Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mymla posted:

Yeah, same. Only human protagonists, and humans being the bestest at everything for no reason has always been one of the worst parts of mass effect.

Kind of wish humans where a little more like how they are shown in Babylon 5. Sure they showed up and ended up kicking a mid-tier species rear end but then got curbed stomped after picking a fight with the toughest species on the bock.

precision posted:

They should really tie the DA and ME games together by putting Iron Bull in. We know from Kasumi's loyalty mission that they take place in the same universe.

How so? (I never played any of the DA games so I would have no idea what to look for). Was it something similar to the Alien head trophy in Predator 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

What was the big deal with ME3 MP? I tried it a couple of times and it was the same boring cover-shooting that the main game had: nothing I would want to play in its own right...

What was I missing?

Horde mode with different powers and builds. At the time the only other Horde Mode was Gears of War 3 but with MS3 Horde mode there was a ton of different weapons/combos/abilities to mix and match with. It was also pretty cool how new weapons/class/races kept coming out that were not just reskins of the first couple of classes. Like a Solider class between races would actually have different strength/weakness (not just abilities) that would come into play in higher level matches.

It also created great stories with a lone person making a last stand taking out the final wave and living to the extract while the rest of the party cheers him/her on.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

homullus posted:

It will be a baby Reaper the size of the Normandy and we will fly it.

One more step closer to being Farscape.

God I want a Farscape/Mass Effect type game.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Levantine posted:

Given that multiplayer is a known quantity now, I'll probably just retreat into that and forget single player period.

Still need to see the results of the multiplayer beta through so don't start pre-ordering yet.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Helith posted:

I'm not convinced that Bioware are actually good enough to pull off everything in that list in a meaningful and genuinely interesting way.

The biggest red flag is that they haven't done any video showing off ANY of what the article was talking about. Sure there is something on Dec 1st but words mean nothing until we all see at least of what the article was talking about in action.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

tribbledirigible posted:

Right, so it's like ME2's suicide mission, but instead of how many you can keep alive, it's how many you can gently caress. I'm going to go the FailRyder route of trying to get with the claustrophobic in the vents.

What was the most amount of people that can die and still win again in ME2? I remember a youtube where some one figured it out and the last "Hold the Line" speech was to like one person.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, I would have loved to see what the Milky Way looks like post-Control, with unknowable godhead Shepard sequestered in a Reaper somewhere and the rest of society reacting to these big, eerie Reapers just floating around their shipping lanes apparently doing the will of the techno-demigod who saved the galaxy ten years ago. That sounds like a good rear end setting.

I'm afraid the current batch of writers would have pulled a Blizzard and "corrupted" a control Shepard.

I mean it COULD be interesting if the plot was trying save a techno-demigod that was slowly loosing its humanity/growing indifferent to organic species either from within/outside sources but after ME3 I don't see that turning out well.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Moola posted:

I think leaving the galaxy for Andromeda in ark ships to escape the reapers actually would have been a cool ending

I totally would have been fine with the Freespce 2 type end mission where the war assets/lead up was to get as many ark ships of different races out of the Milky Way while destroying enough Reapers to give the next cycle a better chance.

exquisite tea posted:

I never imagined Shepard "coming back" in the Control version of the galaxy, but rather their morality gradually morphing into the same unknowable alien intellect that led the OG Reaper AI down the path they took. Shepard in Control is very much dead, or at least exists solely as a machine consciousness with only vague memories of who they once were. I would have liked to see future entries in the Mass Effect series attempt to deal with rebuilding the galaxy in the aftermath of the Reaper War, I think there would be a lot of interesting stories to tell and you wouldn't even have to focus on any of the original cast.

Yeah like its 200 or so years after the Reaper Wars with a whole new Spectre that just got the attention of that distant weird Reaper that helps out some times. Like is there a Cult of the Reaper that worships Control Shepard? Do people still trust the Control Shepard/The Mass Effect gates?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

AngryBooch posted:

It looks a lot like Dragon Age Inquisition in terms of structure. A lot.

I have never played any of the Dragon Age series, is that good or bad? I really have no idea.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

TotalHell posted:

*update from 3 hours later*

"It has been ripped from us."

