Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

veni veni veni posted:

Is there anywhere that Demos the Vive?

Do Microsoft stores still do them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Has anyone figured out how to play out of ammo without a 5 meter by 5 meter play space? The main menu is just so big that even with my entire apartment I can't actually reach most of the options...

You can teleport in that area

Main issue I've had is if the .50 cal bunker is facing certain directions, I have a bitch of a time working the charging handles

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Zaphod42 posted:

Do you actually hold the gun and aim with two hands?

I was just thinking its cool how lots of VR games have you dual fisting guns, but it gets a bit old and I'd kinda like to just hold a rifle for a change, or use two hands on a single pistol. I guess that wouldn't really work with VIVE controllers though? Maybe?

John Wick supports it, and yeah with the Vive wands it gets awkward. Also a good example of 'scale the guns to work with the controller'.

I never have an issue presschecking handguns in H3VR, but in Pavlov or John Wick the controllers get in each others way. Knuckle controllers will 100% fix this so thats the next bit of tech I'm hanging out for.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Literally all the damage to my Vive and the wall near my play area have been from Gorn. There's a decent amount of plaster embedded in the controller cracks and I've had to reseat the plastic a few times. And they still work 100%

Also really glad the super Alpha builds he gave out seem to have transferred over to the full release. Less so that I'm still stuck with a 1.5x2m space, but 2m squared is very much required (see previous paragraph)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Chadzok posted:

The arm-swingy movement in GORN is going to take me a little bit of getting used to.. which is a shame, because other than that it'd be a great show-offy game to throw people into. It'll be perfect for the VRcades of the future with 10m*10m arenas.

I asked the dev a while ago, arm swinging movement is by design so you can't just evade everyone with no effort.

Turns out it'll launch fine even if your space is smaller than 2x2m, so I tried it last night and holy gently caress is it an improvement. So much polish, more visceral injuries. Gonna have to gift a copy to someone just so I can give him dosh

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

FTFY. Also the video that convinced me to buy it.

H3VR hasn't gotten old for me at all. The simple fact that not only is Anton adding more guns and scenarios, but he keeps playing around with different things to work VR, like locomotion options and physics (one of the big updates a while ago was adding different gravity options, including zero-G)

Flip cocking lever actions are amazing too. Another thing he keeps experimenting with- how to replicate actual firearm mechanics. The AR bolt-release slap, the HK slap (sadly still not on the Steyr AUG) decocking semi-auto's, single-action revolvers, reloading with clips, AK Iraqi reloads, all sorts of fun things that you probably don't want to do with a live firearm in your house. Exemplified by the fact that yes, the Single Action Army does not have a drop safety and will discharge if dropped or bashed against something. It's the little things that sell it.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Dunno if anyone has posted this yet but, I guess it's Vives counter to the super-cheap Oculus offer? :effort:

https://www.vive.com/au/front-defense-special-edition/

$100 off (it's ~$1300 in 'Straya so) free copy of a game I've not heard of before, and a special cover thing.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Taintrunner posted:

Someone made a VTOL VR, I'm gonna check it out later today, but it looks like a DCS equivalent to Ultrawings.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/667970/VTOL_VR/

I came here to ask about these two. Definitely post up your thoughts because I kinda want them both.

Only VR plane stuff I've tried is Warthunder w/ a PS3 controller, which is surprisingly good.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So I got VTOL VR, and yes, it is really loving good for an Alpha build / Early Access. Feels like a next gen Eagle One: Harrier Attack, which wasn't great but the VTOL mechanics made it a bit interesting. So far only the turbojet faux-CV-22 is available but they promise the not-F/A-18 later on.

The start up sequence is fairly simple and just adds flavour. The main troubles come from operating certain controls while flying, it takes a few goes to get into the rhythm of transitioning from vertical to regular flight for example. Once you're set and doing things like dogfighting or landing, the controls you need are all HOTAS and a non-issue to manage. Biggest habit I'm still learning- the cyclic is used like a gaming joystick with 3 directions (X/Y and twist) and since there's no physical stick in hand, I tend to add some twist while doing basic flight maneuvering.

