Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"Having just completed a multimillion-dollar deal with business partner Gavin Matheson (Adrian Paul), Tom Weaver (Grayson McCouch) calls it a day and heads down to an underground parking garage to retrieve his car. But, before he can drive home to his wife, Molly (Amy Locane), Tom finds himself targeted by a man in a pickup truck who clearly wants him dead. Tom can't figure out why he's being chased, and, as the driver pursues him through the garage, Tom tries to avoid becoming roadkill."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol -------- they lettin u pick movies again?
Last movie I picked was Six Gun Savior and everyone loved it so suck my dick you fuckman.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol -------- they lettin u pick movies again?
Hey guess what this movie was loving phenomenal and exactly what nite crew is all about and anyone who missed it is a big dumb idiot.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nice. it sounds the whole house of cards is imploding.
We've been saying this since December.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DryGoods posted:

https://twitter.com/Sarah_Boxer/status/850103502911270913

From the stories coming out since the election, she needs whatever she can get to put up with the few times Trump forces Melania to be next to him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Russian Trumpbots have #SyriaHoax trending.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized we've spent the last two months wondering how Trump would handle a crisis that wasn't of his own making, and that the answer is to cause a crisis with his response.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

I dont think anyone has ever defended that Trump wouldn't get into war.
"Destroy ISIS bing bang boom" doesn't count as war, "remove Assad from Syria" does.
Edit: This is what people who voted for Trump based on his isolationism actually believes.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is going to start pushing the false flag theory without saying false flag. He's gonna say something like "There's some really smart people out there who are saying it wasn't Assad. These are people that were right about Iraq, about Libya, and about a lot of other things. And these are some of the best people, they've supported me even when the media was telling everyone I couldn't win, but I did, 304 electoral votes, a landslide, and I didn't beat Hillary Clinton, who just the other day gave a horrible interview, just horrible, so nasty, I didn't beat her in a landslide just to do what she would do."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly. probaly something like that. he probaly also got told by russia that they had trump by the nuts and he would play their game. again who knows.

he might, he is either gonna go full patton and bomb them to poo poo, or 180 and talk about how great and innocent assad is.
Trump going full Patton on Syria would mean the piss tape isn't real.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

2DCAT posted:

I'm still waiting to hear whether Bill Watterson thinks the Syrian chemical warfare attack was fake or not.
If you mean Scott "Dillbro" Adams, yes he does.
If you mean Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes, how loving dare you.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Re: Is this good or bad
https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/status/850163636605779968

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/255784560904773633

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
McMuffin with a good take
https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/status/850171583314448384

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I've been watching both and they all seem pretty much like "This is huge reversal on isolationism, but what the gently caress happens next and why the gently caress did Trump reverse course?"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao whoever actually thought donald "i'll bomb the poo poo out of them" trump was isolationist are the dumbest people in the world
He was talking about ISIS, which is basically the biggest fear of Joe Cornshuck in Kansas. No one in America is afraid of Assad gassing us.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"Back to the drawing board, I guess."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think the debate over whether Trump did a bad or a good kind of misses the whole point: Trump himself is bad and not at all equipped to handle this sort of thing. No matter how he ended up in the job he's clearly fuuuuuucking terrible at basic things like strategy, planning ahead, having a coherent worldview that isn't infected by Fox and Friends, etc etc

He loving got bored and went to go play Big Rig Butters while his healthcare bill went up in flames, didn't do his homework, didn't do the legwork needed for it, didn't understand any of the politics of it, wanted to force a vote on it anyway just to put together an enemies list, on and one and on....and we're giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's doing his due diligence on an even more complex and serious life/death/war issue?

gently caress that.

I feel like I'm watching people argue over whether the vanilla or chocolate ice cream is better when they know there's rat poison in both of them.
It's like debating the morality of abortion when the doctor is Edward Scissorhands.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Having to see every single one of this scum-sucking motherfucker's comics despite never setting foot in the polititoons thread has been worth it for this moment.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
#FireKushner is trending and I think this is the base breaker.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

If I was to watch a sentai show which one should I start with? These gifs are terribly amusing.
Kyoryuger. Just make sure you get the Over-Time subs.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Squizzle do you have a gif of the moment where KyoryuRed takes off his sunglasses because I love it and can't find it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

is it from a specific episode or a piece of stock footage

if you give me an episode # and if i should look toward the beginning middle or end i bet i can gif it up tonight

number not hashtag
Episode 31 with the clock at 7:48.

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's what it seems to be so far and it worries me that I will miss all the jokes.
I'm gonna do you a solid and reveal myself to have spend literally over a hundred hours watching Japanese children's toy commericals.

The Sentai I've seen from start to finish:

Jetman: Bird-themed paramilitary organization fights against invading alien force with infighting and drama on both sides. While two of the five rangers get seriously shafted so that there can be more focus on the other three, the character dynamics of Jetman are surprisingly complex and even rather unhealthy. There's a lot of adult feelings in Jetman and if you're interested in seeing what almost was the source material for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers go places you would never expect, I recommend checking it out. Also has an amazing ending that is possibly the greatest thing the franchise has ever done.

Dairanger : Secret club of chosen warriors of Chinese mythical animals battle resurging ancient evil with personal rivals emerging for each member of the team. Unfortunately, outside of a handful of episodes, the show is terminally boring, as the cast has zero chemistry and the aforementioned ancient evil is poorly defined at best and downright nonsensical at worst. Also, a fantastic main mech is wasted, with nearly all of the fights being 95% stock footage of the mech coming together and then doing the finishing attack. Also, the ending directly contradicts the most interesting idea the show puts forth. That said, the show has a handful of scenes that are iconic for the franchise, and if subbed DVDs weren't out I'd link them here.

