Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
loving cunting Amazon's lovely loving Kindle service making this retarded loving rented math textbook not loving available on loving Cloud Reader so I have to loving dig out my lovely old loving 2013 Nexus 7 tablet to squint at instead of my nice loving 17" laptop. First day starting school tomorrow, off to a loving brilliant start.

I may or may not have anxiety about taking this lovely little Math 083 class (3-week winter semester btw) after the ruinous, drawn-out shitshow last time I tried this like a decade ago.

gently caress it, gonna get up earlier tomorrow than I have since I got out and go do like an hour of cardio before class.

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Trip Report: Despite ~4 hours of sleep mixed in with another 4 hours of tossing and turning in fits, day 1 of 11 (:lol:) for the accelerated winter semester Math 083 class did a good bit to alleviate the previous decade of barely-suppressed anxiety and layered mountains of complexes I had surrounding how terribly retarded I thought I was with the subject.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Sweet Dee Dates A Retard is a shining jewel of cinematic craftsmanship.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Well a merry gently caress you, too. Felt like poo poo after class and assumed it was just lack of sleep, came back home and intended on napping for like two hours. Woke up after an hour with my guts in the middle of a vigorous tumble cycle, a spastic five year old playing with my body's thermostat, and I can't remember where in my poo poo I've got a thermometer stashed.

Aaaaaand my final's on Thursday. :downsbravo:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Where the gently caress are you in sxh

I mean my brains feel like lethargic scrambled eggs right now, but huh?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

What school are you in that's doing finals on my schools first day of spring classes? You in some weird program of something?

Oh, winter semester. Spring semester starts on the first for me.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Zeris posted:

Holy poo poo my parents let me watch this when I was 7.

Things make so much more sense now.

I watched the X-Files when it originally aired, which for reference was Sept '93 to May '02. I'm 27.

This explained so much the first time I did the math.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I think we got about the same 28-32" in Baltimore so far as Whip's got in DC. I was watching it fall and laughing while prepping chili for the slow cooker earlier thinking about people around here freaking out, while I'm wondering if I might dig my boots and some other poo poo out of one of the toughboxes and go walk to the gas station for some Häagen-Dazs and a 36er.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Zeris posted:

a great day for pulled pork on the stove in the cast iron

I was debating on chili or pulled pork but I couldn't loving find a shoulder at like 3 different supermarkets and I was too pissed off to make the pilgrimage to the butcher's at that point. Currently debating saying gently caress my diet for the weekend and making a couple pans of gingerbread.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

San Jose was is loving terrible today.

ftfy

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

go3 posted:

went to a cigar bar, sat on the patio around a fire and had cigars, then went and ate mexican. hooray for being able to leave the house i guess

They're nice and all but ffffuuuuucckkk paying cigar bar prices for a stick. $20-25 for a loving Rocky Patel Decade Robusto? Suck my dick from the back.

What'd you end up smoking?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

go3 posted:

Davidoff Nicaraguan Diadema. Its expensive I know but the place is literally within walking distance and my normal smokes are Cubans and they dont like you bringing those

Sweet baby Jesus. Are the Cubans banded or just plain sticks? For that matter who the gently caress is going to actually call you out on a Cuban whether it's banded or not, it's not like there are Customs dudes lurking around ready to slap the owner's pecker 'cause some dude is lighting up a hecho en Cuba cigar.

Also gently caress you, I'm still sitting over here twiddling my thumbs while State's working about as well as a monkey trying to gently caress a greased football at getting the embargo lifted.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Godholio posted:

Got a free Fitbit zip from work and set it up yesterday. Of course I can't actually carry it at work, so that's awesome. I guess I'll count my steps as I walk around or something.

Edit: Oh hey, I want to buy a french press and use the cold brew advice from last year's thread. Anybody have any recommendations?

Any of the Bodums are great, I've had like 3 of them over the years. Also you can actually brew the coffee like normal the night before and just put it in the fridge, you still get all of the aromatic fatty acids extracted and it tastes like velvet sex on your tongue. I don't use any cream since the pinch of salt with the grounds trick takes care of acidity, and you can either sweeten it beforehand or keep a bottle of simple syrup in the fridge like I do for just this kind of occasion.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I think the tipping point for me between "regular drinker" and "raging alcoholic" is if I actually do end up taking a chunk of my blood money this month and snag a kegerator. It's disturbingly easy to drink 12+ beers a night when you've got poo poo on tap instead of actual empties sitting around.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Oh snap. Somebody clip you in a turn?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

Naw that damage is old af, i think the crankshaft liquefied itself and now its bleeding oil. RIP my bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Debate: Be a responsible adult and drop ~$5k on a car, or put the decision off until it isn't sleeting poo poo outside and spend about that on new gear plus a Bonneville.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

You know what i retract everything i said. I'm just sad and angry that my motorcycle is dead.