I need to record some gameplay to show it off, because even in the state it's in, it's pretty much a complete simulator. Just needs some polish and more 'game' stuff like the aforementioned fighter jet, different campaigns, that kind of stuff.

Can't compare it to Ultrawings as I went with VTOL first, but yes, solid game, can recommend to flyboys.

EDIT- just to clarify- this was the immersive jet VTOL sim game, where you use the motion controllers to grab the virtual controls in a virtual cockpit. I used the Vive ones which take some getting used to with the grip button, I imagine using Touch would be completely seamless.

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 6, 2017

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

JazzFlight posted:

Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades (or whichever order the title is in) is pretty drat cool. I've never fired an actual firearm before, so the volume and kickback of the shots along with having to manually load is very satisfying.

I'm not sure how much of an actual game is there yet, and I haven't figured out how to duplicate ammo or set it to infinite, but it's a cool playground.

MEATS, Werstworld, Meatgrinder, Arcade Protocol and Breaching Protocol are the most 'game' levels. MEATS is an interactive shooting range including an Equilibrium simulator (Cleric mode), WW is a Westworld parody with a bunch of puzzles and pre 1900 guns, Meatgrinder is kinda like Receiver (Slenderman with guns) with the hunting for guns and the robots trying to kill you, Arcade puts you on a platform against a bunch of targets at all angles, and Breaching lets you run an IPSC course with your choice of guns.

Put ammo in your chest slot, then hover the controller over it and click the touchpad. It should turn purple. You can also stack multiple bullets (up to 10) in the slot by pressing down. Anton has a video that explains it pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukw-SbrDTEc

The Blade Runner That Gun he just added is amazing and you should try running that with the ProxMine rounds

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

moosecow333 posted:

I also am in love with H3VR. I really hope the dev includes more WW2 guns than just the Luger.

No Luger as yet, closest is the Ruger Mk.3 which has a Luger style grip. Last month though he added new ammo types in preparation for a bunch of WW2 guns (which he hasn't confirmed but I can guess based on the ammo) which as Johnny said, is going to be the next big update Soon(tm)

Added New Ammunition Type (for the future): 7.62x38mm (Nagant Revolver)
Added New Ammunition Type (for the future): 10.6x25mmR (Imperial German equivalent of the Webley and .44 Special S&W)
Added New Ammunition Type (for the future): 7.63x25mmMauser (C96 Mauser, already in the game)
Added New Ammunition Type (for the future): 7.92x57mmMauser (Gewehr 98 rifles, like the Kar98, G41/43, FJ-42 and MG-34 and -42 machineguns)
Added New Ammunition Type (for the future): .30 Carbine (M1 Carbine :fap: )
Added New Ammunition Type (for the future): .30-06 Springfield (M1 Garand :hawaaaafap: M1903 Springfield and M1917/1919 machineguns)

He's also already got-
.50BMG (M2 .50 cal)
7.62x54R (Mosin Nagant, DP-27, SVT-40)
9mm Luger (Luger, MP-40, Sten)
.45ACP (Thompson, Grease gun)
7.62x25mm (PPSh-41)

The only big one he's missing is .303 and .455 for the Brits main weapons, but even without them, there's a shitload of options for Anton to pursue.

You have to remember he likes doing massive updates, with Wurstworld he added about 10 new guns, while the Xmas update last year was more like 15 over the course of a month.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

moosecow333 posted:

Whoa, I'm really excited for that update which might be coming out! Also, has anyone found a way to rotate your facing in H3VR? Some of the stuff happens behind or to the side where my sensors are a bit weak and I don't really have anywhere to put an additional sensor.

