Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi thread and welcome to your new home in PYF! Please be aware that while chatting/empty-quoting/single emoticon/etc replies are all a-okay here hatespeech, flaming, and the like are not. Thanks and have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

No problem :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Arkanomen posted:

IRRC I think FYAD were sneaking edits into Wikipedia and seeing how long they would fly under the radar. Ty tried to get AFF permabanned with IP logs and FYAD screenshots and basically AFF was able to gaslight and turn it on Ty by basically acting like a rational human being. Mods agreed it was Ty covering his own actions and banned him and then he killed himself over it.

That took a grim turn :stare:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

how passe is it to point out a username/post combo

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Bummer about losing the artwork though, it was stellar.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Syd Midnight posted:

I still cant decide if this is shameful or brilliant, I suppose it can be both

My boyfriend read this and said "that's so stupid, it's 'do you have a second floor' or something"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah, he's a butthurt tard

Aesop Poprock posted:

Watching you get progressively whinier in the GBS thread as things started to not go your way was one of the best parts of it

Please try to stick to past present or maybe even future sagas in this thread, rather than personal attacks.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Disgusting Coward posted:

Let's not kid ourselves - half the wonks on this site would give a kidney to be allowed to moderate. Of the wonks who do become moderators, drat few step down. Of the wonks who are forcibly demodded, a sizeable percentage get fuckin' FURIOUS and flame out. A lot of the ones who've been demodded [angerbeet, Franco, Ralp] still hang around QCS like the Ghosts of Faggots Past, unable to let go of that one time they had a taste of that sweet, sweet Internet clout. FactsAreUseless, our current Ralp-In-Waiting, totally changed all of his opinions the second Lowtax suggested demoddings might happen. Ain't none of those folks hard done by. As depressing as it is, they're living their dreams.

Like, for all the OOOOOHHHHHH THEY DO A HARD JOB IT'S SO THANKLESS I WOULD NEVER BE A MOD patter, it's dudes doing a thing that they'd be doing anyway - sitting on their rear end reading a forum. Hardly arduous. The real reason so many of them go apeshit is because if you give socially isolated weirdos any semblance of power - real or imagined - they immediately get drunk as gently caress and start trying to apply their shiny new hammer to everything that could conceivably be a nail.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just so that the probation flag isn't misinterpreted, I gave Disgusting Coward six hours for the word "faggots."

Please continue your discourse :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

exploded mummy posted:

I'm more surprised no one picked up my zdr joke

I wish I had saved more of the zdr doxx reactions. they were really proud of themselves.

There was a lot more information in this post, I just didn't bother capping it all. After this it took a couple pages of grinning and backslaps before anybody even commented on goatse.

Somebody thought to question the name veracity after this and so they doubled down. zdr was definitely Kirk Johnson. One guy said he could "have eyes on his house by Thursday."

Eventually they figured it out.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I think that if people want to engage with folks from their own personal Facebook pages that's their prerogative. I agree that's it's not the most interesting content, though. I usually skip those myself.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

du -hast posted:

:siren: LITERALLY A BIRD: THE DOXXING :siren:

Outcome: LITERALLY A BIRD is not actually a bird.

He/She/Xe is actually a person!!!

They live somewhere, and have an age.

U just got owned by ~the hast man~

well poo poo :ohdear:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

FactsAreUseless posted:

LITERALLY A BIRD get in here and tell me this story

Honestly goons don't hit on me too often -- or at least not where I can see it. It used to happen, but at this point I've been around long enough that most people just sort of go "yeah, that sure is a goonette" and move on. People are usually more concerned with what I do or don't mod than what I look like.

The selfie thread basically exists to churn out positive affirmation, but the guy goons that post get just as many compliments as the girls do. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I figured everyone hit on BIRD because of her amazing avatar, which is just spectacular.

But on the subject of sagas, would someone mind explaining :geno:? I've gathered it has to do with the old Habbo Hotel invasions, but that's the entire extent of my knowledge.
Thanks, I like it too :buddy:

SAclopedia entry on geno is here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=161

The short version:

quote:

An imaginary cult, the result of a hoax-like collaboration of many different goons.

Geno members followed 'The Path', a nebulous spiritual doctrine that had Geno members (all nameless, identified by numbers) shaving their heads and dressing in gray, like depressed monks. Uniformity and the dissolution of identity were all key characteristics of Geno.

Several forumgoers invaded online games and setups like Habbo Hotel with Geno characters, irritating the poo poo out of everyone. At one point, the Geno meme had its own forum and dedicated section of the main SomethingAwful site. As with all forum crazes, it passed into disuse.

