Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I called a half dozen Walmarts and the stores that did have some were only preorders, but Meijer of all places had 25 and still spots in line at 10 o'clock. Was able to walk in, stand and chat, and walk out. Only I had already ordered Zelda from Amazon, but at least I got one and it's all set up and ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Through the extremely scientific process of trying it one time, the MacBook pro's USB-C charger charges this thing much, much faster than the included one

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

umop apisdn posted:

Spent the morning driving around the local Target, Best Buy, TRU, and Walmart, all sold out since Friday. This is in the western suburbs of Chicago, looks like demand far outstripped supply.

I guess that's what I get for wanting to wait for reviews and not pre-ordering...

Did see lots of pro controllers and accessories, just no systems!

I'm in the same area, seemed like launch night stock was low everywhere (compared to other areas of the country) and I had my doubts about Nintendo getting more out any time soon. I lucked out by being one of the few that remembered Meijer exists and they ended up having 25 which was way more than any other store claimed to have.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Playing it handheld is so good I haven't bothered to set up the dock yet

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Waltzing Along posted:

With that type of protector, if you don't get it perfect the first time, it tends to get worse and worse with each try.

With HORI (other than that stupid premium one) you have a lot of flexibility to make sure it is 100% perfect before actually peeling the backings off the screen.

Yeah, but the glass ones are ten thousand times easier to get on right the first time than the dumb assed plastic ones. Also, they're better

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

parallelodad posted:

Is needing to move your save file especially common?

It'd be nice to have backups with the Switch since it seems especially likely to break or get stolen. I'd also take cloud saves if Nintendo could ever figure that one out.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

FireMrshlBill posted:

Isn't there some type of lockout so people can't use generic USB-c to HDMI adapters? Would Nintendo license that out and lose money on their insanely overpriced ones?

Yeah, it's mildly annoying because I could then share even more USB-C stuff between it and my macbook

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Mace Bacon posted:

If anyones looking for a good case, this one I just got off the rack at EB Games at the Midnight Launch is real Nice. The spine is strong, the mesh inside is padded with foam, and it's pretty subtle.

That's the one I have, it's nice but I wish it had a pocket for accessories instead of some of the eight dozen game pouches.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Was looking if anyone reviewed Blaster Master yet, and Nintendo Life has, but I don't know what their reviews are generally like as I only ever heard of them while digging around for Switch news coming up on launch.

Seemed positive, if not particularly enthusiastic

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/blaster_master_zero

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

parallelodad posted:

Tons of challenge modes, boss rushes, time attacks, lots of concept art, full manual scans, ability to play NES or famicom versions

Yeah, just having access to all the high quality art scans made it worth it to me. Plus all the challenges/remixes were fun. Together with a retrogames thread level of detail to the emulation. It made it worth Paying For ROMs, even on PC.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Dehry posted:

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/media-create-sales-3617-31217
2nd week Japanese sales are out.

Switch sold nearly 62k units in the second week in Japan. First week was 330k

It's only a data point this early on, but this is similar to PS4 and Vita in terms of sales. They're definitely not doing 3DS numbers, and even that prompted a price cut.

Is it still supply constrained over there too?

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

MarcusSA posted:

Mega man something something

megaman is 20XX, clearly this is an Earthbound Trilogy announcement.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

an actual dog posted:

Internal storage is always faster than the rest but not to a life changing degree, fancy fast SD cards don't see much benefit over slower kinds.

That's about what I expected. I got the 256GB card from MassDrop pre launch and it's been Fine, not that there's a ton to put on it yet.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

inferis posted:

I'm not carrying around a cd binder, I can carry all the games in the case I'm already carrying my switch. Is this some fantasy scenario where everyone wants to play Mario kart but not if it takes 10 seconds to put the game in?

My plan is to pester girl into sewing an Accessories pouch over the elastic

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Infinitum posted:

It sucks that it's $40, but it's fair from their perspective. Base game + 2 DLC packs, changes made specifically for the Switch, porting costs, etc.

Just very hard to justify dropping $40 on a game I already own on Steam.

It's a very very very good game though, so it's sorely tempting... and to have it portable... and to be told it's essentially the definitive edition by the devs... :ohdear:

I'd much rather have something fresh like Gungeon or whatever rather than the 18th rerelease of the poop blood game

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Infinitum posted:

Gungeon is currently being ported :eng101:

Fully sick

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just sold A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS for 2 dollars less than I paid for it brand new.

Never buy digital when physical is an option is this gamer's opinion.

I think you lost on that one because now you can no longer play A Link Between Worlds

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm an idiot and managed to gently caress up applying both of my amFilm protectors. The first one was just a huge bubble in the center and I could not for the life of me get rid of, and the second somehow a piece of dust got caught and lifting it to clean left a corner unsticky and it looked real bad and was slowly growing.

I mean they're ten bucks on Amazon Prime so it's not a huge loss but I haven't messed with screen protectors since my old iPod Touch and forgot how incredibly bad I am at applying them.