AFAIK theres no options, you'd have to change the room itself in Steam beforehand. Or use this tool, which I haven't and can't vouch for- https://amp.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4yoihe/chaperonetweak_an_invr_chaperone_editor/

It'sa common issue with roomscale, only games I think of that have it are TiltBrush and Symphony of the Machine

Tangentially related, I love how VTOL VR handles finding where your seat is. Was initially worried I'd have to put a chair in just the right place to make it play ball

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

eonblue174 posted:

Just got my rift n touch, no Xbox controller and it was in its own special package with no spot for one. But anyways, are there any vr games that give the feel of this gif?

https://twitter.com/XenosynthPlus/status/895088943992946688

VTOL VR if you're ok with a 25 buck early access game

I now want MW5 to have a VR version. Or Steel Battalion to be ported over and rebuilt for it.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Had another go at VTOL VR, it's still really good though the lack of features are getting more apparent. Trying to lock up targets is a bit difficult, though the HMD targetting system is cool as hell- a small screen drops over your right eye and displays a zoomable targeting camera that slaves to your helmet. I'm doubly down on my recommendation if it looks interesting, because it is, but it's also super Alpha build with barebones features.

I'll get some video recorded but the GeForce 'Shadowplay' recorder I'm using isn't picking up any audio if I set the Vive headset as the primary. Anyone got any experience with GeForce and recording VR?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

alphabettitouretti posted:

How do I switch from VTOL to regular flying? I figured our starting the engine and going up but then I just sort of flounder around before smashing into something.

And has anyone else tried this on Rift? Using the touch controllers the joystick seems to be wonky and I have to twist my hand in weird directions to roll and pitch.

Playing this has made me want a VR version of an old game called Battle Engine Aquila, where you have a VTOL that transforms into a mech. That'd be super cool in VR.

Go to The Island, not the Free Flight one, and look under the tutorials. There are two currently available, one that walks you through the startup procedure, and the other handles actual flying. Those helped me out massively after dicking about on the carrier and mostly ending up underwater.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

PerrineClostermann posted:

Playing H3VR or whatever its acronym is, I can tell you I can't aim worth a drat holding a virtual gun with freestyle motion controllers. There's far too much sway picked up by the motion trackers. Do other games compensate for that?

H3VR is the 'worst' for trying to use sniper rifles because yeah, there's zero correction unless you use a bipod. When we've tried doing 200m or more shoots, our only solution was to lay down and use all the pillows.

The main issue is that with a long gun, you're supposed to use your entire upper body to stabilize and aim, which is impossible if there isn't a physical connection between the firearm and your shoulder. Which is why you get a lot of people scratch building things like this-

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

If you absolutely need it to be rock solid, best solution I've found is the XCOM sniper hold, where you fold your weaker arm under the 'rifle' and grip your dominant forearm/elbow. I do that when I need zero sway, though shifting aim is slow as hell. Best pic I could find, watch any firing animation from the EU/EW snipers and you'll see it.

EDIT- Obviously this limits you to one-handing any guns which is still not ideal.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I posted this in the Discord, but it seems relevant here- the Hover Junkers guy talking about VR guns. Specifically trying to control two handed firearms and trying to stablise something when there's no physical stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYrkXK3V2ik

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Finally made a VTOL VR video. Still having issues with recording things- Shadowplay has a tendency to not record sound, and I'm still figuring out using OBS. Also using the Vive microphone with a jury-rigged pop filter that's still pretty poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqK-IfYbX8

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Cojawfee posted:

Unless you messed with your SteamVR settings, it should be setting the Vive to the default audio device.

I did, since I used to set it to speakers for when my mates were playing it. It's set back to using the Vive for audio after I got the DAS (which is must have and should really come standard with new Vives)

Thanks for the tips, I've messed with a few things and I think I've got sound recording properly. Looks like it was the 'exclusive control' bullshit.

Also had a proper round of Pavlov tonight and yes, the last updates have made it so much better.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ralith posted:

Am I the only one who finds the stock Vive headstrap perfectly comfortable for extended use? It was tricky to get adjusted right, but it's fine now.

