Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Can we focus on the freaks?

Half the lastest postings are perfectly normal troubles that are not r/ at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Chichevache posted:

I happen to be male and by and large I agree with this and Pick. I'm sorry if some of the other dudes in this thread feel threatened and insulted by it. Maybe the admins can add a wordfilter to change "men" to "some men" so that no one has to get too offended. :shrug:

Nobody is threatened by it.

EVERY post in EVERY thread picks posts in is the same.

You can be reading a thread on Pre revolution Russia and its relationship to western economics and she will post about some terrible relationship she had with a guy that once ate some Russian food.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Tiny Deer posted:

Because somebody always takes the bait and I love it.

Quick edit: I know that's a childish and silly reason, but it makes me laugh.

wow what a puppetmaster.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Gluten Freeman posted:

that's a lot of chairs

That's the stuff! the oncoming disaster!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Its really easy to say "Be grateful for the giant expensive labor intensive present" when you are NOT the one having to receive the unwanted, unhidable, ruins the aesthetic of your lives biggest investment present.

Its exactly the same as how people always claim they would NEVER change *sports team* just because they were offered 100 million dollars. Easy to claim when its never going to be tested.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

100 degrees Calcium posted:

This is an opportunity for someone to buy 8 nice chairs for super cheap.

This guy... This guy solves the issue.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

bedel jews posted:

Those two can give the chairs a new stain. It is a good project for some practical experience.

Maybe they don't want too, maybe they have absolutely no interest in it. But enough about boring rear end chairs, more bull prepping thanks! (best story in thread)

FAKE EDIT: jinx!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Bonzo posted:

Me [18 M] with my girlfriend [18 F] 3 months, is it weird for my girlfriend to snapchat non nude pics in the shower to guy friends?

I hope he means "Shower photo pics but you cant see anything" or we have found the dumbest and dullest fetish ever.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Have you tried Soylent?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Jesus, show me where the thread touched you, or possibly wanted you to prep the bull.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

The Snoo posted:

:confused:

I don't feel the same way most 'childfree' people do (I usually don't use that word to describe myself because I don't base my whole personality around not having kids lmao). I don't go out of my way to be an rear end in a top hat to parents and their children, I don't want to hurt children and I don't wish for bad things to happen to them, and I'm glad for my friends who had kids and are happy. but I still dislike being around children a lot. so does my husband. :shrug:

like for me it's just personal stuff (trauma, etc) and I can't stand loud noises/screaming so I don't wanna deal with that, and I'm lucky to have a partner who feels the same way. but I think the people on the childfree subreddit are lovely and gross, and usually really drat childish.

I'm probably broken tho, you're right

Well that's not actively disliking them is it, you're not complaining when you see them places and insulting people with kids.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
quote:

How can I[15F] dealing with my conspiracy theorist parents[50s F&M]?

Edit: deal not dealing.

I talked to a counselor at school a few months ago but since they aren't abusing me no one cane do anything.

My parents are conspiracy theorists, from the classic "there was no moon landing" to the really weird "Christianity was invented by queen Victoria to stop prostitution"(ask me for more if you want a laugh).

They're anti-vaxers but luckily I've been fully vaccinated and they blame that for every time I get a cold/the flu. I'm going crazy here, they have a theory for everything, they even think that weight loss is a conspiracy and that everyone is naturally obese.

I try to ignore it but they are freaking insane. Their theories aren't even consistent! They don't even let me out on my own at all(even to the mail box) because of the "kidnapping squads", they think someone wants to steal they're lovely TV from 2005 that I'm not even allowed to watch because of "brain wash rays".

I don't have any family other than them and like I said no one can help since I'm not being abused. I barely have acquaintances and only have one friend(unfortunately I can't stay with him).

How can I not lose it?

tl;dr: My parents are nuts,how can I stay sane?

Edit: Don't message me and tell me to fake abuse. I will not do that.

Fake abuse?

"My mentally disturbed parents wont let me outside or even watch tv due to paranoid beliefs that are not even consistent"

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

scrubs season six posted:

He's a dick but his wife's new rules suck and sound like they're geared towards toddlers.

We don't know how bad these rules are, even the dickhead in the story says he does not disagree with them.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Likewise,

But on the other hand I worked in a secure hospital ward where the 5 of us that didn't smoke got to watched the 13 violent unpredictable patients while constantly undermanned because the staff that did went out every couple of hours to do so. Sure they only took five minutes to do so, but that time didn't include the 10 minutes to get out of the ward, go somewhere they could smoke and then get back.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

haljordan posted:

Shoulda started smoking ya dummy

Wisdom.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, but its not "a couple of 15 minute breaks in an 8 hour shift" its 2/3 nurses leaving every 2/3 hours while we pick up the slack. Slack that involves violent assaults.

And good luck trying to convince the government to hire a few more 60k a years nurses so (some) current staff can take extra breaks.

