Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

I haven't posted in here a while due to Falcons dread but gooooodddaaaaaaamn Falcons how did you do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Nah you got it. It was real stupid.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I literally sent corrective emails to people reaching out to my team to let them know that not every person on my team was sad the patriots won, and then I wished them a merry Falcons Lost the Super Bowl.

And yeah most of the hate is from being birthed at the same time and then saddled together to be run roughshod over by other historically dynastically dominant teams before being relegated to the division with the smallest combined media market size where no team has consistently run the table resulting in the longest ongoing reenactment of the fight scene from They Live.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im genuinely glad youre not dead.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seems high. I dont mean that as a slam, either.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

lol, first Teo and now Manziel? After trading away Cooks (which I concede I don't think was terrible) and replacing him with Ginn? Saints, wut are you doing?

Trying to get a drug hookup

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Better than all of us going under 7-9.

I believe.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bucs firing off the cannon early.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Boudin is so tasty its unreal.

Unlike the rest of yall I guess I painfully miss New Orleans now that i dont live there and try and visit once a year like its a friend in hospice. Saints can get moved when the city sinks but I wont be able to stuff my gullet with New Orleans food once the water swallows it all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Boudin is super tasty, friend! However, hospice smells better than the streets of New Orleans. Hell, 2 weeks post death with no one clearing the body from hospice care probably smells better than New Orleans...

Most people cant smell their own pee very well so do as the locals and the smell goes away.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Eventually Shreveport will be the New New Orleans. Give it time.

The only positive about this is I could possibly be dead before this happens.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I can't say I'm pumped to have to root for Adrian Peterson.

I'm not rooting for him, and plan to only refer to whatever his accomplishments are in the same detached, clinical tone one might use for an especially repulsive species of frogs slime secretions.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm excited to spend another season with all of you and to watch the Saints lurch towards another lost season as somewhere at the bottom of my bottle of dark rum I find memories of being almost, but not quite, this blasted at them winning a Super Bowl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I wish there was a Saints bar near me to enjoy my fluke ring inside of, but Ill admit you can enjoy a fluke ring literally anywhere.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I start at 20% and increased based on how much ive had to drink and how many people at the bar/restaurant Im at are Saints fans who seem cool*

*Coolness not guaranteed

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That's not even accurate. It was much more gradual and ominous.

Yeah, but both had millions of americans staring at it through tiny screens in disbelief.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That Works posted:

Hey! It's been a while but we used to be able to count higher than 8.

Only number I need to know how to count to is the number of super bowl rings.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bet my wife on the outcome of the Saints v Pats.

How many rings is the most shameful Brady jersey to own and have to wear? 0 or however many sin cursed stones he has now?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, it was either her or the dog and I think we both know which one is irreplaceable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

big money big clit posted:

I've got a pretty solid idea of which one is going 7-9.

This is the year our offense clicks into overdrive and we set a eingl season touchdown record.

We finish 6-10.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Serotonin posted:

Yep.

Also as a Falcons fan I've got tickets to see the Saints at Wembley Stadium. I feel I should be cheering the Dolphins on, but i'm having bizarre notions of South solidarity.

I will be legitimately dissapointed in you if you root against the dolphins.

NFCS solidarity is the same solidarity Goblins have for each other.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I do not recognize the winner of the most recent super bowl, only the loser. Its a real shame Ill never, ever know who it was that won that game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Everyone in that photo thinks they're perfectly healthy and don't need to worry about those three extra pounds they're carrying when they should lose 28 to 34.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Hey, I'm an Australian who has never watched an NFL game in my life. My local pub is doing an NFL draft though and I get half priced meals all season and a free beer whenever my team wins.

I got the New Orleans Saints.

What do I need to know and how hosed am I? :v:

Well you didnt get the Patriots so youll have to pay for meals.

If Drew Brees dies Id just start mailing the bar a check because they should start charging you double for meals.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If the Dolphins stadium got leveled itd be an improvement.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Why? That stadium looks really nice with all the renovations they did.

My memories of visiting that stadium are lusting for death due to unbelievable heat and poor shade everywhere but the box seats and the box seats were crap compared to most other teams Ive been to.

Plus I paid more than $0 dollars to watch the legend of Tim "Just wins games" Tebow be born live.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That Works posted:

I'm hoping they kinda leave us out of it for a while now.

Forever would be neat, but eventually when Im watching the Wuhan Saints theyll start every video with archival footage of New Orleans before the Fall

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saints going to probably lose, but luckily I have Destiny and a bottle of Bathtub Whiskey to drown myself in so its honestly all smooth sailing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Predicition was accurate, enjoyed time with my family as well as a bottle of booze instead.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

if Brees is ever hurt there's gonna be a Jonestown level event in New Orleans but there are worse backups than Daniel

Well become the Browns, but with a ring.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, the saints set another record.

Look, lets just shoot for 512 in all stats.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Except for that one time in San Diego...... :D

If he went back and replaced Rivers Id probably crack a rib laughing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saints playing checkers while the rest of the division playing chess.

Sorry Saints goons, you don't deserve this.

Checkers has strategy, were playing Candy Land.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

His next opponent in the primary is gonna run all over him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ulmont posted:

In fairness, I honestly don't know who came up with this style first.

The smoke and lens flare make this look like a long lost background member of the parliment funkadelic

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Woke up thought the Saints has a late game and then was pleasantly surprised to find out mimi is way shittier than us

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whatever is going on in Tampa regarding kicking needs to get dipped in bleach

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thank goodness he's gone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like how poo poo the saints defense is that 45 wasnt enough to win safely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sword_man.gif posted:

remember at the beginning of the season when we thought our division was good

lmfao

Didn't we think 3/4ths of the division was good? It just turned out that the entire division is only good at 3/4ths of a game.

• Locked thread