Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ariza posted:

is that the first curling fatality?

No. The first is always dignity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ariza posted:

Have you seen how good they can broom? I'd love if my wife was a professional curler person.

In real thoughts, I live in a poor icy city that has curlers curling in public in the winter and it's the most boring thing that I've accidentally stumbled upon. I'd really rather watch fat people run on a treadmill.

My cousin is literally an Olympic medalist for Canada for curling. Yeah.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Eponine posted:

Is it so hard to be there for your partner who is clearly blinded by grief even if you don't have the moment when you say, "I told you so, honey!" Just be there for her and spend less time posting about it on the Internet.

Yeah, when the reason the person is upset is because of a spoiled brat with no concept of consequences. I wouldn't be saying "I told you so", but I would be laying out for her just how badly things could go, and how it was the niece's fault. Just like this guy. Because if you can brace them for the worst, your partner will be less devastated in the long term. It's like getting a cancer diagnosis and telling them it's nothing vs. saying you have five months to live. If you say it's nothing, they're going to be blindsided.

Edit: Jesus gently caress worst snipe ever.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

88h88 posted:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh you're wrong there buddy. Sorry you get angry about people on bikes when you're in a car and moving your right foot is all you need to do to get past them.

(that gif IS funny though)

Nah, motorcycles can, but bikes in a lot of places are supposed to be single file on the side of the lane, specifically so cars can pass without going in to the oncoming lane. It's about traffic safety and flow.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

chitoryu12 posted:

Didn't Mike Tyson actually sort out his issues and become a really chill dude who regrets how crazy he used to be?

http://miketysonbitcoin.com

Nnnnnnnope

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Atticus_1354 posted:

Well for the people inside the US it is a good indicator of not only geographic location, but also potential cultural perspective.

He's saying it's geocentric without realizing geocentrism is the point. People outside the US don't matter to that mindset.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

That's a lot of hair grease.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

amityville anus posted:

it's a crying shame we haven't got technology to store roadside piles of solid water in case of fire

Snow? Only works in cold countries. Maybe some sort of link to a large supply of water, maybe managed by a local municipality. And put a flexible conduit on the linking point?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

AlphaKretin posted:

I'd like to imagine he's taking the pan to charge at whoever is holding the camera. :laugh:

It'd be funnier if he was cooking and needed it. "Where's the frying pan?" ”In here, come get it!" ”Why the hell is iOuch! *grumble* just wanted scrambled eggs..."

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

FAROOQ posted:

It's kinda weird we've never had a situation where law enforcement has shot and killed a person claimed to be charging at them.

Seems like he deserved to die.

Man says he will not be taken alive, is not taken alive. He was a man of his word. Are you dishonouring him? Are you calling him a coward?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Birb Katter posted:

You obviously don't understand how precedent works then.

He is advocating criminal acts. Roosh is literally inciting criminal behaviour. This is the totality of the man's actions. Your system sucks, BUT IT GOT THIS ONE RIGHT. Criminal activity is legitimate grounds for denial for entry anywhere.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Telemaze posted:

This is the truth. Back in the day I got a desperate job as a telemarketer selling "carpet cleaning appointments" (really trying to get people to buy overpriced vacuum cleaners). It was soul crushing and humiliating and paid $6 an hour plus commission, which I got once the entire time I worked there. They were always finding some reason to not pay commissions.

But at the time it was either be a telemarketer or have no money for the child I was raising. So telemarketing won.

I don't have the heart to gently caress with people who do that for a living, they have enough problems already. I guess schadenfreude is on me for being a poor?

I don't care about most telemarketers, but I will ABSOLUTELY gently caress with the criminal ones. Calling and misrepresent your company (you are not from Microsoft), or that I have a virus (I haven't turned on my desktop in months), you are engaging in criminal behaviour and while I can't get you arrested, I can save someone else.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Tiggum posted:

In my experience they don't actually say Microsoft, they say they're calling for Windows support or something. And how do you think you're saving anyone

Because if the agent is on the phone with me, he's unable to call anyone else. Simple physics. And I have absolutely had ones who say they're from Microsoft.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Groda posted:

What's the ethnic slur for French Canadians? I need to know it.