NINJA EDIT:

Lets not derail again, im not trying to pick on smokers, i'mjust pointing out we cant assume her rules are bullshit when even the guy that wont respect her agrees.. it's entirely possible she was told to clamp down on people taking the cheese, you know what people are like.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

54 40 or gently caress posted:

And I hope some no strings attached lottery winnings come your way as well!

I wonder what the point of even saying "throwaway because they know I'm a Redditor" and "names changed" even is. Just do it.

Or even don't say its a throwaway, then if the SO stumbles upon it they will think its someone else's account

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Jesus gently caress, I take one day off work and you losers have 5 major derails in as many pages?

Jeffery, get us back on track!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
or possibly, us dudes are to thick to hide it well

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

She's an insane miser hoarding money for no reason, except she isn't because she's a shitbird buying multiple houses in a country with a housing shortage.

Did you miss the bit where she isn't because it turns out the money wasn't hers at all?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
If I was rich I'd stop wearing pants.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
And here I was thinking the chair derail was stupid pointless boring poo poo laden garbage.

1. ITS MORE LIKELY THAN NOT A FAKE STORY

2. MORE MORONS/CUCKS/POLYS ITT!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carrion Luggage posted:

stop loving showering with other people, do you poo poo as a team too?

getting clean is not a team sport

Handy tip: Sometime people have showers (brace yourself) NOT explicitly for the purpose of getting clean! There are... things.. that are pleasurable to do in warm water. This requires more than one person, sometimes even more than two!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

FallenGod posted:

Berth ell pup :unsmigghh:

I don't suppose there was any further updates on that?

Best story so far.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Nazzadan posted:

"Alright honey, I brought over the large negro gentleman like you asked me to, are you ready to come watch?"

"Cucking? Oh god no honey, that's so last month. Now I want you to pretend he's your stepbrother who hypnotized you."

So.. um.. what happened next?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carrion Luggage posted:

getting pissed on seem to be the most practiced team sport in the showering event

Handy Tip : shower sex loving sucks, water is the anti sex

The vast vast vast majority of people showering together are not pissing on each other

You're doing it wrong.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Showering with your partner is fun even without sex. :shrug:

Why are you showering with my partner??

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carrion Luggage posted:

did you ask the vast majority of people or are you projecting your prude ways?

And now you think pissing is ok? Makes a sudden change from "stop showering together"

and yes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the vast majority of people are not showering together to take part in a marginal, creepy fetish.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

Actually depressed people tend to push you away so good loving luck with those standards

Wow it’s like depressed people want impossible things from other people and passive aggressively attack them when those things don’t happen

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Pick prob train is really picking (haha) up speed as she unravels.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

QuarkJets posted:

I think my father is a pedophile, do I have a case? (self.legaladvice)

Hey, using a throwaway for obvious reasons.

I am a 22 y/o female in DE, currently working as a waitress at a local restaurant to get a little money on the side as I don't need a lot, my parents pay for my apartment and anything big if anything comes up. I previously thought that this was just out of love but I am not so sure anymore, we were invited by close friends to dinner last weekend and as I live a bit further away I decided to stay overnight at my parents house. Me and my parents always had a great relationship, almost too good to be true now that I think about it, I have no siblings and while my dad was gone most of the week as he works a lot, my mom was always there, when he was there however we were almost inseperable.
I still remember him calling me his "little girl" which already has a kind of predatory sound to it, I know I might be looking to deep into this but hear me out: everytime I introduce a dude to them my dad has this kind of coldness, as if he is jealous, he sometimes even seems aggressive, I talked to my mom about this but she says it's just that he has a hard time letting go of me, he indeed seems very attached to me, too attached, sometimes he will give me a clap on the butt and laugh as if it is nothing.

But now for the reason of this post: Saturday morning I woke up and while my parents were out getting groceries and stuff for breakfast, I went into their bedroom to get a pair of my mom's pyjama pants as I only had the pair of jeans with me that I wore the day before. So I opened the wardrobe and look through her clothes and notice a box at the bottom of the wardrobe.
I take a look inside and there are tons of photos, seemingly innocent family photos, pictures of me as a kid and such.
But in a separate stack with baby pictures, I got severely disturbed when I found pictures of my dad, COMPLETELY NAKED in the bathtub, WITH ME as a naked baby lying ON HIM. Some pictures in that stack seemed normal but sometimes I was completely naked, sitting on his lap or even as they seemingly changed my diapers. I got really sick and immediately left and went home, I still start shaking thinking about his face in these pictures, having that creepy grin on his face. I took the worst of the photos with me just to make sure I have proof they cannot deny in case I can really bring this to court

I'm not sure if this counts as incest, but while I was growing up I'm pretty sure my dad was loving my mum.

Call police? yes/no?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Haifisch posted:

My boyfriend [23m] is a huge stickler for rules and laws. I'm [22f] the opposite

There is nothing deeper here than the fact he is a huge coward and terrified of having some type of confrontation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

value-brand cereal posted:

Is giving a card so hard?

Uh, yes?

Why would you chip in to buy someone that is an absolute oval office to you everyday a gift?