Gaoranger: Secret club of chosen warriors of robot animals battle resurging ancient evil. A lighthearted, middling series, mostly notable for being the first series in the franchise to heavily use CGI. Has some interesting arcs and ideas and the cast has pretty good chemistry. However the most dramatic moments of the show are almost always made moot, as the show is a huge offender of Deus Ex Machina syndrome, even relative to the rest of the franchise. However, this is arguably justified because one of the mecha in the show is God.

Gekiranger: Two competing schools of animal kung-fu, one of justice and one of strength, compete for supremacy. Awesome designs and some fascinating ideas are wasted on an insulting melodrama with characters that range from boring to intolerably irritating, the latter of which describes the show's lead to a 't'. Some people really like it though so maybe I'm crazy.

Go-Onger : Humans team up with sentient toy cars from another dimension to combat pollution monsters. Not without its charm, but outside of one amazing arc that satirizes the entire franchise in a way that could honestly be described as mean-spirited, this is as forgettable as they come.

Shinkenger: Four descendants of samurai swear their lives to a modern day Lord in a battle against demons who seek to flood the earth with pain and suffering. Their bonds are forged and then brought to their very limits. Fantastic characters, some of whom have amazing arcs, a theatrical style, and some seriously disturbing antagonists make for a wonderful series. Shame the mecha are ugly as sin. Talking more indepth about what makes this show truly great involves spoilers, unfortunately.

Gokaiger: Five space pirates with the powers of all 34 of their predecessors in addition to their own come to Earth in search of the greatest treasure in the universe and find themselves defending our planet against the greatest threat it's ever known, while they learn the true power of the Super Sentai. This show contains ending spoilers for both Shinkenger and Jetman. If you've any interest in those, watch them first. Has a great cast and insane variety in its fight scenes, although the villains of the year are pretty boring, save for one. More than that, though, it's about as great an argument as you could ever make for the higher purpose of a toy commercial, dozens of guest stars from the past 35 years of the franchise make appearances, many of whom weren't going to until the Japan tsunami of that year. A retrospective of a franchise that has always been about getting kids to ask their parents to buy them toys, but maybe along the way inspired some of them to be better people, over the course of more than a generation. Also, come on, pirates.

Go-Busters: Three young adults who have dedicated the past thirteen years of their life to training to combat the forces of a malevolent computer virus constantly match wits with the virus's mysterious and incredibly effective lieutenant. A show where the main attraction is how many things it does differently than the rest of the franchise, from an amazing change to the "make my monster grow" formula we all know and love, to relying far less on stock footage, to seriously cutting down on the toys, to having a main antagonist who is actually effective more often than not, this show's flaws (two out of three of the core cast being mediocre, slight thematic disconnect, and some serious tonal problems around the 2/3rds mark caused by executive meddling) are not nearly enough to dilute how enjoyable it is to see something so... risky.

Kyoryuger: Five warriors chosen by dinosaurs bravely battle a legion of evil that seeks to resurrect its master. Insanely fun with a cast that is a joy to watch, this show suffers a little from overfocus on the Red Ranger and catchphrase overload, but the chemistry between the team is simply off the charts, the entire show has an infectious enthusiasm to it. The show does stumble at the very end, with an underwhelming climax and some very obvious opportunities missed,, but as long as you go in knowing that and makes sure to enjoy the ride, you'll have a great time.

I put way too much work into this.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I too think a mass, collective cry of IT WASNT TRUMP, COMMANDER IN CHIEF, IT WAS THAT OTHER GUY is a clear sign these people will turn on trump
People are mad that Trump is betraying them by listening to his (((globalist))) son-in-law instead of Bannon. When Trump chooses Ivanka over Bannon, which he did last night and will again, the base will turn on him.

Bannon will be either ousted or sidelined.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Also, credit where credit is due, the alt-right still seems enormously furious at Trump and out of love with him now. I figured they would've memory holed the whole thing like his making their browser histories public domain
The difference is that the world wasn't talking about that for more than an hour. This is lasting.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Glimm posted:

Trump... Good?
Oh no, not at all. Trump's domestic policy will remain wretched, and his foreign policy will now be wretched in a way we're much more familiar with.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Watch Trump's approval rating go up 2% before falling to a new low the following week.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I've never been so disappointed not to see a man's rear end in a top hat.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Is this 100% real or not?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm actually digging around to see if it's fake or not and I can't find any evidence that it is fake. There's no confirmed-real checkmark by Facebook, though.

It uses the same account name as his Twitter account -- PressSec -- and I don't see any other White House Press Secretary pages on Facebook, not even fake ones. The posts on it sure do sound like Spicer too, and if it's fake someone has taken over two months and multiple posts to orchestrate this.

:shrug:
Is this one of those psy-ops I've been hearing so much about?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm confused, what is this election and why is it significant?
Pompeo's seat is getting filled, it's the first general election since Trump's inauguration, and a democrat might win even though that hasn't happened in this district in decades.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If the argument for the American people still maybe perhaps possibly being fit to govern starts in loving Kansas of all places...

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i just want my mental health back

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Trump is the perfect millstone around their necks.
We said this when they nominated him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/tackettdc/status/852251343955820545

In the past two hours, he's reversed on JYNA, the Export-Import Bank, and NATO.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
listen if none of you fuckers are going to r/thedonald to share their pained reactions to this, I guess I'M gonna have to do it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If Bannon's ousted, please, please, please let his desire for chaos and destruction overwhelm his self-interest.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/852330541227659264

I stand by my belief that people are going to have to be tried in a court of law and hanged for our nation to get past this.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

s-m did you see the gif like a week ago

yeah. thanx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

zegermans posted: