Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

For the Divided We Stand image Mike Deodato Googled "Kate Bishop Howkeye" and hosed up.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/09/divided-we-swipe-mike-deodato-vylla-and-kate-bishop-as-hawkeye-in-marvel-now/

Amazing.

It happens. Artists are so busy that they need references for characters they aren't currently drawing. The editor should have caught it, but eh.

It's no worse than when an artist put the wrong Hazmat in a comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Leaks of a lot of new comics coming out this year are out.

Kate gets her own book

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Posting to Bleeding Cool should be a ban.

They are teasing Rich coming back in Nova.

No X-Men books except for Death of X.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Occupy Avengers has Clint on the cover with a crowd supporting him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ANAD Avengers is continuing as Avengers by Waid with Hercules and Doom Iron Man joining.

Uncanny Avengers is still going.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gilok posted:

I thought that was Mayday Parker, who lives in her universe with an Uncle Ben from yet another universe.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. Doom probably isn't someone you can just have show up on the Avengers, so him being Ronin works well. I'm assuming that he's going to be Ronin since, well, that looks like a Ronin suit.

That is Mattie Franklin on the Silk cover.

She was supposed to be dead, but her death was the one thing I hated about Grim Hunt. So glad she's back!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Medusa should pick someone other than Natalie Dormer to style her hair after.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, I'm just saying he could've had Greg Pak in the room telling him why that wouldn't work and he'd still have done it because Bendis don't give a gently caress.

Yeah, Bendis always goes "I DON'T GIVE A gently caress!" and writes whatever he wants because he's totally trying to gently caress over other writers!

Considering this was an event where it was planned out and discussed what was going to happen with other writers and editors, and Bendis actually had an idea shot down, this dumb poo poo needs to stop. If you don't like what happens in an event, blame the editors for allowing it. You can blame the writers for how it's written, but no one writer is just doing stuff because they don't give a gently caress.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Howard the Duck is really, really good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Confirmed at SDCC, the new Nova book will feature both Sam Alexander and Richard Ryder teaming up.

It's Rider, not Ryder!

But yay, I'm glad Rich is back! Him mentoring Sam should be great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cyclops is gonna fix it all soon
Cyclops is comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

No, that's Thanos.

No, Thanos is the nice guy who always carries his printer to Death but she would rather hang out with Deadpool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

Can someone tell me about what I should expect if I start reading Gwenpool?

A good comic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Toxxupation posted:

"What if a perfectly ordinary, well-adjusted teenage girl from the real world who happened to be a huge comics fan stumbled into the 616 and decided to be a superhero."

I don't think Gwen is well-adjusted. There is definitely something up with her past and her parents.

She's not insane, but I think she went through some bad poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Ironheart is a great name and approximately a million times better than either Iron Woman or Iron Maiden.

Not as good as Lady Iron Man, though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

America Chavez is apparently so good an idea that she was also taken to Image.

The best thing about this is that nobody cared about the creator's version of her. So either they'll make a book with a clear rip-off except not have all of the interesting things that people like about Miss America, or they'll have to steal the personality/look another writer/artist gave her that made her popular.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Marvel released another MU teaser with Leinil Yu's name attached. So that's four big name artists and one writer. A rotating art team on one book or several books? Or something else altogether?

With McNiven, Kubert, Land, and Yu along with Bunn writing it seems almost certain it's X-Men related in some way because they've all done a lot of X-Men work.

Maggot Unleashed

That's right, Maggot will be the new face of the X-Men.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

We've got a good Scott right now. Let the old one lovely one die.

There is no old lovely Scott, so I dunno what you're talking about.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

The entire story arc where Kamala tries cloning herself to handle all her responsibilities was just hilarious.

EASY PEASY

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The X-Men Fear Itself tie-ins were great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Toxxupation posted:

Like seriously "I hosed my marriage up irretrievably because I couldn't stop thinking about the weird sex stuff I wanted to do with my wife" is up there in the pantheon of nebbish loser ways to ruin a relationship. 100% Cyclops, gently caress that guy.

So it's pretty clear you didn't understand a single thing Morrison did with Scott if this is what you think.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Poor Illinois.

Indiana got Winter Soldier, which rules.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Complaining about Kitty's outfits is totally missing the point of them and her character.

She is terrible at them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can someone spoil it for me? I couldn't handle the art.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Yea if Lemire wasn't writing it I would be iffy about Death of X, but with him on it I'm actually looking forward to it.

The Death of X previews are heavily hinting that Jamie Madrox and/or Layla Miller get killed off.

So gently caress that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I got the feeling Emma got herself killed as well from the Previews abstract.

I'm just mad at the whole fact that Peter David wrote Jamie and Layla out with an actual happy ending, and now it seems like they're being pulled out of that just to be killed for no loving reason.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

*Peter David runs in*

ACTUALLY MADROX ISN'T A MUTANT HE'S A KILLCROP SO CLEARLY THE TERRAGIN MIST AFFECTS HIM DIFFERENTLY!!

Anyway, Death of X was kind of a wet fart and I don't know if I'm going to bother with any more.

Them killing Jamie pisses me off but there are a few outs at least. Jamie has dupes running around with their own lives, that wasn't the original Jamie, and oh yeah, the person he married has the ability to resurrect the dead. She also would have known about the mists and all that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wanderer posted:

I hope it's Al Ewing on America. I've enjoyed his America Chavez.

I hope it's Ewing and Rocafort. Not sure what Rocafort is doing besides the Inhumans vs. X-Men.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

What should I read if I liked Champions?

Totally Awesome Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, New Avengers, All-New Wolverine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Schneider Heim posted:

Is Uncanny Avengers good now since Duggan started writing it?

Yes. The first arc is a little rough, but it's been great ever since.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So for Death of X, Scott is already either dead or dying. Emma keeps talking about we and she can't keep talking t people and he has to. The last pages are weird in that Scott doesn't seem to be in the room until other people are.

So is he now just a psychic projection by Emma? The sisters all said they saw something and Emma told them to not bring it up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Where's Cannonball been since SW?

Hanging out with Roberto.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Has he been in New Avengers? I fell off the book after #3.

Yes, and New Avengers is so good.

But yeah, Roberto called him, and Sam took a break from his girl and kid to go be nigh invulnerable while blastin' with his buddy. Warlock too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope this means that they make old Scott unequivocally a hero again, the Phoenix brings all the dead mutants back to life and able to repopulate AGAIN, and Beast stops being an rear end in a top hat and goes back to his fun character, and Archangel stops being a mindless weapon and gets to be Warren again.

Just reset it all to the 90's is what I'm saying.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

If that means we lose Laura & Gabby, then I must reject this premise.

Nah, I'm more referring to all the characters they hosed up and killed and made not fun to read.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eh, Wolverine gets treated like a psycho insecure rear end in a top hat and gets comeuppance for the way he acts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked Champions. It was nice to see a comic that was just chill.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How quick is Marvel going to wrap up the Captain Hydra storyline and get Cap back to being a true beacon of hope?

I can't see them letting this story go on too much longer. There are zero people who want to have Steve Rogers be evil, especially right now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

No they didn't. They put skulls on their hats!

I love that skit.

In case people don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Does New Avengers change much after the first few issues? I read the first 4 or so and while it wasn't bad it felt pretty forgettable.

It picks up after the first arc and gets really good, really quick after that.

• Locked thread