I was fine with it, aside from it coming loose when looking directly down and the hassles of adjusting it for my mates- real fun trying to make it fit a tiny head right after a boofhead.

Its more the fact that, after using the deluxe strap, the original can safely be hosed off. No contest between them

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

EbolaIvory posted:

Steam says I have 2.2X1.6m or whatever.

Gorn can be fine! :v:

I picked it up before the new movement and had no problems (Ok I broke a set of blinds, but it was robo recall, and it was my first night!). I just keep the oculus walls up and keep steams outline of my playspace on at all times (ground lines, not the walls).

Gorn definitely is one of the ones though that if you arent paying attention, shits getting broken.

This. I roll with 1.5x1.8m and it's fine. I've only punched the wall a few dozen times, and a mate smashed the front of my PC, but you can just pop the plastic casing of the Vive controllers back in no problem.

Anyone tried the Gorn local MP? We tried to get it going last week, but I missed that you needed to unlock the Custom game mode

Also H3VR updated the survival-horror mode Meatgrinder last week as well, it's fantastic. Highly recommend it.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Cojawfee posted:

So there's an actual game to H3VR? It looked interesting because of how realistic the guns are, but I never bothered because all people ever showed off was sitting in a room shooting guns at the wall.

I've compared it to GMod for how much of a 'game' it is- it's more a sandbox with various environments and mini-games attached, with a focus on realistic firearm handling and simulations of various shooting disciplines like IPSC. From a few months back-

Paingod556 posted:

MEATS, Wurstworld, Meatgrinder, Arcade Protocol and Breaching Protocol are the most 'game' levels. MEATS is an interactive shooting range including an Equilibrium simulator (Cleric mode), WW is a Westworld parody with a bunch of puzzles and pre 1900 guns, Meatgrinder is kinda like Receiver (Slenderman with guns) with the hunting for guns and the robots trying to kill you, Arcade puts you on a platform against a bunch of targets at all angles, and Breaching lets you run an IPSC course with your choice of guns.

Put ammo in your chest slot, then hover the controller over it and click the touchpad. It should turn purple. You can also stack multiple bullets (up to 10) in the slot by pressing down. Anton has a video that explains it pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukw-SbrDTEc

The Blade Runner That Gun he just added is amazing and you should try running that with the ProxMine rounds

There's also a two Arena modes with a killhouse you can fill with bots, including some modified Wurstworld ones that can have armour. And the Meatgrinder update is less of a slog and more enjoyable overall, either in the standard very limited ammo mode or when you change it so you have access to all the guns and just want to hunt for robots and listen to Cave Johnsons psychotic cousin rambling.

We're also still waiting on the WW2 update to happen, which should have a bunch of robot shooting modes and all the firearms from that era that still aren't in the game, which is most of them

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Adding to controller-destroying chat, while playing Gorn tonight I had the bright idea to do an arm-crossing scissor slice while wielding two blades. Third time I tried it I banged my Touch controllers together. No damage to either, but lesson learned.

As an aside, has anyone trusted their friends enough to let them demo this game?

Sure. Many dents in the wall resulted. Worth it to watch people flail around. The Vive wands are pretty robust.

Still hanging out for the Knuckles though, one of my trackpads is giving up and doesnt click properly. Anyone had this happen and maybe has a fix?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ralith posted:

A little rubber nub under the middle of the trackpad has fallen off. Very common issue, widely regarded as a design flaw (probably didn't help to have people punching the wall with it regularly though :v:). Can be glued back in place if you manage to open up the controller without snapping any of the tiny fragile ribbon cables or screwing up the calibration; there are videos on youtube. Covered by warranty but RMA service from HTC is garbage.

I'll give it a look. Considering I've had them 11 months I'm not worried, they've gotten used fairly heavily so I woulda put it down to wear and tear.

