromies being a goon trigger . . .

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

New page reminder that guy is low rent garr khan

Please just let the same idiots swing at it every. single. time.

It makes it easier to remember which people are retards whenever I check the thread.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

almighty posted:

Why don't you go swim in an acid vat somewhere?
I'm sure if he was a director, you'd be sucking up to him in an obnoxious attempt at recognition.

Like* I haven't played the game in 2 years and I can remember how loving annoying you are even now.

* - you're welcome, one guy

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

almighty posted:

Whoever the gently caress you are -I bet you were an obnoxious little poo poo- you obviously don't realise he used to be one on top of being a moderator, and I always treated him the same.

I specifically said director, because it was always a director who was around when you were loudly parroting their own opinions in their presence like you were about to get a cookie or something.

Oh and quick to be a whiny bitch was always your thing too. Guess that's still a thing.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

almighty posted:

Good, now that you had your shot to elaborate, I will demonstrate why the joke's on you:
Two years ago I was a couple of months old and completely clueless retard trying to learn the ropes of living in nullsec, and it is rather difficult to have opinions about something that you have no idea about. I didn't even know who was a director, or even what a director title meant in the whole hierarchy. This precludes me having an opinion on anything, much less parroting it around in front of directors that I didn't really knew back then.
Only after my first year I started to develop opinions as I felt that while I was still a clueless retard when it comes to certain activities, I was catching up on others. That is when I started to develop opinions and sharing them privately with people with more experience than me.
Since you already disclosed that you haven't been playing for two years, in light of the above, you are either trolling for attention, or you are delusional and pulling poo poo out of your rear end to garner undue attention. In either case, my suggestion for you is to go discover the nearest red light district from where you live, and use that location for your further attention-seeking activities.

It was about the time when you spent about 1/3 your life regurgitating whatever it was you thought the ~line~ was on gevlon threads and poo poo, mixed in with some really cringey boasting. I don't know when that was wrt your newbie status.
You knew exactly who was who by then and were such a sycophant I thought you were doing the "be useful" route to spying and just being poo poo at it.

I think you must know all this cause you'd not effort-post to a low flung troll, but I'm gonna just let you get back to whatever makes you happy.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Eonwe posted:

im literally just posting to have a laugh i don't want to own idiots or anything like that

Submitted without comment

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I tole him to not respond to the kurd hater

Yeah he proved my point so I'll stop.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Cyrelio posted:

I wonder if they will ever learn. https://zkillboard.com/kill/51642653/

FCON, always on the wrong side of highsec ganking.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Basically you guys every time Llama posts

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Yeah, not so much. I thought he was just one really committed garr khan troll but no he's just stupid as poo poo. Hell at this point even if he IS just a really method actor "pretending" to be stupid lol got u guys i was just foolin!!!, that poo poo doesnt fly anymore and he's still just as retarded

You just want that to be true because retarded is the only adjective you know, and it makes things easier.

It's just old-style trolling with all the same obvious tells.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

also you seem to only be able to read a single statement per post so I have a plan, I'm going to functionally repeat what I said in the second part of my post but use a picture instead
ok here goes

If the screaming llama guy is actually trolling, then this is what is happening

You need to add like 20 panels in the middle of goons calling him a retard over and over, and effort-posting to prove him wrong.

It's almost like that's the reason people troll .. . ?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

(trolling isn't just alternating between calling people a moron or retard)

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

oh my god shut up you have no idea what you're talking about
Problem for you is I do, and for what it's worth "im an angry nerd on the internet" got pretty old as a one-trick pony about 10 years ago.
But whatever man, keep just posting the same 2-5 insults over and over. Maybe in another 10 years it'll come back around again as being edgy.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

no you dont and your opinion is as worthless as the rest of your posting :)

You tried to demonstrate that I was wrong, but in doing so simply showed that you had completely missed the point. You then just fell back on acting like a 5 year old when that failed.
Your posting gimmick (limited to getting the last bad word down) doesn't really hold up when you can't R/O someone :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I didn't try to demonstrate anything :)

post stupid statement
back away
ignore callouts for it being a troll
respond with a completely unrelated thing to drag more people in
back away
ignore callouts for it being a troll
repeat loop

My point that you're biting a troll is self-evidently true unless you lack the gumption to see it, which is essentially the point.

• Locked thread