Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
You know what we need? Ginx mounts. Battle toads!

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Rolled up a sorc on Jedi Covenant, may as well come dork around with some goons. Who do I ask about a guild invite?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

look, reading OPs is hard okay

(thank you, I had forgotten)

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

waffledoodle posted:

This was interesting, at least when he's contemplating the possible dangers of popular storytelling all being templated to the Hero's Journey. Although I find it kind of hilarious how much it all unravels by the end. He also Godwins TO THE EXTREME, and while it's a fun question to think about, it's a flawed comparison, since the Emperor is the Hitler equivalent in Star Wars, not Vader. He's just Palpatine's top general. A more accurate question would be "would you forgive Rommel if he conspired against Hitler?" Also my question is more fun, because it's not even hypothetical!

Yeah, this is one of the more nonsensical things I've ever read, and they made us read Tristram Shandy in high school. Dude has about half of a good point and smears it across about ten thousand :words: .

Then again, I usually run full cackly dark side Inquisitor, so maybe I'm the Nazis?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Although there are some non-romanceable companions that like courting gifts. Forex is one of them.

Don't get any ideas though, Forex's only true love is the Glorious Republic. :colbert:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Taking a moment from the bittervet hour if we can, can anyone clarify if companion gear matters, or if it's purely influence/presence that determines their stats?

I was pretty sure companion gear is just cosmetic, but I'm having trouble chasing down any sources.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Last night we had a group of 4 people doing heroics/PvP for 6k+ guild conquest per quest/won match. It is real efficient and Real Fun!

Seconded. Shooting jerks with lightning for fun and profit!

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Apparently if you're subbed on February 1 you get a free "HK-inspired" jetpack. This is good news for many, so it will naturally infuriate current jetpack-havers.

Still. Jetpack!

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

we're trying to do a dread palace run tonight and still need people

there will be a lot of flailing so don't worry if that's all you can bring to the table

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Goonraid was a success somehow, thanks to all who came by.

Also congrats to our newest tank, who survived his trial by fire!

(literally, he was set on fire)

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

It's because the stats on adaptive armor are based entirely on the mods that you apply to them. "New" pieces of adaptive armor have no mods, and therefore no stats.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Hierarchy among the Sith is based on how silly your hair is anyway. Why did you think Marr always wore that helmet?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I just couldn't get into FFXIV. It was... too MMOey for me, I guess :D

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

You. You're part of the problem.

If I'm going to be spending hours an hours wandering around huge zones looking for quest markers, the game should at least meet me halfway and let me carry a lightsaber while doing it. :colbert:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

It's the final operation so it's supposed to be a bit more difficult. In reality, story mode is still easy with the exception of Underlurker (3rd boss) which still has a heavy DPS and Healing check. That combined with the fact that the loot is mediocre makes it a tough one to PUG.

So when are we doing it, then?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I'm down.

:bandwagon:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

How do I get legacy cargo hold? I am supposed to get one for free with the stronghold intro quest which asks me to buy a stronghold but I bought it before I got that quest...

If you take the quest and then visit your stronghold, it should still count. Then you get the rest in the mail.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I'll be putting together a ToS 8-man story mode run in about two hours now. We might hit up eyeless afterward depending.

Be there or be square!

EDIT: Assembling now~

Dalris Othaine fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 21, 2016

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

We had a good turnout for Temple of Sacrifice and made some good progress! Grots to goons who got goodies.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Colonial Air Force posted:

Converting Jaesa in the Sith Warrior storyline :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_k6hAVmn8Q

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Question for my fellow Space Barbie enthusiasts. I was thinking it could be fun to put my Warrior in a yellow track suit à la Uma Thurman's character in Kill Bill, but I'm having trouble finding a good chestpiece for that. There's plenty of pants with a vertical stripe, and the rest is also pretty easy, but I've literally got no ideas for the chest other than "browse all of TOR fashion".

Mind, I might end up with that anyway since I have some downtime coming, but maybe one of you goons could save me a few mind numbing hours? :shobon:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah :saddowns: This is why unless I'm on at least a half-premade I go in fully expecting to lose and just go and do whatever. If the team has a brain, I'll help out. If not, then we let fate decide. It's a little Galt's Gulch, but it keeps me sane.

