Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Huh I thought Islam was a religion of peace ? Checkmate libcucks :smugdog:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/866711448411570176

This is the kind of poo poo that actually deserves to be ridiculed as a false flag.

"Yeah I was totally all about the White Race but then I converted to Islam and just got overtaken by Muhammad's Murderous Spirit because my White Power buddies didn't agree with me."

Chilichimp posted:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/867095032851038209

:siren::siren::siren: The GOP has finally arrived at what caused Benghazi :siren::siren::siren:

And it was with a mind at prevention... When push comes to shove, was it ensuring Secretary Tillerson had operational control of embassies? No... it was arguing not to slash the budget of the State Department.

They always knew, they just weren't going to admit it last year for obvious reasons.

The man plants himself like a redwood tree and makes Trump move for him when Trump realizes he can't budge the guy at all. :laffo:

Put that in the OP please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chilichimp posted:

Realtalk: this post is dumb as poo poo.

Let's be honest, her Trump Tax Returns thing was dumb as hell and she hyped up something that she knew was meaningless.

evilweasel posted:

two fun facts that you might not be aware of:

1) a business cannot plead the 5th
2) michael flynn, traitor, owns a business that he likely conducted his treason through

do you know who else knows these fun facts?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/867121312858353664

http://i.imgur.com/gyIB8T1.mp4

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kammat posted:

Christ, Medicaid is completely gutted. The medical option for the poor is gonna be straight up euthanasia only at this rate.

They should at least strive to take a rich rear end in a top hat or 3 with them.

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/867479735915466752

lol it's going to jack premiums 20% next year compared to existing law

Just in time for the midterm elections to get underway! :gop:

axeil posted:

:laffo: there are only 2 somewhat at risk GOP Senators up in 2018. This will fly through and poor people will all be handed a gun with a single bullet when they next go to the doctor.

If the GOP can't do better in the midterms than they're doing right now in special elections any Senator who doesn't regularly win by 20+ points is at risk next year.

The GOP needs to be destroyed, completely and utterly.

USA Today showing Fox News the proper way to do propaganda and spin. :eyepoop:

mcmagic posted:

Gianforte also donated money to white nationalist groups.

That isn't going to be a negative to his voters in Montana.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

True, need to diversify my investments that are a precursor to the coming purge.

I suggest torches and pitchforks. Guillotine futures are also unique in that it's good when they go up and even better when they come down. :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

loving disgusting. I should have slugged him in the face when I was working in Congress. :mad:

Unless you punch hard enough to crush a human skull it wouldn't have been worth it.

glowing-fish posted:

Sorry, Binghamton, New York, Toledo, Ohio, and Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I am not an expert on the East Coast, the only one of those cities I've been to is Toledo.

With your classification of 'east coast' yes, I'm from the east coast. :v:

RandomBlue posted:

Exactly why were they allowed to add all that poo poo when dems didn't need their votes? Stupidity?

If the question is "are Democrats that stupid?" the answer is always yes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Excuse me that is clearly a molehill.

Zil posted:

That would be an interesting case for the ACLU to defend. Does a states executive branch pardon overrule a federal judicial order?

States can't pardon federal matters just like POTUS can't pardon state level crimes.

The real answer is ICE is going to do literally anything it wants and there is nothing you can do to stop them because they'll just ignore court orders until someone's out of the country and at that point whoops oh well gently caress you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

I'm giggling like crazy that Gianforte just assaulted a journalist. Like, politicians literally attacking the press is a great step toward fascism, but in the moment I can't stop laughing.

Edit: my god, if he got arrested for assault on election night. . .

Hey guys almost 600 posts in an hour or so what h-:stare:

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Hey guys gonna be passing through Montana, any recommendations on the best place to get some wicked fresh ceviche?

Whatever you do just make sure to avoid the tourist traps associated with those Gulf Coast states.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/gyIB8T1.gifv

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Hang that rear end in a top hat Sheriff next to Gianfonte.

DC Murderverse posted:

oh my god how can you gently caress up this bad?

also, what happens when this guy wins tomorrow and gets arrested for assault at his victory party?

He will never be arrested if he wins, and he'll probably still win because our country is just that hosed up.