Well since Bioware think this is fast action grab it might not even take 3 hours.

https://twitter.com/Redzos10/status/804673778819026944

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
At least do a clever line or some poo poo instead of a smirk after a slow grab. Even horrible movies have pulled that off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvK9ZJVsiPM&t=80s

BexGu fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 2, 2016

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

marshmallow creep posted:

Always get Liara last.

God that whole after action report meeting with Liara is hilarious if you do that on a second play through.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mazerunner posted:

Kai LAME indirectly gave us the N7 Slayer in mutliplayer which despite being a big weeaboo class was cool and fun to play

you could teleport through the window and 10 vertical feet between the two floor on firebase glacier that was super handy

e; remember firebase white gold geth farming? good times

Sooo I actually went back and not only are there people playing ME3 multiplayer (alot too, I never have to wait more then a few seconds to get a game AND there is no lag) its possible (and easy) to Cheat Engine a crap ton of credits to buy packages with. Like rumor has it that the dude that did the MP banning doesn't even work for EA any more.

I'm loving actually getting all the classes/weapons I missed out on and messing around with them.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Spacebump posted:

How do I cheat engine those credits?

Here is a video (sightly NWS for the dude desktop background)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1PlYU95V9Q

Basically

1. Get Cheat Engine
2. Start Mass Effect 3
3. Hook Cheat Engine to Mass Effect 3 exe (video will show you which button to push in Cheat Engine)
4. Go to Mass Effect Multiplayer
5. See how many credits you have, search for that value (again, video will give you a good demo on how to do this)
6. Buy something, and scan for the new amount of credits you have
7. Cheat Engine will now have the memory address where how much credits you have is stored locally. You can now change that value freely.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Moola posted:

I loving hate that stupid rear end face

I'm hoping for a emotional ME1 Wrex movement when most of the player base ends up blowing her away.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

There was a bit of news I saw yesterday that claimed they are using face capture for better facial animations, possibly trying to say that the reason Ryder's face looked weird in that demo was because her facial captures hadn't been finished yet?

Make the sell in March, patch in non-werid faces "later" after getting everyone's money.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

DancingShade posted:

There is no way I'm playing as either Ryder without making custom faces - they both look like chumps. At least my versions will look that way on purpose.

Has there been any word on being able to easily share custom faces like in ME 2 & 3? I never could get any face to look right.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Some screen shots from the CES Summit talk of all the skills/evolve powers shown.

http://imgur.com/a/Z0bxE

Who ever said it look just like the ME3 multiplayer was right on the money.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

MadBimber posted:

peebee the 'rogue academic' LOL

There is going to be a mod that is just going to take peebee out of the game.

euphronius posted:

Can't believe this isn't on steam. May never buy it now.

Origin isn't that bad but I'm curious to see if this game is going to get any massive discounts early after release like Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 did.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I forgot; did they ever explain why you never see female turians in the main trilogy?

You do, it just took till the third game or so for them to show up. The running joke for a while is that they were around since ME1 but players didn't' notice cause female turians did not have breast/feminine voices.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dexo posted:

Doom had like zero marketing or hype pre-release and was the second best game last year.

I don't give a poo poo about marketing

I base my opinion when reviews start dropping.

No, Doom had marketing and hype but it was for dumbass multiplayer. It wasn't until the Nvida live demo when people realized "Oh poo poo, the SP is insanely fast and fun!".

But yes waiting until reviews is the best bet here. I'm tempted if there is some massive deal on pre-release that drops it to say $30 or so but other then that everyone only wins by playing the waiting game.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Drifter posted:

Oh, it's Bioware. We know every character will suck, and there'll probably be cutscenes leading up to that once you start romancing them. :liara:
I just hope the characters are well written, and interact well in the game.

I just worry Bioware will make the new group of companions to be shallow copies of the original ME characters. Like they are going to try to force the female Turian into gender swapped Garrus without really understanding why every one lived him.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Agreed and disagreed. I think Peebee's is an improvement in that it looks like her and not just a generic Asari. Obviously I can't tell if it does the same for Cora, but I don't think either is an improvement aesthetically over the old.

Mac Walters has already said that there are more romances than just your crew, and his favorite is a planet. I imagine you can find an eyebrowless Asari working the tables in the Vortex Lounge who would love to biotic reach around.

