Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
should have 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Anyway my point isn't that the Democrats shouldn't run as a party on a leftist platform, but rather that there seems to be this sense that doing so would be a silver bullet while there doesn't appear to be any reason to suspect that this is the case.

I mean the status quo didn't work so I'm happy to give it a shot, but I think the left needs a lot more organization than merely around an electoral strategy.

i know this is the suck zone but can you not suck this hard?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
actually it benefits everyone to not have tens of thousands of people dying every year from lack of health insurance

hth you little ghoul

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Uncle Wemus posted:

who even is this

a political science graduate you hack, you fraud, you charlatan

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Subjunctivitis posted:

Run candidates at multiple levels across the country (unlike the Greens).

uhh

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
would

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Zikan posted:

this thread is so insanely easy to troll

even better is how insanely easy it is for this thread to troll anyone who reads it

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
it's not really that surprising, she had race issues out the wazoo it was just easy to forget with the army of Hillbots hell bent on proving that anyone who doesn't vocally support Clinton is actually a sexist and racist

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

Assuming Trump would have been a cakewalk to beat presumes white people aren't garbage

actually it just presumes you read the vote totals for the 2016 general election

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Vox Nihili posted:

You're wrong, any reasonably popular Dem would have stomped him into he ground.

i really don't understand how watching Hillary throw the election against the worst candidate in history has led people to the conclusion that actually, trump wasn't easy to beat

that trump did as well as romney is absolutely shocking... but romney lost

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

dunno I'd rather Saudi Arabia didn't have that money and it was used to keep kids in Africa from dying of HIV

ahh yes the classic "but they are stealing money from the people donating it" like that's the purpose of those donations and not a pre-emptive quid pro quo

this was my favorite obama speech take, glad to see it make a comeback

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

I guess I don't see how donating to a regularly audited charity is as quid

it doesn't surprise me that a bad dem (or at least bad dem apologist) doesn't understand how politics works

here's a Q for you, why do you think Saudi Arabia donates money to the Clinton Foundation?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Main Paineframe posted:

no, you see, clearly the US wouldn't have done anything beneficial to longtime ally Saudi Arabia if not for a few million dollars donated to a charity

"few million dollars" might want to fact check your source there tiger

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
people need to stop thinking that the existing democratic leadership is able to "change"

you're just not going to see any sort of reasonable plan with the current idiots at the wheel

failure shouldn't be shocking, it should be expected

the idea that a message crafted by Nancy pelosi chuck schumer and the DNC is going to be anything but drivel is pure unadulterated hopium

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

The US needs a fascist nightmare so that leftists show up just to keep the fascist out of office instead of whining at home about earning muh vote

but enough about the democratic primary

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

someone's mad on the internet

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Al! posted:

my favorite part of the suck zone is when right wing political cartoons and articles are posted unironically

my favorite is when people pretend like the democrats aren't right wing

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Al! posted:

i dont, commie ned flanders

i never said you did forums poster Al!

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Scent of Worf posted:

here let's laugh at the resistance:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819657&pagenumber=43&perpage=40#post474610912

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Karl Barks posted:

the whole cancer thing is fake and they're doing it for the publicity!!!

someone please start this conspiracy theory

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Concerned Citizen posted:

we might as well go full accelerationist for any hope to ever actually achieve a progressive agenda.

finally you understand

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

unfortunately i'm generally against the wholesale slaughter of poor people for the sake of maybe possibly making legislative progress, but to each their own.

i thought you voted for clinton though?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

first democrat to carry orange county since great depression

finally, a politician who appeals to rich white people

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Weeping Wound posted:

this Concerned Citizen poster is basically beholden to the party everyone shits on in this thread, aren't they

he's trying to get a job at the DNC and is going to print out this thread and attach it to his resume

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
it takes a special kind of lanyard to witness the DNC throwing away hundreds of millions of dollars on a bad candidate and then say "actually its the state parties that are bad"

they literally couldn't do any worse

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
that's the tweet of a mentally ill person, it's sad not funny

who is jen kirkman anyways?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

Free speech is the favorite tool of the fascist

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
i spent the better part of my morning on this and thought some of you might like to participate

i present verrrit.com

http://verrrit.com

For anyone that'd like to contribute I have a template made here:

http://verrrit.com/t/template.jpg for the jpgs

http://verrrit.com/t/template.psd for the psd for higher effort folks

NewForumSoftware has issued a correction as of 23:16 on Sep 4, 2017

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Fake News!

don't worry we're going to have authentication codes

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Main Paineframe posted:

what's so hard about "enough that nobody ever has to worry about rent, food, or healthcare"?

rich people might have to pay more taxes

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

when a loving homunculus like Cory Booker signs on the single payer, it should be a sign that your ask is way the gently caress too small

has it ever occurred to you that there are literally zero people in here who feel that single payer healthcare is the endgame of politics?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
what is it with centrists who talk about votes as if they are "against" something and not "for" something?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Captain_Maclaine posted:

NPR had someone on this morning promoting a book he'd written on the history of American Capitalism and over and over he kept insisting that capitalism was best understood divorced from political ideology and purely as a disinterested economic system that just sorta functioned on its own and who's shortcomings were the responsibility of society to ameliorate (and which somehow were not inherent to its own model). I may have sworn a bunch while listening to it.

gently caress that guy

i like 1a's intro thingy and thats about it

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
tbqh i don't trust anyone who's been a member of democratic leadership any time in the past 50 years

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
lets be honest Virginia is a lost cause anyways

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm a Russian Active Measure

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Bryce has bad politics because he’s FYGM about pipeline construction and the trades

god forbid the trades take over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

could someone link me to the post explaining how the debt could be solved literally overnight by the government if it had the will to do so? i thought that was particularly interesting, but i can't remember who said it (either it wasn't comedyblissoption or i didn't dig far enough back into the post history, because i haven't found the right search terms yet)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillion_dollar_coin

• Locked thread