Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I just found out steam also releases early for Premium

"Early Access will start on 11/5 for Premium Edition"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I've done this last like ten years ago, but I woke up early just to play before work and now I hate it here lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dr. Faustus posted:

GNRC was huge. I hope GRCC FH5 can be. Huger.

im new how do you join?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ruffian Price posted:

Yeah, I definitely wasn't sitting on millions on the first day of FH4. Wheelspins are too generous with money and not enough with new clothes :argh:

I bought sunglasses that cost as much 1/5th of a new Acura, worth

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wiltsghost posted:

I read somewhere that said they have over 700k people playing right now.

some of the leaderboards go that high, but I highly doubt that many bought premium, it might be a mass scripted testing thing

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I did the 500k skillpoints season thing in those dunes, look amazing with everything maxed.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Eliminator is terrible, but the season challenge is generous with 30th place, I say as 28th place. Also someone finally uploaded the Hospital Records playlist to youtube :cheers:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
just did The Gauntlet, might be my favorite race so far

25 minutes of Ralley in a good S1 car feels like nothing

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
wait you can have FAPFAP but not GOATSE on your license plate? bullshit :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
sooo no day 1 patch, curious

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you can cheese some, drive under the roof if you can and reposition, the car basically drops from the sky onto the roof

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
if you don't want crappy socks etc in your wheelspins just buy them before, unlike cars you can't have duplicate clothing :eng101:

also they started cracking down on the 50 laps farming, you can't change the laps in the editor anymore and they reduced the laps of existing custom runs

there still are some 50s, you need to check with "properties" if they actually have the laps that are advertised

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my workday just got shittier, every Horizon song got dmca'd off youtube, which implies that they hold the copyright to the forza exclusives, not playground

before this game I didn't even know they were an actual label :/

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TjyvTompa posted:

You must have the blandest taste in the world if you think the Forza Horizon 5 soundtrack is good. I've never experienced a worse soundtrack using real songs in my life, there is not a single "banger" as it were. It all sounds like the music you hear in a restaurant. In fact my boyfriend works at a chain restaurant and he says "oh god they play this track constantly at work" over and over when I play.

what a werid thing to post

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Is the Forzathon shop working for anyone? Is it not working for anyone other than me???

Thank you.

nope, wasn't working last I checked

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
mine's Comrade because it was hilarious hearing the announcer say it and it goes with the anime designs...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr. Neutron posted:

4k60 a 3080

I tried this for a while, it works but the card literally heats to the maximum limit temperature and sounds like a turbine

pretty though

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nitramster posted:

What car and strategy is yielding the most skillpoints right now?

in addition to what others said: you can still do afk auto-steer + auto-brake 50 Goliath laps; take a x999 with tons of handling and downforce (two tricky hairpins for the AI), you should get over 300 skillpoints and 50 spins overnight/while at work

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Thom12255 posted:

How do you turn on auto drive?

set all steering and breaking to easiest, tape down accelerate, have a car that manages to drive fast and stay on the line, use one of the custom Goliath races

(use the original to testdrive your setup, if you hit the rocks in that one curve your car is too fast)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
well they promised a hotfix this week, hopefully online and crashes are done then

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah I've been playing on Solo since Monday, which gets old very fast sind the drivatars still use your car

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
regarding weird stuff on PC, apparently there is a major memory leak: https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHorizon/comments/qs2r2y/acknowledged_memory_leak_issue_on_pc/

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Qmass posted:

blech. seasonal stuff is still so bugged... the newest one is saying the objective is 1 meter more, after every jump, no matter how much I beat the previous PB by. compounded by the other major release for the year (bf2042) being hot garbage releasing unfinished poo poo is annoying the gently caress out of me and only renting them for 10 bux isn't making it any better.

read the thread, just relog and it's fixed

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I got into the Hall of Fame before I finished the Street Rracing storyline, and I think this wasn't supposed to happen (because you get insulted that you aren't a HoFer yet)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

I get the solution is to change the radio to off and play Spotify or a podcast in the background, but the music of forza 5, like forza 4, is really awful. Always let down by the classical stations composing entirely of songs used in commercials or cartoons, and of course everything else is stuff you’d hear on top 40s retail radio.

don't turn the radio off!!! turn the volume to zero so you can still get skill songs (classic has the longest)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I did those in one of my teenage dream cars I got in a lucky spin: an F40

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the seasonal race with SUVs is bullshit, I have to drive a bigass Defender and they can get M3s and Imprezas?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

emdash posted:

There’s an a800 series with modern sports cars on dirt and a separate b700 suv series. Maybe you entered the wrong one?

yeah :sweatdrop:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Incessant Excess posted:

Paint cars orange for rally, green for cross country and blue for road.

and the most insane monkey cheese for drifting

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

azflyboy posted:

Has anyone figured out why adding better parts to cars will occasionally drop some of the "scores" for things like breaking or acceleration?

The one I keep noticing is that adding engine upgrades or better brakes makes the handling stat turn red (although the number only rarely seems to change), which makes zero sense because the parts don't make the car any heavier, and usually subtract some weight.

several cars have such lovely built in aerodynamics and weight distribution, if you increase their horsepower by a little bit they only get more unwieldy (older cars mostly)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GolfHole posted:

This is a stupid question but is there is any reason to horde money in this game? Like for DLC purchases or anything.

I do see auctions for 20M cars and I might want one of those one day. I got that covered in spades.

All good, or more?

what do you mean hoard? just play normally, buy tuning stuff and cars you need, don't play just to grind money you'll burn out

I guess afk goliaths for wheelspins but that's gonna dry up anyway as you level up

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Control Volume posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiS42DFTgGM

Decided to make a video of my slightly unhinged gameplay preferences

why does it look like this? is that video compression?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WhiteHowler posted:

I got a Hoonitruck from a wheelspin last night.

When I saw it, I thought "If I had to design a vehicle for the douchiest dudebro I've ever met, this would be that vehicle" -- but I tried it, and the thing is turning out to be an absolute monster at racking up fast skill points.

I only need 5 more season points to get the second car for Autumn, but I've done all of the events I want to do. It looks like none of the second seasonal reward cars are exclusive to the seasons though?

correct, they are just rare

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Babe Magnet posted:

Game's been real unstable for me lately, crashing every 6 or 7 loading screens.

ctd or black screen to reboot?

I got the latter real bad until I limited the max power of the 3080 so it didn't overheat (just clad the card is still working)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
snow is here woo

the forzathon weekly is bugged, when you take a photo of the 911 you first have to do the other single challenge (at night) first and then a normal one to progress

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zeether posted:

Are they seriously banning people for copyrighted liveries? Also gently caress the Juggernaut

that and anything even alluding to sex or drugs

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

emdash posted:

how do I see what cars are in a category like "Collector's Series" for the seasonal arena?

you can filter in the car selector, if nothing shows up you need to buy one (same filter in the market)

edit: some restrictions don't seem to have an explicit filter yet, for example the reasonably priced car is simply below 30k sticker price

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
anyone who is unsure about rivals: I got all the 5% accolades whith a keyboard and downloaded tunes

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TescoBag posted:

This weeks trial is awful

which is a shame, because the course itself is very nice, did all my rivals on it and loved it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

barnold posted:

trying to get 3 stars on vocho In The Baja is going to turn me into the joker. PG's devs are smoking pure strain meth. 1m48s is bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-iyku2yMys

if you do this you need to take the shot at 1m47.5 and the car will run into the area while photomode loads (time will stand still)