The top story on every evening news show in Montana needs to be the assault with a mention that Gianfonte hasn't been taken in for questioning or arrested despite eye-witness accounts of the assault, and then just mention that this lack of action and the fact that the Sheriff is a Gianfonte donor is probably a coincidence.

highme posted:

He didn't body slam him, he was just trying to throw him into the ocean but came up short.

"From sea to shining sea" makes a lot of sense when you consider Montana is part of both the east and west coast of the United States.

ReidRansom posted:

Jesus.

Like, I don't see how that doesn't get prosecuted, even if the sheriff is a donor. And if he wins, I'd hope (but don't necessarily trust) the House refuses to seat him.

The House isn't going to refuse to seat a Republican winner. They'd sooner impeach and charge the entire Trump administration.

The Glumslinger posted:

Apparently, we're up to 7 now

USAA dropped him in a reply to that tweet. It's just amazing.

Spiffster posted:

Should that gif just be put in the OP at this point as a Status of the news?

Probably.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Caros posted:

Oh no! We've lost one of our 47 seat majority. How ever will we continue to completely fail to govern without it?

Losing the seat doesn't matter except to the narrative. If this was a senate seat, gently caress yeah, go to town, but this is a special election amidst a heavy republican majority in the house. The seat is going to be up again in 2018, which is the only point control of it will actually matter, and all the win now accomplishes is the benefit of incumbency which may or may not matter down the line.

I'm not expecting republicans to act selflessly by changing course on healthcare, The goal was to put the fear of loving god into them by having them lose a seat they shouldn't be losing. The fact that they can rationalize this loss as "That dumb gently caress" means it will weigh less heavily when it comes time to vote on reconciliation.

If you honestly don't believe that public opinion matters, then I assume you also feel the town hall barrage is pointless? Because public opinion and the risk to their seats was the only thing that kept these assholes from going to town on the ACA on day one.

If the GOP loses a special election that they should've won simply by remembering to run a candidate they are going to be loving terrified of what 2018 brings. Also, unseating an incumbent Quist in 2018 is going to be even harder, especially if 2018 ends up being a blue tidal wave due to the GOP spending the next 18 months reminding the nation of why everyone should hate them.

Same goes for GA-06. Ossof winning it would be huge even if holding it in 2018 will be hard (and holding it in non-Dem wave elections will be nearly impossible) because it is going to be like a knife to the gut of the GOP.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Whatever amended bill the Senate passes will have to be voted on again in the House, where the AHCA passed by exactly 1 vote after a delicate balancing act between Republicans who thought it was too evil versus Republicans who didn't think it was evil enough.

One seat is actually a very big deal here, especially this one because Rep Gianforte would be an unprincipled rubber-stamp yea for whatever the Republican leadership poo poo out to the floor. Another Dem vote means the Republicans will have to find another vote to overcome Quist without losing a single Tea Party or moderate vote from before.

And if Quist wins, the GOP has to convince literally dozens of GOP Congressmen in districts far less red than Montana that voting for the AHCA isn't going to be the end of their careers in Congress (or if it is, there's a cushy job waiting for them after getting voted out).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Every picture of Francis from the Trump visit has been a look of "God must be testing me, I have to endure this trial."

I like how Merkel and others are all laughing because they know about Trump's dumb handshake and how Macron just isn't having any of it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Chard posted:

Anyone surprised that the GOP is still backing The Slam King Of Montana has obviously not been paying attention.

I thought it was funny when some people ITT last night actually thought the GOP would refuse to seat him if he wins. He couldn't murdered Jacobs and the GOP would still seat him.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but how often is that happening? Are there roving bands of wild hogs terrorizing small frontier towns in Texas?

Nah, Georgia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogzilla

Sure, an 800lbs demon pig with two foot long tusks isn't normal but I sure as poo poo wouldn't want to encounter a boar even a third that size unless I'm doing so from about 20ft up in a tree that it can't knock over, and I have a high powered rifle.

Boars are loving dangerous and I'd rather come across most kinds of bears than a boar while out in the woods, let alone places where their numbers are enough to be an actual menace.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Dude's probably gonna lose but what's important is the amount he loses by. A single-digit loss is still bad news for GOP

The GOP has almost 18 months to gut voting rights nationwide for the midterms and as long as they can look even half-competent for 1-2 weeks before the election they'll probably save countless races.