Did you let it rest overnight before loving with it? On glass protectors the air eventually works its way out

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I remember the thing that put me over the edge on a Wii U was being at a friends house and they could navigate netflix with the touch screen..

But then 3D World came out so it was okay

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
There's a pile of 25 bananas, bananas hanging on the walls, stasis+, and the only guards you have to deal with are the 2 in doorways. C'mon y'all

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Re: Charger Chat

I've been using both a MacBook Pro charger at home away from the dock and this Anker charger to take on the go. Overkill for just the Switch but it can also charge said MBP as well as 4 other regular devices. Nothing has caught fire yet.

USB Type-C, Anker Premium 5-Port 60W USB Wall Charger PowerPort+ 5 USB-C with Power Delivery for Apple MacBook, Nexus 5X / 6P and PowerIQ for iPhone, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D8C6ULO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_2Z9ZRFpkGDVLs

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Did that guy come with an A to C cord? I've got the Anker power bank and apparently the converter cords that came with it are of the "do not use" type, or at least were some months ago.

No, I use a C-to-C cable I got separately; it's also Anker, the braided one

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

irlZaphod posted:

I think we're getting NEO Turf Masters this week.

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/844519040236204032

Unless that's only in Japan, but even then you can just buy it from the Japan eShop. The other ACA NeoGeo games have been released more or less simultaneously in all regions (except the initial batch were delayed by a week in NA for some reason).

Nice, this and Baseball Stars were the two NeoGeo games I actually wanted.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Music Theory posted:

Relinquishing your desire to hold on to your cool swords that you never use is the first step on the path to enlightenment.

Breath of the Wild broke me of my stockpiling ways and I Feel Free

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

BrownThunder posted:

Glad I waited to get a Pro Controller:

Fully sick

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

I didn't even know he was associated with it. All's well that ends well.

I did email them to see if I could Switch my reward/preorder from Steam (just did the same for Bloodstained) but haven't gotten an answer.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

People keep forgetting all the great new IP that came out on 3DS eShop like Pushmo and BoxBoy

Anyone found insulting my son BoxBoy will taste my steel

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Daruk is best and everyone else is awful.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Takoluka posted:

I think this is the issue I see with a lot of people. The characters generally sound like normal people. Like, a knight or a king isn't always going to "sound like a knight or a king," because "knight" and "king" have no specific sound or quality, outside of maybe vocabulary. Everyone in the game sounds like they could be just normal people talking to each other, and some players don't want that. They want overacting. They want them to sound "special," even if they're not sure what that means.

I would have like the deku tree to sound like a giant rear end ancient tree god instead of bored old guy

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Beastie posted:

Someone on Kotaku was making GBS threads on this one because it turns out the inside is made from cardboard. I don't care because for $15 it does the job.

Everything else out are ugly as gently caress black plastic monstrosities. I'll upgrade mine when there are more options this summer.

Yeah that's the one I have, it's not a Hard case but it's enough protection from other backpack items. The bad part is they stitched in a billion game slots instead of something useful like a second pocket for headphones/usb-c cable/etc.

Beastie posted:

My only problem with it is that the mesh catches the joystick if you're not careful.

That too, you have to pull pocket open first to get the system in and out. Pretty minor, but also a thing.

Chilled Milk fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 28, 2017

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I almost certainly would have never actually used it to play the games but if NES Classics weren't immediately and persistently scarce I probably would have gotten one anyway just to have a cute lil NES on the shelf.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Every time you emulate a Nintendo game one of their employees gets cancer

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

jivjov posted:

Hey, someone was asking to see my amiibo collection?

that's too many amiibos.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I wasnt going to buy Mario Kart again but then I saw the trade in values for 7 and 8 would cover it and it's not like I was ever going to go back to those

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Stan Taylor posted:

Also, now that we've actually played the game what do we think the dlc is gonna be. New map feature sounds like it could be a new collectible or type of structure to find, and a new dungeon sounds not great if it's gonna be essentially another Divine Beast. Those were by far my least favorite parts of the game. New game plus or hard mode sounds good as hell.

I liked the beasts just fine but they were not a substitute for a classic dungeon. The castle was the closest it came, in terms of complexity as well as feel, and above that still kept that BOTW exploration vibe with multiple paths and entrances. If it was another area like that I'd be happy.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The wolf won't hurt the korok. The korok says something whenever it's about to turn around. Just don't walk directly behind it. It's like the clan hideout, y'all overthink it

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Got excited that amazon has digital gane codes but you don't get the prime discount so what the fuc k

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ordered a shovel knight amiibo. Ftge

Thank you for not stealing

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Rexroom posted:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is coming next week already with new modes and characters, but how does it differ graphically from the Wii U version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=182R3oi4DP0

Besides the resolution bump, not much really.

The Wii U version looked insanely nice, especially in motion, so I'm okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The bone controller has the best d-pad of the current lot, low travel and clicky. They turned 180 from the 360 and walked away

• Locked thread