Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The only thing better than Destiny is Destiny's community. God bless everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I thought you could get all games on PC for free??

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Lucky ducks

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

spasticColon posted:

Is there a way to play the open beta without having to pre-order the game?

Follow me on Twitch! I have two codes to give away!! The first code will be raffled off when I get to 1,000 followers, and if you're a patreon subscriber you'll be automatically entered into a patreon subscriber only raffle!!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Can we get some hype in the thread plz?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

nopantsjack posted:

gonna play this and gonna guilt my friends into playing it too cause iv had to buy so many scrub tier games to play with them

how much is this game gonna be like best PC game: ck2? can you brew a baby into a flying potion?

Probably not because I feel like that's something that should have been included with the Taken King dlc. BUT, If Eris Morn is in D2, then maybe. You never know what kind of cooky side quest she'll send you on

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ok hi everyone

i didnt realize there was already a PC thread so i blew an hour writing an op and stuff

That's a weird name for a guy

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I hope we can duel with fireteam members and make dupes of guns

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

fadam posted:

My brain is broken and I care about lore and backstory but I never played Destiny 1 and don't want to buy it. Is there a good Youtube video I can watch to get caught up?

Someone linked a pretty succinct video already. There's also a guy on YouTube named Byf, and he produces some good videos covering Destiny's lore, according to the grimoire.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Looks pretty.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's the exact same model used in D1. Stuff found in those loot boxes are effectively useless until you pump gear found only by playing into them to even make them wearable.

Yes it toes the line a bit it isn't nearly a big deal as it seems. Calm the gently caress down you sissies.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Marlow posted:

This game checks so many of my boxes I think I may need to preemptively start seeing a marriage councilor. I won't be joining a goon clan or squad or corp or blob or whatever metric of measurement they're using for this game because my friends group is more insular than those tribes that you see shooting arrows at helicopters on YouTube every now and again. I would like to play with m'goonbros though, so maybe add me on bnet? I'll join the discord and pester people when the game comes out as well.

Still, you may as well form a clan with your friends even if it's kept private. You get loot just by accumulating points doing any activity in the game. This can come in handy when you need help getting over a power level threshold.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Hope y'all pc havers are having fun! Game looks fantastic from the streams I'm watching. It's fun seeing my fav streamers experience everything for the first time. I might treat myself to a budget rear end pc for Xmas... :thunk:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah but when you have an external power brick, your Destiny 2 rig can look like mine :smuggo:

Sames size as an Xbox One X but with an overclocked 1080ti hotrodded out the top of it.

I wish I was getting hotrodded right now!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

If you don't reach 265 by next reset (every Tuesday) the game will give and identify the engrams on your behalf anyway.

No poo poo? I didn't know that. Do they show up in your postmaster?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I thought AIDS was good...?

E. Beaten. Phone posting in an elevator :(

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Yodzilla posted:

What the gently caress I just realized they got rid of the Rift mode in Crucible. WHY THE gently caress DID THEY GET RID OF BOMBING RUN ARGH

Yeah, Rift was my favorite 6's mode. Bummer

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
A "Life Exotic" modifier on nightfalls would be interesting.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

quote:

Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018). 

Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games). 

GOOD

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

qbert posted:

Too much effort to figure out / program. Let's say someone equips all exotics during the match and transfers all other gear in their inventory to their vault or something. What is the game supposed to equip them with when they go to orbit? You can't have empty slots in Destiny.

Well if I'm remembering right and you had a faction exotic class item equipped then pledged allegiance to another faction, it stripped you of your class item and had nothing equipped.

No models of guardians wearing only underwear?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Elysiume posted:

They did explicitly say that they're looking into reducing the rate of duplicates, but who knows what that actually means. Could mean a negligible change, could mean a significant one.

