Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
There's no difference between energy weapons and conventional guns... and why that's a good thing.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

MoaM posted:

The people in that hypothetical have not physically attempted to like the thing yet. RIP Demos.

They think they won't like it based on the information they now have. I don't see the issue.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
If I blindly bought a product that didn't exist yet and then eventually saw it in its finished state and really didn't like what I saw, I'd try to get my money back. But apparently that's a laughable opinion and I should just buy the Product and force myself to try and like it regardless.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Awesome! The endless ghoul filled metro tunnels were my favorite part about Fallout 3. Glad Bethesda listened to its fans and brought it back.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

widespread posted:

SPEAKING OF GHOULS, fuckin' Brotherhood of Steel now hates ghouls for reasons unknown.

Because they're just generic bad guys now.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
So let me get this straight: every time you get experience now, including every time something dies, it makes a CHA-CHING sound? lol.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Yaos posted:

That's how it worked in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

That is most definitely not how it worked in New Vegas. Also nice edit.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Yaos posted:

Another leaked picture for you guys to enjoy. This time it's the garage.

Isn't this from a Fallout 3 mod?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Hmmm I'll just take this perk they replaced low int play through dialogue and game play with that makes it so every time I take any action I get XP.

*opens drawer* CHA-CHING! *takes glue from drawer* CHA-CHING! *takes ammo from drawer* CHA-CHING! *closes drawer* CHA-CHING! *steps away from drawer* CHA-CHING! *removes weapon from holster* CHA-CHING! *fires gun* CHA-CHING! *fires gun again* CHA-CHING!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Old Story posted:

Steam refund went through in like 20 minutes. Good thing there are systems in place to protect morons like me from myself.

Welp I should probably leave this thread now, goodnight goons

CHA-CHING!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

rap music posted:

I mean they look pretty good to me when you aren't squinting at them through 320p resolution. You can see the textures have some detail, reflective surfaces, etc.

https://vid.me/JqKx

e: and this is on a console

You posted a graphics comparison image between Fallout 4 and an alpha version of Witcher 3 to prove your point that Fallout looks better.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Buff Butler posted:

Something Awful Posters vs Valid Criticism

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

The Droid posted:

Fallout 3 sure fooled me then :stat: :wal:

noice

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

frajaq posted:

:lol:

Oh jesus christ I hope most NPCs talk like this

They will all sound like Rimalus Bruiant and you will like it goddammit.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Fergus posted:

So don't include the loving water?
Unless the water serves a purpose here but I'm having a real loving hard time believing all that water is related to gameplay

Theres at least 1 MJ12 Brotherhood of Steel ocean lab out there

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Bland posted:

lol are you for real

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Lets start with the story and setting: http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27085

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

I saw that page load and instantly wanted to shove that loser in a loving toilet face first.

uh ok

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Lemon posted:

I tried reading the thread but felt parts of myself coming loose inside, could someone summarize why this is going to be a bad game please?

Every time you gain XP a loud CHA-CHING! noise plays. When in combat this sound will play about once every two seconds. To make it worse, theres a perk that gives you XP randomly when you take any action such as opening a door.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

crabcakes66 posted:

For real though. This is probably one of the most annoying things I have seen so far and I hope to disable it on day one.

There will definitely be a mod within the first week that disables it. Its just baffling that Bethesda chose to put that in again after Obsidian had the good sense to realize it was a horrible design decision and removed it for NV.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Lemon posted:

Is this actually true?

Yeah and it's really distracting and large.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Fergus posted:

Did I strike a nerve? :banjo:

You're a loving moron.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Fergus posted:

Cheers mate!

Cheers, the worst kind of cringe worthy nerd imaginable!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Fergus posted:

No, black people can't be racist because they are prejudiced against.

Shut the gently caress up, put down the shovel, and stop posting.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

The video mentions white people in a negative context, for example... yes, casual racism, as you mentioned. And sexism. Not that we need to have a seminar on the ramblings of a couple random guys in some video, but they didn't come across very positively.

Counterpoint: You're also a fag.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Nooner posted:

spoken like a true human being

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Uh no? I liked Witcher 3 a lot but they're fuckin just different games. Witcher plays more like an ARPG than anything else. Is it a joke to say most of the NPCs in Witcher were just carbon copies? Did you even walk around the main city for a few minutes paying attention to your surroundings? There's like 2-3 models for 'street prostitute' that just get shuffled over and over - ditto for GTA5 to a lesser extent.

It's just weird how you fools have to compare every game like they're the same across the board when they're just not. I loved Witcher 3. I absolutely don't get how it 'ruins' Bethesda games.

Yeah but those random people are put there to make the games cities feel alive. Bethesda games do this too except instead of making it feel like theres 10,000 people in a city by putting people all over the place going about their lives, they just plop 4 extra NPCs with one line of dialog in random spots and they stand there pointlessly. You'd be crazy to deny that Noviograd felt more alive and interesting than any city in any Bethesda game ever.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

A bunch of useless guff NPCs that you pay no attention to at all and don't care about are a waste of time and resources, then

No its not. If done right, like in Witcher 3, it makes the game feel really alive.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

titties posted:

I am going to play the game and have fun but that definitely does not look tight

This is a reasonable post. Thanks for that.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Where'd you find these new leaked screenshots of Fallout 4?!?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
And lightsabers? In Fallout? Sweet mother of gusta. Preorders ahoy, goonsirs!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Xeremides posted:

In all seriousness, is that supposed to be a weird doll they have in there because of a recent miscarriage or is that actually what their baby looks like?

SPIN THE MOBILE TO CONTINUE

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Only 90's kids will remember the graphics of Fallout 4, the hit new game by Bethesda Softworks!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

'seen any elves?!!! HAHAHAHAHA' --todd howard's high school bully, probably

lol

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

A Curvy Goonette posted:

man i want to like this post, but my daughter has AIDS

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Bottom line is that Witcher 3 had a development budget of about 45 million whereas Fallout 4 probably cost a good deal more than double that.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Buff Butler posted:

30 million dollars of that was marketing (Carl's Jr. Geralt cup gently caress yeah). It cost them 15 million dollars to actually make the game.

loving cheaters.

TODD HOWARD: "CDPR was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

He just edited the number in. Check the page history but definitely a fair point.

EDIT: Definitely a fair point but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fallout 4's budget is lower. Most AAA games are actually in the 10-20 million range.

lol i don't think he edited that fella

• Locked thread