Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Coming back after three years. What is good build for a dual dagger nightblade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Could some add me to the guild? @MHKnights

Do crowns ever go on sale?
Is equipment/crafting research account wide or per character? I have like 30 pieces of gear clogging up my inventory and was wondering if an alt could research some of it.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a barbershop or something to change hair style/color in game or do you have to pay real money in the crown store?

So close to subscribing due to inventory issues. Wasting a lot of time shuffling inventory around alts and still running out of room. So many style materials...

And the winter holiday thing is not that great though it should get better once I have the way points unlocked.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like crowns are on sale as part of the Steam winter sale. Anywhere from 25% to 50% off with the larger packs getting the bigger discounts. Just $75 for 21000 crowns.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

How hard are group delves? I can solo most public dungeon bosses and trash packs.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

I'd say slightly harder than public dungeons, and the bosses are at the level of weaker normal group dungeon bosses. Soloable if you're a stamsorc or something else that's good at not dying.

Definitely not a stamBlade! I just sprinted to the skyshards, died, rezzed, collected the skyshard, and sprinted back to the door with little issue. Maybe someday a group will get organized to do them properly.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I had a good feeling the next expansion/chapter would be Summerset Isle. It is about the same size, in game at least, to Vvardenfell and being an island is easy to separate from the rest of the world (no out of place "mountain" ranges separating zones).

I was worried ZMO might go for more nostalgia and fill in the rest of the Skyrim area but that would be like twice the size of Vvardenfell.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The next chapter/expansion announcement will be this Wednesday at 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern on Twitch.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks! I have no idea why Bethesda keeps age gating all of their YouTube videos in the US. Looks decent so far. I have yet to do any of the DLC zones, hopefully I can get through the rest of Bangkorai and Coldharbor this weekend, so I will have to hurry up and get to them.

Jewel crafting is an obvious crafting skill but makes sense. I just hope ZMO gets rid of the invigorating armor trait or buffs it.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Hakarne posted:

So I'm finally playing through the zone quests to get caught up on the story for Summerset. From what I understand, Summerset is looped into a Orsinium/Morrowind story thread, right? My goal to prepare is to finish AD quests>Orsinium>Morrowind>Summerset. Is that a good order for getting caught up on story?

I think Clockwork City comes after Morrowind.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Were the Beta codes for Summerset legit? Don't know if I want to spoil myself before playing for real.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Snowy posted:

Free wolf mount and crates if you connect your eso and twitch prime accounts and watch something or other on Sunday.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3K92m0xeUMyqKEuQ8sUqSw/announcing-our-be3-twitch-extension?utm_medium=bitly&utm_source=SocialMedia

Twitch prime? Is that something I have to pay for? If it is a free account I would have no issue signing up and then deleting the account if it means I get a doggy mount.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Jedit posted:

Started having login timeouts just now on PC/NA. Anyone else got a problem?

Having issues as well on steam.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

People that can't get on because of steam!

Kill steam and go to "*:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client". Run eso64.exe and enter your elder scrolls account info. I had to confirm the login via email code and I'm now in game.

This would require that I remember what my account name and password is though.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So is the extension thing working? I see the little puzzle piece thing but no polls or quizzes or anything?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Click it, manage, grant permission.

When the thing starts, you should see it. Still ~10 minutes to go.

Ah okay. Some of the guild chat made it sound like some people were already using it and had gotten their doggy mount. I want that doggy mount.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

You should see tabs on the right of the screen, to the left of the chat, overlaying the video.

Crap, not seeing it. I am on Firefox with AdBlock and NoScript so not surprised that it is not working correctly :(

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

ESO+ is also good for reducing crafting research times by 10%. It may not seem like much at first but when things start taking 30 days (even with skill points) it really is helpful.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Has anyone else had a problem where the camera seems to slip into the level geometry until you get it back to the right spot? Its making delves and dungeons really annoying.

I have had this happen as well.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Step 1: Take Jabs. Take some other skills.

Step 2: End up only using Jabs.

Step 3: Get kind of tired of Jabs, but still have an amazing amount of fun. Continue to Jab.

Always Be Charging Jabbing.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So is they a quick guide to the current pvp/summer event? I have never pvp'd before so I have no idea where to start.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Oceanbound posted:

According to the official site you can still purchase crowns through the official store, even if your game is on Steam.