It's nice to think "well these races were close" but the 10+ point swing needs to exist in 18 months and even 18 days is a long time for people who don't closely follow politics.

STAC Goat posted:

No, he's making GBS threads up the thread BECAUSE of it. Because he's a troll and not a good faith poster. He wouldn't be here posting if Quist was winning. He's here for the loss.

So report his stupid bullshit and maybe the mods will eventually ban him after he keeps eating probations?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

axeil posted:

Ossoff winning in a shocking landslide will be the final thing we've been building to since KS-03.

I still have a bad feeling the GOP is going to manage to win that election in the end, even with Ossoff apparently ahead in some polls lately. The Democrats have to keep the anger at the GOP going and not lose people to outrage fatigue if they have any hopes of pushing a possible 10 point swing in to mattering 18 months from now. 18 months is an eternity for politics and if the GOP can look to be only mildly incompetent and evil, or just really good at getting out the "we're making those people suffer" then they'll make gains in the Senate and maybe keep the House next yet (though probably not). If the Dems don't put a ton of resources in to sweeping State-level races they're just going to get hosed even further via Gerrymandering. Win big in the states, undo as much Gerrymandering as possible ans start passing state level law/amendment stuff to redistrict the way California does and they'll make gains in the House just from that. Add in a ton of expanded voting rights as well as mail in voting to drive up turn out and that can help take back Senate seats too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Hillary should of decked a reporter

Unironically this. Hillary laying out Chris Cilliza would've at least meant he wouldn't be writing more EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS poo poo until he woke up.

It's gonna be awesome once Sinclair owns 80% or so of all local broadcasting since they're ramping up their acqusitions and tens of millions of voters will never see anything negative about conservatives and everything negative about their opponents prior to elections. They're easily as evil as Fox News, if not moreso, but much better at not coming across as blatantly in the tank for the GOP.

Pakled posted:

Well, I wouldn't say Georgia is "looking good" as in Ossoff has an advantage. It's a dead heat right now.

Ossoff is going to lose. The next several weeks will have the full focus of the GOP turned to that race now that Montana's over and as good as Ossoff is doing the fact remains that the area is a very red district (R+8, over 70% white) in a state whose government will run interference for the GOP without hesitation. Considering Gianfonte would've liked won with over a 10% margin of victory had it only been a two person race, Georgia's turnout from Dems would need to blow Montana (and Kansas) out of the water.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

People still watch local news?!?

I mean, hell, olds, but I'm old and to me Sinclair sounds like a plot to set up a conservative rotary phone network

Local news viewership blows cable news viewership out of the water and local news is seen as extremely trustworthy compared to cable news. Sinclair being a near/total monopoly on local news coverage can easily cause a several point shift in elections just through its skewed coverage.

Office Pig posted:

Oh look, the polling places in Fulton have been shaken up.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/fulton-changes-district-poll-spots-after-unforeseen-circumstances/kU9onYZzOOPXFCqw1kKGoM/

Who could have ever expected this.

Oh hey, the state government is running interference. What a shock.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

FCC or not, can't people sue against this poo poo because it's a blatant monopoly?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know. The current governor of Massachusetts comes pretty close.

You think Governor Romney wasn't as right wing as POTUS Candidate Romney, don't you?

GOP governors in NA are 'moderate' because the Dems control the legislature. Give the GOP control over the legislature as well and this guy would turn in to the same kind of monster McCrory and other 'moderates' have.

"We don't know who demolished these statues in the dead of night but they're ruined now so we're just going to have to clean up the rubble and replace them I guess. :shrug:"

Not that I'm suggesting people with access to the means should carry out such acts against symbols of treason and slavery.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'd bet a lot of these loving things are on 24/7 surveillance

On further review it looks like this law doesn't prohibit modifying the monuments, so maybe they could be updated to properly describe the Confederates as the traitors and slavers they were.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Question: is it true that part of the nato treaty states states should spend 2% of GDP on their military?

If so, while Trump is not being very diplomatic, isn't it valid to complain they are not meeting their obligations?

It's absolutely valid to complain that an ally isn't meeting their obligations, but throwing a tantrum in public like a child isn't going to make said allies take you any more seriously.

Ekster posted:

Zuckerberg will get choke slammed by The Rock who will go on to win the presidency.

Does this mean that Gianfonte will be The Rock's running mate?

