Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Christ, finally caught up with the thread. What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Hell yeah threads back

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Need more cattes, there's been a lack the last few pages :(

E:

Goobs posted:

My cat is old and will be put down next weekend. I am in grief. 17 years old, he had a good run. He has a mass in his stomach, a heart arythmia, fluid In his stomach among other things. :(

Sorry to hear it buddy :(

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Ahaha. This many years in and they still can't even get 'spaceships sitting there, not moving' right. Amazing.

e: 1:20 to 1:25 is beautiful.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Dogs are better but cats are ok too.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

One of my dogs is 13, and deaf now. He's the sweetest most affectionate dog though, and I just spent half an hour hugging him because of this thread. Thanks thread.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Goobs posted:

Rest in peace Kitsa. My fuzzy bobble head friend. I'm a loving wreck right now.

Really sorry to hear it buddy, condolences.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

:kayak:

Good work whoever got this

:kayak: :kayak: :kayak:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Xaerael posted:

I bashed this out really quick, but here's the fuckin' thread logo.

Rad

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

alphabettitouretti posted:

hey guys reddit is trash but I like to have an account with plenty of age, just in case :smug:

The first time a redditor has considered older to be better

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Aha, from the comments:

"No space sim has ever reached the fidelity and complexity of star citizen (even in its current alpha state)"

Come on buddy. Come on.

E:^^^^^ hell yeah. I will never get bored of seeing happy pets.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Get-Out posted:

Yes please, dogs and cats are large part of the appeal of this thread.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Dogges r gud.

I can't get over how rad this little guy is

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

notoriousman posted:

On the one hand, $35 is far more conservative a price than I would assume.

On the other hand, I could have smoke blown up my rear end for far cheaper.

I feel like they're going for quantity here rather than price, at $35 the shitizens who aren't totally disillusioned yet will probably still buy a few. With more people starting to go 'hey wait a minute' after the ToS change etc, I doubt they'd manage to sell them for the extortionate prices of previous jpegs

e: catte tax

Maw fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 16, 2016

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

What does lti do?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

I mean obviously nothing because lol this game won't ever be a real game but what's it meant to do?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

As of right now? Nothing.

In some weird alternate future where SC actually gets made? Saves you some IGC every month on keeping your ship insured, making it so you can never permanently lose your $800 Shitwagon

Aha wait so in theory if this game was made you could crash whatever the cheapest ship was into some guys hundreds of dollars worth of ship and it'd be gone forever? I changed my mind this game is the best

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Maw posted:

I changed my mind this game is the best

No it felt wrong and weird to say that :(

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Atreiden posted:

Why are both guys on the space scooter naked? I don't think I have ever seen concept art, where the artist thought "eh I'll just draw the guys naked" before.

The clothes just stopped rendering when they went through an airlock, that's normal.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Chalks posted:

Someone who can be bothered please make a twitter account for this stuff

I've considered it but am far too lazy to actually do anything about it :(

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Chalks posted:

It's a dark day for Star Citizen when none of us can be bothered to make fun of it. :effort:

If nobody has done it by the time I get home from work I'll do it. Probably. Or if I get bored at work I suppose.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

MoMA do you have any pets?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Coolguye posted:

I saw a request for dogges like 25 pages back so here we go

My little homie Chip made a buddy

These are good and cool

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

:five::five::five::five::five::five:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

tuo posted:

It's funny how they treat each other.

I'm not even sure what they're discussing but it sounds less like immersion and more like lovely game design no matter which option they pick

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

MedicineHut posted:

Not many LTI related complaints so far...

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/333856/lti-back-on-the-caterpillar-what-the-hell

Submission is pretty much complete.

"they have to have LTI on it if it's a bundled package because of a limitation with their system not because they wanted to curb stomp early cat owners."

But but but there's no limits to what SC can do (except limits that mean they need more money I guess)

e: "They could have hacked together some frankencode for it, but didn't really want to, which is generally smart"

That doesn't sound like cig at all

Maw fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 18, 2016

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

EminusSleepus posted:

Take a look at @EliteDangerous's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EliteDangerous/status/744189114774327296?s=09

A potshot to yellow is the new black claimed by rsi on their yellow dragonfly lol

:eyepop:

e: drat it, beaten by pgabz and not refreshing before posting

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

SurfaceDetail posted:

My cat wont eat wet food. gently caress that weirdo wont even eat tuna

Huh. My cat won't leave me alone if I open a can of tuna until I let her lick the can. Just constant headbutting the backs of my legs and mewling.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

SurfaceDetail posted:

picture of my catte

A good catte imo

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

More cattes

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

trucutru posted:

Next: The RSI Ephebus (Space Ice-cream truck)

:golfclap:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

AP posted:

EXPECTED RESULT

The range of platform numbers should be listed as 01-02, there is no platform 00

Arrays are hard :(

E:
Dead Space 4 looking pretty shoddy :/

Maw fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jun 20, 2016

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

The lack of pants reveal is my favourite part of this.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

I mean trousers but these forums have Americanised me :(

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Erenthal posted:

I'm just glad they they found a way to add this dedicated fan to the game!

e: the original filename on CIG's site for this photo is satan.jpg, which makes me unreasonably happy.

W...why is this on CIGs site? I feel all the time I spent getting a job was time I should have spent keeping up to date on happenings

Best filename though

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

tuo posted:

Open development

I can't get over this existing on the CIG website. This is apparently the thing about SC that astounds me.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

I refuse to accept that SC is 'indie', or 'successful', or a 'game'.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

JAMES BELLEND

Postin' from a few pages back but hahaha

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

tuo posted:

I don't want you to hate me. I will do my best that the pictures are as less hateable as possible! (if that is not a valid english sentence (it seems off to me), I am very sorry, but my friends that speak that language had to leave my country (Germany, Heidelberg/Mannheim), I am getting more and more rusty in it by the day, sadly, as it is not my native tongue).

E: I am also mostly joking...I just can't translate it very well. So the best idea is to not take me serious.

It pleases me that you closed all the parentheses correctly here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Lazrin posted:

thats the point. no one needs derek smart to tell anyone any of this. its painfully obvious the troubles the project has and will have.

so you follow him and worship him for being captain obvious?

Paaaaaaaarp

• Locked thread