Yeah I have purchased crowns on sale through Steam with no issues. No way in hell am I paying full price for my fun bucks.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

JadaX posted:

Combat design.

Was this guy the ESO equivalent of WoW's Ghostcrawler?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Any idea when the next free ESO+ weekend might be? My characters are overloaded with crafting mats and shuffling inventory around alts is getting tiresome. My bank is fully unlocked (240 spaces) and has nothing but crafting mats in it.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

What are some good crafted sets for a leveling heavy armor/2-Hander Dragon Knight? Ashen Grip?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Also I ate a hallucinogenic frog and went on a vision quest because a tree told me to.

Wait, in game or in real life?

Inspector 34 posted:

Supposedly stealing poo poo can be pretty lucrative. I think I remember people talking about some ships that had a lot of good stuff in em, but I can't remember where that was.

The are two ships in the Daggerfall docks that have three rooms each and zero NPCs so you don't need to sneak at all. Also they are close to the "in town" entrance to the outlaw sanctuary.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Own Elsweyr
Have the Elsweyr Pathfinder Achievement https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Northern_Elsweyr_Pathfinder
Claim it through the Crown Store

I got all the stuff and I haven't set foot in Elsweyr yet (one of these days I will catch up :( )

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Acht posted:

Thanks for the extensive write-up, this is fantastic!
So far I'm also really impressed with the quests. I normally click through everything in other games, but I find myself really invested so far. It adds a ton to the enjoyment of levelling. As you mostly play solo, what would you say is your end-game? Gear upgrades, transmogs, ?
My end game is to complete the story and be a big guddam hero. I do not care about raiding, pvp, housing, or vet dungeons.

Acht posted:

The crafting bag is already something I don't see myself ever parting from. It makes just picking up all ingredients and not worry about them so much more convenient. It also handily seperates all the other loot, so I can filter and learn it quicker. I'm still playing wherever it is my character started, but perhaps now I can go to Coldharbour somehow for some Blacksmithing thing I have. :)
With regards of the writs; I took Cooking and Blacksmithing, but I've only been doing the daily blacksmithing writ. Can I simply add all professions, or can only 1 be active?
I'll check the research, I haven't seen it yet I think. I did see that my next level-up gives me a scroll, so I'll definetely save it. :)
You can level and max out all crafting professions on one character. You will eventually get enough skill points that you can get everything profession-wise and your weapon/class skills. You should prioritize the skills that allow you to research multiple items at once and reduce research time (same skill). Also the skills that get you better results when deconstructing equipment.

Acht posted:

Yeah since the crafting bag, I'm doing alright with storage for now. The horse I've been putting a point in speed daily. Now and then I see someone fly by and I notice I have a long way to go, hah.
Prioritize speed, carrying capacity, and then stamina. Without using skill books, which occasionally come up as daily log in rewards - never buy them from the cash shop, it will take six months and 45000 gold to max out your riding skills. Note that 45k gold is pocket change at high levels.

Acht posted:

The gear bit is maybe a bit dissapoint to me right now, but I can't really judge obviously. Every item is still the same Iron Sword with no real variation. I presume it is all a bit more grounded in the gameworld. I keep finding, what I think is, transmog recipes. These simply cost gold to apply, but if you change an item, you would have to re-apply it? They are all too costly for me now, but that will change.
I searched for the auction house / selling and read up about those guild vendors. I think that's a very neat idea, to keep economies small-scale. Think I should dip my toes in add-ons. I picked up the UI one the first post talks about, but it's fairly buggy with LUA errors.
Those pages you are finding are crafting recipes that will allow you to craft and transmog the specific piece listed in the recipe. IE using the recipe for Dremora shoulders will allow you to craft shoulder armor in the dremora style or transmog a shoulder piece to the dremora style (using gold or outfit tokens.)

As for UI add-ons, grab one that shows the locations of skyshards on your map and compass. Same for books that increase your Mages Guild rep/level. Another one I use puts a maker on your map when you activate a treasure map, though this is more useful once you have unlocked most of the quick travel points and can zip around the world.

Acht posted:

This really is great, yeah. I do follow a beginner's build strictly, but I have to say it is not the most fun. I can understand it lets you shoot a bow once or twice, puts a point in it just so that it levels, but ok. I'll follow it for now as it does explain very well how and why certain things are done and which milestones I reach. Next to that, I just do quests and run around. :)
The bolded part is the most important thing to keep in mind. Respeccing is cheap so feel free to deviate from the builds and experiment.

