Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Ozz81 posted:

Guessing a name change happened at some point

No, they're quoting wet butts post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

I heard Adolf Hitler was the person who originally abolished the weirdoariums where Europeans would put kidnapees on display in little fake savage villages that they built for them wherein they would hem hawed at by the genteel. Now we've rebuilt them all and call them Internet communities, into which the weirdoes are corralled thinking they chose to join on their own volition.

Just curious, what do you think hem haw means?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I just know a man and his dog from the restaurant industry thread, where he mentioned that he hoped a coworker "liked to get down" and now any time he says anything somebody makes fun of him for it. Funny to see that it seems to be all he talks about in any thread.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Gatekeeper posted:

I've not a uterus within me, and schwarzeneggering a cavity in my abdomen Junior style is off the table too, so I don't have to worry about knocking any buns up my oven. but im still curious about this: why can't you eat cold cuts whilst pregnant? and how do IQ points factor into this cold cut business?

i'm a boars head beastie, not gonna lie. its not ALL i eat or anything autysmal like that, but i definitely enjoy a nice cold cut hero when i can get one: a good ol' turkish sammler, piled high with smoky sliced prov, crispy lettuce, juicy 'maters, veins of tangy mayo, all slapped inside a toasty italian breadloaf. it's extremely my poo poo, and i pride myself on making the meanest turked sanduskies in town. so it's a bit disconcerting to hear that my beloved sammaturks are off limits for expecting mamas. can a turksam really make a fetus turn stupid? :ohdear:

I want you to re read all of that and answer your own question.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"schwarzeneggering a cavity in my abdomen Junior style" is one of the greatest phrases i've read in a while so i'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with this

I was fine with the first paragraph, and even into it, but then it just kept going.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Gatekeeper posted:

and thank you to everyone who explained how moms munching deli meats leads to busted fetal headmeats.

my mom never ate any cold cuts while i was up in them guts but when she was three months pregnant with me, my dad forgot to tell her that he had gotten some pot brownies from a work-bud, and she ate a couple of em while she waited to watch the Challenger launch. she said it was a pretty bad fuckin afternoon. how this relates to her loinproduct's use of the word sammaturk thirty years later? I'd have to ask a doctor. like, a weed doctor.

Hey man it’s all good, everybody needs an editor. You have a unique voice and I’m cool with it, it just might not be my bag.

I also feel compelled to tell you that “up in them guts” is absolutely slang for loving, not being a fetus in a womb

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Gatekeeper posted:

the forums are a lot like a young niece or nephew, cousin maybe, like a six or eight year old i guess, and you can practice talking to people with them. if you say something stupid they'll let you know by how they react but it won't be in a mean way so your feelings don't get hurt. you can try out new material and when they laugh a lot and smile you can say to yourself "ok im gonna save that one for when im buying an energy drink from the pretty cashier at circle k"

emptyquoted posts are the forums equivalent of your lil cousin just cracking up, laughing his stupid lil head off at you. you know that's a good one to save for real life

Oh yea for sure dude I definitely regularly associate with people who have the mind of a 6 year old.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

alright. put that poo poo in the oven, or let it sit next to a radiator and half a dozen lit candles if you dont have an oven. set the timer for 30 minutes. now while you have the time, i dont think its fair to call fans of rare games pedophiles. its true that victims of sexual abuse are more likely to go on and offend in later life but correlation does not necessarily imply causation

I.N.R.I posted:

Youre almost ready to dig in to these delectable salami and king prawn ginger cookies, but you need to let these delicious mother fuckers stand for 15 minutes because they will be piping hot when you take them out of the oven. While you're waiting, Id like you to take a look at exibit 1: footage of todd howard personally feeding peanut butter to a starving malawian baby. you just have to manually type this youtube link into your chosen web browser

I.N.R.I posted:

Youre gonna love this recipe. not only is it gluten free and loving digusting, its also rife with 15-30 minute time slots which i can use to educate you about the poo poo that really matters. now put on some chet baker and strap the gently caress in.

