Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The PvP actions for black mage look fukkin sick. Foul turning into Flare or Freeze is both really cool flavor-wise, and alliterative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

They should rename miasma III to miasma II, having 1 and 3 but not 2 is dumb.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

No really, there being Miasma III but not Miasma II is just silly.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Every time you cast a mudra you have to make the hand sign IRL so that part can be difficult. Here's a guide on how to practice your mudras.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

There's a new dungeon trailer, might have some dungeon spoilers though. I haven't watched it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-cExYo5_g

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

As a heads up, right under the big logo, the OP text still says Heavensward :v:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

My queue is going down at a steady rate of 100/minute. So, 13 more minutes for me.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The boss has a good theme, at least. Well done, Soken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzYz0yuefAc

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I was whining about it in FC chat, but how come now that they've suddenly got a really cool PVP system, they no longer allow for pre-made parties in the feast?! Like, am I missing something here? It was removed in the 4.0 patch.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Countblanc posted:

more accurately they know that people won't quit over this and buying additional servers specifically for ~2 weeks isn't really a great move financially

Yeah this is what it is, this is what happens with every MMO.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Are the Japanese servers having the Raubahn issue as well? I'm curious for no real reason.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I warned you guys yesterday to stop using the duty finder when it said to please not use the duty finder!! Now we reap our just rewards.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Farg posted:

very minor spoiler, just before lochs

why cant alphinaud stop accidentally saying weird pervert things to lady scions

Because he's a god drat HOMEBOY

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Toshimo posted:

Baut sidequest chain is A++.

Yeah, it was really good. I got real invested in it.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The numbering system gives us Jolt II, which sounds like Bolt 2, which is the kind of old-school naming I can get behind.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The reason PBC was not planning on moving was because even though FC members could teleport to the FC house, new players who were looking to APPLY to the FC would not be able to reach Shirogane, in order to use the FC board (located at the house) to apply.

Now, I don't know if there are other ways to apply, or if even FC-less new players can make their way over to Shirogane somehow, but that's what was up last I heard.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Some dumb teenagers on youtube tried this recently and failed.

holy poo poo

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

i've heal-tanked tam-tara, you definitely don't need a tank for it.

well, actually, a tank joined in after the second "boss", so i cant speak for the final stretch

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I've actually healed brayflox as a 3-man without a tank, though the last boss was really dicey.

The two DPS coordinated pretty well and alternated "tanking", which left me free to cast heal spells as needed.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Obligatum VII posted:

Also, dungeons give max ethers now, no excuse not to be quad flaring. If you have a second BLM or a RDM who likes you enough, mana shift means 5 flares. 5 flares, my friend. Living the dream.

You can combine triplecast and swiftcast and convert and ether for Swiftcast Quadruple Flare, right? This is very important.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ferrinus posted:

Yes.

Unfortunately I'm not sure you can pentaflare because I suspect that Astral Fire makes you incapable of benefiting from someone else's manashift.

Quite possible that you can't pentaflare, but the fact that I can re-enact that post is all that I need.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm having a really, really rotten week and I'm thinking about spending the last $20 that I budgeted for this steam sale and getting the base game.

Yea/Nay?

Yea, make sure you roll on Excalibur, even if you have to create a character at 3 AM to do so.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Countblanc posted:

Is any of Susano's damage magical? I toss out Addle for the second Uzemi or whatever it's called but I'm not actually sure if it's helping.

I haven't actually looked at the numbers so it's possible it's just something along the lines of confirmation bias, but in my experience/recollection Ukehi seems to do noticeably less damage to my healthbar when Addled.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Mordiceius posted:

I still remember back in my WoW days when Lemon King was making mods to troll pubbies with lucky charms.

Iconhell was the loving BEST.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

SKULL.GIF posted:

What if you could get 59,999 gil now instead of 60,000 in a week?

that's assuming a buyer won't just read 59,999 gil as 60k gil, and decides that its above his/her price range for around 50k gil

which may very well be the case, in which case 59,999 gil now is the better option

but there's a lot of assumptions.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Thumbtacks posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6m3tww/blm_fire_iv_and_40/

holy poo poo the arr rotation is better than the 4.x one

The takeaway I'm getting here is while keeping up the 4.x one is good, if you can't due to mechanics, don't panic.