Acht posted:

ps: These log-in issues are a bit irritating by now. I think I've had issues every other day since I've started.
With the "Infinite" 100% experience boost from the Halloween event a lot of people are playing more then usual to level up Champion Points and/or alts and to farm up the new Halloween collectables. Or sell the collectables for tons of gold.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Dear ZOS,

November only has 30 days.

Thank you,
Your player base

p.s. Make the instant research scrolls unbound.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I haven't been keeping up with leaks or data mining. Has the next expansion been figured out? Are they going with the obvious choice of Hammerfell? Seeing as the previous chapters were in Pact and Dominion territory Hammerfell would fit as a Covenant chapter.

I would love to to see some of the other continents/lands like Pyandonea, Akavir, or Atmora. We will probably go back to Skyrim before those areas though.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I guess Besthesda hasn't re-re-re-released Skyrim in a while so this could be close enough to fulfill their daedric contractual obligations. And then they can re-re-re-re-release the actual Skyrim yet again on the new consoles next year! Including bug/glitches from the original release that fans patched ages ago!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Hey at least in ESO you don't have to worry about other players stealing everything in your inventory just by being near you.

...And then removing the "essential" tag from your character and perma-killing you.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So looking at the Crown Store preview for January it looks like ZOS is really getting into FOMO crap with limited timed sales. I wonder how long until we start seeing Fortnight style "One Day Only: Buy NOW before it is gone FOREVER!" tactics.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So we are getting the archeology system from WoW? I gave up on that due to the grindy/RNG nature and barely touched it the last expansion I played (Legion).

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

Character-build-wise, I'm probably not really great (also haven't done any dungeons :/ ) but it doesn't seem to matter much in the single player experience, and I did okay in my first battleground.

Bolded part is very true. I am questing through Murkmire and finishing up the Flawless Sacrament meta for the Dark Brotherhood (only two more to go). As this content isn't difficult I am leveling up class skills that I have never used. My current back bar is a bunch of random abilities and I can pve quest fine including fighting quest "bosses." Even better my actual spec is a StamBow Nightblade and I am using a bunch on Magika abilties so my damage is even more gimped, but I still do fine. Granted I am CP 810+ so lower level characters my have a more difficult time.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

There's enough skill points available via Skyshards/Public Dungeon Achievements/Leveling that you can have 2 specs ready to go, the only changes would be towards attributes and maybe CP. Even then, for 90% of content it's irrelevant, you'll only want a dedicated tank/healer setup for stuff like Vet DLC Dungeons and Veteran Trials.

It would be nice to be able to press a button and have any skills, gear, or attributes automatically swapped out for you.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

A friendly tip for new or returning players. Next week starts a seasonal event where you can get a 100% xp, from all sources, buff item that lasts for two hours, stacks with xp buff scrolls, persists through death, and can be applied as many times as you want during the event. So yeah you can possibly have 150% to 250% bonus xp. This is really powerful when completing your daily dungeon.

Also a great way to level up skills which is what I am doing currently.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Looking to level a new character and I was thinking about a Dunmer dragonknight who's theme would be "Everything must be on fire!" Note that I do not care about DPS or doing stupid crap like vet dungeons or raiding.

Or getting around to creating a vampire character. Was thinking a siphoning nightblade but can't decide on a race. And I have yet to make a werewolf character either...

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Essential posted:

Am I right in thinking that once I hit 50 I'll still have quests to do to earn Champion Points or whatever they are called? I've been jumping around a lot and sometimes purposefully leaving quests in area's because I want to come back and do them. I'm loving the exploration and freedom of this game! I'm sure all the quests I haven't done still remain active right?

None of the the quests go away and will scale to you current level. Think of this game as having 210 levels with Champion Points being levels 51 through 210. Gear maxes out at CP level 160 which can be reached quickly using the XP boost scrolls when turning quests or doing you daily random dungeon. After CP160 you can still earn spendable CP all the way up to CP 810 but that is a very long term goal. Just focus getting up to CP 160 and go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

euphronius posted:

There are no dwarfs in ESO sadly

Living ones at least. I seem to remember fighting some dwarven ghosts at some point.