Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

never makes it past the in-person interview because he keeps asking one of the women present why she's talking
hahaha this is tech we’re talking about, ain’t gonna be no woman in the interview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Counterpoint: they will blow their cover when they walk into a speedy bar and order a glass of caffeine free ginger ale.

caffeinated sodas are ok according to the church, even the Mormons can’t stand up to the coca-cola company

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

also those tweets are just Richard spencer having a laugh

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

the thing that got me in Singapore was the blatant racism against Filipinos

it’s almost like racism is totally irrational or something

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

this aggression will not stand, man

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Grape posted:

lol people with recentish Irish grandparents/great-grandparents can apparently immigrate to Ireland extra easily, but the totally NOT anti-semites just don't have a thing to say about that one.
if you have an ancestor denationalized by the Third Reich (usually this means they were Jewish) then you can get German citizenship (you can also get it through your grandparents etc)

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

anyone who calls themselves “center left” is a right winger (I mean by American standards not Marxist standards)

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Because Chinese people just want to watch stupid flashy poo poo that lets them escape from their lives for 90 minutes, and aren't looking for narratives that reinforce all of their most reactionary desires.
well also that’s pretty much the only content you can produce given the CCP’s ridiculous censorship rules (for example time travel and skeletons are prohibited)

negative depictions of police are forbidden too

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

domestic groups can't be classified as terrorists though. MS-13 is an exception because they're technically a foreign gang.
nope MS-13 was founded in america and then exported to el salvador, it’s as american as baseball and apple pie

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

conservative and orthodox judaism are having a bigger generational collapse than the southern baptists and it owns
uh no? unless you mean “modern orthodox,” last I checked the ultra orthodox birth rate is still crazy high

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

i too oppose the holodomor instrumentality project

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

cargo cult posted:

i feel like atomwaffen are capable and motivated and if there's going to be a nazi terror attack with three figure casualty counts they'll be behind it but half the time they seem to end up murdering their room mates or getting caught vandalizing synagogues
isn’t this evidence that they are not that capable

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

used to live in DC, first time I got invited to an event at a plantation house in VA I immediately went looking for the slave quarters

apparently this is quite uncommon

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

they're incapable of mass terror attacks right up until they arent
their operatives are getting busted for dumb poo poo like vandalism, that doesn’t sound like a well organized terror group to me

given their poo poo opsec (why risk getting compromised over loving vandalism) chances they are full of feds and get wound up as soon as they try to do something serious

I mean, I’m all for taking them seriously and not being complacent but there is no evidence they are operationally capable of an organized mass terror attack

Sure lone wolf stuff is possible but I’d focus on people like Martin Sellner who have actually incited mass casualty attacks

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

i wore a Bundeswehr jacket in high school and when some exchange students from Germany saw it they were absolutely shocked and thought I was a nazi

but yeah in North America they’re a popular punk/vaguely “alternative” item of clothing, if anything the wearers are probably left of center on average

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Sedisp posted:

Hitler came to power because the liberals in power allied with the Nazis out of pearl clutching over leftists beating up Nazis.
the centre party was conservative catholic not liberal, by the time the NSDAP really started picking up steam liberal parties were no longer serious political players

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

I mean to be fair one of the biggest "oopsies" of the crusades was whipping up Christian supremacy led to one of the earliest documented pogroms instead of the intended invasion of the Holy Land.
well that and sacking Constantinople making it way more vulnerable to a muslim invasion

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

obviously they're not the only ones who have it, but to the best of my knowledge they're the only ones offering it up to people like paul nehlen. even facebook isn't stupid enough to do that, altho as the article mentions, peter thiel is on the board of facebook and funded this company
yeah their secret sauce is probably that thiel has made some back room deal with zuck not to sue them into the ground for scraping FB

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

cool dance moves posted:

My man's gacked on uppers, hes got that nervous, euphoric energy
yeah he looks like he is on mdma but without the good vibes

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

FMguru posted:

This is classic organizational structure in an authoritarian/totalitarian government - the Leader creates multiple competing power centers with overlapping and vaguely-defined boundaries, and pits them against each other for favor and resources and to keep them from unifying behind someone who will depose and replace the Leader. So you end up with Goering, who as head of the Luftwaffe ending up controlling a half-million combat ground troops, with their own equipment and rank structure and organizational culture and supply system, instead of those troops being given to the Army, which could have really, really used them. Same thing with the Waffen-SS, a separate army staffed and run by dedicated Nazis instead of the old Prussian families that ran the regular army. Hard for the Army to coup Hitler when they didn't even have control of more than half of the Reich's ground troops. But it led to massive duplication of effort and wasteful conflicts between elements.

Saudi Arabia famously has two air forces (the Saudi National Air Force and the Royal Saudi Air Force) and for a very similar reason - if the officers in one organization decide to launch a coup, the other air force can shoot them down. A successful coup means subverting both organizations, which is tough (it's hard enough to subvert a single military branch) and made tougher by the fact that the Saudi royal family sets the SNAF and RSAF at odds whenever they can (not much trust or love lost between the two). Saddam's Iraq had a bunch of competing power centers, again by design. It's a pattern you see all over the place when you start looking for it. It's a lot of things, but it sure ain't efficient - and it's a great counterpoint to harebrained arguments about how dictatorships are efficient and get things done.
Democracies do the same thing too, there’s a reason the US has four military branches and 20 different intelligence services.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

People whose entire lives are punchlines are terrific jokes to enjoy, except that there's usually a mass shooting at the end.

on that note has anyone checked in with two worlds lately

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It’s so weird to see an earnest argument from someone who genuinely believes all the insane poo poo the right says about the left. I always thought it was all just cover and everybody knew.
Half of the reason that poo poo exists is so the rubes can consume it and think they’re smart for reading something with big words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

i have heard versions (again grain of salt without a better source here) which allege that people suffering from amok report the delusion that their penis is literally retracting into their body and will keep going and kill them. a little on the nose! but the fact that restorative justice is accepted after these sorts of attacks is sort of inspirational as well.

the penile retraction delusion syndrome is called koro and really exists but is not directly connected with the concept of amok

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koro_%28medicine%29