Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
fallout 4 is the worst game I've ever beaten. I did bother to complete it though, so there are definitely worse things out there. THe nicest thing I can say about FO4 is that it occupies your hands while freeing you to listen to a year's worth of podcast backlogs without mental distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I didn't think this could possibly be unpopular but the dualshock is the de facto perfect videogame controller, the face buttons, the triggers the dpad the analogue sticks. You couldn't make a better device.

Lol that controller was designed for somebody without a human hand. to use the controller means putting your hands into some horrible claw position that becomes uncomfortable to hold almost immediately. Add in that the buttons are almost always unintuitive for where they are positioned, and at the very least run counter to convention for seemingly no reason. X will work as "A" when you'd assume it meant "B" kind of thing. Even Nintendo has come around to the proper controller shape these days, the good shape for human beings with regular mammal hands.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

poverty goat posted:

I wonder what Todd Howard was going to lie about this year.

I don't know if this unpopular so much as it is obtuse but Fallout 4 is the worst game I've ever beaten. I have a hard time telling if it's better or worse than Outer Worlds, which was just a bad game I stopped playing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
they also didn't account for what if you just straight up shoot the guy in the institute. He spooked me and I VATS critted him into Oblivion. I killed him so hard the game didn't know what to do. I ended up having to just find my own way out of thew place and everyone talked to me as if nothing had changed. The Preston route seems to be the default because when I got out of the Institute, it was treated like I sided with the Minituemans

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Fallout 4 was probably the first Bethesda game that wasn't salvagable at all. I know everyone hates Bethesda games now, but not even mods could save Fallout 4. I wasn't even 10 hours in before I realized that all the quests were "go to this buiilding, clear it, come back" without any stakes or worldbuilding whatsoever. The only thing that was fun about it was having the pip boy menu on my ipad while I played.

I think I only beat Fallout 4 because the game was the exact perfect blend of mindless and endless to listen to hours and hours of podcasts. I listened to like several years of Radiolabs, a bunch of old 1940-50s fiction podcasts, and plenty else.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I can get behind all this but I don't think George Broussard can

IS he a homophobe? I just dont know anything aobut him and googling him just turns up images of the Simpson's Comic Book Guy.

Duke should definitely be bi or pansexual or something. Nothing more over-the-top-masculine than an indiscriminate sexual appetite.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That was even implied in one of the old games, with Duke at a BDSM club where the dominatrix looked a lot like a female Duke and he seemed into it.

Those games were my stepdads and I was only allowed to play with the adult stuff turned off. I thought it was a glitch the first time I handed money to the air, and it scared the hell out of me whenever there was one of those nake-pod girls, they'd be invisible but still make noise and block your way. ONe time I couldnd't get somewhere so started blasting the walls and inadvertently kill one of the invisible pod people and the gore suddenly showed up out of nowhere, was super freaky.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thing is game publishers these days are terrified that any segment of their audience won't even see the content they put so much money into making, so they try to drag the player to the credits by any means necessary.

More the problem is devs can't form any consensus on what difficulty settings should be. With most AAA games the hard to hardest starting difficulty is the only one that actually takes off the training wheels, while with say, Platinum games, the Normal difficulty starts ramping up HARD later on.

It's a legitimate concern but also a war that is already lost. If achievements existed when Pong was released, we'd find something absurd like only 60% of players ever make it past scoring a single point. If your entire videogame lasted five minutes max, and there was no way to lose, I bet only 2/3rds of them would finish it. I really don't think difficulty has all that much to do with how few game purchasers will ever get into any particular game they buy.

More importantly, the real "difficulty" has so much less to do with the actual game variables and specifics than it just does the basic mode of play. 3D FPS with thumbsticks is hardmode, period. We're obviously all totally groovy and good at it and need things to make it interesting because we've done it so goddamn much across videogames for decades. Hand a rando your kbm or controller for a game like Prey and the problem will never be that the monster had too much health or did too much damage, it will be that the user doesn't have the muscle memory and vg-xp to handle walking, aiming, and camera management at the same time cohesively.