The wall bashing has popped the casing open a few times, but it clicks back in no worries.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

An update on my dicky Vive trackpad. Took me a month but

Ralith posted:

A little rubber nub under the middle of the trackpad has fallen off. Very common issue, widely regarded as a design flaw (probably didn't help to have people punching the wall with it regularly though :v:). Can be glued back in place if you manage to open up the controller without snapping any of the tiny fragile ribbon cables or screwing up the calibration; there are videos on youtube. Covered by warranty but RMA service from HTC is garbage.

I tried doing the repair tonight, took 5 minutes once I got the first bastard screws out, not much more difficult than poo poo I've had to do to laptops and hard drives. Restuck the nub and now it runs perfectly. Many thanks

Also Space Pirate Trainer update is cool and good.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Did you mean like these?

With green screen
Without green screen

rage-saq posted:

OBS has a good OpenVR plugin that can get you one eyes output for the stream.
You can also use OBS to composite a webcam or setup a Mixed Reality recording that combines a camera that is aligned with your VR games engineer (real tracker or static emulated position) and can combine with a greenscreen setup to put you “in the game”.
I do the regular old webcam setup with a tiny webcam window on top of an OpenVR 16x9 window. It looks ok, I’m not a real “streamer” though. I mainly just do it to catch sweet replays or to try to get some of my friends into a game.

Thanks for posting this, I'll need to give this a try. Lots of games default to using a 'cyclops' view between the eyes, so sniping looks weird when I record

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Vive, so I'll dig up OpenVR

iceaim posted:

None of this disappoints me. It's still a step up in immersion from playing on a monitor. Also dash teleport is still better than regular teleport. One handed weapons is not ideal, but Fallout 4 will have the same thing.

Of course I'd rather see touchpad locomotion, but I like the fact that this is a mixed monitor and headset VR game.

On top of it this is a free update so I am far more forgiving.

On one hand, they did the John Wick VR game with LionGameLion, which had proper reloading and two handed grips, so this is a step backwards.
On the other, that game was a static shooter, zero mobility. Plus given PD2 has double the firearms that H3VR has, expecting them to have all of them with even basic Pavlov styles reloads may be a bit much.

I'll be trying it, but expectations are low. Especially now that H3VR has the M1 Garand GLORIOUS PING added in the beta. Arena fights are amazing with that

Edit- the gunlist- http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Payday_2
Latest additions were from Raid WW2- Garand, MP40, and P08 Luger. Though I'll probably stick to either Akimbo Peacemakers or Akimbo AKS-74u while in VR :getin:

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 23, 2017

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Knifegrab posted:

Payday vr is really cool and fun. Also free if you already own pay day 2.

This. My feet hurt and I went down a lot more than normal, but it's pretty good. Just needs some tweaks for the controls and ideally some locomotion options.

Also being forced at Level 0/0 doesn't help, I wanted to start with my modded MAG58 and Loco.

Getting video uploaded, since I got OBS working for Gorn multiplayer. See below, if you have a high tolerance for shitposting Australians and bad memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUwK_7NFXZs

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

rage-saq posted:

So today the PayDay2 VR update 1.1 dropped which added Oculus support. I tried it and I lasted about 5 minutes before I had to stop because it was just so bad.

I had an M16 which was implemented as a two handed assault rifle, and that part seemed to work well. But if you start using the M16 in two handed mode you start running into the most glaring horrible flaw the game has, the locomotion. While you are two handing the M16 your movement ability is basically really short steps in one direction, forwards. That being said, the M16 had a better feel to it than I gave them credit for being able to do given their choice of locomotion. So, if they add real FPS locomotion to the game there might be something there worth playing.

The teleportation locomotion is so unbelievably bad I don't really understand how something like this makes it into VR in TYOOL 2017 where VR FPS games optimal locomotion methods are a totally figured out thing. Teleportation is a bad locomotion for VR games in general, and especially for anything you attempt to play like a normal FPS, like say, an actual normal FPS that had VR added onto it. When your controls conflict with each other (two handing the M16 kind of breaks teleportation locomotion) you have an obviously broken system and you don't ship it, you fix it, even in a beta

Other notes.
The controls are pretty bad, you use like trigger on some square to switch between your rifle and pistol, I think? And then when you are holding your rifle you press grip to eject the mag for... reasons? And then to reload you can slam the gun into the ammo square on the belt OR pick up a mag with the belt ammo square with your off hand. Weird to have both. Also you use grip to grab the front of the rifle and hold it to keep using it, this is bad.
The belt control system was pretty horrible, but I can quite easily see it as a simple test implementation to get VR going while a better more appropriate inventory/management system is created.

