Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Saw this post, reminded I get no choice in the games I play. Rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

FightingStreet posted:

Still nowhere near as insane and terrible as Blazblue's!

Yeah but that's trying to literally be an anime and you gotta be terrible to do that

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

cams posted:

battle lobby having chat makes people think i'm hanging around to make friends or some poo poo. ready up or get out. i don't need your "GOOD GAME. YOU'RE TOUGH. THE STRUGGLE. DEVOUR OUR OUR."

devourourour dese nuts, shitlord

Oh wait, you can't type in the drat things.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Brosnan posted:

What game are you playing?

Ya'll never heard about fuckin' relativity?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

bhsman posted:

I'd be loving ecstatic to get my poo poo pushed in by Valle and Snake Eyez.

I'd just like to play Street Fighter with them

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

How do I defeat flowchart ken (or Ryu) who throws a lot? I feel like he is the end boss of scrub tier matchmaking. Especially with someone like Chun who doesn't have a lot of gimmicks or a non-ex invincible reversal

I think I need to never miss my quick rises and get better at punishing blocked/whiffed dps and sweeps. It doesn't matter if they are throwing hadokens/shoryus/sweeps out like a maniac if I can't punish them for it. My mid range footsie game also gets discombobulated if they are decent at using fireballs as a midrange poke

Set a dummy to do shoryukens and block em, punish them in training mode. You'll never lose to another low-tier Ken/Ryu unless you gently caress up something else. Once you can reliably punish those they'll start playing another game, or you'll win.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

They're going to have to bring in someone from SF4. Maybe Akuma will make it in and he becomes Oni during vtrigger. Let's do that.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Evil Canadian posted:

This is true, but capcom can selectively slice them out. Basically every tricky OS found in the betas was removed from the game. I would be surprised if further ones found are not removed in the future as well.

This is probable, but it would be really unfortunate if they started actively clamping down on new tech before letting it run a long course.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Madcosby posted:

so if im ordering a joystick for pc, what do i want to look for so that i can just plug it in and play sf5? I dont want to mess with joy2key or xinput or whatever

xbox 360 support

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

E: beaten like i deserve

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Hmm I'm surprised that aspect of sfv is turning out to be troublesome

E:@cams

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Help Im Alive posted:

It's weird that they wouldn't just add an option for 'normal ranked' and '2/3 ranked' instead of the weird opt in thing

Capcom aren't very good at thinking

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pomp posted:

he's like raven but he builds punishment meter by slapping he own dick

the ultimate punishment... yowch!!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I unironically want sexuality purged from videogames b.c. I'm personally not interested in it and thinks its dumb
also, anime sexuality

really, both of them just equate to "whatever made the guy who draw this get a half-chub"

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

hiddenriverninja posted:

tell me to how to stop pushing buttons

If you stop pressing buttons, they'll just keep pressing them and then where will you be

In Training posted:

Has there been any indication as to a date for the March update yet.

Some time in April

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

ZenVulgarity posted:

You and all ten people online

It's not his fault we're all little pieces of poo poo bitches

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

deadly_pudding posted:

Eh, I'm sure we'll see a patch for it.

Why do you think this? Is this your first Capcom game?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The PC version has support? How many betas and now over a month later and it still doesn't do xinput?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

this game's netkode makes me wish i was the guy having his loving face obliterated by flaming fists until he dies

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

This thread is best when people get offended at bebop for not explaining things they should already understand based on their posts where said posters imply they already know said thing.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Can anyone in SFV see their fighter profile stats, or are they all at 0%? I added my profile to the stat tracking site, but after 3 days it's only loaded one match from my profile.

It also says I last played Feb 17.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Cat Machine posted:

That's the "1906 glitch" which as far as people can tell eventually affects everyone who plays SFV online and is irreversible. It sucks. Hopefully today's server refresh or w/e fixes it.

oh good

Lemon-Lime posted:

All the female characters' design in Skullgirls was loving atrocious, which is a real shame since the game has a fantastic aesthetic and also Big Band. :(

What's atrocious about someone who pulls off their own head and jets around the screen under blood power

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

attackmole posted:

A fighting game is progressive when it restricts itself to having two big titty characters instead of a whole cast of them. Thanks, Japan.

