Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Norns posted:

Isn't Nocturne on the ps3 psn store as well?

Yes, but that's not Persona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Insult his hair, maybe it'll fix him.

Hey Josuke, your hair is way worse than every character in this game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Captain Baal posted:

You won't, he's using something closer to his normal voice

Is Dagda his normal voice?

Can Dagda please be his normal voice?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

epenthesis posted:

From what I've heard it's utterly unforgiving on a first playthrough. The guide I saw suggests rotating saves constantly.

Is there anything interesting for succeeding?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Arist posted:

Also play Nier shitlords

It's not out yet until tonight :colbert:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Chas McGill posted:

I'm debating buying a ps4 for this. I have an old PS3 lying around somewhere but it's missing a controller and I don't know how bad the graphics are on the PS3 version. Ugh!

PS3's fine. Your changes basically consist of slightly longer load times and less faceless people populating the city.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Saint Freak posted:

Swimsuits
4/25
FREE

Wait what. How.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Alder posted:

No, you get a school bag and cat plush though. What would a season pass for P5 be about anyways? DLC is all costumes.

Summer season, and Winter season, and, uh, Persona season, and SMT season...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Captain Baal posted:

A man of fine taste, but a Ryuji would be just as good

Swapping someone (Goro or Makoto, I guess) for Haru would be far superior.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Holy moley, just watching the Giant Bomb quick look of the first hour and twenty minutes, and how they set up the story was already wearing super thin by like the midway point of that; Every single person acting like a massive piece of poo poo and treating a teenage boy who punched a rapist in the face and saved a woman as some kind of hard-bitten criminal was driving me insane. I'm assuming there's a bunch of catharsis and vindication as things go on story-wise, or at least I hope so anyway.

Not that it's ultimately a bad thing, just an observation. Seems like a good excuse to act like a dickhead yourself with the dialogue choices.

Japan is dumb about many things. This is one of them. It's a side effect of their cultural dumbness.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Why are there things out in loving July.

Why is that even a thing.

I mean, it's great that it's free, but July?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tae posted:

90% of the female links are dateable.

You mean there's female links that aren't? Madness!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

HUMAN FISH posted:

If I set the date on the play station to 4.4 can I play today

Sure, why not!

No of course not

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Saint Freak posted:

Wow, dropping someone with an S+ AOA splash art for someone with like a C- one at best. Shameful.

He dropped Ann, not Morgana.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Come to think of it, just how much hair gel must Kawakami use to turn her ridiculously frizzy hair into those pigtails for her Confidant?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

Does doing laundry take time? I got a dirty shirt out of a chest but I don't want to waste a block if it's gonna be poo poo.

Pretty sure it does, but Rank 3 of Temperance lets you have them do it for you (They'll also make coffee). So just hold out a bit, I guess.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Moltrey posted:

The Persona 4 Extended Universe is dubious at best

also if you didn't name yourself The Gang⭐Stars you fake as hell

But I named myself Vento Aureo.

Also, Kanami was in Persona 4, too. Just... only mentioned. Like, twice. During Rise's S Link.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Meanwhile I went for the turbonerd reference and named my group Tantalus. :v:

I don't know that that's really more turbonerd than playing this series in the first place.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kalsco posted:

Question: I've never played Persona before. How concerned do I have to be with time management? Handling day phases, days, etc. ? Can I make this unwinnable, or, might I just have to restart at some point?

In the event that you somehow gently caress up bad enough that you hit your deadlines (which is hard in this game, since they remind you fairly regularly), Igor rewinds time a week for you, so not really.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

W.T. Fits posted:

For the Moon Confidant, does having a Persona of the corresponding Arcana help with ranking it up faster, or is it entirely based on your progress in fulfilling Requests?

It and Sun are apparently purely "1 rank 1 visit" deals.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hmm. How do I use Temperance's abilities? I called her when she was Rank 3, but there wasn't an option for the housekeeping or anything.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Crabtree posted:

So far all I do is bring Skull and Panther with the new whoever as the fourth for each dungeon. I rarely ever see the need to switch from that at the moment when the cat is just a healbot that sits out of most heists now.

Also gently caress throwing an item for that fatass Mafia nobody. I just smacked him off his little turd ball and took his machine gun bullets with a full on physical null. Eat it rear end in a top hat!

That was actually kind of entertaining for me.

"You should throw something to distract the guy!"