If they keep updating the VR beta frequently there could be something playable that gets squeezed out, possibly by accident.

The game has to match VR movement to regular movement, so the way it works is the 'teleport dash' has the player avatar sprint, which is why if you try moving a bunch it takes time for the max teleport range to increase. Also when I did it a ton I got to hear Ron Perlman suffer an asthma attack as my stamina hit 0. Two handing a gun = aiming down the sights for mechanical reasons, which also drops your movement speed. I'll give it a go with the skill that lets you move at normal speed while ADS and see if that works as intended.

This would obviously be solved with trackpad/joystick loco like in Pavlov, hopefully Overkill get that working soon. The current system also has a freakout if you try to move past large objects, refusing you let you go around it unless you can find the 'sweet spot'.

I didn't mind the belt system concept, just needs some tweaks to make it less intrusive. The reloading system is weird but once you get used to it, it's actually fun, and I say that as this threads primary H3VR promoting gun sperg (also the new Take and Hold mode in the last update is great, so that's a new full 'game' in this sandbox :v: ) The one massive advantage of the system is that you can force reload with a partial magazine by grabbing the new mag zone thing while it's still going, and slamming it into the gun. So if you just need a new more rounds in a hurry to kill something, it's a viable strategy.

So yeah, currently it's clunky as gently caress and priced accordingly (free) but it's not salvageable and personally, I've been enjoying it.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

EbolaIvory posted:

Can you explain the reload? I don't get it. Maybe even explain it like I'm 4 years old. Thought you like, slammed it down to the "gun area" or whatever on your right, but nope. so ive just been letting the timer do its thing and wiggling my gun around.

IF this game gets proper locomotion, theres a gem hiding here. Beyond the bullshit teleporting that makes you feel like you're whiplashing, its actually way more fun than regular payday 2 (to me). The whole shooting rifles with 1 hand like pistols is hilarious and arcade fun so all that kind of nonsense don't bother me being goofy broken. But holy poo poo the whiplash this teleport has. Woof.

I'm still uploading video, where A- I get a good handle on how to reload, and B- one of my mates, after I mentioned being disorientated while 'jumping', suggested doing 'Birth of Sky' :ohdear:

I also don't recommend trying to 'jump' down heights, like from first to ground floor in Stealing Xmas. I'm well used to the feeling from a lot of VR time, but even that throws me off.

As for reloading, the way it works is-
1- Press the Grip on your gun hand once to eject your mag
2- Look at the belt slot front and centre- it will start a count up to how big the magazine is. When the count is complete, shove your gun hand through it and it should reload.
3- At any time up to and including when the count is complete, you can use your non-gun hand to grab the magazine (hand in the reload area, Grip to grab the mag) and then load it in. Theres a lot of leeway there, you just need to get the mag near the magazine well and it'll work. If you grab the magazine before the count is done, it will do a partial reload of how many bullets it got up to.

So if you rock a Thompson (and you should, going Chicago style on cops feel fantastic) a full reload is 50 rounds. If you grab the mag when it's only halfway, it'll reload with only 25 rounds.

Also the save game swap worked and I'm going to try a full Akimbo build, and to see how it handles the LMG bipods now I've got my MAG58 back.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

AgentF posted:

Now this appears to be like a 45gb download to me? Could that possibly be right? Steam is telling me that my C:\ has 12XXXMb free and the game requires 45XXXMb.