Chun-Li normal or alt costume and also Cammy's breast implants?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

attackmole posted:

When there's a few big titty anime girls, I'm a little skeeved out but go "ok, that's normal for the genre though, whatever". When the whole games aesthetic revolves around it is where I kinda draw the line. But I mean I also don't play JRPG's because they're too anime for me so it's mainly a personal choice.

They're all big titty anime girls in SFV though.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

the Gootecks Shimmy coined as such during the comedown after a highly medicated DJ set

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pomp posted:

Pretend i posted I_play_fightcade_with_a_Romanian_and_it's_never_as_bad_as_sfv_gets.Txt again

I also played said Romanian back on GGPO plenty and the rollback was also not as bad SFV gets.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

bananas and french fries

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

r u kiddin me, must be mike ross on guitar

e: it gets real cool near the end rip

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Well, in a lot if games you might have an ideal brainless solution, removing some risk in favour of no risk. You people in this thread can't even handle implied (but not really) criticism, it's loving ridiculous.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

bhsman posted:

That's funky, jeez.

Whatever makes you feel better, man.

I don't understand what this is even supposed to mean. What is AnonSpore supposed to feel bad about; your inability to parse context? :shrug:

Maybe we should focus on the accidental edition select bug instead of an old post of someone who couldn't acknowledge the advice he was given.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

bhsman posted:

That 100% resources combo at the end is amazing, too, at 523 damage.

The comeback potential. :allears:

Almost half their health!

I guess that's actually over half of most of the cast, but still. All the "big damage" like that is so impractical from a gameplay perspective it's hard to get excited about it. Full meter and a v-trigger when you need a comeback? It can happen, but yeah.

Alex seems like a step in the right direction combo-wise, at least. Still can't get over nobody getting anything real off jabs.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 15, 2016

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

SFV being shut down?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Does anyone know where Capcom's art team disappeared to after the Alpha series, Darkstalker series, or Third Strike? Capcom's current art team is a bit garbage in comparison. See - Alex's current design.

I wondered this too. Between Darkstalkers and some of the weirder 3S cars I'm curious to see where those designers went.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dias posted:

You can derive it easily anyway, and kda in a team shooter is both relatively unimportant and drives people to play TDM instead of accomplishing objectives.

This is bad fragger logic. If you're near the objective, more kills is more good. And dying feeds them more Ults.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dias posted:

Wow what a terrible interview. This guy does not sound like he likes this game at all and just complains about everything. If you don't like the game fine, but don't insult my intelligence by arraging an interview just so you can bash on a game.

yeah gently caress that guy this games good and fine

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

my buddy won mystery game tournament at whatever tourny runs that the other year and got like a full week's wage out of it

don't play popular games, fleece people in old ones.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bisse posted:

Yeah one great thing about Overwatch is there is, like, One, sexy girl (widow) and then the rest of the women are normal people with normal proportions and clothes and don't really look that hot. I guess you could argue Tracer has like skin tight leggings but the devs literally made an explicit point of making her in particular avoid any sort of focus on being sexualized and instead focus on personality.

I mean put Widow next to Zarya/Mei/Mercy, then put Juri next to Laura/Cammy/R.Mika

Symmetra has a literal shelf for a butt and a skirt split up the sides to her hips, and then like spandex leggings that end at her thighs. Her, Tracer, Mei and Widowmaker are all jerkbait and Zarya fits the muscle fetish too. Blizzard knows what they're doing.

Overwatch isn't fun or good tho, so don't play it imo.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bisse posted:

i'm sorry that you hate fun

I just said it's not fun. I like fun. gently caress you, you goddamn bastard.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

boxcarhobo posted:

nah its fun and you're wrong sorry bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bisse posted:

drat, I had so many arguments piled on stock, but I did not plan for that, completely blindsided, I am convinced now, overwatch is a verified badgame, thank you for showing me the light.

thanks, np

street fighter's women are also terrible and embarrassing. but thanks to SFV we now have equality, where the men are terrible and embarrassing in similar but different ways. like their faces, or gameplay.