Confucius Say: If you rely on victory for happiness and you rely on pubbies for victory, you will end up punching a hole in your monitor. :bang:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

that said, holy poo poo was medullah right about madness spec for sorcerers. if you want PVP easy mode roll up a sorc and go madness

still not admitting to caring though

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Rich Uncle Skeleton posted:

Anyone else make a point of getting all the datacrons? ... Oh well, at least I can proudly say that I am a Galactic Datacron Master on my resume.

You and me both, goon buddy! :hfive:

:suicide:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

"Useless due to overpoweredness"? That makes no sense...

I was trying to unpack that one too - maybe they're useless because if you bring such an overpowered companion to the fight, then there's nothing left to do so "why even"? Thus, if bringing along a companion breaks things, and crafting is messed up for you too, then companions would be sans use. However,

Medullah posted:

sounds like you just hate the game, so probably best to uninstall and unsubscribe.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

:confuoot:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Kainser posted:

At least you can do the fleet one solo with some relogging.

...tell us more of this. :stare:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

I personally ran SoR 16 times just to get Ziost gear

:ohdear: And.. you're alright?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

erryone just jealous of my giant hutt bell hat

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

pinkk posted:

Ah okay. I'll guild bank it.

Heads up: Putting a bunch of gear and mounts in the guild bank. First come first swerve

ilu catfood

E: also jesus all this hk-whatever stuff. ideally next year we'll get hk-69

STATEMENT: I AM GOING TO PENETRATE ALL ORGANIC MEATBAGS :awesomelon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEYwRxyJLuU

Dalris Othaine fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 12, 2016

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

Nonentity has graciously offered to donate a warbot and an unstable dual saber from the new packs for a prize giveaway.

Unless I come up with something different over the weekend, I'm leaning towards a straight lottery, with the entry cost being one flagship encryption. I'll hash out the details later, but maybe this will give people more of an incentive to hit their conquest goal this week.

Aww, I have to work a lot this week. drat you, actual jobs!

(gl gunes may the odds be ever in your favor)

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I mean...okay, the story is basically just the unholy spawn of Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 3, and oh my god how many loving Skytroopers can they possibly throw at me, but other than that.

You say that like "Mass Effect 2 + Dragon Age 3 + Star Wars" isn't basically a recipe for the best thing ever. :colbert:

Fake edit: Marrlie's Angels?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

The one true Jaess would NEVER be seen with Kira or Nadia. Unless she was bathing in their blood as she tore them apart with her bare hands.

So you didn't see this year's "naughty padawans" calendar, I take it?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Colonial Air Force posted:

First Google result for "naughty padawans"

http://kliqzcamelot.org/Salixbabylon/Stories/Padawans.html

:nws: obviously, but only mildly so

I was talking about the second Google result. I don't have to invent terrible things to invoke in these threads, the Internet provides.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I see, it's like a meta commentary. A large space post about a large space game!

But yeah, uncommon saber with a special blade effect, try 30 million, then bring it down if it doesn't sell. 15mil if you're in a hurry.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Empress Theonora posted:

actually it was cool and good

Still has better characters than the Thrawn Trilogy. :v:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

prefect posted:

:lol:

It actually plays pretty well with all of the characters I've tried so far, because he's not saying you're special because of the Force; you're special because you have Protagonism flowing through your veins.

A hundred times more powerful than Isotope-5! Able to power character shields for all eternity! It's... protagonium!

Crindee posted:

Tonight I noticed the Pubs hadn't captured their pylon after a minute, so I rushed in to help whoever was fighting them for it, and found ... no one. They just didn't bother to take it. We were up at that point, but not by much, they could've turned it around if it hadn't been for me helping myself to a free pylon. Poor lil' fellas.

Yeah, pvp pug teams are.... exceedingly variable in competence. :v:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

quote:

I'd like to show you exactly what this subreddit is all about. Posting this thread in a way that mocks BW and myself for calling them out. Isn't that ironic?

BIOWARE COME DEFEND MY YOUR E-HONOR AGAINST THESE TERRIBLE REDDITORS :qq:

:allears:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I only just got to balmorra and I'm level 35. What happens if I cap before I finish the story? Anything? Or it's just a situation where you can go back and finish the story if you want to?

Nothing. You can still do everything except gain character XP.

e: f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Givin posted:

I realize he isn't around very long and doesn't have the time to develop like say Mako but being the only real true dark side companion I think he should have got a little more fleshing out.

look if there's one thing skadge doesn't need it's more flesh :v:

• Locked thread