Also holy poo poo gently caress every last one of you who think Zuckerberg should be allowed to hold an elected office of any kind. He's a billionaire SV techbro. Nothing about him or his behavior is progressive you idiots. If he could flood the tech sector with cheap foreign labor to crash the wages for those jobs he'd do it without hesitation.

Yeah I'm sure Donald motherfucking Trump is going to be ok with having to have a lawyer greenlight his posts on Twitter.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

citybeatnik posted:

They have until 2024 to get their spending up to that amount. Trump pissing off our allies by rambling on about them not paying their fare share is literally premature and a problem that's set to correct itself.

So what you're saying is that when the allies meet their obligations we get to hear Republicans crow about how Trump made them do it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

Honestly, if Zuckerberg was the founder and CEO of a successful company in a high-tech field like green energy, computer hardware, nanotech, or robotics, I would at least pay attention to what he is saying.

Facebook though? gently caress Facebook, and gently caress Zuckerberg for it. The whole thing is an incredibly creepy and invasive information gathering apparatus the likes of which any authoritarian/fascist leader would loooove to have control over. And I don't trust Zuckerberg to not have such tendencies.

Don't forget that Zuckerberg is notoriously secretive and protective of his own privacy while also wanting everyone else's lives to be like an open (check)book for him to exploit.

Crain posted:

Is there literally anything legally that can be done if it fully comes out, proven with hard evidence, that the GOP has colluded at the highest levels with Russia to undermine America?

I mean short of a civil war.

John McCain will take drastic steps and announce that he is more deeply concerned than ever.

But no, unless the GOP turns on Trump or enough of the GOP turns on Trump and the rest of the party to side with Democrats in ousting people, nothing can be done about this.

Spiffster posted:

Again unless heads start to roll this leads to nothing. I want to see some political heads roll for once and careers to end

Same, only I want it to be literal head rolling. If a bunch of people are caught dead to rights on having worked with Russia to undermine US elections for their own gains then they need to pay the ultimate price for their actions. This won't happen because at this point it'd include almost the entire leadership of the GOP.

The only way I'd vote for Zuckerberg is if he uses his billions to make this happen. Even then I'd be voting for almost anyone else in the primary.

Lote posted:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His father actually went to jail for illegal campaign contributions. In 2005. :lol:

The father's cover up of it is what landed him in jail.

And Chris Christie being the one to prosecute his dad is why Kushner immediately had Christie pushed out of the transition team when Trump won.

In the Maximum Vengeance Timeline, Mueller calls up Chris Christie and offers him a spot on the team that prosecutes Jared Kushner. There's not much I'd trust about Chris Christie, but getting revenge at all costs is definitely at the top of the list.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Franks Happy Place posted:

Do you think whoever is leaking this poo poo is going to stop until Trump is stopped?

More importantly: do you think the loving Russian ambassador's phonecalls to Moscow is the only good poo poo these Deep State leviathans have access to? If you're leaking that stuff it almost certainly means the NSA is involved, which pretty much means they have access to every dirty deed these idiots have ever done.

Normally a leak like that would be a shot across the bow, but Trump is too Trump to ever stop doing whatever he wants. So I predict this eventually ends with an itemized list of every rentboy Jeff Sessions has employed being posted to the US Parks Service website by Bizzaro Snowden 2.0.

Let's put this another way:

Trump has pissed on the FBI repeatedly in just the last few months, and he's probably been on their radar for years/decades due to his wealth and prominence.

The FBI had a 17,000 page file on MLK jr that they put together over several years. The FBI would've been collecting info on Trump for decades and as soon as he first mentioned running for office years ago that would've ramped up. As soon as he actually filed to run for POTUS he'd have become a high, if not top, priority. If the FBI doesn't have a several thousand page file on Trump just from when he started running for POTUS I'd be amazed. They collect everything and toss in the NSA/CIA or other agencies and there's very little about Trump and his activities they won't know or have the information to get them started on digging up.

PhazonLink posted:

On a similar note.

When W was thought to be the smarter Bush bro.

After last year's primary season I'd say he is still the smarter of the two. As dumb as he was he could at least pretend to be a folksy idiot at times and not just an unfiltered moron like JEB!?!?! was.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ice Phisherman posted:

At some point they'll hit a critical unsustainable point.

