Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

How did we manage to shrink the thread by that much in an election year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The actual quote was "I'm not paying for that loving wall"

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've never heard anyone that wasn't a rightwing shill or a bad comedian talk about bureaucracy though. I've never encountered or heard anything resembling an overabundance of bureaucracy outside of the the republicans doing it on purpose to either keep minorities from voting or just turning people against big government on principle.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The closest I found:

I'm glad that Dick plans to pull out.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

first image I ran across:

Bill Leak and Les Patterson at the launch of Leak's book "Trigger Warning" in Sydney on Wednesday night.Source:The Australian

E: turns out the stains are intentional
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Les_Patterson

I didn't realize the goblin king wasn't cg.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Some conservative cartoonists are noting the crazy cold weather still happening. Others are noting the crazy warm weather. Clearly both mean Global Warming isn't a thing. :smug:

I'm confused about this cartoon did he draw it assuming the snowstorm wouldn't happen and then run it anyways after the storm happened? Parts of new york got 3 feet of snow a week before the start of spring.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I love how the guy threatening to not come back from the dead if he doesn't get his theocracy back is somehow taken seriously on the world stage.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I thought the $300million figure for the MOAB was including the cost of the cave complex we blew up because we built that too.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Pakled posted:

One can say that Juanita Broaddrick's accusation probably isn't true without going into full "women are lying whores who accuse successful men of rape for profit" mode. Despite testifying under oath that he raped her, she also said in a sworn affidavit that Clinton never made any unwelcome sexual advances towards her. Her case was so dubious even Kenneth Starr ultimately didn't try to press her claims.

I know here claims are dubious but I gave her the benefit of the doubt until she refused to do the same for Trump's accusers.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

fsif posted:

Real life Decker villain maybe.

wikipedia posted:

Because of his size and weight, Dotcom was allowed to have an ergonomic, specially designed chair brought into the courtroom.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

She makes cartoons that are loved by 4chan and reddit and was a guest on the David Duke show. She is incapable of satire.

Oh and this happened.

She claims she never used a racial slur as if misspelling the n-word magically makes it something else. Check her twitter. "Noggers"

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

The Intercept does suck but evidence shows she would've been apprehended anyway even if they didn't handle this as badly as possible. Not like that will stop Rall from complaining about journalists.

Ted Rall has a point though, you can't be a good journalist and/or political cartoonist if you're secretly being paid by a government.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I was reading over what Milo said again and I really think he was just trying to make sense of his being taken advantage of by a much older man when he was a teenager.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I wonder if Garrison is ever going to find out pizza gate is a hoax perpetrated by the same people who came up with Zyklon Ben.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's not a Ramirez if that's what you're thinking.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Similar art style. They often get confused in this thread. I figured they were mixed up because sheneman is liberal and would have a negative opinion of Trump.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

MageMage posted:

This kicks rear end

This metaphor only works if Rick goes back and helps the zombies after no one is looking.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

How long until Republicans pivot and finally admit to writing the ACA and push it as an alternative to Medicare for all?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Drizvolta posted:

Dammit Rall don't make me agree with you on something :argh:

I feel like he's defending the guy who got fired?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I absolutely love that the alt right is already on the wrong side of history enough that the rest of the right is taking offense to comparison.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

T-man posted:

The bar is set so low that even basic human dignity is a worthy enough of hero worship in conservative circles. A Good Cartoon.

Also plenty of those type of people are out there standing guard over the ruins hoping to shoot a looter.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

God does not play let's make a deal.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

"play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

I've literally never heard that before.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I vaguely knew about Weinstein, but I was honestly surprised by Louis CK being a creep.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

gowb posted:

How? There have been stories for years about him begging women to watch him masturbate, or coming onto them backstage.

I managed to never hear them. I figured he was guilty of something when I found out about his new movie coming out.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Don't soil Toshiro Mifune's good name by defending the man bun.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A. Wiener.

Ignoring his paternalistic bullshit for a second, he couldn't even make a serious cartoon without making a wiener joke, which is rich considering his name is loving Sack.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I liked Hillary Clinton's policy ideas. They were solid well thought out ideas. People don't vote for solid policy. People vote for "hope and change." People vote for "I feel like I can have a beer with that guy." People need to realize that literally the only thing that matters in a presidential election is getting fired up.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I normally default to believing a woman when she accuses a man of doing something, but I'm not willing to give Juanita Broderick the benefit of the doubt if she refuses to do so for any of Trump's accusers.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

Herblocking Part II, Electric Boogaloo: Prepare for some :words:.

After years of reading this thread it's weird seeing a good Scrooge metaphor.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The sizes at starbuck's are big, big, and 20. I don't see what's confusing about that.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

King Possum III posted:

I have not heard one word about deficit with regard to the tax plan outside of people be specifically calling Republicans out for their hypocracy.

This is great I wish more people would call attention to the fact that the tax plan and the failed Obamacare repeal both include provisions that deliberately gently caress over liberal states. The health plan was so blatantly evil that it even specifically exempted certain red states so they wouldn't be hosed as hard.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Sandpuppy posted:

26 dead people thank you!

The real heros are the people that run blindly into a situation guns blazing and happen to luck out and fire in the correct direction.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The Republican establishment already didn't want anything to do with Roy Moore. I'm expecting them to tear him to shreds now.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Crabtree posted:

You have no idea how much the Republicans will destroy themselves to shelter and support a literal cancerous rapist now that he's the elected R.

538 is saying there's talks of trying to get Luther Strange elected in a write in campaign.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It seems you found my twitter.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Pander posted:

Obviously Conan O'Brien and not...I don't even know.

It's funny how all you really need is the hair to make a recognizable Conan.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

This tweet is in response to the question "What kind of crime would be horrible enough to to not support a Republican?"

https://twitter.com/horowitz39/status/929150424501723136

And David Hall's statement isn't quite worded that way but it's close close enough.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928732444710326272

The Republican propaganda machine has been working real hard since Nixon to make their "moral majority" voting base okay with the moral failings of their side. The American people basically turned on Nixon for being crude rather than the actual evil he committed.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The term virtue signaling exists because the right is so devoid of empathy that they don't realize that the other side isn't also only pretending to have morals to further agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders: The difference between Al Franken and Trump is that 'Sen. Franken has admitted wrongdoing and the president hasn't'
https://www.businessinsider.com/al-franken-trump-sexual-harassment-allegations-sarah-huckabee-sanders-2017-11

Out of the current administration I think I hate Sarah the most because she seems to be the most effective at spinning Trump's bullshit.

The Big Word posted:

"Why won't the dems condemn Bill Clinton's history of sexual harassment?? Jeez. What a bunch of unprincipled hypocrites."

"Wow, the dems are suddenly condemning Bill Clinton's history of sexual harassment? Wow. Jeez. What a bunch of unprincipled hypocrites."

I wish the left would just call out the right for trying to change the subject instead of tripping over themselves to claim they always thought Clinton was bad.

• Locked thread