Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
What the hell what am I supposed to do for 10 hours! This is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I drank a bunch of NyQuil see you fuckers at 6 EST

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Wildtortilla posted:

Just a few hours to see if my 660 TI is up to the challenge. I don't need to have super fancy graphics to be happy. If I have to buckle and build a new comp or upgrade my GPU to play this and wait another week I will go hollow.

A 960 or even maybe a 950 wouldn't cost a whole lot and add a lot of "power" to your system.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Minrad posted:

if you can live with this

(that's 30 fps vs 60 fps)

you'll be fine, probably

That 30fps gives me motion sickness or something.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

MrLonghair posted:

People can live with the console version's 30fps.

Sure but it's still lovely to play at such low FPS.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Has anyone been able to get the steam controller to work yet?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I'm fairly new to dark souls as a whole, I keep seeing people talking about "the meta level" in regards to pvp. Is there some level you want to stay at for PVP?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Anyone have any advice for a level 120 pvp pyromacer build?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Apparently the PC version now has a hack that can cause you to get banned or reset back to default level.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gzcgx/warning_cheaters_can_now_get_you_softbanned_and/

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Obligatum VII posted:

WELL THEN. I'm gonna go see if I can manage to surprise one-shot people in PvP later. That'd be funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7SAF-So9Pc

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Invading has never been so frustrating in the series.

Half the time theres 2 phantoms or being summoned, the other half the host runs into a fogdoor 5 seconds in.

I run into groups of 4 or more a lot of the time.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aw man, it's almost like they wanted to make it difficult to be a dick.

Play offline if you want your little easy mode.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

GulagDolls posted:

imo if you get invaded and you go through the fog door, the invader should be able to follow you.

Agreed. It's stupid how many ways these kids can get away from half the game.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Spanish Manlove posted:

Why have a poise stat?

Oh my, that's one hell of a strawman you have there.

CJacobs posted:

Imagine being so out of touch that you're willing to call someone who is better than you at a video game a child

How are you better than me when you summon 3 other people and get a blue to 5v1 or 5v2.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
If you are so anti-pvp offline mode is there to hold your hand.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

There should be a PVP covenant that automatically gets summoned to invade any rapier user en masse.

Agreed.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Yardbomb posted:

The "Just lay red signs/do structured PvP" shtick is really bad already too. You know what's happened literally every time I put down a red sign? When I invade I actually get a pretty decent spread, 1v1, 1v2, the occasional 1v3 if I'm unlucky. Not with "structured" PvP though. Every single time without fail, I zone in to a host and two shitters already swinging at me, plus buffs since they get the benefit of prep time this way too. ~Woo exciting~

Yeah PVP needs to be fixed on every level.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Melanion posted:

I really hope some of the pro-invasion people in the last few pages have invaded me at some point in my playtime and been terribly frustrated when I do absolutely everything possible short of yanking my ethernet cable in order to not engage them.

Some of us despise PvP but there are tangible benefits to playing embered and online, so enjoy dashing after me toward the fog door or whatever.

Nice meltdown.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Your Computer posted:

Come on mate it's like you're not even trying. 0/10

I'm not, putting effort into a reply to someone that obtuse is hardly worth it. If you don't like invasions don't play that half of the game. Don't post saying how cool and awesome you are for acting like a jackass. Just play offline. You don't get to pick and chose what parts of online play you want to "deal with".

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Harrow posted:

The Witch's Locks whip is also pretty cool, it's a rad fiery whip.

I've been using it exclusively it's highly effective.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

How would you build it?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

It was a 3v2 fight and they lost.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao

I automatically accept all friend invites that happen after I pvp, this poo poo rules

Same I'm playing with a default assassin.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Babe Magnet posted:

don't feel bad about the estoc btw, I've gotten a lot more time under my belt and I've discovered that the primary reason you'll lose against an estoc spammer is if you're trying to spam yourself.

or you get back into a corner, but if that happens, you've made some pretty critical errors.

Just spam parrys at them it will work.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Between the server errors in DS1, the degrade glitch in DS2, and now this in DS3 I do not understand why people get the PC version

Do you really need 60 FPS that bad

Not everyone owns a console.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
DS3 PVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ixov1n8qVs

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

ZenVulgarity posted:

I own an nvidia shield

That counts right

God no. I don't know what that is but it's not a console.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Why do people blame the consumers for buying games on the "wrong" platform? How is it our fault that developers build games poorly for one platform.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Kild posted:

allegedly the golden winged knights can drop slabs

Kill all 3 of them and they drop one each play through.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Amazing thanks cant wait to get banned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4h4z6q/psa_if_you_get_invaded_by_malcolm_reynolds/

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
these 2 pubbies wont leave the bonfire with me in their session so I've just been afk for 40 mins now standing in a random room. 2 V 1 fight and the cowards wont fight.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Nanomashoes posted:

This happened to me a couple times in a row and I just started either black crystaling out if they looked good or killing them if they looked bad, gently caress giving them the satisfaction of winning with that pussy poo poo.

I had to go out and do some stuff anyway, once on got home I hosed off. It's just funny I shut down 2 peoples game by going AFK and leaving the house for over half an hour.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Andrigaar posted:

I watched a bunch of Twin Peaks this week due to that.

They buy a PVP game, play online then hide at the bonfire all game when they get invaded. People are weird.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Andrigaar posted:

You misread, I was the invader...

So was I, I'm just saying if they play online they should expect and have fun with invaders not just hide at the bonfire. If I get invaded I often get upset but I still try fight my invaders 1v1 if I die my host can have a shot at him. 60% of people I invade will never leave the bonfire and that means they can chain summon their buddy over and over I wont fight there.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Your Computer posted:

I'm no fisherman but I'm pretty sure this is bait.

Not really, I mean it's not a pvp at it's core game but it is a game that has a pvp component to it. You should be willing to have a good time with it. It's not like it's hard to recover souls.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's a big pain in the rear end if you're near the end of an area and want to call it a night and someone invades.

Agreed, I always get invaded when I'm just trading or trying to gently caress off for the night. I'll just give them a half assed fight and die in that situation.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Azazell0 posted:

It might be a matter of gitting gud, but as someone who was a lot of times terrified of losing hard-earned souls, I was not thrilled with the prospect of invasions. On the other hand it was a fun feeling going forward really carefully, being afraid of every corner, but on the other, I didn't really feel all that heroic.

Of course later in the game when getting souls became so much easier it was a different ballgame, but early-to-mid game I peeked behind every corner before daring to go forward.

I was in the same boat. It was so so frustrating but once you accept it you have a lot of fun with it. Just have a good time with all parts of online. After a while an invasion became a break from the norm, I started to want them to the point I started using the monkey paw thing.

I guess if you've done the whole PVP thing for a while and came to the conclusion that you hate it I fully respect that. For the few of you that just want to avoid it without some time spent doing it I would recommended trying it. It's a challenge.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Just got the "kids like you shouldn't be allowed in these games" line.

PVP is the best.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

ElBrak posted:

Man I sure would like to play dorksouls, but its still crashing when i wake up at the bonfire before the swamp.

Some really basic steps:

- Verify the game using steam
- check for video and direct x drivers
- try running dark souls as admin
- Try running in windowed mode

Some really not so basic steps:

- check event viewer and read the crash dump for dark souls 3
- disable your security software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Cyberventurer posted:

Just got chumped by someone who probably did most of his damage to me with running katana thrusts that I couldn't punish or parry. I never felt so bad at the game before. :(

Katana's have a really lame move set it's hard as gently caress to deal with that spam.