Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

Because TVIV voted Better Call Saul so highly, I just wanted to ask if it's really necessary to watch Breaking Bad to know what the gently caress is happening on it? There's just so much to catch up on...
Not even a little bit. I only caught bits and pieces of Breaking Bad while my girlfriend was watching it, and I never cared for it much, but I love Better Call Saul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

Started rewatching some 30 Rock. I forgot how good Jane Krakowski was in it. I can't think of too many actresses who would be able to ace that character (maybe Sweet Dee).
It remains my favorite show of all time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

I heard it had originally been intended for Rachel Dratch, but the network pushed for someone prettier and refused Tina Fey's pleas.
If you read the leaked pilot script, she was a very different character, but yes, this is basically what happened.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I still would have liked to see more Rachel Dratch though. Also it's weird that Fey and Poehler were never on each other's shows, despite airing around the same time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

less laughter posted:

Poehler guested on 30 Rock season 6 ep 19.
Lmao gently caress, I forgot the live eps.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snak posted:

I found the beginning bit a bit of a turnoff, because it felt like it was portraying Norse religion in a really superficial pop culture bullet points kind of way, but I also understand why they did it that way in the larger context of what they are trying to accomplish.
It's true to the book.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snak posted:

I figured it was. Doesn't really change how I feel about it, though.
I'm not saying it as a defense.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ze stabbing scene. She bores me. I feel only ennui.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How's the second season of Master of None? I enjoyed the first season, then forgot it existed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

I never knew that, though I haven't seen more than a couple episodes. I literally just now heard him in a different-sounding voice for the first time ever (he was yelling for a timeout in a soccer game only to find you can't do that).
It's a great show, you should give it another try. It takes a few episodes to hit its stride.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Hey guys, did Leo's top fall over at the end of Inception or not?
Yes, and furthermore, Ellen Page is his mother.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snak posted:

I really need to watch Don't Trust the Bitch.
It's so good. The woman who plays June is real underrated too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

but seriously Riverdale is loving amazing and SEX ARCHIE is a hilarious podcast, thanks for that DP
Sex Archie is what America wants to see.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

raditts posted:

The Rockford Files loving owns, I used to watch it every day at noon on one of those classic TV stations. It's the only PI show I've seen that acknowledges how lovely it is to be a PI.
I still need to get around to watching Maverick.

If we're being accurate to the premise of the show, IRQ hits other peoples' kids.

I was hoping this was what I would see.
White on White is a classic episode of TV, and I'm not even a Rockford fan.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Going through Jusice League and Justice League Unlimited because it's leaving Netflix in August and man, it's held up so well.
JLU remains my absolute favorite piece of superhero media.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Muppet Treasure Island isn't a great Muppet movie, but it's a pretty good Treasure Island adaptation.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snak posted:

Counterpoint: Sherlock is massively short.
But it feels just as long.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

raditts posted:

I love the Muppets and always will but let's be real here, most people did not give a poo poo about the Muppets prior to that movie
This is inaccurate

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Man so far this season of Rick and Morty is the best yet by a WIDE margin. And I completely adored the previous two.
Season 1 remains my favorite, but this one is better than S2.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lelandjs posted:

Dollhouse would have been legitimately fantastic if anyone other than Dushku had been the lead. The rest of the cast is stellar.
Lmao no

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lelandjs posted:

Who do you consider to be the weak point? I thought everyone else was great.

Actually did you watch both seasons? There's a lot of character work in the second season that makes the first season retroactively better.
All the writing. Tons of shows and movies have good casts, it doesn't matter if the writing is bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Was there a thread for the last season of Orphan Black? I'm curious what people thought.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, Offerman's not a good comedian. Good actor, though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

I think it's more that people have trouble separating actors from the roles they play, so they watch a Nick Offerman special expecting him to be Ron Swanson telling jokes written by the writers of Parks and Rec. Donald Glover says the same thing, when Community was big people would take their kids to see him expecting Troy and Abed antics and instead it was him talking about dicks and jacking off.
Except Glover is a good standup. Tons of actors also do comedy, and that comedy is often very different from their characters. Offerman just isn't a great standup comic. He doesn't have to be. He's a good actor.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's a show about a father and son bonding over FF14
I'm so happy this exists

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Man, the people behind Riverdale would make the coolest Scooby Doo show.
Mystery Inc. already happened.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Fair. But I want it live action, fascinatingly melodramatic, and aged up a few years.
The scene where Shaggy finds Scooby hanging from the ceiling because it finally got to him will be the biggest buzz moment of the year.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fans speculate wildly as to how he tied a noose with paws.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Lady Dynamite returns November 10th!!!!
I'm pumped as hell for this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just read the book. Atwood's prose is amazing in that, and you lose it with a TV show.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BCS is way better than Breaking Bad and it annoys me that it gets so much less attention.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Where's the base?" "Corner of Headquarters and 1st."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wandle Cax posted:

Discovery is going to be good, suck it trek fans
It is against the rules to encourage child abuse

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's pretty impressive how much better Schur got at TV.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also a funny, talented actor.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I forget, did he help that lovely rear end in a top hat on the League cover up that he wasn't in NY for 9/11?
?????????

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

a woman who confuses escaping sex dolls for the Rapture
This is the only thing I remember from that show.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Numberwang posted:

I don't think I can ever watch anything Dan Harmon related again. He's such a creepy, insecure weirdo.
Correct, he is a writer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

What did Dan Harmon do?
He got divorced, and all of us are friends with his ex. It's a p. awkward sitch [ed notes: pretty; situation].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

esperterra posted:

hell, same

And that awful horror movie with SMG. Possession or something? Also Wonderfalls, clearly.
The Grudge, wasn't it?

• Locked thread