And at that point, Hispanics become 'white people' like the Irish did. If they can pull off even marginal success in that then demographic concerns will be nullified for decades.

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yes, but Trump is a rich white conservative guy. MLK ... wasn't.

Trump is a rich white guy who for years has had to rely on foreign investment for his business dealings. The IC won't give that the same amount of scrutiny as a major civil rights figure but they'd absolutely be keeping tabs on it, and when he announced his candidacy he'd be a very high priority for them to dig in to. If they don't have thousands of pages of info on Trump (and thousands more on the rest of his hosed up family) I'd be truly amazed. They have hundreds of pages even on small time cult leaders most people have never heard of. They're going to have tons on actual people who matter because it's their job to do so.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Calaveron posted:

So what exactly is Kislyak's role in government and why has everyone in the gop had what appears to be disturbingly regular contact with him

He's their top spymaster and recruiter Ambassador to the US so clearly there's lots of really good and legit reasons to speak with him and forget/omit those meetings when legally required to disclose them.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Do you really think that in the current conservative climate that you can marry white nationalism with the Latino vote? They do share some social issues but their view on economics are wildly different. Whites won't accept them without jettisoning a significant number of white supremacists. It'll take years. It won't happen overnight.

It's not like "the Irish are white people and not negroid monsters" is something that WASPs just all accepted immediately either. Yes it'd take years but it'd also allow a lot of awful and "I'm not racist, but" Hispanics to embrace the GOP when they otherwise wouldn't. I mean you already see the foundation for it with native born hispanic citizens who see immigrants and refugees as subhuman scum. Or the whitewashing that some people attempted for Zimmerman when he murdered Treyvon Martin.

The main reason it likely won't happen soon (if ever) is because the last decade or so has seen conservative racism towards Hispanics skyrocket, and Trump's only accelerated it even more. That doesn't mean it's impossible and sooner or later that push will happen. The GOP just needs the right face(s) for it. Like if Rubio wasn't a hopeless moron he'd have been a prime candidate for that push.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Puerto Rico kinda doesn't have a choice at this point; they do not have the money to continue their current territorial status.

Part of the getting screwed so badly and put in to their current position is because they aren't a state, either.

Having PR become a state under Trump will be a disaster because they won't get the help that they need, and even under a POTUS that will help PR it still is going to take a ton of money and work to get things fixed there. That said, PR needs to be the 51st state (DC's population can be split among VA/MD they shouldn't be a state :colbert:) and we need to get them fixed up. It's just going to be impossible to do so without a bunch of corporations digging in their claws because that location is prime for tourism and a few other things (but mainly tourism).

If only we knew what set off these lone wolf attackers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dexo posted:

Better question is, Why the gently caress is Newt still alive. Because holy poo poo.

Newt nothing, if Hillary was a murder-tastic person like the Right claim she is then Rush Limbaugh would've died the most horrific death possible back in the 90s (and the world would've been a better place for it).

Newt's a shithead, but it'd take a lot for him to top Rush "lol ur teenage daughter is an ugly bitch dog" Limbaugh.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You guys spent 2 entire pages arguing with this guy, who has a rap sheet a mile long for being idiotic and a troll for years.

At this point it's pretty well established that most goons are idiot moths attracted to the troll flame.

Deadulus posted:

This is weird as poo poo.

Where are their normal readers going? Are they actually going to MSM to read about trump because Breitbart et al won't cover it? Or are they just skipping the news? I know a lot of RWM types and they loving hate anything going outside their bubble.

They're probably going to Infowars and other further/crazier right wing outlets.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I actually bet the white house has some panic room that can't be opened by from the outside. Since if there was intruders they could just doom II their way to stealing a keycard and getting in. It would be amazing if the trump administration just ended with him being impeached and locking himself in a room no one can get him to come out like the ending of mother 3.

I'm pretty sure there are multiple locations like this in the WH.

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm more curious how the infowars crowd turns out. It's amazing seeing Jones go on and on about how the Feds are now good.

All those FEMA camps are actually like summer camps, you know with arts and crafts, not murder and mass graves! :beck:

Groovelord Neato posted:

mcmaster wrote an entire goddamn book about how military commanders hosed the american people and their own soldiers by not being vocal about what a bad idea vietnam was. how does he not realize he's going to be looked upon the same way by history.