And yes Bonevilles aint the best, but they are dad af bikes.

Well what I really want is a '16 Thruxton R (1200cc, fyi) but $14,500 is a hefty bit of change. Probably settle for something a little less in the $kidney range, at least until I'm making that PA money.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Look at all the loving weaboos that just crawled out into the light.

One step.

That's it, that's all, man.

You "people" are one step above bronies.

Does it still count if it's got English voiceovers by people like Gillian Anderson and Billy Bob Thornton?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Tempur-Pedic Symphony, contender for best $100 I've ever spent. Weighs as much as a sack of bricks, not stupidly tall so I don't tweak my neck sleeping on my stomach with it, and doesn't take shaking it like a crying baby in order for my head to not fall through it.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

at the date posted:

the recruiter told me I was a shoe-in for hte air force satellite interdiction special astronaut team six but unfortunately I am colorblind so I went infantry with the option to join delta force later on if I thought it was a good fit

You know, what's funny is any legitimate point you might have been able to make is immediately invalidated because you're an insufferable loving douchebag that nobody likes.

Also, 94. SMDFTB.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

She'd be a good Lara Croft.

Add like 15lbs not just in her tits/rear end and yeah, sure. Rail thin Lara makes about as much sense as a loving fashion model playing Wonder Woman.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Helldump Immunity. posted:

That's how I feel about the new Star Wars.

:filez: are already available.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Mustang posted:

I'd take North Carolina over Georgia. Can't wait to leave

[✔] None of the Above

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah the IPA craze is dumb as gently caress and at this point I'm convinced people tolerate that sludge just to try to fit in I guess

The og 4loko was dope though. One of those and just drink a couple beers the rest of the night and you're good. God forbid you drank two in one sitting though.

OG 4Lokos were some amazing, frightening poo poo. I still don't understand to this day how the gently caress those things work, like the ABV and ingredients somehow combine and synergize to make something with a massively greater potential to get you blacked the gently caress out while the sun's still up. Two was like an instant off switch for pretty much anybody <200lbs, and three didn't care how much of a corn-fed mountain of retard strength and cast iron liver you were because you were going to end up passed out in the drunk tank either stark naked or making GBS threads your pants.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Just finished Daredevil Season 2, and all I want to do is go outside and scream incoherently in the streets like a shirtless crazy person until my vocal cords stop working.

Holy mother loving poo poo the Punisher was pretty much perfect, the Karen-Matt-Electra thing was a little awkward but not terrible, I'm glad we can drop the "lol im just the plucky legal assistant!" thing now, and finally the grappling hook! :getin:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Would he not let me sit in his lap anymore if I did that?

You ever seen a grown man naked?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Then they try to do some math. "Well see there's 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week and gasp we only end up making $1.50 an hour!"

That poo poo only works when you're loving with one of those :smuggo: "You're a soldier 24/7 HOOAH!" retards who somehow inexplicably manages to avoid looking like your avatar every time they open their mouth.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Pretty sure corpsman on subs are still trained on how to do the surgery. Last time was like WW2 though

The idea of a corpsman being "trained" to do an appendectomy, much less actually having to do one, is hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Quick everyone post your horrible experience with medics/corpsman

(To be fair the ones on subs receive a lot more training as they operate autonomously)

I'm just thinking about all of the other medics I went through training with or worked with and how few of them I'd actually trust to do something like that, trained or no.

:drat:

That football bat haircut really has you channeling some of that viking savagery, doesn't it.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Godholio posted:

I had an O-5 flight doc who was unable to determine whether my symptoms were due to appendicitis or a kidney stone. In a major AFB hospital that no longer possesses any diagnostic imaging equipment. And the only reason I even got to see a doc is because I threatened the idiot at the desk that I was going to have an ambulance come and pick me up right in front of her desk if she didn't do her loving job. Had stone-removal surgery later that day.

How the flying motherfuck is someone too loving lazy or stupid to do basic diagnostic tests? Like what the gently caress, all it takes to strongly suspect one over the other is maybe two minutes of talking while you poke and prod.

Hell, reasonable suspicion of appendicitis is (normally) enough to be prioritized as a Really Bad Thing just in case.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Mustang posted:

Having the military be responsible for my health care anything is terrifying

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Your body can eventually find its way out of flying squirrel mode, but that's entirely dependent on a bunch of poo poo starting primarily with your prior fat-ness and how much actual excess skin you end up with.