Not that you should anyways, mechanics getting in the way of your rotation, and figuring out how to recover from that, is part of the BLM puzzle that I really enjoy figuring out.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

queeb posted:

it's funny too since BLM ARR rotation is probably funner in that you dont worry about umbral, have lots of procs to fire off whenever, are way more mobile.. and probably do more DPS on a movement heavy fight. do the devs actually play the game at all?

I used to feel that way when I first hit 60, but nowadays I definitely don't think it's as fun. BLM in 3.x and to a much lesser extent in 4.x is a rotation that WILL be thrown off by movement, but dealing with that is what makes it enjoyable. It's definitely traditionally been tuned so that you can expect to have to improvise yet still be able to put out good damage.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Tomestones / Badges of Justice / Valor rule. Wotlk ftw.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/335645-Some-interesting-numbers-on-4.0-BLM/page1

Uhhhhhhh

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Dr Pepper posted:

I fail to see a problem that can be fixed by adjusting potencies means the job is "fundamentally bromen"

Yeah I don't agree that it's fundamentally broken either but I'm just shocked in a "how did they not ensure that the new rotation is better?!" sense. i'm sure it will be addressed but hopefully sooner than later, it's just so silly

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Waci posted:

This was largely how I felt as well when goingt hrough the story. Then got to the part where you engineer a revolution, literally ride into Ishgard on the back of an elder dragon, and personally kill the government, and was like "ok I guess this was a good story after all".

I agree with this in every way.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cythereal posted:

There has been a grand total of one story-relevant Ishgardian I've met so far who isn't a complete rear end in a top hat. I do not want to save these fuckheads.

I think you'll be just fine.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nobody expects the Ishgardian Inquisition!

Lmfao at Cardinal Biggles

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Thumbtacks posted:

oh jesus is that what halicarnassus savage is

This is halicarnassus savage

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

you can just buy some good gear in ishgard

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Since Varis clearly isn't it, when are we getting an Evil David Bowie Emperor fight?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Seeking advice on the 70 BLM opener/rotation question.

I'm seeing some videos/OF posts/reddit posts/etc.... where the BLM's are using Leylines during Umbral opener (ex: B3>Enochian>T3>Leylines>B4>F3), and then using Triple Cast & Swiftcast for the opening Fire IV's, but isn't using Triple/Swiftcast during Leylines sort of... anti-synergy? Sure, you're lowering the recast time regardless, but you're missing out on 4 GCD's worth of lowered cast times, no? Wouldn't it be better to use Triple/Swiftcast, and then Leylines afterwards?

Then there is the question about Thundercloud usage. I've seen some people who throw them out immediately after getting the proc, while others only use them during the Umbral phases.

I've also heard things like Blizzard 4 isn't worth casting and is a loss in some instances and uhhh.. :ohdear:

Basically does anyone have a link to some solid reputable resources for BLM at 70, or care to share your personal findings? I'm getting some conflicting reports, and nearing 70 and would really like some clarity.

It is anti-synergy, and I think a lot of it is old habits. The opener I use is as follows:

B3->Enochian->T3->B4->F3->Triplecast->F4->F4->Sharpcast->F4->Leylines->F1->F4->F4->F4->Firestarter->Convert->F4->F4->B3

For thunderclouds, you want to cook the proc as long as you can, without actually losing the proc.
In umbral phases, your priority is to cast foul if and only if you have it up, and to refresh your thundercloud. It's not worth hardcasting thundercloud if you JUST refreshed it with a proc before entering UI, and if foul isn't ready then you might not have full MP after just casting thunder, so in those situations you want to buy time by casting blizzard 4. You also want to cast blizzard 4 every time convert and sharpcast are up and you are planning on doing an 8 fire-4 rotation, as without it the way MP ticks work, its quite possible the convert will still only give you one extra fire4 cast (or rather, itll give you two, but the second wont leave you with enough MP for blizzard 3). You'll wind up casting blizzard 4 only, like, 2-4 times per fight. If you DO cast it, it's not a HUGE dps loss, just a small one.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

If you want a potion in your opener I would use it in the beginning of the fire phase, though I haven't confirmed when is most optimal.

Also, that triplecast early on is a great time to get in position in the beginning of fights.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

just finished PFing my way all the way from deltascape 1 savage to a clear of NEO exdeath. i am strong. gamer hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Those two orchestrion rolls that are via promotional code, anyone know anything about them?

Also, servers go up in just a few minutes over an hour, right?

I totally forget, if you stay logged in on the launcher will it turn to a green button or do you have to restart the launcher?