[1600 webcomic pages later]hink that if youre going to run a mayoral campaign on a pledge to implement full cycling coverage in a major city, you may as well go all in and fully separate the bike paths from the vehicle lanes instead of just painting them onto the existing roads which solves nothing, it just increases congestion and pisses off motorists and cyclists equally. anyway this ties in nicely to my point about bringing japanese games to the west without a proper dub, or worse, dubbing it and then neglecting to include an option for the original japanese audio.

well ive said my piece. enjoy your parboiled eggplant and raw salmon taco you absolutely savage unit. youve earned it

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

[Alexa]: Now. Toss the cayenne siracha mix with a big dick amount of salt. You think that is too much salt? Think again. More. You monster. You absolute unit. Next, throw that sum-bitch steak in the bowl. Coat that meaty monster on all sides until it looks like you’ve given it every STD in the world. Hell yeah. While it’s absorbing that spicy salty goodness did you know that in over 85% of HPV cases the infection clears on its own? In fact many people never even realize they had it in the first place. This is why I prefer not to tell my air quotations intimate partners close air quotations super unsexy details like this when they honestly won’t even notice even if they do catch it. Now, back to the steak END OF PAGE 221

“Alexa, next page”

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

ÑAMbLA, assuredly.

Old timey Mexican-Chicagoan mobster: ¿Nyeambla, sííí?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
What’s so amazing about that quote is how little embellishment there is. All of those things happened pretty much as described.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Still, I encourage everyone to read all her posts, and actually pay attention to what is being said. Maybe even read the entire WoW thread to get more context. Even if you disagree with the poster, it's very elucidating regardless, and there are lessons to be learnt from both sides of the discussion.

It’s bad enough we have to read you guys talking about it in this thread. Go talk about it with her in the other thread.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Saying a group of people is racist is racist

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

That’s why it’s so popular overseas too, particularly in less well-off areas.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I dunno what you want. Never said I was fluent in French. Ad hominem insults suck, I think people should try not to be fucks to each other without reason. I'm okay being an iconoclast, though! :downs: Anyone got a funny quote to share?

Real ballsy to contribute to a derail, get made fun of for it, then request other people pick up the thread again, and then continue on with the derail two posts later.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
We’ve all spent so long on this “comedy” forum that nobody can recognize a joke any more.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Well i recognize you

:hmmyes:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Aww that’s incredible. BloodyHedgehog is a treasure. Shouldn’t it be II or III by now though?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Inceltown posted:

I can confirm that they do gently caress and it's usually me that the gently caress.

More like Incestown

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Acoustic. You’re all thinking of the word acoustic

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I gotta imagine that's how all y'all roll, because trust me: after I've been schlogging in a hot, humid kitchen for 10 hours, you do NOT want me to take my shoes off until I've had a shower and changed my socks and shoes. The feet of the fry cook are phenomenally funky.

Well, having lived with a chef for a few years, I definitely don’t want you walking around the house in your kitchen shoes either. The dog might love it though

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
PIRATE...is a WOMAN! with a ‘HOOK’

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lmfao he was probated for that? Worth it

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

Internet Explorer is trying hard to be the new Moon Slayer when it comes to arbitrary probes.

It’s very funny that the mod’s reasoning was that black people (in tech) wouldn’t like to be reminded about the history of enslavement wrought upon them.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Mod: *hands out probation as a joke*
Also Mod: *probates poster for making a joke on a comedy website’s forums*

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

i mean those were entirely different people...? moon slayer was the one going too hard on comedy sixers and internet explorer was the one who probed for the joke

IE is not the only mod who probes for jokes, nor was MS the only mod to do comedy 6ers

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

believing this sort of crap is sort of their wheelhouse. otoh someone can believe or claim to believe this and still use the onion to fake tears and that sort of thing is also extremely their wheelhouse.

i'm a little sympathetic if it isn't being faked because something like that can be legit traumatic and many of these people had no idea what they were messing with. in this case it wasn't so bad compared to say, the lady who got basically just executed or even just the guy who accidentally tazed his balls until his heart gave in.

If you feel any sympathy for them then buddy you put the simp and the pathetic in sympathetic

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Bobby Digital posted:

It’s a Simpsons quote

https://youtu.be/5Le4sGUeXTk

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Empty Sandwich posted:

I much prefer Little Caesar's to Domino's or Papa John's, but I'd rather make my own

Nice. Flour, water, yeast, or...?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I don’t know about “language classroom” but he was the mascot for Creative Writer and Fine Artist, two programs I spent way too much time with in the mid-late 90s.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
What is that, a coffin for ants?