I was ~240 when I got out, steadily working my way down to maybe cracking 200 for the first time since basic while simultaneously getting that retard strength back. Burn off the last bit of this pony keg, break the state powerlifting records with my opening attempts, that kind of thing. Maybe do a side-by-side comparison "One Year Later" pic to send to some of the retards I know that are still in because I'm only slightly vain and petty.

poo poo's definitely helping with my attempts to snag a future sugar momma from Johns Hopkins and roll in that dermatology or plastics money.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

and then you were like "get it together grouch. get a job, grouch"

BITCH I LIVE IN A FUCKIN' TRASHCAN!

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Creeping on dirty 30. I'm not trying to make the tired complaints about getting old and poo poo. I look forward to it.

But gently caress if my everything doesn't hurt and doing strenuous exercise/training literally incapacitates me after the fact. Just don't bounce back. Really did take that poo poo for granted

Counterpoint: About to hit 28 and putting up bigger numbers than I could even dream of 5, much less 10 years ago. Lifting is the only thing that keeps me from going bug-gently caress crazy or crawling into a hole and pulling it in after me over stress.

My knees don't nag me nearly as much since I'm not doing all kinds of stupid poo poo, and I'm actually happy now when I have to roll out of bed because I'm so loving sore.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

It must really suck to be the breed of choice for trash people.

Especially when they're basically like jacked, high-energy labs. Big, goofy motherfuckers that will love you to death and are about as dangerous as a wet noodle given proper training and socialization.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Godholio posted:

$25 for a french press. Add 10 scoops of coffee, 3 cups of water, stir, cover with ceran wrap at least overnight (I usually leave it for a day or longer if it's the weekend since I usually only drink it for work). Use the press, pour into something else and use it as a concentrate...I usually fill about half my mug with it, then top off with hot water from the kettle.

It's about 45 seconds of prep, once a week. No bitterness, and I haven't had stomach problems from coffee since I started doing this.

Way the gently caress late but have you tried just brewing it, letting it cool off, and sticking it in the fridge to chill? I actually started to try the cold-brew method but ended up forgetting my Stanley on the counter and figured I'd just huck it in and see how it turned out cold.

PS: If any of you fucks aren't doing the pinch of salt with the grounds trick, shame on you. Enhances the flavor while eliminating any bitterness that's probably caused by using too-hot water, poo poo beans, and/or poo poo roasts.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Lol no I actually prefer Chinese tea to Japanese but I do like porcelain teapots. Also much like folks are gay for coffee, I just like my tea to taste good so I make sure to brew a good cup.

Only tea I'll actually keep around is lapsang souchong because it's an every once in a while nostalgia hit from going camping with my dad. I still remember wondering what the gently caress he was drinking that smelled like a campfire.

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 29, 2016

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Godholio posted:

Yeah, and I can definitely tell the difference. There's zero bitterness in mine. I don't have a problem with the taste of normally-brewed coffee, but this is just better. And I'm using Tim Hortons ground stuff, nothing fancy. I might try the pinch of salt thing too. Not sure if it'll have the same effect without heat.

You goddamn turdmuffin, no wonder it tastes funny if you're using some three month old oxidized, pre-ground bullshit. If you're going to go down the path of coffee autism you better be prepared to buy a burr grinder (french press = super coarse grind), and either fresh roast beans or go all out and do the roasting yourself.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Who's got ideas for matching Diarrhea Elemental avatar/text? I'm thinking Golgothan fading into that wonderful Senate portrait, but I'm open to ideas if anyone *cough* EBB *cough* has a better one.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Google "slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches" and it's the first recipe from Food Network. Basically just dried mustard, cumin, paprika, brown sugar, salt, and pepper rub that you slap on and brown the fucker a little bit on all sides before you throw it in the slow cooker. Might have to cut it up a bit like Godholio says if it won't fit, but after the browning it's just toss poo poo in, add enough water to kinda maybe cover the shoulder, and let it go for 12+ hours. Oh, and I also add liquid smoke to the crock pot portion.

Despite being raised by hill people in North Carolina during most of the summers of my formative years, a KC-native roommate of mine at Drum introduced me to Arthur Bryant's and it's been my default barbecue sauce since. Smoky, spicy, tangy, and just a liiiitle sweetness to balance it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I don't know which of these captures the essence of the Golgothan just right.

And I'm kinda afraid to sort through the prolific amount of poo poo he's said to try and find the perfect byline.

• Locked thread