Past that hurdle, sometimes it's also just pointless for a game to be harder. In some games, a enemy can be made harder by pumping up its numbers, but if that jump in difficulty doesn't actually require anything new from the player besides "takes longer/more resource" to kill, it's really just wasting your time. Fail states also can really break immersion, you can get sucked out of a games drama and story if you're dying every other minute to this or that "hard thing." Often these AAA games have no good reason to be much harder, it's just something some players expect and demand an option for so they provide it.

That said: I demand hardmode for Gone Home.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

I liked Binding of Isaac for awhile when it came out, it felt like playing Zelda which was a pretty rare experience at the time, even the Nintendo releases in that genre had mostly gone 3D. There were other top-down perspective games but none managed to capture that feeling.

Once you clear Isaac a bunch the gambling mechanics make themselves clear. Those are why the game remained popular and gained so much word-of-mouth marketing, of course people are going to talk about a game that so successfully hits those pleasure buttons.

BoI + Necrodancer would be such a fun jam. BoI always felt like "too much" with so much of it being obtuse and the whole aesthetic just doesn't work fro me. The Zelda Necrodancer game was really fun and good but braindead easy and very short. Together they could do great work. I know regular Necrodancer exists and is much deeper than the zelda one but I ain't ever get into it the same idk.

PinheadSlim posted:

Dwarf Fortress isn't trying to be a good video game, it's outsider art that happens to be more interesting than most video games. Whoever thinks Rimworld is somehow a Dwarf Fortress substitute is absolutely missing the point.

If we could grant Toady1 everlasting life, I think he would be the person to create the first working simulation of reality, assuming we aren't already in such a simulation, in which case, i want more cave turnips please.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rutibex posted:

my favorite rogue-like is Diablo 2

Diablo was better. Diablo 2 is like some proto-looter-shooter MMO thing that became popular later. Diablo was just better, didn't waste your time with endless grinding (so that you could...grind endlessly more but this time it takes... about the same amount of time as always), and lead you through a chilling descent into hell itself. Diablo 2 took that gothic descent into hell concept and made it it into an action RPG adventure quest, "hail adventurer! go into location and get me 12 boar guts i mean get a cube" and it just turned the series into a different direction entirely. Diablo 3 was pretty nakedly World of Warcraft without the "massive."

The contemporary ARPG genre just sucks, it's literally built around an addictive but pointless and fruitless gameplay loop designed to take as much your time as possible with the least amount of content creation work on their end.

Re: Binding of Isaac art: The peepee poopoo stuff really doesn't bother me, done right I love it, hell, my fictional goblin universe has plenty of stupid gross things casually incorporated into itself I think a city set on the butthole of a dead god is a cool idea and nobody can stop me from continuing to make it.

The problem with BoI is that the art is just loving ugly. The original is like mainlining early 00s newgrounds and I can't hit the blam button hard enough. They even go through all this trouble of making unique items and body parts to customize your character as you acquire stuff, really cool concept, but it's all in that offensively ugly flash-art style of someone using the brush tool and their mouse to "draw." The sequel/remake had an opportunity to improve itself graphically but very bizarrely decided to double down and spent time making comparatively high-effort pixel-art versions that in gestalt and in action... look exactly like the original.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

What, that they like to play good games? The new COD is a kick rear end game, and Fifa is a lot of fun. Easily 95% of the PC / console titles you can buy aren't going to be as good as either of those games. Not everybody is into making Cloud Strife play dress-up, or typing insane sentence fragments into chat while trying to steal baron, or getting headshot through the walls in D2 by spinbotters.

naw if your main jam is games about killing people and doing violence to soccer balls, you're a terrorist in training and you know it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"had a long day at work, time to come home and let off some steam by engaging in simulated violence" - a psychopath

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it's no coincidence that videosgames came out in 1986 and there's been non-stop violenc in the world ever since