0.04%

juggalo baby coffin posted:

man the arrow spam rules though

Yeah people keep saying not to unlock it, but don't forget arrow damage increases with successive hits. It's a pve class so whatever

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

MMF Freeway posted:

Orpheus rig nightstalker feels extremely broken in certain situations. Like its great, I love it, but knowing nothing about how Bungie handle balancing will this be allowed to exist for the foreseeable future? I guess its been around a while on consoles so they must be fine with it.

I can see them putting a cap on how much super you get back, or taking super energy out all together. The description doesn't mention refilling super meter. Those pants sat in my vault for over a week before I randomly saw a youtube guy showoff what they did.

It's a pretty worthless exotic in pvp. I'm pretty sure you'd need to tether an entire enemy team to get even half of your super back...

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

On the other hand, Obsidian Mind stayed in D1 for three years unchanged so it's possible Bungie doesn't think it's an issue.

Tru that

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They will come in handy when you spend 500 of them at the exotic kiosk trying to get a Mananan scout with the gunsmith shards.

I think I spent roughly 8,000 before I finally got another Quickfang. Still chasing that Antiope tho

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

the good fax machine posted:

Same. (The blue version is easy to get tho....)

I realized I still had that mission available on an alt, same day I got the quickfang. It was a memorable and #blessed D2 session

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Yodzilla posted:

Yep if you want to be a Pro Sword Bro you’ve got to know how to pick your battles, when to retreat, and how to flank enemies.

xzzy posted:

So, do the same thing good players do with guns.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

bewilderment posted:

I don't understand this talk of 'endgame'.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Prospector is a v good grenade launcher, and a few people that post in this thread are bad.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
god doesn't exist.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Norns posted:

About to do the story for the 6th time :suicide:

Use hard alcohol and try to beat the campaign before you blackout!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Grenedier

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Pomp posted:

even walking reveals you on the radar?

what the gently caress

Yep its a motion tracker.

People need to learn not to panic when it's filled red.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Manky posted:

I never used Blink until last night and I decided to use it for a last winding cove exploit grind. Got pretty used to it over 30 minutes or so, enough to say it sucks rear end against mastery of burst glide

Lol 30 min of running through a hallway. You really put that jump through it's paces.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Manky posted:

Don't need to drive a Gremlin cross-country to know it's a POS

But you would take it through traffic and maybe get on the highway, yeah? Not just drive around in the parking lot...

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I mean whatever. Some folks don't understand how to use blink. I absolutely hate glide jump, but gently caress me.. Who cares? God bless y'all for being good something I'm not.

But in pvp Blink is far superior

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Orv posted:

How are goons so continually terrible at car analogies?

But I'm real good at tapping space bar :grin:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Yeah but he isn’t on PC. I haven’t found a group of solid pvp goons yet, at least that care about Destiny pvp. There’s only one other PC goon that has gone flawless afaik.

Are you gonna come back to ps4?

Also lol your pc elo vs your console elo

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

btw I’m still raiding on PS4 and I’d be down to do some trials if you guys are still running and ever have a spot. :wink:

Good.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I don't know how you could go back to PS4, it felt awful for me when I raided with my irl workmates last week. It's like going to a five-star restuarant and then eating surströmming out of an old woman's fanny.

Hell, I feel the slog when I come back from Overwatch, or Titanfall 2, so I totally get not wanting to go back to console.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Section Z posted:

A striker titan can get two grenades!

Which he is going to need, to have a chance at killing anything a Warlock can get done in one.

This is an absurd statement!

quote:

Vortex Grenade: Championship edition turbo. It's what keeps bringing me back to Chaos over Devour :allears:

Yes! Charging up axion bolts my favorite perk of this tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, what are the penalties for leaving a clan? And are there any more goon clans accepting?

My current clan is cool and all, but they get way too butthurt/serious about raid, and they never touch PvP. It's getting kinda dumb for people blaming me on wiping raid despite doing everything I'm told and not dying instantly to ads.

Penalties?! Just loving leave

• Locked thread