Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
vancouver i'd really appreciate it if you'd win some loving hockey games to give the devils some breathing room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ThinkTank posted:

Oh don't worry, they're going to win 3 of their last 4 and managament will go on about how this is "the youth taking a step forward," "fostering a winning environment" and how they "have momentum going into next year" before they pick 8th.

Someone's gotta win that Vancouver/Phoenix tilt.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

JawKnee posted:

on the other hand, don't

Nucks have one game left against the Yotes, so I'd really appreciate it, Canucks, if you could lose out - and I'd really appreciate it, Yotes, if you could get at least one more point elsewhere

And devils, you know you can get at least one point against the Flyers in two matches, c'mon now

you say that and i raise you two wins in the last 20 games

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the last time the oilers were in the playoffs, their red-hot goaltender was obliterated by marc-andre bergeron and they lost the cup

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the last oilers playoff goal was scored by fernando pisani

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Powershift posted:

Jesus loving christ, oilers, what are you doing to Iiro Pakarinen

Where'd his smile go?
Where'd his hair go?
Where'd his color go?

He's only 25 years old :negative:

his hairline is already disturbingly thin in the first picture so he was always going to getzlaf

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Not getting a single point in eight straight is so difficult that not even Colorado managed to do it. Can't be mad at that kind of ineptitude.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
He wants to, anyway.

I'd take him back on the Devils in a hot minute but he needs to bring beautiful prospect Igor Rykov with him

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
if the canucks won one of their last eight games they'd be drafting 1st

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

my mistake

they actually only needed to get to overtime once

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

I didn't realize there was that much debate over Hischier vs. Patrick.

Hischier did look loving great at the WJC.

There's no consensus right now:

http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-hischier-in-tight-race-for-no-1-in-tsn-draft-ranking-1.736258

quote:

For TSN's Draft Lottery edition, five scouts ranked the 6-foot-2, 198-pound Patrick No. 1; five scouts ranked the 6-foot-1, 176-pound Hischier No. 1. The Swiss pivot has closed the gap with his dynamic play, which came at a time when Patrick's injury-riddled season was ended prematurely by an upper-body ailment that wasn’t related to the groin/abdominal issues that plagued him for the first half of the season.

In order to break the Nolan-Nico dead heat, TSN decided to survey another 10 scouts representing another 10 teams and – yup, you guessed it – five named Patrick as No. 1 and five put Hischier at No. 1.

Twenty NHL teams; another deadlock.

In order to break the tie, TSN surveyed three more scouts from three more teams. Patrick got two votes for No. 1; Hischier got one.

Advantage, ever so slightly (12-11), goes to Patrick.

the swiss boy is beautiful so i lean him

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The draft is dumb, unethical, and you're never getting rid of it.

There, I saved you guys some time.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Aphrodite posted:

I don't want Colorado to improve, and neither do any of you you concern trolls.

been on this brigade since 01 tbh

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Aphrodite posted:

I have confidence in the incompetence of those two teams.

Ben Lovejoy averaged 21 minutes a game this season

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ThinkTank posted:

Every time I think "man these HFboards trade proposals are moronic, who comes up with these?" I remind myself that in real life someone traded Joe Thornton for Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau and Marco Sturm.

26-year-old Ilya Kovalchuk was traded for Nicklas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya and AHL fodder

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I suspect Kovalchuk can still fetch a decent return. Not extravagant but you should be able to get at least one quality asset.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Matt Zerella posted:

My bad, I thought he was 36. I guess if we lose Grabner it's a need. But not one I'd give up Buch for.

that's fine. i will also accept skjei

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That's probably the worst series loss of the Lundqvist era, right? In terms of sheer "How did they gently caress that up?"

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
cujo should be in the hall of fame but the hall has stupid standards for goalies

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://streamable.com/c22jw

this is everything

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

tofes posted:

what a bad sport

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Phil Housley was a decent Devil for all of his 22 games with the team

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Koopa Kid posted:

I swear I will go to Yorkville tomorrow and push Lou in front of a bus

Lou won't be felled by simple tricks

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Rangers prospect pool is pretty dang barren and they've basically injected the last of their depth into the system with Buchnevich and Skjei. They're basically subsisting on college FAs at this point.

Their lineup is still young and good but there's no gamebreaking talents in the system, or guys who can fill the Jupiter-sized chasm in their backend. They also have a ton of guys that are due up for big paydays in the next two seasons, so they have some hard decisions to make.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Gio posted:

there's only so much you can do to make the regular season interesting. personally i think it'd be cool if the season were significantly shorter, but obviously that'll never happen because teams need to make money. i think it'd be cool though to have a 24 game season, one game a week.

imo

e: and yeah i know that opens the door to more lovely teams making the playoffs

great idea. we need more teams to play like ottawa during the regular season

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/869575692186472448

Get excited

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
hey

devils

bring scott stevens back

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
in more important news

https://twitter.com/bryzgoalie30/status/870753776109486080

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Considering the Devils are seasons away from contending I'm not sure what the Habs would have that's of any interest to them

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Suspicious posted:

Well Gainey traded McDonaugh for the privilege of taking Gomez's bloated contract, let's see how the Devils will fleece Bergevin. Patches for a bucket of pucks?

i will happily take sergachev

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

https://twitter.com/iNova_HD/status/872609273297207296

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Aye Doc posted:

jimmy murphy makes up poo poo about the NHL every day of his life

I've legitimately never seen any of his rumors come to fruition

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Matt Zerella posted:

That turd IncarceratedBob is apparently saying the Jets, Avs, and Wild are in on Stepan. Grain of salt.

let me erase that grain of salt for you

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/874859057999478785

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
If I make up 50 rumors based on insider speculation and one of them comes true then I can also claim to have "called trades"

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/PunjabiOil/status/875367157433020417

The Oilers are back, baby

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ThinkTank posted:

The Avs bought out Francois Beauchemin. Apparently he's still playing?

I felt this way when I saw J-M Liles playing for Boston last postseason

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So, the trade is essentially Drouin for Sergachev straight up.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

I got a Niklas Bergfors jersey for Christmas in 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

• Locked thread