Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

20 minutes to go and I am the only person in my screening
My theater was almost full here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Screening for what? :confused:
The DS9 Documentary 'What We Left Behind' was in theaters for just today only, although they are going to be streaming it on some sites by the end of the year supposedly

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The documentary was good but there's just so much they left out since it's a 2 hour documentary. It needed to be a longer form documentary to really cover everything well. A lot of topics get like 2 minutes of discussion and then they move on

The main draw is probably the interviews and the new HD footage from the show that they worked on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Preston Waters posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILbLGNDqUxA

that might be my favorite moment from TNG

At first I was like "oh poo poo the one that Christopher Lloyd made them blow up" but then I remember that that was actually the original Enterprise that had been retrofitted, and the 1701-A was in Final Frontier and Undiscovered Country and presumably lasted for many years afterward until retirement.

I always make that mistake...
At the end of The Undiscovered Country, Uhura gets a transmission from Starfleet that the Ent-A is to be decommissioned. Which is weird because according to Memory Alpha that means it's only in service for 7 years (the end of The Voyage Home to the end of TUC is apparently a 7 year period).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Quicksilver6 posted:

I figure he has only two settings - being sad himself, or making everyone else sad by being alive.
God this reminds me of that Voyager episode where Neelix dies and finds out there is no god and then wants to kill himself

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

How about, like, there's a road race that the crew has to win? With like racing team uniforms and everything. But with spaceships of course.
Trying to remember, but is that the stupid one where some AI or something gets into the Delta Flyer and Paris falls in love with it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, that's a different episode. They find a junked shuttle in a scrap field with a neural interface and a mental projection of an attractive woman, Paris becomes her interfaced pilot and it turns into your typical addiction/enabler story.
Look, sometimes you just gotta gently caress the hot ship

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Disco is more like a classic cocktail made in a not quite right way that is acceptable but still not like the original

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Trast posted:

The general premise of the Picard show has been reported as the fall out of Romulus being destroyed, right? That teaser mentions a rescue armada so I could see Picard being broken by the devastation or getting there a moment too late to do anything. He tosses his commision and goes back to making wine where his family all burned alive in a house fire in the 24th century.
Yes it’s post-destruction of Romulus

I really wonder if Beverly died on the Enterprise trying to rescue people or something. I feel like it can’t just be ‘oh no, too many people died’

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Trek just going along with JJ's terrible "Entire Romulan Empire... uh exploded, that's why my space miners are so mad!" thing as cannon and not just some dumb side-universe bullshit is really depressing. I was hoping they would have just ignored the movies and let them do their own thing.
It’s just Romulus/Remus as far as we know

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There was a lot of stuff that was never really explained. They teased the mysterious Future Guy for multiple seasons and then never explained what his deal was. Apparently the plan was for him to be a future version of Archer, maybe from a different timeline. I'm just glad that they concluded that arc so we didn't have to deal with its nonsense for the entire show's run.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

How is Scotty supposed to be older than Bones?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Please no birther conspiracy theories
Release the dental certificate

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Janeway gets laid by an Irish stereotype hologram, she doesn't get to criticize anyone else about their sex life

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Pick posted:

Garak had the best plan for dealing with changelings (death)
Enabran Tain Was Right

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

For some reason I thought Alex Roshenko was killed off screen sometime in DS9 but apparently not.
Nope, he's actually in several episodes

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rest in piss, fascist spoonheads
Never noticed the two bodies next to the screen they are always gawking at

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

sweet geek swag posted:

Obviously the Federation lost a war or something there. It is the only explanation.
The UFP gets the short end of the stick on a lot of treaties for no real reason (see- Treaty of Algeron, where the UFP is banned from researching or making cloaking tech but it’s a-ok for the Romulans to do it).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Maquis were so bad and so loving wrong. Their entirely arguments boiled down to sacred clay and gold-fringed flags. They were a mix of settler-colonialist nationalists and free-men-on-the-land all LARPing as oppressed freedom fighters.
Pretty much yes. I hope the writers were never trying to make us side with them because they sure as hell never came off as anything but unlikable douches.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Blistex posted:

