Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
sales@cagle.com
I'm sure they'd love some comments on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Donald is an rear end in a top hat who uses inherited wealth and privilege he never earned to walk all over people.

AGC

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Keiya posted:

For instance, how all the loving gay assholes coopted "LGBT" to mean "gays and lesbians only" then threw the rest of us under a bus the moment the government gave them their We Acknowledge You Are loving papers.

A proud American tradition of a minority turning into honorary WASPs and instantly making GBS threads on everyone who isn't.

<-edit never mind

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 9, 2017

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Hillary Clinton posted:

abloo bloo bloo it's everybody's fault but mine
You couldn't even get Hillary to get behind raising the minimum wage or supporting single payer through the whole drat election, the most limpdick of marginally leftist ideology imaginable, and the rest of the DNC selectorate are the same.

You offer nothing. You support nothing. You cry about anything that isn't slavish devotion to lovely candidates that won't make big money donors worry. If you want the support of the left, stop acting like Republicans, except we like gays (that donate(also cops are cool stop making us look bad BLM)).

You supported a trash candidate, and she lost to loving Donald Trump. Donald loving Trump. An eighties punchline, a real estate conman from the Reagan era, hated by all parties that aren't frothing bigots, and your worthless garbage candidate's only offer was "I'm not him."

https://secure.politico.com/story/2016/12/michigan-hillary-clinton-trump-232547

quote:

Everybody could see Hillary Clinton was cooked in Iowa. So when, a week-and-a-half out, the Service Employees International Union started hearing anxiety out of Michigan, union officials decided to reroute their volunteers, giving a desperate team on the ground around Detroit some hope.

They started prepping meals and organizing hotel rooms.

SEIU — which had wanted to go to Michigan from the beginning, but been ordered not to — dialed Clinton’s top campaign aides to tell them about the new plan. According to several people familiar with the call, Brooklyn was furious.

Turn that bus around, the Clinton team ordered SEIU. Those volunteers needed to stay in Iowa to fool Donald Trump into competing there, not drive to Michigan, where the Democrat’s models projected a 5-point win through the morning of Election Day... Trump won the state despite getting 30,000 fewer votes than George W. Bush did when he lost it in 2004.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Am I getting this right?
A quick Google found that this can carry up to 5 years imprisonment (and 25k)
So I'm guessing that he's spilling the beans on stuff that would garner decades for whoever gets convicted.

lol if you think anybody in Trump's circle of sentient poop will ever serve a day in jail.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Shuka posted:

Yeah I've always transported my guns with trigger locks and inside cases. I had a friend who's new guy would just leave his pistol on her kitchen counter while they went out and I just couldn't fathom it. Like I wouldn't leave expensive items lounging around my new fuckfriends place, much less one of my guns.

e- collins is fire lately

If you're a dude, that was a subtle hint.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

zoux posted:

That particular one is from a 1917 issue of American Machinists

Oh, that makes more sense. I was wondering why a cartoon from the 70's looked like it was drawn by Thomas Nast. Although somebody still using Roman numerals for dates in 1917 is probably the sort of person who would have been against the metric system in the 70's.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Timing on this one is pretty lovely seeing as Franken has just resigned while Moore is still running with full backing.

Trump is still president too.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

And if it's not Obama, it'll be a Clinton.

When was the last Chappaquiddick mention? Ted is a unique species of horse at this point.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

loquacius posted:

The problem is that "doesn't support Trump" and "is willing to go to the polls right now to vote in whichever candidate best threatens Trump's power for every elected position regardless of other concerns" don't describe the same set of people.

If you add up the sets of "Trump devotees" and "guaranteed D votes" you do not end up with the entirety of the United States or anything close to it. You get maybe 30 or 40 percent. We've got to get better at appealing to everybody else.

Democrats: Exactly, that's why we have to shift to the right on issues that the majority is clearly are on the left about.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

I made it moore accurate.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
:ironicat:

quote:

La Prensa is an independent newspaper, founded on October 26, 1964 by Organización Publicitaria, S.A.

quote:

Jorge Canahuati Larach is the president of Organización Publicitaria... Canahuati has been a member of the Inter American Press Association Executive Committee.

quote:

In 1977 it was reported that IAPA was funded by the CIA.

Also https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Inter_American_Press_Association

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

We just need to stay calm and vote for centrist Democrats, none of this "fight the actual problem in a literal effective sense" craziness. People who sabotage capital are no better than literal nazi's marching in the streets.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Honestly though, really impressed that "The russians are destabilizing our country through these crazy leftists!" is coming back in fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6taS9R1KM

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

ratbert90 posted:

Inside those presents are food, shelter, heat, and other incredibly important necessities for the poor.

They both walk to their Abrams tank to drive over to Boeing to give them another Trillion dollars for a plane that doesn't fly.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

Nobody's stopping you. Why haven't you started the REVOLUTION yet?

People, people, just keep voting for the guys the focus groups say have the best metrics and we'll eventually get a narrow majority so we can debate in congress why it's not feasible to do anything that is actually useful or productive.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
It's like a whole generation of Democrats got their politics from Moneyball, the 2011 baseball drama, only they forget that after the movie every other team started doing the same thing and the A's ate poo poo for the next 10 years.