Given how much respect people have for him I kinda want to believe he's fully aware of this and has adopted a "gently caress what people think of me I'll set myself on fire to keep this administration from destroying the US."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Niton posted:

McMaster is the one who debases himself over a lovely, unacceptable politician.
Mcmagic is the one who hates Joe Manchin.

:thunk:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Best/worst Trump supporter quote?

Edit: another good one.

The glory days of US Steel being one of the largest companies in the world. When Pittsburgh's steel mills still ran at full speed and the city's air and landscape made Beijing and Shanghai's look like the beautiful mountains of Montana that overlook the east coast of the US.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Lightning Lord posted:

Isn't US Steel still a massively huge company, despite all the 80s downsizing?

30-40000 employees, IIRC, so it's pretty big but not some several hundred thousand employee behemoth.

I don't know who will be POTUS after Trump but I pray to god it's a political prodigy because they're going to have so much work to do unfucking our foreign relations and image in general.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zwabu posted:

Refresh me on this:

Don Jr. is the one that looks like a ferret, and the other son is the one that kind of looks like a cross between a possum and that guy Odo from Deep Space Nine, right?

Don jr is the American Psycho cosplayer and Eric is Gary Busey's bastard son.

And what the gently caress did Odo ever do you you to deserve that comparison? :mad:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Something I've noticed - r/the_donald seems to have disappeared off the front page of reddit entirely since they went private/came back. I think they've finally lost their momentum from a combination of that event and the constant undeniable bad news about the administration.

Pretty sure the reddit admins manually blocked them from the front page due mainly/entirely to the fact that the bots in that subreddit just made it take over the front page non-stop.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Do you think this Russia stuff is ruining the lives of Jared Kushner (and in turn Ivanka) and Donald Trump? How about Pence? I hope they're absolutely miserable all the time.

No. Unless members of the administration are put in prison for decades (or executed), and their assets seized, they aren't going to be ruined by this. The Democrats aren't going to get super majorities in both chambers of Congress any time soon and even if they take both chambers and we get a liberal POTUS in 2020 there's no loving way said POTUS is going to go after them if for no other reason than the POTUS would be too busy trying to unfuck all the damage the GOP has been causing.

As long as the GOP holds either/both chambers of Congress nothing will happen because they absolutely can and will bury things that need it, and dance around the poo poo they can't until people get bored.

Low Desert Punk posted:

remember when fyad was funny

i don't

The only thing worse than FYAD was LF.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

I doubt someone punching him once would have stopped the Nazi murderer in Portland.

Most people drop like a sack of potatoes if they get blindsided by someone with even average strength. Though if someone had cold-cocked the Nazi I'm sure they'd have been charged with assault even though beating the poo poo out of Nazis should earn you a cash prize.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It seems like the Murdoch kids are deliberately trying to moderate the networks' image

They don't share any loyalties with guys like Ailes (who they hated) or O'Reilly and not many people are going to go to bad for sexual predators and wife beaters who they don't like in the first place.

Crain posted:

I mean, they already call for veiled acts of violence.

So if they go any further it'll be explicitly calling for murder.

And as much as "lol nothing matters" is a thing, that's still pretty illegal.

The right wing media is directly responsible for the murder of people like George Tiller and nothing happened to them for it.

RuanGacho posted:

Apparently that's a joint suit by Vilerats mom and another parent just being idiots.

I know it's been said that Vilerat's mom was an unhinged far right person even before his death, but it's still hosed up just how much the GOP used her.

707"]
It seems like a major flaw in our system that signing a treaty requires the legislature to approve but breaking one doesn't.

Or is this even a treaty?
[/quote]

The process to quit the Paris accords takes something like 4 years and can be stopped during that process IIRC. In other words: if Trump started trying to bail on the accords he'd have to win reelection in order to see it through. The US bailing on the accords won't stop China and others from pushing ahead with it and will only erode the US's position as the world leader that much faster. China would be beside itself with joy if Trump kills US participation in this. The real damage is him trying to electro-shock a dying coal industry via taxpayer bailouts when the entire coal sector needs to be allowed to die and the coal region needs to be heavily invested in for new uses. Setup a bunch of wind farms in West Virginia or something and then hire&train ex-miners to maintain their operation. Climbing a 200ft tall ladder is going to be hell to most people at first but ending up with legs of steel and lots of time outside is infinitely better than being in coal mines getting Black Lung.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Kushner really has no qualifications whatsoever does he. When was the last time nepotism was so baldly overt? Bobby Kennedy at least passed the bar before becoming AG.

