Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
where does summer sausage fall on the salami spectrum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

numberoneposter posted:

i might start going to the gym again cycling in the winter is bullshit and i should probably lift a thing before my arms totally go into atrophy
agreedo plus nobody wants a cyclist body

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the post about unflavored protein going into mac and cheese is changing my life

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Khorne posted:

I always end up not macing mac n cheese because I'm like do I want velveeta or extra sharp cheddar? Sometimes american is pretty good too.
velveeta and what the gently caress kind of question is that even?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tolkien minority posted:

or maybe u can use cheese instead of "pasteurized recipe cheese product"
get hosed

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

UnfurledSails posted:

I hope one day I can squat the famed "highest weight"
lol

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Just vegetarian, not vegan
whey protein

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Keg posted:

there's a girl doing leg presses using a Smith machine
h-how?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
future rip to that lady

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

E_P posted:

I had to contact the maker. I bought it at the elitefts factory in the rear end end of Ohio when I was going to college in Dayton but nowaday I live in S. Korea. I sent them a few emails and eventually gave them my friends military APO to ship to since it is about 100 dollars cheaper and they then proceeded to freak out in a MAGA/ARE TROOPS style and not charge me anything for the replacement. I wouldnt have been able to fix it myself because a simple weld would have broken again really easily.
lol never not take advantage of these idiots

can you even get whey in korea, or is your salami just an infinite supply of bulgogi?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

E_P posted:

It aint that bad. Japan is a little more conservative. In 2011 I saw people covering tattooes because they are a sign of gang membership here but now people dont bother anymore, a lot of people and ever girls have tats in my city. You can get almost everything here, most ON products and I just found a site that ships quest bars here for cheap if I wanna diet. The big difference is gyms are both smaller and everything is cramped together. It aint like Aus or America where your gym is the size of an airplane hanger more like the size of a dentists office. But on the plus side some gyms are attached to a 찜질방 which is like a korean sauna so after leg day I can hop into a super hot jacuzzi style tub and chill for a few minutes while my quads mend in a submerged zero G stasis of 40°C water.
i went to a gym in Seoul and one in Busan and the Busan one was pretty large/western, but it was in a pretty fancy condominium complex near the beach - also super empty except for some old dudes running the treadmills. the one in Seoul was in a university and pretty hosed cramped and the only other dude I ever saw was a huge german named Pablo. no saunas in either, though. i feel ripped off now.

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 1, 2016

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pesmerga posted:

No :smith:

I'm 5'9" :smith:
if it makes you feel any better, you're technically a woman!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

i wish it was acceptable to say 'no' when someone asks to work in.
there is. lie - "oh, I just have one more set"

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Practiced karate for a solid hour in a wicking shirt, which I've never done before.

And will never do again, my nipples are chafed. At least they aren't bleeding.
wicking shirts are always the worst. all my favorite gym shirts have around 25% cotton in them at least, but I sweat less than average

Pon de Bundy posted:

pain i can deal with but why the sudden fatty lump underneathe ONLY my right nipple

a mystery of science...
jesus gently caress go to a doctor no joke.

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Dec 8, 2016

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

E_P posted:

There was a girl very impatiently waiting on the rack while I was squating, it looked like she really wanted to ask me how much longer I had left but she didnt want to risk trying to speak English so she just kind of did some empty barbell squats next to me passive aggressively to signal intent. She seemed very relieved when I finished like she she just outsmarted all her high school English teachers by moving the foreigner without having to open her mouth. Small wins I suppose.
yeah, this is exactly how i imagine the korean gym experience

also some narc just pulled the lunk alarm on my 1am workouts

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tiny Lowtax posted:

When you have no friends you have to brag in the internet about how much you lift as if anyone gives a gently caress at all
it isn't E_P's fault that he's surrounded by 50 million people who are culturally conditions never to talk to him

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tolkien minority posted:

doesnt he live in japan? id always imagined if u were super swole over there ud be like some sort of mythical exotic beast and everyone would love and fear you
they already have ladybaby, so seat is taken

also both counties operate on a shame-based culture of disapproving state anyhow

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
uhhhh no, we should all put tiny lowtax on ignore since this thread's chain of command is based on descending order of max bench

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
one of my girlfriend's pals just started doing meal prep to eat clean and i make a point to offer her pizza and meatballs and peanut butter when she is over because bulk season. she always says yes then asks for more

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Fallows posted:

what are you bragging about here exactly

Rayjenkins posted:

tf is building up his feeder harem lmao
this could not be more self-explanatory

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Winnie the poo poo posted:

i went to the gym yesterday and a guy asked me to film his cheater muscle up so i did. then i squatted just okay
how visible was his erection?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Hey guys have you heard of this gym

Planet FATness

Get it? FAT? Lmao
more like FOLDS Gym!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
can anybody recommend a good compression thinger for an ankle? I got some light but extensive laceration on mine a few days ago and it's inflamed to the point where I'm limping. tape helps a lot, but i don't want to have to keep taping it up.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LordArgh posted:

i've been wanting to learn some c++ programming. anyone got any book recommendations?
Savitch's Problem Solving with C++

also i got as close to passing out mid-workout as I ever have today. i am now a new person who really, really wants a Grand Mac(tm)

a mysterious cloak posted:

That still does not tell me what RP means. Role playing? Retro peritoneal?

edit: oh, Renaissance Periodization. Worth it, goon lords, or no?
jesus christ this spreadsheet poo poo makes me want a pizza

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
some bro grabbed my tricep and asked if i was flexing (wasn't)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Defiant Sally posted:

I picked up two tubs of Rich Piana's REAL FOOD for fun. I'm gonna mix it up with milk, peanut butter, and protein powder to start my day.

IT'S SHAKE TIME GOD DAMNIT
thank you for giving rich piana money

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is this the make fun of CrossFit thread or can someone direct me
welcome home

also i'd love to see the number of crossfit franchises still in existence in 2017 compared to, oh, 2013. nearly every "box" near me has dropped the crossfit branding, is dead, or is dying.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
yeah all the places around me that dropped the crossfit branding realized that you don't have to pay any franchise fees for "HIIT"

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

sassassin posted:

The first person to use a platform after someone dies on it gains their power
there can be only 1RM

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hey! Keep your superficiality out of swole thread ! Respect your wife, fit or fat! Eat more salami
on the other hand, couples where one person works out big time and the other one obviously does not are always kinda funny

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Choco Pies/Mini-Moon Pies: Greatest PWO Literal Stack Ever?!

Yes.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LanceHunter posted:

Got a new 1rm on my overhead press - 255 lbs. Tried to video it and put it on Instagram, but the camera angle is about as unflattering as it can get. Still gonna post the video even though I'm sure mocking will commence.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSgIZEyBIHu/
ready to punish those globalists, dog

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
wtf core exercise should i be doing that isn't miserable? leg raises or some poo poo? PLANKS?!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Fartbox posted:

Ain't nothing wrong with a little male nudity

Only a human being would have something against a beautiful naked male body
i'm not gay, i'm an androphile, you baka

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

DarkEnigma posted:

6 hours and three midgets
where did you find the other two?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
so a few months ago I spent like $300 replacing all of my medium t-shirts that did not fit with large shirts. now i'm paranoid that the large shirts don't fit in the shoulders now and the XLs are comically too large in the torso on me and american apparel sold out anyway so i can't even buy the XL

FizFashizzle posted:

Please like my gf's cf Instagram post so she finally gets 100 likes Tia

https://instagram.com/p/BUAMEnglYD1/
finally, some hard evidence that anavar causes balding.

strong delts, tho

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Thesaurus posted:

i don't think my whole wardrobe is worth $300
are you okay?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

FizFashizzle posted:

I have a lululemon button down shirt
oh no

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Defiant Sally posted:

Express stretch tees are the absolute motherfucking poo poo. Large fits me perfectly.
i'll get a small, then

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
did five 4x10 days in a row, then went to sleep last night at 6:30 and slept for 13 hours

:waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I work out at night and don't sleep well because it gives me energy

Or I overtrain
it makes me exhausted and i fall over the second the PWO buzz wears off