Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Elyv posted:

Early templating was so sloppy. Compare these two cards from Alpha

totally reasonable to think they had different effects, so they decided to clear it up in Revised

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

this rules

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Does standard merfolk have enough wizards for the counterspell?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Love the new art on this & Goblin Welder in the duel deck

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Retromancer posted:

Someone pointed out that naru meha combos infinitely with acrobatic maneuvers to let you draw your entire deck. What you’re supposed to do with this is beyond me.

lol

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
in that case Ghostly Flicker + Naru Meha is an infinite mana combo for 4UUU in modern

e: Sunscorched Desert & Radiant Fountain for incidental wincons, Vendilion Clique lets you dig for anything
e2: Also Whir for 0 gets Lotus Bloom if anyone wants to make this dumb deck

myDad fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 13, 2018

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I might make a bad deck out of this with Whir in modern

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Sickening posted:

7 mana combos are in every set right?

:smaug:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I've gotten a T2 win on Affinity in the mirror (Inkmoth is no joke)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

You fuckin mellineals are a joke.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Cactrot posted:

Call it… mud moon.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Clue Moon

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

mcmagic posted:

So I'm 5-2 at Hartford today playing for day 2. My opponent is at 4. I play a human to trigger my champion to 4/4. He cracks his fetch and starts looking through his deck shocked that he doesn't have any Mountains left to get and not have to shock himself. So he calls a judge and says he had 3 mountains on his decklist but only 2 in his actual deck, the third mountain was a Stomping Grounds instead. After like 15 mins the, the judges let him walk over to the draft tables, grab a mountain and put in his deck instead of the Stomping Grounds and lets him fetch it to bolt my Champion. He was dead on board at 1, he won the game cause he only had to go to 3. WTF.

holy poo poo

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Stop playing single games and only play matches?

If you’re trying to improve, yeah. Single games are where I sling uninteractive decks that fold to specific hate.

I think there’s a player by the name mvs1000 that plays eggs in single games lol

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Cactrot posted:

How broken would this actually be?

My first thought is dredge getting free Iona & Elesh Norn, but there's probably worse things

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Paradoxical Moxen when??

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Maarak posted:

What's the unfair way to build it, as I've been getting hosed at the FLGS.

Throw in anything that affects the number of counters and/or tokens, all undying creatures, anything that turns creatures into mana or mana into creatures, etc. You can play out your hand & end up with a game-winning combo more than half the time.

e: For example, Geralf's Messenger and Ashnod's Altar turns into an infinite mana, infinite saprolings, infinite power, infinite targeted life loss combo with Ghave.

myDad fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 16, 2018

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

little munchkin posted:

*mark rosewater voice* our hands are tied, actually

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Goblin Warchief would allow a t3 Lightning Crafter combo (on the draw)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

Where Skirk Prospector does have some potential is with Fecundity in a Goblin storm style deck.

Are there other Fecundity effects in modern? Smothering Abomination is a decent imitation (Grim Haruspex doesn't draw off tokens), but it costs 2BB. I guess the cost isn't a big deal in a deck that can run Manamorphose (and maybe Goblin Electromancer for turning Dragon Fodder/Krenko's Command/Hordeling Outburst into rituals).

Seems awful far away from any kind of consistency, but maybe it's possible to go RBg and use some Viscera Seers as additional sac outlets to draw into Prospector with 8 Fecundity effects. :shrug:

Skirk Prospector & Mogg War Marshal is insane and with a little bit of storm Empty the Warrens becomes ridiculous. Claim//Fame might have a place to reuse MWM or get back a Prospector as there are not enough goblin rituals.

myDad fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 17, 2018

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
On a mull to 5..

it'd be better if Smothering Abomination was 3B or something :shrug:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

Going off that early relies on your war marshals all being near the top of the deck, right?

Starting hand was like 2 War Marshals 1 Viscera 1 Skirk 1 land, drew a land then Fecundity

e: Okay it's pretty consistent t3/t4

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Commune with the Gods is probably better than Viscera

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Goblin Grenade, but it’s a tribal goblin sorcery

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Also for some reason 1v1 commander has life totals of 40 & multiplayer has life totals of 30. Didn't see that in the notes. :haw:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Infernal Plunge is good, Goblin Grenade is good. Sometimes you just win with a huge Empty the Warrens after emptying your hand!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I think some amount of rituals is good if you're all-in. There are times where I was chaining together the 2 mana token spells but Hordeling Outburst & Empty the Warrens would get stuck in my hand because I couldn't find Mogg War Marshal to gain mana. Rituals let me win a game with a 1 land hand by going t1 Bushwhacker -> t2 Plunge Ritual Skirk Mogg Manamorphose land Empty Empty for 23 tokens

The Dirty Kitty deck looks cool, but seems like a different beast (and I can't really say much about tuning it).

e: In the above scenario I used Desperate Ritual because I have a few on MTGO and just 1 Plunge, but Plunge would have substituted fine by playing Mogg first

myDad fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 20, 2018

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

anglachel posted:

Metallic Mimic along with Murderous Redcap Skirk Prospector gives a hypothetical goblin deck an infinite damage combo. And your1 of Redcap can be tutored for with Harbinger. And Mimic isn't terrible in the goblin storm deck

Empty the Warrens & Goblin Bushwhacker already end up doing close to 1000 damage :v:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I wish there was a 1/1 goblin that made a token when it died for R

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

owns

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

sit on my Facebook posted:

Not only is lands in back a good thing, they should standardize zone locations for competitive as well. Deck on right/left, graveyard underneath, exile to the side, enchantments and artifacts in similar position... let's get prescripivist in this bitch. At the very least let's mandate that exile is not just sideways graveyard. Fuckin hate that.

What if you're playing Dredge?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Unban Grave-Troll!! (again)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Coming from World of Tanks

haha yikes

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

There is a lot of debate right now about how much support Karn has to have to be good. No one has the testing to be sure if he needs other artifacts or if the +1 and -1 are good enough on their own as a draw engine. And if he does, how much he needs - is a playset of Walking Ballista enough? Treasure Map? Or does there need to be a dedicated artifact theme.

That said, he's going to be at least fine in any sort of not-super-tuned midrange pile. He's probably not the greatest as a curve topper in aggro decks, unless there is a major artifact theme.

May be primo sideboard for mardu vehicles

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’m at half mast looking at that Bolas reanimator

hmm that sounds familiar...

Owlbear Camus posted:

So uh....
Some Cheap Legendary Creature + Champion of Wits + Dump Nicol Bolas God Pharoah then cheat him in with Yawgmoths? :black101:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
the powerstone shard deck :eyepop:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Monored seems like a tide of mtg :shrug: it's dominant every now and again by its nature of aggression