Bush v. Gore

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

People that are still fussing over that conspiracy should be jailed

Vilerat's mom unironically needs to be committed to an asylum, yes. So do a few (million) other crazy right wingers though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Reminder for people arguing with Paracaidas, in the states Trump managed to take in a close call (WI/MI/PA, NC to an extent) hundreds of thousands of people were kept from voting due to targeted suppression by the GOP, including asking for photo ID and turning away people who didn't have it when they didn't need it (like in PA). That doesn't include the general confusion caused by the laws and the lawsuits against them, which as far as the GOP is concerned is a feature and not a bug.

I want to get off Mr. Trump's wild ride.

Wang_Tang posted:

The newest hot take regarding the Portland attacker goes even deeper...

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/868674921882308609

I wish people like MikeC were rounded up and dumped in to a mass grave in the desert. The world would unironically be a better place if him and his ilk disappeared.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

rkajdi posted:

There's more than just that. Abe wants a real military (not an SDF) and to be allowed to have nuclear weapons. Dude is legit scary, and a lot of people in the US are blind to it because he acts modestly like he's in our corner against China.

He is "in our corner" mainly because he wants us to go to war with China and destroy them (and ourselves) so that glorious nippon can assume the mantle of world leader. :japan:

Julio Cruz posted:

Not to mention what happens if a couple of cell towers in Detroit or Cleveland "coincidentally" go offline on Election Day.

That's too obvious, a more simplistic thing would be for some of the numerous human garbage police officers with access to Stingrays finding a way to use them to harvest and modify any votes that happen to pass through them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Wasn't there a "Presidential Fitness Test" or something like it that they made kids take in elementary or middle schools? Shouldn't presidents be fit as hell? I mean, Obama looked really worn-out by the time he left the White House, but I bet you that, after 4 months of leaving his old post, the guy can still play some b-ball. Meanwhile, Trump can't be assed to walk a 640 meter distance.

It was popular back in the late 80s/early 90s, Bush Sr had Schwarzenegger as the spokesman(?) for it. I don't recall it being a thing in to the late 90s/early 00s but my school district still had it and required things like running a mile in under 7 minutes and doing 40 pushups in a minute.

If Trump can do a single pushup right now, or even walk a mile in under an hour without collapsing and gasping for air, I'd be surprised.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

That's why I said what I said. :ssh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Unormal posted:

Can someone tell me why carry-on laptops can explode but checked laptops can't?

Hard to have checked laptops explode on a plane when baggage handlers are busy stealing them. :eng101:

Aurubin posted:

This'll end like Gaddafi, not so much in the assassination via sodomy, but a crazed leader believing their own bullshit .

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/868996867660673024

At the very least, Trump picking a fight with the IC has been showing why you do.not.gently caress.with.your.intelligence.gathering.agencies.

Internet Kraken posted:

Every time I see this map I wonder what a polar parasite is.

If there was a TV show called "Kangarat Murder Society" I'd watch it. It'd probably work out perfectly as a low budget Scifi channel series.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rinkles posted:

That was a disgusting, petty insult. This is a national tragedy.

A hate crime is not going to be considered a national tragedy. Especially by Trump in this case unless he tries to play up the "well this guy supported Bernie so clearly he's an alt-left radical" thing that right wingers have tried tossing around.

VitalSigns posted:

Texas would immediately fail as an independent state, because although in theory we send about as much to the federal government as we get back on average, in practice Texas would never tax appropriately and become a corrupt bankrupt crumbling petrostate trying to squeeze more blood from the poor to fill its massive budget hole

Texas also pays more than it receives because it has tons of Federal contracts that would be gone immediately if it broke free on its own.

Jesus Christ.

His base will love it because "LOOKIT TRUMP SINGING UNLIKE THAT PINKO COMMIE KENYAN BASTARD UBUMMAR."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ularg posted:

I just found this when trying to find dumb Obama "controversies" images.

Your_predecessors_policies.jpg

• Locked thread