Its time to final frontier that galactic rear end.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

DO IT TO IT posted:

If you have Amazon Prime, isn't it only 48 bucks to preorder Andromeda right now? I thought I read that somewhere. I don't actually have Prime so I'm not completely sure.

You don't even need to Pre-order to get the Amazon Prime discount (just buy it within the first two weeks) soooooo.....just wait.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Make the eyebrows go up and down and you've got yourself a drat fine avatar there.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Pilot sounds like a nerd.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mymla posted:

100% of mass effect games so far have been good.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, kind of dropped the ball with the Me3 story and only got a surprise home run with the ME3 muiltiplayer to even it out.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Philonius posted:

The story (and especially the ending) in 3 was beyond retarded, but I still found it to be a very enjoyable game.

My problem is that the ending was so bad for me that it completely stopped me from playing the game again. It was a total "well, thats that" moment and I just didn't care any more. Haven't even bought/played the DLC because of it. Did go back to the mulitplayer for a while (even bought 3 other friends ME3 when it was $5 on amazon) to do some Horde Mode but after ME3 ending I never touched the story again.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Waltzing Along posted:

I preordered a switch. And Zelda. And Mass Effect. And South Park.

Why? Cuz I don't care about the reviews, I was going to get them either way but this way they show up at my door and I don't have to think about it any more. poo poo, I don't remember when ME and SP come out other than sometime in March.

You got a problem w/ that cuz I will just quote you sarcastically and then go troll some other posts afterwards.

Dude at least keep your pre-ordering to games that have a hard release date. South Park Fractured But Whole is most likely going to miss it 2017 Q1 release date estimate.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Those suck rear end

I'm just hoping we get more kickass content for gently caress Yeah Mass Effect (http://fuckyeahmasseffect.soup.io/) once this game gets into gear. (Tali suit is a collection of spiders, Shepard treats grunt like a 4 year old, Marauder Shields, etc)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
You gotta take the good with the bad here

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Shouldn't the multiplayer beta happen sometime around now? Feels like EA made some noise about it and then just quietly dropped the whole thing.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

exquisite tea posted:

Around this time in ME3's cycle Bioware dropped the MP demo on Origin, and despite only having two stages and one enemy faction it completely owned and was all I played for 1.5 months right up to the release of ME3.

Which is why I was wondering what the hell is going on after the massive success that the ME3 multiplayer was. I guess EA figures it just better to keep quit

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Admiral Ray posted:

knowing bioware they could never make an asexual robot.

On the other hand interchangeable sexual parts does mean any player can play any orientation they want......

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

marktheando posted:

She's a party member though.

Sequel hook: There is event that is going to come up that at the end of his game that cause a bunch of humans to die instead of the other aliens (had to shut down that section of cryo-freeze, etc) and she is gonna pull a Illusive Man "Humanity First" bit in the new galaxy.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Well, going back to the Milky Way would involve another 600 years in cryo napping. After 1200 years, they could probably get away with just about anything.

God Emperor of Dune-type Shepard Reaper!

Or just a new society with a bunch of these images laying around

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Serf posted:

Where is this from? That's pretty cool.

I can't remember exactly who did themt but it was something I remember from the gently caress Yeah Mass Effect site (and tumbler). There is actually a third one (One for each ending in the different styles for the three major species) that I couldn't find.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Kurieg posted:

They aren't forcing you to play ME:A at gunpoint man.

Come on man, I have imported Turians into other games so I can play with my bro Garrus. I'm the one holding myself at gunpoint at this point.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 27, 2017

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Admiral Ray posted:

forums poster BexGu

Trust no one

Okay trust some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Transmetropolitan posted:

The problem is that the Ryder children are too young and... Meh-ish? Son Ryder looks like a buffy the vampire slayer cameo - wait, that was the point, wasn't it? Girl Ryder seems more capable, but in a Dora the Explorer sort of way.

And yes, Shepard was based off a model, but the guy at least looked like he could have been in the navy for two or three years :v:

The more I think about it yeah that is kind of bothering me. Its becoming a little too anime where its a young person saving the world instead of the battle proven and experienced 30 year old saving the world.