Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

3Romeo posted:

Yeah, KB+M. I don't mind a challenge, but I hate having to fight against the interface. It's aggravating in all the wrong ways.

Wait. Wait wait wait wait, wait. Wait! Wait; wait--wait. One moment, please.
Are you playing Dark Souls 1 on PC without the DSMFix (Mouse Fix) to unfuck the controls?

Beyond that, good luck 'n all for however long you're willing to play with that wonky scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Not that I'm super-bitter at Funstock or anything (:toughguy: ) , but I actually looked at the FAQ that they dispensed when probably all their customers sent in emails to their site support about the date mix-up on Friday.

Funstock DS3 FAQ posted:

Last Updated: Apr 11, 2016 09:21AM BST
Q) When will the keys for Dark Souls III being released?
A) Our pre-load keys will be going on Monday before release UK standard time. There is no specific time for this. But it will be before the launch with enough to pre-load away!

My original estimate was at the release minute. I've now upgraded that to 1 minute before so they technically are correct. Also I'm wondering if they got the short end of a contract stick versus Gamesplanet if they don't get to release until the day of.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I mean you guys could have gotten it from Gamesplanet I guess.

I pre-ordered it a month ago, and didn't know about their track record at the time. The announcement for the delay in the pre-load looks to have happened around 2 hours ago as they denied there even was a pre-load all weekend.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

TheMopeSquad posted:

Just checked my funstock account page and the key was up :woop:

Just checked mine and came to post the same. Even says "Dark Souls III - Pre-Purchase" which I guess means I get the soundtrack.

I wish they'd have commented about why 10 hours to the minute seems to be the window :tinfoil:

E:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Either I'm looking at the wrong page or mine still isn't :( It should be on the Home » Account » Order History » Order Information page, right? Guess they're probably releasing in batches.

It's on the same page, but there's a new table below the price details with my key.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Nope :(

I'll give it a few hours I guess.

:negative:

Funstock are some sadistic bastards.

TheMopeSquad posted:

I live in California, maybe they're biased towards americans :smug:

So true :smugdog:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Cathedral of the Deep/Chapel is just tooooooooooooooo loving long for how many enemies there are. This is just tedious and irritating.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

man nurse posted:

Yeah, word.

I gave up fighting, it's too crowded. Just ran/rolled by everyone, opened a big door, died, repeated twice and found a shortcut that basically removes most of that portion of the game from my path for now.

E:

Hakkesshu posted:

After spending like 3 hours in that place the loving poison swamp is going to be a relief by comparison. Goddamn those hooded fuckers.

Poison swamp? I'm having enough trouble with these leeches and the bloodbite ring seemingly doing nothing.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I was doing something wrong. That Deacon Squad beat my rear end left and right for like an hour. Mostly because I'd get severely punished for wanting to move in and hit stuff with my sword. Heaven forbid.

Playing a knight with the default gear. Should my longsword+2 be higher by now? I'm seriously not finding any titanite and it's driving me nuts that I can't upgrade much of anything yet.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
gently caress that Abyss guy. I popped an ember and summoned a bro to help me out and the fight got super-easy though. The trick to dealing with him seems horribly improbable too.
Details: Backstab is his weakness? WHAT THE gently caress?! I accidentally landed one myself after he did a spinning-360 fire slash, but that 1-second window is your chance to land a meaty backstab and hit as he gets up?

Also took down the gimmick boss that follows. But mostly because the boss pushed up so close to a wall that it couldn't really hit me and decided to just stay there on time out while trying to be scary. Pretty sure its AI bugged out on that "victory".

No spoiler needed for that second one I wager since there's no way in hell it was a normal win condition.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

LibbyM posted:

Oh sorry, I had the wrong direction going. No advice for the sage I just got up to where I was talking about.

You mean the path to Abyss? You can avoid all of the enemies if you want, just not sure why I'm spoilering this but, hug the right wall and go over the little hill. You'll take little to no damage unless the middle one (there's 3) lunges just right.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
gently caress the Pontiff in all of his assholes.

Also game randomly crashed, crashed at re-launch, and is running again... but I'm suspect. Last night I dropped off of Steam for what wasn't even long enough to make chat notice, and the game kicked me to the title screen. Didn't really lose any progress but that was annoying.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I am completely stuck on Pontiff. The attack patterns are so perceptibly random that most of the time I can't get a single good hit in while he just spins around like a little bitch or zips back and forth away from me over and over.