What still stands out about the Geno is its familiarity. What makes the Geno annoying and appealing is, we can imagine a cult just like this existing in the real world.

The Path is gray.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i cite the following as evidence

which is terrible for at least two reasons

Sorry, I'm just extremely tired of opening the reports forum and seeing ten new reports that have all been filed for reason: "anime."

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 06:08 on Mar 7, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

No credit to dct?

e: ugh, new page

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Scudworth posted:

May 2016- a guy joined the forums to see about Goonswarm and EVE. He came from Reddit.
He was unprepared for our old-timey ideas like "rules", or "lurking", or "not going on insane angry misogynistic rants".

He made a total of 21 posts, his downfall presented in order here:

HAY WHERES THE EVE SECRETS AT
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&pagenumber=32&perpage=40#post459402048

Literally his 4th post ever, he decides to check out ask/tell
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774358

PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774410

Readers, please don't miss the angry post Lottery of Babylon produced from this gent's blog. Featuring way, way too many words.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774358&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post459422829

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Mar 30, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Aesop Poprock posted:

If it's not this then it's the dumbest worst man alive and possibly the second dumbest man alive doing business with no idea as to how human transactions work in any direction

In other words, it's great

lmbo

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Menstrual Show posted:

I mean I'm sure it's been gone over in this thread but I can't associate SA and wheelchairs with anything but GunChicka and the Post Your Selfie thread.

Beautiful girl in a wheelchair with lots of good tattoos keeps posting in thread, shares increasingly detailed anecdotes about being in a wheelchair, is finally outed as a dude using stolen pics.

I parsed the post as being about GunChicka, too, and had a moment where I was like "live romance? how the hell did I miss that?"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:rimshot:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ghostlight posted:

How do we really know that was a mistake?

You're probably being facetious, but I'm going to shamelessly quote my screencaps from earlier in this thread because it was definitely a mistake, it's on-topic, and it was also hilarious.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I wish I had saved more of the zdr doxx reactions. they were really proud of themselves.

There was a lot more information in this post, I just didn't bother capping it all. After this it took a couple pages of grinning and backslaps before anybody even commented on goatse.

Somebody thought to question the name veracity after this and so they doubled down. zdr was definitely Kirk Johnson. One guy said he could "have eyes on his house by Thursday."

Eventually they figured it out.

Like most of the modmins I was following the saga in real-time and they were sure that zdr was named Kirk Johnson. Absolutely positive. It really is a shame that I hadn't saved more of the self-congratulations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Space Crabs posted:

You can just go get them, the site wasn't down for long.

Well I could, but I guess that means now somebody else could do it for me :sun:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hockey is good

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

HoAssHo posted:

Sorry about that, btw. I didn't realize you had a star now. I thought you were just being bossy lol

At least he's the fun bossy. I'm the regular boring bossy. :saddowns:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That nearly rhymed. PYF SA-related Poetry

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

I am severely disappointed in your lack of knowledge of the first girl to scream on the track. She switched up the beat of the drum.

Other achievements include riding the beat like a bicycle, being icy cold, and no one could forget how her and her girls stay fly and they love to get high.

I'm not very hip :ohdear:

e: I could quote Huey Lewis back at you if you want though

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Aug 9, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kelp Me! posted:

you might not go bald/grow breasts!

A Spider Covets posted:

His nipples are very enthused

Vladimir Poutine posted:

willie_dee posted:

power bottoming is the most dominant form of sex

I've left this thread subtitle-less since it's never really needed one in the past but drat if one of these three isn't tempting.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Syd Midnight posted:

I'm a bit slow following up, but I had to go back and read the thread again to be sure of what I was seeing, and to try and understand more of the slang (like "pin" = "inject"). I meant it when I said that I wasn't posting quotes because there were so many I got tired of quoting. Here's what I mean:

From the OP: "Tren - Trenbolone (Acetate/Enanthate). God jerked off into a vial. Lucky you!".

(edit: If I'm reading that abstract correctly, 400mg is a lifetime supply for a 640 pound bull.)

There is much, much more, but I'll take a break at Pheromone Sex Secrets Doctors Don't Want You To Know! (Discovered By a Goon!).

I'm not going to quote the most depressing posts.

I pride myself on largely being a constructive, and/or polite poster, but what the gently caress.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

OLD RUDELESS :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

nailed it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It's something from a cutscene that the mother tells her son the father does. It's a euphemism for flying fighter jets.