For the entire game? Yes. Overkill is bad at limiting bloat

You then need to activate the beta in the Steam options. That goes for anyone who wants to play it normally with VR people. Which I've done both ways and is seamless.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Songbearer posted:

Pop cases open, find random guns

Fuckin lootboxes :argh:

Seriously, every new mode Anton adds becomes ny favorite. Still waiting for that big WW2 setpiece though that was promised months back

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

For anyone who's a fan of Penn and Teller, LRR or Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of, it has arrived

Downloading now, doubt I'll post any impressions because Desert Bus doesn't conform to anything at all, really.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

For those complaining about H3VR not explaining stuff, good news- Anton updated his video tutorial and is gonna post a bunch more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBaLc-W11jg

It's still my favourite VR game. I think I'm at 60 hours total, a chunk of that thanks to the Meatmas update. I also do competitive shooting, and with the exception of sniping (which has been an ongoing issue for this game due to it's precise nature) it feels natural. Especially with the bullpups he added last year which just feel weird to reload.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So me and my mates tried PayDay 2 again, now that 3 of us have VR. After some awkwardness relearning how to do things, and some bugs with some weapons not shooting, it was a good loving time.

Mostly because they finally allowed you to use grenade launchers and machineguns. Mowing diwn cops with the Minigun never gets old :v:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Gort posted:

How is Payday 2 in VR compared to... not? I'm presuming way more immersive and a lot harder?

It varies. Mobility is weird since you can't do the normal strafing as it uses the dash-to-spot locomotion, so shifting position requires conscious effort. But you can also make better use of cover since you can peak and blindfire unlike regular PD2. Reloading is simple and 'game-y' enough to not distract you much, plus there's the bonus of being able to partial reload a magazine which has been a lifesaver. The biggest thing is that you can use two hands at the same time, which means akimbo guns are amazing plus you can do things like pick locks or res a buddy while also mowing down cops.

The most annoying part are the snipers, since you can't evade them as well, plus it's a lot more difficult to do accurate long range shooting. That, plus everyone wants to bring shotguns and anything with a giggle switch and max ammo over accuracy, ie. my MG-42 I done brought.

It hasn't really changed from when it first came out, if you find those posts from last Oct/Nov, except there are more usable guns (still no RPG or flamer) and more heists. Reservoir Dogs on Overkill gave us headaches, but still fun. Except the snipers and that loving Day 2 guntruck.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Shemp the Stooge posted:

My vive trackpad button just gave out. The tracking and pad still works but the button is completely mush. All that snap turning in FO4VR. What a piece of garbage. Need Knuckles now.

I had that. Fixing it is real easy if you're ok with tearing apart electronics. Google up some guides, thats what I did

Note that while my trackpad is good as new, I think I damaged one of the sensors. Had to cover it to stop it from randomly drifting but its not 100% anymore. Perfectly playable though

I too am impatiently waiting for the Knuckles. My plan to get them regardless is why I risked the repair job. Now its looking like I'll be waiting for the new headset, buy the full package, sell the current one to a mate, and I guess a new Titan or 1080 PC to power it. Current rig is 5 years old but the 970 and 24gb RAM in it works well enough

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Cojawfee posted:

People should just not buy ... Bethesda ... game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

CapnBry posted:

I just played Wurstworld in hotdogs horseshoes and hand grenades last night and I gotta give Anton props for continuing to churn out cool content even when I am apathetic for a while. Fun little mini games like horseshoes and shoot the things in order puzzles bolster your standard solo shooting against AI gameplay. Also the background announcements and voicemail tapes are pretty funny. I have to say that repeating guns used to be some bulllllllshit. Put all your bullets in the tube then twist the front bit and pull the lever and fire your teeny little bullet and you'd better hope they go down in 8 shots because good luck reloading this thing under fire. Has anyone had the problem that enemies stop spawning even though I am wearing the sheriff badge? Am I doing it wrong?

Congrats, you just learned why the Volcanic was a commercial flop. Thankfully it lead to the superior 1894 and Model 8, both of them are in Wurstworld and do very well against the wieners.