Most of those go over my head too. And yes, I do know about his weakness, but if he's just spinning like a top it doesn't do me any good.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Popped an ember, three summons failed. Found an NPC summon that was downright special in the head. Failed.
Popped another ember. Actually got a sunbro who just beat Pontiff's dick in with a dagger. I joined in on the non-fancy dick punching and he went down pretty quickly.

Now I'm having DS1 flashbacks in the next area. The kind where you grab a bottle of liquor to stop the trembling.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm running an i5-2500 at 3.3 Ghz and I have a GTX 660. DO I have a prayer of running this game fully? I bought it and messed around in the starter area and it seemed to look great, but does it get more intensive down the line?

i5-2500K and a GTX 950. Don't know how big the power gap is, but I get 35-60fps with high settings depending on the room.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

HellCopter posted:

He drops his katana, which is a sweet dex weapon. That's it though.

I got that sword in the saddest way possible. I fail-rolled off a cliff and he patiently followed me. Sword was on the ground when I went back for my souls.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Ugh, Aldritch is a boring rear end fight with too much RNG to feel good or bad. It just feels meh.

I'll kill this fucker eventually, but I'm going to enjoy none of it.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well after Aldritch I have no idea where to go. Ran around aimlessly for a while, found Irina, some hooded thief near the second area, bunch of crystal lizards, several complete clothing sets on corpses, but otherwise :shrug:

Also, once I got my luck to 11 (111 item find) the earlier areas seemed to start raining basic titanite.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Had to check a wiki for Smoulder because I misunderstood the ground messages about and didn't think I'd have to be Indiana Jones about it.

Break time, that was an afternoon wasted backtracking all over the place. Accidentally got Mound-Makers while running around unhollowed though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Carl Seitan posted:

That mimic ended up beating that boss for me. It was super helpful.

Also, like 90% of the chests I've found so far have been mimics. WTF

Not-Lloyd's Talismans are your friend. I just ran out too since you can only carry 5 at a time.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wasn't sure what I was expecting Aldrich of the Deep to look like, but I certainly wasn't expecting THAT

I was expecting a giant purple slime from Secret of Mana, only :black101: as gently caress. What I got was underwhelming by comparison somehow.

Running around today I accidentally found the FUGS, that was unexpected. More importantly I finally found how to get deeper in the Dungeon. I was stalled and backtracking most of the past day because I didn't see a tiny pathway tucked away neatly in plain sight.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Oh toxic, how I missed you so. A giant pool of it even? How nice of you.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Oh come the gently caress on, another boss that's gimmick is spinning like a whirling dervish Dancer? :wtc:

It wasn't fun last time.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
That took an insane amount of dying, but that spinning bitch is dead finally.

Dramatic reenactment: :histdowns: :tutbutt:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Was the raw chicken tender boss (Consumed Oceiros) supposed to be easy, or did the AI just bug out and decide blindly charging into walls was a good idea for that instance only?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

NESguerilla posted:

That is straight bullshit that old demon king's fire attacks go right through the architecture.

Is that a bug? :wtf:

Almost everything goes through walls and scenery it seems--not quite, but you get the idea. Be happier at the stuff that doesn't.

ShadowMar posted:

sure, i'll take it :v:

Happened to me earlier, but it took too long and I got disconnected instead :smith:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Finished the main story last night and linked the fire. Ended up needing help (or just not wanting to be frustrated anymore) on: Pontiff, Watchers, and the final boss--don't recall summoning for any others. I didn't try solo that many times on the last fight, I just wanted to end the run and get back to exploration before NG+.

Aside from not just "gitting gud", these fights were simply more fun with someone kiting the boss while the other 1+ guy(s) beat the snot out of it. I used a longsword and blood longsword for ~99% of the time and a longbow to hit/pull jerks once in a while.

Now using the classic greatsword. I'm debating how much I like the attack speed versus the crazy loving combos most of the normal mooks throw in your face this game though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The max HP reduction mechanic in the Dungeon is loving lame.

Yup. Bait the brand, back off, then punish mercilessly. Or use ranged to headshot them dead.