Québécois

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Dillbag posted:

Who knew the shittiest derail of 2016 up to this point was going to be about watches, of all things.

The griefing thread got goldmined, so here's an autistic Russian child screaming about Minecraft for 5 minutes. Do yourself and your neighbours a favour and turn your sound way down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt3WUtq9kIs

Also, watch to the end. It finishes strong.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

MisterBibs posted:

Dude, it was your movie or friggin' Star Wars, get over it.

(Or don't, because Tarantinfreude is Good Freude)

He's an idiot, and is on the same level as Kevin Smith. Disney won't give a poo poo that an 'ex-employee' from a decade ago won't deign to return.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'm sure other posters can talk your ear off about it, but for me the main problem was that the action scenes never had any stakes or really any reason for existing. Which is a shame, because they genuinely did look pretty cool in a power metal music video sort of way.

In addition to the action being boring due to lack of stakes, the entirety came off very exploitative. It's one of three movies I'm actually upset I wasted time watching even though it was free.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

BONZAAAAAAIIIIIIII DROP!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I too do not see the allure of pretty much any sport except archery. That being said, I did lose my hearing at age 5 accompanied with very mild brain damage so maybe I just skipped the "Sports!" portion of boyhood that other kids get.

It's not being deaf that did it, since I'm hearing, if you want to narrow down reasons

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

repeating posted:

This video is not available. Sorry about that.

You mean "breaks"? I have never had a "cigarette break" in my life, beyond sneaking out randomly when there's 2 minutes of slack time in the middle of rush with the blessing of my coworkers.

Every job I've had where people smoke they take more than their allotted breaks. Four smoke breaks on a four hour shift wasn't uncommon.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Post has been removed. :(

Can anyone break down the 'freude for me in layman's terms?

It was fake. Short version is guy said he ran command to delete some files, accidentally deleted all files for a company, asked for help. Community told him to do a low level copy to a blank drive so he could work on retrieving it without further risk, reversed the command and copied the blank on to the deleted drive.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Who gives a poo poo? Are you their mommy, or their boss? If they're getting their work done and functioning, keep your big fat nose out of it.

The amount of productivity you get from a happy and mentally balanced worker who is able to take a breather when needed is SO MUCH MORE valuable than the 'lost productivity' of the breaktime, it's insane. And, the amount of breaks someone needs during a work day is going to be different from person-to-person, not something that can be systemtatically allotted in an effective way. And yeah, some people may go to far with it, in which case, if it IS a problem, let their boss handle it. And if you're their boss, seriously evaluate if it's having an effect on the team, or if you're just exercising petty control.

gently caress you, them taking 40 minutes worth of breaks instead of 15 which then the nonsmokers have to cover IS my business. It's retail, there's always poo poo to do, and what they don't do, I have to. An office environment where everyone has their own poo poo to do, I would not care.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Dex posted:

you're the same dude who gleefully admitted to wasting your time loving with telemarketers who earn less than ten dollars a day, i don't think your time is actually that valuable so who cares

Not telemarketers, scam artists selling fake computer fixing, don't misrepresent the situation, and personal time is different from work time. I don't gently caress around at work. And excuse me for not wanting to cover people for their addiction. My schadenfreude is knowing I'm better than you, because apparently I can afford personal time once in a while to gently caress with criminals, whereas you're so pressed for time you can't even post factual information.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Note: I'm actually terrible and Dex is a solid poster, I'm sorry.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, sounds like the guy still wants to be friends with the dude who fleeced him out of 300k and is hoping that the rest of the legal system just solves things for him while he remains free of responsibility.

Interesting legal question here: could the donators sue/get charges laid?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Basebf555 posted:

He's disguised as one of the enemies in the game, because each enemy can potentially drop their armor. So he collected the full armor set from that area, killed the guy that was standing there, and took his place. Then when someone comes in to invade, they have no way of knowing that the enemy standing there is actually the player.

