Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

I mean, I never even considered playing with that thing on to be a comfortable, convenient or good thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Daztek posted:

Now visit the Neogaf thread.

It's no better or worse than this, they just post a lot more.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Shugojin posted:

To be fair back when fallout 3 was announced NMA had people proclaiming it would be poo poo because you couldn't play it 1 handed

But I guess the nexus showed them what fools they were :smithicide:

nice

Rockybar posted:

multi-source interior lighting was modded fairly quickly into skyrim, just have to hope you can change rendering distances in the config files without breaking the game instantly

I'm definitely gunna be installing some graphics mods down the line, I just hope that the game is well optimised enough that that would even be worthwhile with my OC'd 7870 and i5 2500k...

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Hmm, will I switch it up or do the good ol' light armour/small guns characters I always do?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

frajaq posted:

Always go energy weapons and don't look back

I did this in Fallout 2 and it didn't go too well for me.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

graynull posted:

I'll be curious to find out if you can target individual body parts with melee/unarmed in VATS this time around. I want to punch faces, dammit!

You'll need the STR 4 perk that lets you mod melee weapons so you can attach a scope to your fists

sout
Apr 24, 2014

That is what is weird with Bethesda's Fallouts. Yet somehow they're still pretty enjoyable and I'm not entirely sure why.

"Graphics suck"
"Yeah but the story's pretty good"
"Na that sucks too"
"Well you're right there but the gameplay is solid"
"It's got its problems"
"Well, yeah, but the world is great"
"The world makes no sense"
"Yeah."

It Just Works.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

yea dude but is it like the WITCHER 3 (best game ever)?? I dont think so

I really need to play this stupid game at some point. People seem to like it, I have noticed.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

God bless America :911:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

titties posted:

Imagine if someone went to that bodybuilding forum and made a hundred posts in the kettlebell thread or whatever which all said "I don't work out and will not be buying kettlebells HOWEVER your kettlebells are complete poo poo because the witcher 3 had a big open world and better graphics"

It's like that except the sa FALLOUT 4 thread and they're not even going to FALLOUT 4

I dunno dude I've seen some dumb stuff on that forum

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm worried that I've spent more time in this dumb thread than I will playing the game.

I'm also worried that I hate myself.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Eonwe posted:

by the way this is my fallout 4 thread for stable people - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749747

all i ask is that you just post about a video game that you like, don't like, whatever and you don't argue like bitter children while you are in there

namaste

Seems like a good idea except for the fact that I missed :firstpost: and :synpa: so...

frajaq posted:

Also someone out there did a better map

Do the Ts stand for Todd?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Fallout 3 was actually very progressive in having the PC be partially colourblind :colbert:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

frajaq posted:

I love this

That's a cool 1440p jpg
Tunnel Snakes Rule :colbert:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Zombies' Downfall posted:

bbb...bbbbut....but... how will people know i'm old as hell then?

regdate :shrug:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Okay, I kinda don't wanna read spoilers but that one does not surprise me in any way at all.

Monster Brew Crew 4 Lyf

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

I wish there was some way barring an eventual mod I guess to disable some radio tracks, because boy howdy did I not like Civilization in FO3 and I continue to not like it in FO4.

Radio tracklist, I'll stay right here.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

Why can I not pet Dogmeat what the gently caress Bethesda

Because goons made fun of the animation in the trailer

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Dongattack posted:

Looks exactly like the first nude Skyrim mods, it's funny to watch the evolution.

It is, but I'd also rather not.
It's probably more disconcerting if they get really good.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Besides roleplaying, any reason not to join the BoS? I'm thinking I might just to get some MF cells. <3 Synths.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Pumpy Dumper posted:

someone made a mod that replaces the mini nuke projectile with your baby shaun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3GRn0Kv8iQ

Hahaha holy poo poo.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Gully Foyle posted:

Also, more of the outfits should count as thin so you can put armor over top.

Yeah. I'm still rocking the Vault Suit like the guys who would play Skyrim in Iron Armour just because it was in the trailer.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I've been rolling with Cait, mostly because I haven't found too many other companions yet but she doesn't scold me when I pick locks and general scavenging unknowingly made her really fond of me. She does like to comment on me picking up junk all the time. I need this surgical tray, okay? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Digital_Jesus posted:

Correct.

Theres even a tool-tip explaining to you that you can use the suit without a power core, but it has reduced functionality. No VATS, no Power Attacks.

Cores are not required for the suits to function.

Woah. Presumably you can't use Jetpacks and such mods?
Speaking of which, I can't actually see when the jetpack would be useful compared to other torso mods.
Still gunna shove it into one of my suits when I get the perks though.

• Locked thread