*looks at his party full of AoE physical attacks that last time this happened wrecked him in one turn*

Um. No.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Captain Oblivious posted:

I cannot get over Ann's knocked down pose. Really guys?

I have yet to see it. What is it?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Is Sojiro's S.Link just incredibly time consuming, in comparison to the other confidants, to raise or am I missing something? Hanging out with a Hierophant Persona only gives 2 points, he doesn't want any gifts, and he never appears in other events. C'mon old man :argh:

Just to make it even better, he's got like 3 gates, one of which is plot. Most other characters only have the level 8/9 Confidant mission gates, but this poo poo gates at 5 for plot, Max Kindness at 7, and then his confidant mission.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 8, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Electric Phantasm posted:

What security level should I be seeing treasure demons?

I always see them at 0%...

Largely because I basically never go above that except for the finale.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Jimbot posted:

How does Lockdown work? I've read the tutorial text like 10 times and I still don't know what the heck.

You lock them in and they learn resistance skills.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Motto posted:

MegaTen's pretty fond of feast-or-famine battle dynamics, though your options will open up and make things easier as you go.

e: Game over on MC death is a bit of a headscratcher after mainline dropped it though.

It's actually even more ridiculous, since in mainline they're your demons, and have no reason to stick around if you die. While in Persona, they're all your friends, and can't revive you because reasons.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
What does Surrounded mean, anyway? It keeps popping up in skills, but I still have no idea what it means.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dr Pepper posted:

When the enemy ambushes you

Oh.

Well, that's terrible.

I was thinking this Thermopylae skill might be neat, but apparently not with that being it's pre-req!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

FauxLeather posted:

Enjoying wandering around the densely packed underground walkways while repeating "FOCUS. I HAVE SOMETHING. I CAN FEEL IT. IT'S SOMEWHERE. I CAN SEE IT." to myself.

It'd be neat if they didn't go "I Have Something" for stealth spots. Cuz that's not "something". They're basically everywhere.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lord Ephraim posted:

Are weapons and armor completely pointless to buy again? I know this is a really redundant question to ask in Persona/SMT but it really needs to be asked again. The money sink is real.

Armor's good.

Not so much for armor as it's stat bonuses, mind.

Weapons are mostly eh, but the protagonist eventually gets a "steal on normal attack" ability that might make you feel like upgrading his weapon, I guess.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Capsaicin posted:

I know it doesn't play any plot relevance like in P4 (that i know of), but is there a way to see a weather forecast?

Doesn't seem to be, unfortunately.

Kind of annoying, really. I think there's a bunch of people on gamefaqs compiling a weather list, though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

bennyfranks posted:

Ugh I just tried to rush the Temperance social link and I got to rank 9 right before summer break, partly because you lose both weekends to exams and having to go to bed early to prepare for hanging out with your friends, and apparently you can't rank up with her again until after school is back in session--there goes my plan to hit rank 10 and save 3 nights from Futaba's palace.

I'm convinced the game is specifically calculated to do this to you.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Oh gently caress you game. If you have any request info that you haven't ID'd, you're not allowed into Mementos.

Even if getting the ID's requires multiple days of work.

I just want to solve Temperance's problem already, leave me alone!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

socialsecurity posted:

Is there a multitasking confidant? Like could I watch a dvd and make some tools at the same time maybe? Or read a book instead of intently staring at the washing machine for the entire day.

Temperance can make tools for you. Or Coffee, Curry, or Wash clothes.

Costs money, though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Capsaicin posted:

I just got access to Mementos. Is it worth it spending a day to just go in and do one quest? Cause it seems like we have the opportunity to do more than one if we get them available.

It's possible to do almost all quests in one run of Mementos.

The only reason you can't do them all in one is because some of them are gated behind other quests.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So this is technically spoilers, so I'll tag it, but I just want to know Does the game genuinely end in December, or does it continue past that, but you don't get to control anything of what's happening, like Persona 4?

Man, why don't they just let us do the full year? Golden got us part way there.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yusuke has a weird food thing, doesn't he

He's a starving artist.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hunt11 posted:

Is there a way to get pierce phys anymore?

The persona games don't really have piercing in general. They only have the breaks (And there's never been a physical break)

That said, there is a thing that lets you get pierce gun. It's a max confidant bonus, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Moltrey posted:

now imagine persona 5

but morgana is a small puppy dog

isn't that a much better game

No?

That's a much worse game, is that what you were going for?