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 20, 2017

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

So, "Democrats are useless but I need them to start the revolution for me." Is that it?

"How about some candidates that aren't dickless corporate drones?"

"Oh you want a revolution, huh? Wanna bust some windows, haha listen to this crazy guy"

Just vote republican and stop pretending you give a poo poo, you dink.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Shugojin posted:

YOU ONCE DROVE LIKE 8 GOD drat HOURS TO BANG A COLLEGE FRESHMAN WHEN YOU WERE IN YOUR MID 30S

Ha, uh, what.

Also I assume the Google driverless cars are taking the corpses of poor people to add them to the piles in the distance.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Pakled posted:

I'm... not really seeing a difference between the left and right sides, except that the right side's more colorful and the people are happier.

Well yeah the people on the left have all starved to death.

Is there any other way to read this? In the first panel, there's a ton of people, and the next few panels almost all of them are gone except for a couple dipshits too busy staring at their face screens to care. Who's the artist?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Hihohe posted:

What anime is this?

Ready Player One.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is bitcoin considered a fiat currency or something else?

It's p much the definition of one.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

I like how somebody decided they couldn't get yellow droplets past the censor or it would telegraph the punchline, so they left them white... Or they're saying rich people drink plenty of water.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

double nine posted:

make the entire comic black and white then, how hard is this?

I think sometimes the colorist doesn't have anything to do with the artist, it's just some guy the syndicate hires for adding color to black and white art when the customer wants it. Scott Adams had an unfortunate Sunday strip where one of the few times a black person was actually shown working at Dilbert's office it was a security guard stealing stuff from work.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

You know he said that back when but knowing what we know now...

I hate to defend Scott Adams, but he pointed it out in the book itself, literally stating, "My syndicate picks the worst times to try to add diversity to the comic."

That was 20 years ago now though, so you are probably right about his current attitude. I don't keep up with nutjobs, last I heard he was ranting about "taking care" of Trump if he got elected and did anything funny, and taking his shirt off to prove it or something.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

quote:

Pence would be a lovely Republican in the way Republicans have been lovely for a long time. Trump is so much worse than that for so many reasons, and I hate with a passion this "yeah but Pence would be just as bad" because it's just wrong.
Pence is a republican. He's a warmongering, rightwing zealot, who "stands by the president" in regards to Charlottesville, only criticizes Russia when they aren't funding the election, and would make every attempt to shove his religious ideological beliefs into law. Trump is merely the mouthpiece of republican thought for the last 30 years finally in a position to do all the evil they've had planned all along. Pence is absolutely no different than Trump in any meaningful way, and in some cases, especially in regards to his Christian Dominionist theology, he is worse. The "Trump is just so... gauche, at least Pence is dignified," hand-wringing on the left is just as stupid as it is on the right.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Cpt.Americant posted:

So if you're not actually going to read what I wrote why quote it? I didn't say Pence isn't a monster, I literally call him lovely. I say nothing about "civil" discourse. But sure, I don't prefer Pence for any of the long list of reasons I listed out, it's just because he's soft spoken. That must be it. It has nothing to do with Trump's authoritarian instincts, or his cult of personality, or how he validates the previously fringe voices, it's just that he's a big old meany.

He's a republican. Nothing trump is doing is anything different than what Pence would have done, except he's louder on twitter. The nazis marching in the streets would have happened if Jeb! had gotten elected, they were there for the statues. The cult of personality is irrelevant when the cult is the party as evidenced by Roy Moore almost winning. Pence is a loving christian dominionist, if that's not authoritarian enough for you I don't know what to tell you.

Every complaint you're making literally is "Trump's too gaudy about it". All of them need to be cleared out. If Trump had been rightfully impeached on his first day in office nothing in 2017 would have changed one drat bit; if anything the House and Senate would have been able to shove their bullshit through faster.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

Here Asterix and friends serve as foreign agents in support of the parasitic local aristocracy and prop up an inept enterpreteneur building unsafe tenements. :thermidor:

lol

A ton of Asterix's jokes rely on the humor sensibilities of a couple of middle-aged frenchmen from the '60's, but I still love them. Be glad the pages I posted didn't have any black people on them though because yikes...

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah. I was making a joke anyway. I joke because I love.

Don't worry, I knew you were, and it was a good one.

I'd post more Asterix but :filez:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

some deranged chucklefuck wrote and then, thinking we wouldn't laugh him out of the thread, literally posted:

she is the true reason that Donald Trump seized the White Throne

Uh literally nobody except Hillary's diatribe where she wastes trees blaming everybody but herself ever thought this, and this is just the first paragraph.

then goes on to give us this wonder posted:

Hilariously, liberals still pour their utmost faith into the only thing that the Democrats are gifted at: gimmickry. One’s view of American history had to be rosy indeed to believe that the United States, a country historically ruled by white men, was going to immediately follow the first ever non-white President with the first woman.

Even as incompetent as she was and as much as I disliked her politics, I would be hesitant to call her a gimmick just for being female, chief.

• Locked thread