When you invade another players world, the computer controlled enemies are on your side. So just standing perfectly still in that spot, dressed up in that armor, will fool an invader into thinking you aren't actually the player.

Except you can lock on to the player, you can't lock on to resident enemies. So those people are double stupid.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

President Ark posted:

there's a bunch of videos like that on youtube and some people are clearly doing that (they catch the hider almost immediately) so it's not everyone

they're obviously not going to put the 80% of people who catch on right away in the video because that would be boring, they're going to include the 20% who bumble around like idiots

Yah, I know, I'm just pointing out the stupid ones are even dumber than they look.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

CaptBushido posted:

The guy you quoted is toxxing that Hillary WILL be the president.

Although maybe you're implying that the schadenfreude is on the American public in which case: :ortiz:

That's how it works? You post and toxx for her to be president. There's a different thread to toxx for trump.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

snergle posted:

I don't wanna be that guy but can we leave political schadenfreude to the salt factory. The twitter one was funny though

No thanks, I don't go there because I don't wanna read 5,000 posts of goons bitching. Please bring good schadenfraude here, political or not.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yeah, WWE tables are gimmicked to break super easy, I think they're made of particle board? Japanese wrestling or the more hardcore American feds will use just straight up wooden tables that will not break as easy.

Speaking of tables I remember a story of some indie fed, I THINK it might have been CZW? Where they had a match where they lit the table on fire.They poured lighter fluid all over it and when the dude got smashed through it, the fluid basically ran down onto his body and he got awful 3rd degree burns over his chest.

Not gimmicked, just cheap. They actually use the tables to bleed momentum. Makes hitting the floor/mat hurt less.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Inco posted:

As someone who has had a person in a car merge into my lane while I was on a motorcycle, you can jump off a bridge. The guy was absolutely right to get mad as hell, because it's fuckheads like that person who don't know how to drive that get people killed.

Ride a vehicle with some safety features, then bitch about killer drivers.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Chichevache posted:

Power Rangers look cooler. :c00lbert:

Related and content. This is horrifying road rash that I never want to feel.

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=8b6_1458970372

Extremely:nms:

Fair enough, snarky statement retracted. Not like I'm a fan of drivers over motorcyclists anyways. Driver ran over my foot while I was in a crosswalk, and my friend got hit in the face by a car sticking his face out into traffic to see if it was safe to cross (it wasn't). I'm just also sick of the cyclists who think that whipping around cars in no passing areas is cool and fun.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

LeJackal posted:

......I can't tell if you're exceptionally stupid or just unbelievably privileged.

Right, separate but equal bars. Don't come to ours, we won't go to yours.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Can't tell if y'all are being willfully ignorant or you legit can't see the problem a gay person might have with straight people going to their bar.

Don't agree with LeJackal, even if you agree with him.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Takes No Damage posted:

We should be so lucky. I started to feel bad about watching a man die but then I noticed the bull was covered in its own blood from all the spears sticking out of its back and all my unhappy feelings just went right away :unsmith:

Stab the matador's in the knee before the match, make the odds 50:50 then I'll watch.

"I used to be a matador until I took a sabre to the knee"

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Just distribute one gun to each person who buys a ticket as they enter the theater.

More guns means more safety.

Well to be fair, if the guy is standing at the front of the theatre, everyone would have a good shot at him. 200 people vs. 1? They might hit him!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Google is just a loving terrible company all around.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

At the risk of being cliche, what was his goal? Obviously not to pick up the snake, or an egg.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Zipperelli. posted:

Guns can be bought with no background check at your local gun show as well.

Which is where a lot of guns are sold nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Panfilo posted:

The cynic in me says wikileaks or whoever could end up proving he committed massive tax fraud and I don't think it would hurt his campaign much. :(

You're not cynical enough, wiki leaks is in the bag for Trump. Look up assange's comments on Clinton.