Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Looking forward to playing Zelda whenever I can actually get it, because apparently a preorder doesn't mean you get the game any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I am Mad About Zelda.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

lets hang out posted:

No one likes a spoiled butt

Don't kinkshame.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I feel this is a prank to get people to lick game carts like idiots, but Jeff Gerstmann's reaction was so genuine that I don't know what to think.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I actually really want to make molds out of different game cartridges and cast them in chocolate now, and it surprises me that I can't find evidence of this already existing.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Finally gave up, cancelled my physical Zelda preorder and switched it to digital. What is this hosed up world where a digital download code costs more than a physical disc and case?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Harrow posted:

I made the mistake of comparing the Switch and Wii U visuals for Zelda and the Wii U version's pretty awful color contrast is sort of a dealbreaker :negative:

I know, I know, this shouldn't matter to me, but it's noticeable enough that I think I'd feel like I was cheating myself out of a really pretty game by not waiting to play it on a Switch, whenever I can actually get one.

Is this what it's like to care whether you get a TN or IPS on your 3DS?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Phantasium posted:

The main game on the Wii U that took advantage of the GamePad was Mario Maker,

Please play Pikmin 3.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I only like games that have peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets in them.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

MinibarMatchman posted:

buy 2 get 1 free. i'm just going hogwild and getting horizon+zelda if I can and then hopefully Nier, but if not I'll pick up something else new and put it towards Nier

Hopefully you're getting the Wii U version because Switch games aren't eligible.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

glam rock hamhock posted:

I meant more that in game the first item you get is literally a magic tablet and a ton of stuff revolves around it.

Yeah I'm loving the game but that's really goddamn stupid.

Also, making sprint the bottom face button and jump the top face button. I have to claw if I want to sprint jump. There's a menu option to change it but it just swaps the buttons so it's the exact same issue.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Pollyanna posted:

I'll probably play Zelda at some point. Probably.

Not super excited for the Switch but I'm considering breaking out my wiiu to play botw...Is it good, so far? That comment about having to claw to jump worries me.

Yes, hello, I am the one who made that comment. I've only played the game for a few hours so far, but it is extremely good. I haven't come across a situation where I would need to sprint jump, I just want to be able to do it and it feels unwieldy. Other than that, I'm having a great time cooking up frogs and peppers :v:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Left click crouches, right click is binoculars.

I had no idea the Wii U pad's sticks even clicked before playing this game.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I saw a clip where a dude tried to throw a bomb at an enemy and it kicked it back in Link's face, completely wrecking him

But... the bombs are remotely detonated. Would you have to be a total moron to trigger it after it gets launched back at you?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

So... yes.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Andrast posted:

You can also switch the jump button in the options

Swap the jump button. With the sprint button. So it's the same.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

If you invert both axis I think you get put on a list somewhere

What if there's someone in the world who inverts only the X axis...

Please someone tell me there isn't, for my sanity

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Auron posted:

Horizon is a better game than Zelda so play that first.

:eyepop:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

There is a lot of hyperbole about BotW going around, but I really am having a great time with it and it's impressive how carefully crafted and packed with stuff the world is. But what I really love is that it's the first Zelda game in a long time that doesn't force you through hours of tutorial and story before letting you just explore. It really does have that 'just dropped into the world and set off to explore' feeling of Zelda 1.

Christ, Skyward Sword felt like I was on a railroad through the entire game, from beginning to end. Even worse constantly being stopped to have Fi tell you things.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 4, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I've learned to read both languages in BotW...

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

My cat of 14 years died today. I'm afraid I will always associate this amazing Zelda game with the death of my cat.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

breath of the wild actually has zero dungeons

Um, if you had learned to read ancient Hyrulian like me, you would know that the shrine doors all say 'dungeon' on them :colbert:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

e: oh speaking of which is their any significance to the Eastern Abbey's map subtitle, which seems to be unique (but i didn't really look hard)

I just started up the game to find out for you, it says 'artifact', which is different from most of the 8-letter subtitles, which is 'location'.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

:shrug:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Harrow posted:

How do you gently caress up a Bomberman game in the first place?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah but there's no money in this though. Gamers say they want video games to be considered art but the minute you start subjecting them to the sort of critical analysis that gets applied to art it immediately turns around and becomes "god why are trying to shove your agenda into this, just play the game and have fun, jeez."

Have you considered that the people saying these two things are not, in fact, the same people?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

.us

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The selfie mode on the camera in BotW loving sucks because Link is always in the exact center of the shot. You can make him do little poses and point at stuff but good luck lining his finger up with anything.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Petition to rename the Zelda timeline the 'Calamity Canon'

e: Wait, how long has the Zelda thread been called that? Did I accidentally steal this joke? :(

Olive! fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 9, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

VideoGames posted:

Heheh. I saw this post and then stealth edited the title :getin:

I just got up and caught up with the thread, and thanks for this, VideoGames! I've never had a thread named after something I said before :D

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

i miss good hair brad

I miss Drew...

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

an actual dog posted:

Okay that's not exactly true because the main quest writing sucks but everything else (including side quest writing) is really really good.

There are a ton of really good dialogue options in the game. I like the guy you can talk to and just keep picking 'Why?' after everything he says

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Wii u emulator runs it at 10 fps

A Wii U emulator can run Bloodborne? :eyepop:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Well gently caress. I was playing BotW and suddenly at the beginning of a fight, I got huge GPU-error looking graphical artifacts on the whole left side of the screen, and the very left edge of my gamepad. It was only ingame and not on the home menu/Wii U system menu, but jesus christ. I'm gonna leave the thing off for the night and hope it gets better.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

There was a remaster of Arkham Asylum?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Just the other day I got a gold split on History and beat my PB by a whole 2 minutes

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland is like a 120/10... WOW!!!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's kind of fun in a cutesy way but the praise it gets is way overblown and the fans are terrible.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

I finally got a shotgun to the Tunnel Man so I can go to the Ice Caves anytime! :woop:

Congrats! The downside is that if you ever take the shortcut you'll be woefully underequipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

http://store.steampowered.com/app/596370/

This game came out a couple days ago, looks like an interesting little puzzler. Anyone know about it?

• Locked thread