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

i like games where secrets require unusual mechanics or one-off stuff. the hadoken in megaman x is a good example, it's triggered by an obscure series of player actions and it's exactly the kind of thing your dumb friend would claim is in the game, and you wouldn't believe him, but it's actually in there, that's a good secret

bullshit, no kid ever discovered this on their own. This is the kind of obtuse thing they'd tell to a specific magazine, or hints hotline, or some other gimmick. First, get 100% of everything in the game so there's no reason to play anymore. Then go to a specific level and ride on a thing until you come to a specific ledge and then die. Do that three times and instead of dying a last time go to the capsule to get the hadoken?

Goldeneye had secret cheats, like, not the ones you unlocked through beating missions or objectives at certain speeds and difficulties. A way to just do button presses in a menu to unlock them. Would've remained secret except some gameshark hacker stumbled upon them and rare felt like releasing them so gameshark wouldn't have that "secret cheats" edge or something.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

TP is straight garbage. Not even "bad for a Zelda game", it's just bad. It's the only main series Zelda game I didn't bother to beat.

It had so many parts where I was actively dreading or hoping to avoid. Basically any fight with the fuckin like Tron monsters or whatever was just a slog. Being wolflink was fine, they just made those fights play out in a lovely way.

The game had some of the coolest poo poo in it too, but locked away or underutilized. Double hookshots was dope, but only like one dungeon really used it and that dungeon was eh. The loving spinner was awesome, we could've been spinning our asses off across the map! Nope, only in these ziggy zag spots in this area har har.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

yeah no i hate missable things, at least in longer games where you can't just easily replay them, but that's not the same as a secret, the hadoken thing or the super mario world secrets you can just go back to after you beat the game.

here's the reason i couldn't get into dark souls: i was having a pretty good time fighting skeletons in an old castle, and then suddenly i kill a skeleton guy who looks a little different, i look it up online and turns out it's actually a merchant who sells some stuff. i quit the game at that point because i didn't have an earlier save, and the merchant probably sold some poo poo i needed for a good playthrough. i don't need to 100% every game i play but i don't want to be locked out of 100% by some arbitrary action either

that merchant didn't have nothin you needed for a good playthrough, but if by that point you weren't already bathing in gamer enlightenment about DS, you were never going to "get into it" like the people screaming at everyone to try want you to.

imo I'm fine with missable stuff, but videogames are art so it's really up to whatever they're making, sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it doesn't. that said, videogames are also consumer entertainment products most of the time, and devs should be careful to invoke FOMO without good cause. It's going to turn people off, so it had better mean something when included.

Morrowind let you kill critical NPCs. Easier to make/load a save in that game, but you could also just roll with it. Kill that idiot moon sugar addict in Balmora, who cares! Morrowind is a robust enough game that completely cutting yourself out of the "main quest" storyline is genuinely a non-issue. Hundreds of hours played in that game, never once, even when I set out, have I beaten the main quest. There's always something else I was more interested in doing.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

As Wolf Link there's a really way to kill those tron-whatever monsters. They always show up in pairs of three. As Wolf Link, do the move that creates a circle around you and get all three monsters highlighted in the circle. Wolf Link then basically auto-kills all three.

I know, that's why it sucked fighting them, same exact strategy everytime, just wasting my time and wasn't fun to do compared to fighting enemies any other way.

d3lness posted:

People love Majora's Mask. Let's not act like popularity is indicative of how good gameplay actually is.

Agreed, Majora's Mask is an underdog considering how good it is.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
your assignment is basically a formal post just write it out here so it doesn't feel like you're stuck working

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I liked ActRaiser except for the parts where you had to be sidescroller.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Isn't that merchant at like the very beginning of the game? I don't think I really "got" dark souls until much later but I get feeling discouraged after killing an NPC, before realizing that you should kill most if not all of the NPCs

IDK, you can play the game either way WRT to killing or not killing people. The "correct" path was always obtuse enough nobody's really doing it without spoiling it first. The skeleton merchant's usefuleness depended on what your starting class/items were and what you've done before reaching him. Just a handy low-level merchant for basic crap. In fact, killing him gives you the only two important items he sells, as well as a cool weapon he doesn't sell. He's placed in a place it's natural to accidentally or instinctively kill him, you can find posts of people confused how they got some cool items from seemingly worthless zombie mobs.

ArbitraryC posted:

I never got the hype about demon/dark souls being "hard". I played through the original demon souls and have seen bits and pieces of various dark souls, watched an LP. Don't get me wrong I think they are cool games with a nice atmosphere but "this is true gamer challenge" just leaves me with questionmarks. You can basically just brute force the entire series, I recall one of the really popular LP's here had a guy doing a blind run with two DS veterans coaching him as he went and he was just straight up bad at videogames, like practically watching your parent play bad, and he just slowly built up enough tank stats that he could just fatroll his way through every fight chugging potions all the way to the bank. The spectators kept hinting he would eventually be punished for not learning how to parry and such, but it literally never happened.

You're so comfortable and used to videogames and videogame logic that you no longer have a good frame of reference for difficulty. People have been saying DS is easy since the first time someone scoffed when someone said it was hard. You even watch professional gamers and compare them to someone who doesn't know how to play videogames at all. Dunno what to tell you man, it's obviously a hard videogame but you're too high level for these quests, sorry.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I had a drinking buddy who lived next to a bar who mentioned he was getting stuck on some end game Dark Souls 3 bosses - e.g. the dancer, nameless king. I never played the game before going over to his place but he did have weed. Anyway I beat those bosses for him (in three different sessions) just picking the game up and that's how I beat Dark Souls 3 - I wouldn't say the game is a push-over, as people generally don't give you free drugs to beat easy games, but I was honestly expecting a lot worse.

There just needs to be a Kaizo-tier Dark Souls game. Dark Souls isn't so bad if you're already comfortable dealing with a character in 3D space and are reactive to telegraphs, and increasing HP/damage from bosses doesn't make them functionally much harder since all can be beaten "flawlessy" even with a naked character.

Can y'all think of any harder mainstream game? For the most part I think most developers have something they're more interested than "difficulty," especially ones trying to make products with broad appeal.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Nah I would say there's plenty of video games that are legit hard that you don't see brought up nearly as much as that series. Like even some old school megaman stuff probably requires tighter timing and muscle memory because the game didn't have to cushion anything for 3d graphics or a 3d world. The LP I mentioned wasn't a "pro gamer" just some LP crew on our forums, and they went into it blind and straight up didn't bother with all the difficult mechanics of the game because they could slowly out-stat things through attrition. I referenced parrying because it became an ongoing joke of the series, the assumption was always that this next mob/area/blah would surely force him to play better because he'd lose if he didn't, but he'd already have had such upgraded poo poo by that point that he could still just keep facetanking it.

As an easy modern example you could just look at basically any number of indie roguelikes, they span like infinite genres but generally are all way "harder" to reach a true end because there's no (reasonably accessible) mechanic to just let you grind and then win for free. You don't even really have to be going that hard out of your way in the DS to do it, the games are well balanced to the point that the worse you play the more time you'll spend on areas and the more you'll end up compensating with raw stats without making you really feel like you're just powerleveling.

e: to be clear I'm not saying they're bad games I'm just directly addressing the whole reputation they have for being the true difficulty of gaming people need to cut their teeth on. Straight up anyone can slowly fumble their way through them if they wanted to.

Old games were difficult and had different design philosophies, a transition state away from arcade experience. Relatively few AAA games exist compared to the thousands of indies for each one, there are definitely harder videogames than DS but not mainstream AAA releases in the past decade. Ninja Gaiden was way hard, I never beat the first levels at a friends house but also didn't feel interested in the challenge anyway.

When I say "pro" I don't really mean they get paid, but that they're a serious hobbyist. Someone on an LP crew is experienced at videogames as a medium, relatively fair assumption, right? To even have the knowledge or care to "cheese" dark souls via grinding or taking advantage of a tanky build/items presumes a certain depth of game-knowledge/logic that maybe the average consumer doesn't hopping over from Uncharted or whatever to DS.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

ah yes, that inscrutable shibboleth that only the truly hardcore would understand, “leveling up to get stronger”

yes but not as sarcastically, still a little sarcastic though.

"grinding" is something you need to have videogame disease already to do on purpose

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Then you have the one high profile game in history where levels did NOT equal (relative) power, Oblivion. And boy nobody ever loving let them forget it.

Petition to rename Oblivion to "Don't Sleep"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

the entire mobile game industry is monetized by this not being true at all

what are you even basing this assertion on

ishikabibble posted:

ah yes, the esoteric knowledge of

"i get stronger if i level up, and i level up by beating enemies. if i'm struggling with this boss then maybe i should beat up more easier enemies and come back stronger and try again"

that only hardcore gamers can intuit.

I'm thinking of it more as "hey this activity is annoying and tedious, better make it go by slightly faster by doing it over and over gambling on things to make this irksome activity over faster" but i can't argue against how intermittent reward for predictable activity is like the most effective psychological game to play with a person.

where do you draw the lines for degree of gamertude? controlling 3rd person avatar in a 3d space while also managing camera and actions comfortably? if dark souls is hard/easy for you? is it only competitive multiplayer games where gamer coreness can be determined?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
all casino games within games should be like the casino level in sonic

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i vaguely remember cheesing some dice blocks in order to get some lazy shell item for peach that made her actually invulnerable to damage

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Diablo 2 might have been longer, more varied, and had better classes, but I have fonder memories of Diablo 1. It was the first real online experience I ever had, and I liked the anarchy of it, and it had a certain charm that I didn’t get from the sequel.

Never even played online, just felt like cheating to my kidbrain. Diablo 1 is a really good game, entirely different from later versions that turn into some proto mmo-gear-grind game. Diablo is just one scary trip through hell through a church that got hosed up by demons.

By diablo 2 you're baby-satan with heck of magic powers for a romp adventure through fantasy land. in 3 you're some sort of self-insert mary sue that stands between heaven and hell and rejected wow expansion maps.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i want ff8 as a baldurs gate game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rutibex posted:

every elder scrolls game is worse then the one before it

Personally I can only verify this up to Morrowind, which would make it the best one since it is. I have once when saying something similar heard an argument for Daggerfall, but one weirdo in like 20 years isn't enough to convince me to even try Daggerfall, though it does do a few things I can admire from the distance, like it's crazy huge explorable world that's still one of the largest in games IIRC.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
use your horse to get up slightly higher on slopes you cant hump! get stuck in areas you cant get down from without dying from fall damage and also the game has dragons but you're still glued to the ground (don't tell anyone but the dragons are too, we just add a lot of negative space to make pretend flying)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
they use mocap in GTA? last one i spent more than an hour or two with was gta4 and it their animation was still so hammyand janky i'm guessing the used muppets for the mocap?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I can't be bothered with any videogame that requires me to remember or care about anything session to session.

The best videogames are the ones you can play for 5 minutes or 5 hours and have broadly the same experience... rocket league, binding of isaac, Diablo, maybe counterstrike if your idea of a videogame is realistically murdering human people.

yikes those are the weakest of videogames imo. should be called sports or games more than videogames. it's not that they're bad, just seem like a very different thing than the art medium of videogame that should have its own word. A word for videogames that don';t really have a point, no message, their creator has nothing of value to say, and the primary experience they were concerned with in creating the game was "fun." Honestly I'd suggest the name "videogame" for them but for some stupid loving reason we already used that misleading name for the entire art medium.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Lol I can't make sense of this post

Some videogames are actual games like toys or board games or card games or sports. You have rules and tools and either someone to compete against with similar tools and rules or just the computer/system with their own rules and routines. Like the games JollyBoyJohn mentioned. Rocket League is an actual sport game. Binding of Isaac generates random rooms and stuff for you to try not to die to. Diablo you got a randomly generated floors to descend into hell and beat up the devil. Counterstrike is paintball competition type thing, you're playing a shooting game against and with other people. The point of these things is to be fun for those involved while they play, and you know mostly what to expect each go.