The JJ-verse is a cancer on the colon of Star Trek. It needs to be forgotten, not accommodated or explained.
Well it’s basically dead at this point so you may get your wish

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The General posted:

Do it. Watch Voyager. I myself still need to watch Nemesis, Into Darkness and Beyond. I swear, I'm gonna do it some day. I have seen everything else, what's another six hours?
Beyond is mostly forgettable but it's definitely not deserving of being in the same conversation as Nemesis and Into Darkness.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

buttcrackmenace posted:

I am nearing the end of Voyager now. Final dozen episodes, I think

once I've finished this I shall reward myself by rewatching DS9
That would be a good palate cleanser

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/irastevenbehr/status/1141448202282909696?s=21

He wrote arguably the two best Trek episodes with The Inner Light and In the Pale Moonlight

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Preston Waters posted:

nobody answered my inquiry

does Seven gently caress the doctor or not

i wanna know if i'm wasting my time watching this
No she doesn't

Closest is the one episode where he is having dreams about her or something to that effect

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

buttcrackmenace posted:

so I finally sat down and shotgunned the last two episodes of Voyager

anticlimactic.

I couldnt even be arsed to pause it at the final screen in order to ID the different starships out of the fleet that showed up at the wormhole

I was going to rewatch DS9 but it occurs to me that I've missed most of TOS... time to remedy that.
I think the only notable ship you see in that fleet is a Prometheus class

Other than that it's the usual Akiras/Nebulas

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I hadn't seen it in awhile but i watched a clip of that last part of the episode and there are like 8-10 Galaxy class ships which seems extremely high

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

To be fair, though... Vulcans could be massive douchenozzles
Could be?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Those aliens that steal your kidneys and other giblets and staple them onto their face were pretty cool imo
The Vidiians were interesting but like with most Voyager aliens, poorly used

Like there’s a whole episode where one of their scientists splits B’Elanna into one fully Klingon person and one fully human person. How do you even do that. Then they kill off the Klingon B’Elanna but the regular human one is ok and they just fix this somehow? The bonus stupidity of the episode is that the Vidiian scientist wants to gently caress Klingon B’Elanna but she is not interested, so to win her over the scientist kills a captured Red Shirt and puts that Red Shirt’s face over his own like he’s Leatherface.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ensign Expendable posted:

I remember when Tom Paris built a spaceship and then wanted to gently caress the spaceship.
Those are separate episodes at least

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The General posted:

I still can't believe how much I like disco Spock.
He and Disco Pike were some inspired casting

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

InediblePenguin posted:

hello thread i just started watching ds9 for the first time, anything i should expect?
It's good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Nah, they are just doing a variant of the "Rimmer Salute"

I always make sure to do this before I eat rear end

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I love how blatant back-door pilots are. Sure we have this show that you're entirely used to, but here's an entire episode about someone you've never met before, and will never see again!
I remember there were a few episodes of House in one of the latter seasons where they were trying to spinoff this private investigator character and it just wasn't working

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would argue that Frasier was more successful than Cheers

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I was going to say Riker it has a 1 on the dog tag

Maybe Q turned him into a dog for the lolz offscreen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

sweet geek swag posted:

To be fair, it might be one of pstews rescue dogs. If that is the case then it probably isn't their fault that the ears are like that.
I’m like 99% sure it’s one of those dogs

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

dudeness posted:

Season 1: A 13 episode long legal battle wherein Picard tries to get the Federation to recognize Capt. Picard Day as a federational holiday.
“I’m a role model, heheh”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Two of my favorite Dukat moments are him doing the ‘I hosed your mom’ call and also in ‘Civil Defense’ where he shows up on the station to gloat about the security system killing the DS9 crew only for him to get trapped because his superiors back then didn’t trust him and put in a fail safe if he tried to abandon his post

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

peak dukat was him turning the lasers off, getting a cup of tea, and then turning them back on again
I also love the look on Garak’s face when it dawns on Dukat that he is now trapped too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That's the funny thing I actually like his shows even the bad ones I probably shouldn't.
American Dad is still good but I think at this point he only voices some of the characters and has no other involvement