E: VVVVVV
No shame here, I used a bow and last hit with a sword if needed.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 18, 2016

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Are the servers taking a poo poo right now? I haven't been able to get a good connection since around an hour ago.

Also I'd like to point out that I kept playing as a sunbro after the patch hit without patching. It booted me from my game, but I just logged back in from the main menu and kept playing without a restart :stare:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

man nurse posted:

I can't beat the stupid loving princes.

As I remember it anyway, and non-specific enough I doubt it needs spoilers.

1) Only one attack breaks lock-on
2) They are extremely squishy, total glass cannons
3) Usual: don't go full ham, always have at least one roll's worth of stamina for sudden escape

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

One of my favorite Scooby-Doo episodes.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

voltcatfish posted:

Why is there a duplicate Firelink Shrine behind the Garden? What the gently caress. It gave me the Chaos Blade though, which is cool.

Optional boss (didn't know that at the time), vendor with some gear, that blade, a few other items. But I've got no idea why it's there either.

I got most of my 30 Sunlight Medals at that boss though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

voltcatfish posted:

Like I died to the dancer and lost those souls too due to being confused but then I went right back in the fight, picked them back up, and boned out

Is it an issue?

Dancer is super-fast and hard to get away from when she spawns :argh:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Internet Kraken posted:

No she isn't. She moves around the room at the pace of a snail and has awful gap closers. Maintaining distance is easy and homeward boning out should never be an issue unless you panic and do it right in her face.

:thejoke:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Hamsterlady posted:

Maybe it's because I fought him so many times in Dark Souls 1, but I felt like Havel was significantly easier than the knight as far as potential enemies in that room go. He's tankier and takes longer which is annoying, but it's easier to avoid his attacks than the other guy.

Same. I had to back roll and heal a few times, but otherwise I just did the same poo poo of baiting a big attack and smashing with my giant slab of sword.

No different than other enemies, just more HP.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Is there a way to see what level your covenants are? I mean, I know mine are all zero except for Sunbros, but I haven't seen a list like the cat offered in DS2.

Spent the evening getting trashed by KotS/NK. I'm not sure which part I hated more from a video game design perspective: the camera going apeshit if I got close to KotS, or that the ground was animated and had no shadows to distort any depth perception.

Not saying the fight itself was bad, it's fairly epic otherwise.

E:

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Is it correct that the place you turn in Sunbro medals is the Castle of Lothric? I peeked at the locations page on the wiki, and that's rather far away. I'm only just in Farron's Keep, so it would be several zones before I get there and I already have close to 15.

Yup. The room also requires exploration to get to. The beaten path door opens from the other side.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 19, 2016

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

voltcatfish posted:

Why does it show me every status effect bar really quickly every time I load or zone a bonfire?

It bothers me deeply.

Gotta be a bug.

Mine's been doing this since I equipped the Fleshbite Ring. I think adding the Thunderstone added another status effect bar so I have 1 and then 4 count down.

And I removed that ring long, long ago, but it's been doing that ever since even after the patch.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
All this Aldrich talk, and I thought it was just a mistranslation of "Eldritch". A Cthulhu/Lovecraft reference. The guy rests under the water waiting to emerge :shrug:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I cannot for the loving life of me get Dried Finger+Way of the Blue to work anywhere. I can invade someone faster than you can finish the red orb animation though.

However there's a handful of 3-4 player squads who ARE getting dried finger to work as they fish for invaders. Usually consists of 1 mage, 1 sweep weapon, and 1 focus weapon with a wild card if there's a fourth. Generally their strat is one guy fishes for you to walk in, then they try to surround and all attack you slightly offset.

I've avoided PvP all 3 games pretty much, so it wrecks me.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Alan Smithee posted:

There can be no jolly cooperation in the combs

If ou want to invade do it here

Handful of invasions, jolly co-op and darkmoons backup all over the place.

Still the same human trash getting revenge for DS1 and 2.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Lester Shy posted:

Knight's Ring, Chloranthy Ring, Ring of Favor and Prisoner's Chain, so yes, very much so. I guess one of those must be the culprit. I'll do some testing later.

I said it earlier, but I'll type it again. I've had the same countdown meters since I used the Fleshbite ring, but they've persisted after the ring was removed :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Entropy is inevitable, but we're going to fight like hell to slow it.