I have never played this game nor watched the LP. Why do I know this?

That's disappointing because I read it as a gunslinger dropping a sweet one-liner before he whips out his revolver and fires.

:clint: I don't have time for this poo poo. Go dance with the angels. :hellyeah:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Good :twisted:

e: or :angel: I guess

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Aug 24, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This is a polite reminder that PYF is not the place to make racially-charged jokes. Whether or not Hogge Wild is of an ethnicity that would make that sort of joke "okay" is not really a factor, because many people reading his post would have no possible way to know that, and allowing something that appears so overtly racist to have a home in this subforum indicates the administration will tolerate offensive and/or racist stereotypes.

And, obviously, we won't.

While Emmy was the one to put the ban through, if any of you continue to take issue with it please direct your PMs to me. He and I are on the same page about this and I'm not interested in having him take flak for such a silly reason.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Let's move on. :) Back in 2009 a goon came across a self-published book called HORRORS, published in 1991 by a young man named Ben Biddick at age 13. It included such tales as THE HORRID REFLECTION, quoted below in its entirety:

quote:

I stepped from the shadow. The sound had come again. I was in the alley off 42nd Street in New York. My hand shook slightly with the loaded Beretta in my hand. The sleek pistol was loaded and cocked, ready to fire. I am a private detective. My name is Luke Bavarious. I like this work.
People had been complaining about weird noises coming from the alley for about a year now and we finally decided to see what was going on. I was assigned to stop these noises.
I edged into the dim light. I saw a dark figure sitting on a dumpster, facing away from me. He was sobbing and crying. I raised my Beretta and lined his quivering back up with my bead.
"You there! What are you doing?" I shouted through the darkness.
"Turn around!" I shouted again.
"Beggin' your pardon, but... you don't want me to turn around," it said.
"Sure I do. I got a pistol pointed at your back so ya better," I replied.
"Okay, you asked for it," the thing mumbled as it began to turn around.
A breeze trickled through the alley as it turned and began to come toward me. I couldn't see him yet, he was shaded in the darkness.
"Step out of the dark."
It inched forward. First its combat boots. Then its legs. Then its chest. Then its head. If you call it a head. His face was horrid. There was an abundance of purple scars. There was blood leaking from an empty eye socket and he only had one shriveled ear. There was no nose. There were no lips. Only holes.
I took a step back in astonishment. I gritted my teeth to keep the vomit down.
He took three more steps forward and I saw his tears glisten in the moonlight.
"I told ya," it said.
He screamed and began to run toward me. His stub of a hand was held high in the air and was ready to commence his brutality. I pulled the trigger on my Beretta. The recoil soothed my fear as I heard a shell hit the pavement and saw the lead make another eye socket in the thing's forehead. It kept coming with the assistance of his adrenaline. It had only been a split second before I squeezed off another round into its neck. The thing was inches away as I fired point blank into the thing's throat. Two shells hit the concrete.
His hand smashed my head terribly powerful. Muscles were strained and torn as my head jerked to the side, smashing a window. I fell and landed in jagged glass. Dazed I fired again and again into the thing's chest. I felt the recoil pushing back rhythmically. Shells hitting the pavement. Bullets hitting the monster. Blood showering me. I felt my own blood from the side of my head fall and drip. I kept firing. The magazine was empty. He staggered. I tasted my tears and blood mixed into a horrid cocktail. It fell down next to me. A badge sparkled on the side of his jacket. Bavarious.
I picked up a large piece of broken glass and saw a horrid reflection. Suddenly, I was sobbing.

I highly recommend it.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3149605

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Knock it off.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was gonna go see this today, but, on second thought, this morning has already been dramatic enough :argh:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

an indefensible business practice

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

EngineerJoe posted:

This is the tiniest hill to die on.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RFC2324 posted:

goons have VERY strong opinions on food related topics

If there's any statement I can unreservedly back after however many years as a moderator... hoo boy, it's this :lol:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Paladinus posted:

Do I misremember or murderdogs is a bannable offence on the account of lowtax owning one?

I think you're thinking of the time LadyAmbien posted about her rescue pitbulls in GBS. A PI regular/longtime pitbull owner/certified dog trainer disagreed with something she was doing and got permabanned for insolence.

No details because it was like two years ago hell if I remember :shrug:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

FactsAreUseless posted:

That was ZDR. They found a Tumblr that wasn't mine.

Didn't they doxx your not-dog too? Is that just a thing now?