Marx Was A Lib posted:

I think I can translate:

"If you're not playing TLOU or a David Cage game you're just jerking off"

Real "Capital G G*mer" energy

IDK david gage and im not buying a play station like i own a tv or something, certainly not to play zombie game

i actually liked playing RL/BoI/D1 but I always get to a point pretty quick in games like that of, OK I think I "get" this now, it's going to be this same thing but I get better at doing it with practice.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Okay wait so which video games aren't games?

ones "that requires me to remember or care about anything session to session."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Care to provide some examples?

Ask JollyBoyJohn by what they meant by that specifically

but it's a lot of videogames, basically any RPG or thing with a story with a beginning middle and end type poo poo. It's easy to poo poo on the quality of writing in video games generally, that's totally fair and I agree. There's often huge dissonance between writers and gameplay, seems like a nightmare to write for a game without also having creative control or direction to flow outward from what is written. Tomb Raider always comes to mind, the writer having to try and develop characters and a story, but the gameplay and combat and action sequences had basically already been set in stone, so she had to try and weasel an emotional story that would be immediately and constantly be undercut by both needlessly gruesome death cutscenes and combat sections where you just mow down a bunch of people trying to kill you.

anyway, these are more like a movie or book in that there is a story being told, good writing or not, and there's a point where you complete the intended story and experience.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

How is this scene still the go to example of ludonarrative dissonance when it's literally the opposite? The whole point of that scene was to show Lara accepting that she was going to have to murder a whole lot of people if she was going to survive.

It wasn't a scene it was the whole game, they punctuated shooting sequences throughout. Then there's also a whole level where you trudge through some corpse and blood river to a cave littered with gore with "fun" challenges to do like scour the place for bags of corpses to burn. Contriving a reason for the protagonist to murder a whole bunch of people is often going to fundamentally undercut a lot of potential angles for a story or character to go. hands kind of tied i guess since the original "tomb raider" was a british lady dual wielding pistols with motorcycle gloves and sunglasses

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it was more novel when it was new, not worth playing today but maybe worth reading about. I haven't played it, always meant to and tried to avoid spoilers but that's not really been possible.

AFAIK: It's a mediocre shooting game with a twist at some point the game makes you re-examine why you're going around killing people or you kill a bunch of civilians and the game is like "hmm dont u think maybe bad?" and then you go do more violence and then it turns out the big bad guy was actually just in your mind and u were trying to justify this horrible poo poo and u can choose to kill yourself or surrender or keep being a murder psycho. the coolest thing about it was one of the main devs said that a valid way to beat the game was to put the controller down and stop playing

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if you die in my videogame, you don't respawn and i couldnt get a save system to work but you do get to keep playing in heaven

edit: assuming you bought the season pass

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i just posted the roadmap to the announcement of the DLC alpha tentatively what more do u want

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

900 hours in Rocket League doesn't sound nuts considering it's a pretty low-investment thing. What if you tallied all the time you've spent playing Solitaire?

Its def somewhat crazy. I'm also not sure I'd trust anyone who actually sat down to figure out solitaire, let alone played it on purpose more than once. drat, I thought I was over-the-top extreme having a few RPGs with over 200 hours but my play times are all bloated from habitually leaving game open or back when i was use an idler to make steambux -- so I have some games I've never installed that show 60 hours or whatever. Is there a way in steam to sort by hours played?

WoW probably has the most hours anyway, but I'm not sure that counts as a videogame for these purposes, the hours in WoW reflect more binge periods of addiction and that kind of mmo madness that sometimes clouds the mind. Plus by design, a lot of the game is actually nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
not in a circumstance where Hearts is also installed